• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

- I wish KK Slider didn't leave so early. In NL, he would be performing until 2AM but in NH, he seems to leave by 12AM. I am a massive nightowl so I'm not a big fan of change, but I'm hoping that if we do get the nightclub back >-<

I hate him showing up so early. I think a good compromise is to have him show up at 4pm or 5pm, and leave at 3am.

I’m annoyed that I can’t put my double DIY’s in my storage, I just have them laying on the floor in my house now.

I'm enjoying New Horizons overall, but it seems like every day I encounter a new issue with it, which was NOT a problem with past installments. It's like as time goes on, I discover example after example of how unfinished this game was when it shipped. For all the people who insist that New Horizons' rolling updates are going to keep interest in the game, I just feel kind of insulted that we were given something with so many bugs and so many poorly-thought-out design decisions and we're just supposed to grin and bear it because, hey, something is better than nothing, right?

I know game design and development are difficult. I understand this. What I do not understand is why, when it comes to video games, we are supposed to happily accept unfinished/incomplete/outright-wonky products because, ooh, production is hard. Making most things is hard. We are right to complain when we buy virtually anything else and it isn't working as intended, or shows clearly shoddy construction, but if it's a video game, somehow this is different and we are just... spoiled babies crying about nothing... because... why exactly? I don't get the logic.

I wish Nintendo had delayed the release of the game, honestly. It wasn't ready when it shipped and that much just becomes clearer to me the more I play it. They didn't have enough time, or enough manpower, or maybe they were lacking in both departments, I don't know. I'm just so tired of being given table scraps and having the rest of the fanbase tell me to suck it up. It was like this when the most recent Fire Emblem came out as well - the writing was weak and disjointed with so many loose threads and decisions that seemed to make no sense, but saying so meant I was ungrateful (which makes no sense lmao????) and whiny. I just expect better. I'm losing faith in Nintendo properties pretty rapidly at this point.

Sorry, I just. had to get that off my chest. I love this series and Nintendo already has my money at this point so... insert shrug emoji I guess

I am so sick of seeing/reading posts about villager popularity, Raymond etc. It shouldn't matter how popular a villager is. If you like them and they make you happy, then that's all that matters! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or give you crap for having only "popular" villagers. There's nothing wrong with having a preference for certain villagers. It's your game.

I wish there was a general villager popularity thread (not necessarily a tier list) where you can lump all of these posts together so I can actually browse content about the game and not something so subjective.

I wish people posting on Twitter would stop speaking like 2 year olds.
"We STAN (insert character name)!!!!" "We're SO wholesome!"
Shut. Up.

Never forget this gem.

uzxeihh25ux41.png

I am so sick of seeing/reading posts about villager popularity, Raymond etc. It shouldn't matter how popular a villager is. If you like them and they make you happy, then that's all that matters! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or give you crap for having only "popular" villagers. There's nothing wrong with having a preference for certain villagers. It's your game.

I wish there was a general villager popularity thread (not necessarily a tier list) where you can lump all of these posts together so I can actually browse content about the game and not something so subjective.
I like that idea! Something like a Raymond megathread where people talk about him in general and/or celebrate finding him on an island/campsite. I don’t see nearly as many threads about Judy or Audie, despite their popularity as well.

Is everyone making sure to voice their concerns to Nintendo directly so they can document it, rather than it getting lost in here?

One example is I have recently contacted support inquiring about a volume control for the BGM in the game. Although it may ultimately amount to nothing, the rep did say they have documented my concern and are sending it to the appropriate department. I assume if they got enough people voicing their interest in such a feature, the chances of seeing it implemented may become a reality.

I don't know if this really constitutes as a rant but I still don't get the hype over NMTs. Seems like people only want them to get specific villagers and who even has the time or patience to sit and grind mystery islands when there's a good chance you might never even find the villager you're looking for? I have my favorites but there's no way any of them are worth that much of my time 😆 I just happened to find Zucker on a mystery island yesterday and as much as I love him I would never have spent potentially hundreds of NMTs searching for him.

Keep getting Leif as my random NPC visitor and I have no need for any more bushes and flowers from him right now uggh :,( Just want Flick so I can get some bug models.

If we didn't have villager tier lists, how would we know which villagers we're supposed to want?

/sarcasm

I know right? I can't imagine what it would be like to...ya know. Think for myself and form my own opinions! The hOrRoR!!!11!1!!!!!

/also sarcasm

Seriously though, I don't remember tier lists being a thing until a few years after New Leaf was out. Have they just always been a massive thing like they are now? Am I just the one slow on the uptake?

i came here to say the exact same thing LOL the "does anyone else hate (popular villager)"-esque threads have gotten old so fast. of course there's going to be people who hate certain villagers and that's fine! but there's no need to make a whole new thread about it when you could just go back a page and find five more saying the exact same thing. also these threads are a huge source of unnecessary negativity/bad vibes imo. you aren't special for disliking popular characters and making people feel bad for liking them is an awful thing to do for such a "wholesome" community.

I am really tired of villager tier lists. Do we really need to turn everything into a popularity contest?
i came here to say the exact same thing LOL the "does anyone else hate (popular villager)"-esque threads have gotten old so fast. of course there's going to be people who hate certain villagers and that's fine! but there's no need to make a whole new thread about it when you could just go back a page and find five more saying the exact same thing. also these threads are a huge source of unnecessary negativity/bad vibes imo. you aren't special for disliking popular characters and making people feel bad for liking them is an awful thing to do for such a "wholesome" community.

Yeah I definitely agree and also went here to say the same thing. I stopped going on Reddit because of how weirdly elistist it has gotten over villagers and it's really disappointing to see that it's slowly creeping through TBT.

Not really so much about the game as it is about some of the people in the community and it’s definitely been said before. I don’t understand how liking a popular villager opens a person up for abuse. It blows my mind how in one breath some people can vent and be sad that their favorite villager isn’t popular, and in the same breath tell dozens of people their opinion is invalid because they happen to enjoy popular villagers. It’s almost like these people have zero self awareness.

I guess my main question is how does someone having Raymond or liking Raymond affect you and your island? Why are people allowed to be salty that Rocket or Hazel aren't A-tier villagers and then turn around and be downright cruel to people who do have A-tier villagers on their island? I think a lot of people have this mentality that disliking something that’s popular makes them unique, so they try and fill up their island with as many ‘unwanted’ villagers as possible just to be able to post it and say that they’re different. Honestly I’d rather have villagers I like than try and find villagers no one likes just for fake internet points.

I’m not so much speaking on people here as I am on Facebook and Twitter, here honestly seems to be the best of the community. There’s just so many better ways to spend your time than worrying about someone else’s villagers and their island, and the amount of hate towards popular villagers seems really unhealthy. If you hate something that much because it’s popular it definitely says more about you than it does about the thing you hate. If someone wants a villager as a symbol of whatever (Raymond) why does that have anything to do with you? If you visit 16 islands and they all have the same villagers it still has nothing to do with you.

edit: it’s okay to hate certain villagers and not be a fan of popular ones, but the hate is obsessive and weird at this point.

Is everyone making sure to voice their concerns to Nintendo directly so they can document it, rather than it getting lost in here?

One example is I have recently contacted support inquiring about a volume control for the BGM in the game. Although it may ultimately amount to nothing, the rep did say they have documented my concern and are sending it to the appropriate department. I assume if they got enough people voicing their interest in such a feature, the chances of seeing it implemented may become a reality.
Can you explain how? Nintendo's support is a pretty complicated maze lol

I just mentioned this in another thread but I feel the need to beg and plead for it to be implemented ingame as though my posting about it will make it happen... but I really hope that paths will be able to be anti-aliased/blended in together. Like, I cannot STAND the grass that shows in between different paths. I like how the paths can be layered, like I noticed my diner floor paths were laid on top of the sand, but they need to fix more and also allow paths to be placed underneath objects/buildings/whatever, literallyanyobjectontheground. Have some sort of UI option that makes the objects and buildings appear translucent so you can select the squares underneath them. Oh yeah, and add square telegraphing so you know where exactly you're laying down paths and digging, etc.

Back