• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Hunger Games Mafia - Game Thread - Endgame - Mafia + Survivor Win

There's one little note I want to make about Punchy's claim:

For Punchy to be Mafia and to claim a fake role like Detective would be very bad because not only would he have to worry about a counterclaim, but also accidentally killing the real Detective at Night. That's a very risky move to pull as Mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For Punchy to be Mafia and to claim a fake role like Detective would be very bad because not only would he have to worry about a counterclaim, but also accidentally killing the real Detective at Night. That's a very risky move to pull as Mafia.

One question for Farobi, though: Why null Locket and SL Kam? Locket had posted RQS and nothing else, Kam had posted nothing.

Posting nothing can look scummy. See Tom last game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Punchy probably would have been lynched if he hadn't claimed. If the "real" detective does counterclaim anytime soon, that would be good for mafia as they will be able to kill them. It's a risky move for sure, but it's less risky than being lynched on the spot.

If Punchy is scum, would they have lost any KP from losing him?

ok so tbt has been v e r y slow and being on mobile makes life worse so don't expect any wall posts from me ://///

i would like to note that i believe punchys claim, unless someone ccs in day2, which i think is unlikely idk.

I'm tempted to think that if he is, scum will kill him. But if he's telling the truth, would scum risk keeping him alive in order to get a mislynch on him?

- - - Post Merge - - -

If he is detective, then his investigation would be confirmed as soon as he is killed. I don't think scum would allow that to happen.

I think this is entitled to Rune as well as I stated before, because he stated out loud he would work with town even when he claimed he was a Survivor. Not sure whether or not orange roles work along with mafia via mafia chat (that's a thing, right?) but stating your alignment/agenda out loud and stating you would work with town while having an orange role should be consider a threat to mafia. Although, if rune is telling the truth then mafia won't risk killing their own during a night phase. It could go either way. In mafia, anything could go either way if you think about it hard enough.

Now then, I think it's time to post my reads as promise. I'm not sure if they are good or not but it's just my personal perspective of things. Enjoy! :D

Towns: Ghostkid, Maplesyrup
Town Leans: Dolby, Iloveyou (Aww thx <3), Dedenne2
Nulls: Farobi, Curry, Philip, Calamity, Kammm, Amazon
Scum Lean: Runey Booney, PunchyDaHufflepuff (I JUST REALIZED YOUR FULL NAME AND I LOVE IT, OMG <3)

In past games, I don't usually go in depth into anyone unless they are scum or scum lean. If you want my opinion about town members or nulls, just ask! Now, I will go into depth on my reasons about Punchy and Rune. First, it's our loveable punchy....

Punchy has always been an odd case in Mafia, or from what I have seen. His game play has been confusing for most, like in Ness's political game or Tina's recent game. Everyone thought he was scum but in the end, he was just bad town. I do think this game is different though, based on his attitude. If you haven't been keeping up with my statements, I was reading punchy and stated it to get his reaction. His statements has seem more aggressive from the usual things punchy say outside of mafia that we all know in love, or at least IMO. In the game Ness recently hosted while we were waiting for Vanessa to start this amazing game, it was a 6 player game w/ only one mafia. That mafia was Punchy and he was extremely aggressive during that game. Here's what I had to say about punchy:

Punchy: So you are aggressive as mafia, huuuuhhhh. NO ONE FOUND THIS OUT OF CHARACTER FOR LOVEABLE PUNCHY? I'm sorry, I believe people would have found you guilty sooner if I didn't false claim you as a way to get people hooked into the game. I knew it was out of character for you. Why so aggressive this time?

(I faked claim punchy to get the game started fyi and sacrificed myself to prove that punchy being aggressive was severely scummy). Punchy did apologize for being rude, so he was aware of his aggressiveness.

Ugh
I think I did well?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'd like to spoplogize to Ryu for being such a jerk during the later stages of the game. Me doing that was unessesary and rude. I'm sincerely sorry.

I can't find the quote I'm looking for but I feel like I wasn't the only one who stated punchy is acting aggressive or someone else stated it. Punchy feels off from past games he was town, but he could be just bad town again or even bad scum.

Next up, it's Runey Booney (I like that nickname, can I continue calling you it?). Basically, his first action in this game was to claim Survivor and not an blue role one but an orange role. A lot of people don't find this suspicious because it's unlikely mafia would do this but if the majority of vets are thinking this, couldn't rune do this as a mafia tactic since no one would expect it? Now, I probably would have let this go but his reason behind his claim just made me even more suspicious:. Here's the quote:

i claimed early for two reasons. number one was bc i thought that mafia would be a lot less likely to claim tp first up so i would look a lot more like a survivor if i claimed more than if i claimed later on. number two was bc dolby in particular is very good at reading me, and would def notice smth was up with me and that i prob wasnt a vanilla town if that was what i claimed. this is bad for me if hes town, bc hell assume im maf and start a lynch against me, and if hes maf, as hell assume im blue and will kill me during the night. knowing this, i had to claim survivor right off the bat so that none of that can happen.

also for everyone calling for my blood rn, while i understand where ur coming from id like to point out that my death rly wont help town at all, unless u think im scum. u should prob be looking for someone who u either read as mafia or someone who would give a lot of info on their death, which while i dont rly blame u for the first one i rly dont see the second one at all, since ive literally posted one time. also its like 12 hrs into d1 so maybe cool it a little lol, theres still plenty of time left

- - - Post Merge - - -

was it right was it not idk

Now look at his number 2 reason. He was worried about Dolby reading him if he didn't claim and find out he's an orange role. That like me confessing to murdering someone to the police even if it's not true just because I thought a spider was going to bite me in my left ear. His reason is quite specific and far fetched to seem plausible so I don't see it as a solid reason. His first reason even states it's less likely that mafia would claim this early in the game. Plus, how can we fully trust him in his claim that he would side with town? His objective is to survive to the end (I think) so maybe his claim is legit because everyone think he's innocent but how can we 100% trust he'll side with town while having an orange role?

Now, the reason why they are both scum leans is because I'm not 100% sure if my claims are right or wrong, or if my reasons are plausible. Both players are a threat to mafia though because Rune stated he would work with town while having an orange role while punchy claimed to be detective because he didn't want to get lynch day one. Basically, the both openly stated they are with town so wouldn't mafia take them out during night 1 to get rid of those threats? If not, then couldn't that make them a little suspicious.

Anyways, these are my reads. Thank you for reading them and it's time to go eat dinner! It's spaghetti night.

the quote was a little harsh? tbh i dont see how it was aggressive, punchy just didnt think your reasoning was enough

I see it more as defensive and could have been worded better so it would seem harsh. Calling my reasoning weak and telling me I tried is not alittle rude to you? He could have stated his reasons.

- - - Post Merge - - -

the quote was a little harsh? tbh i dont see how it was aggressive, punchy just didnt think your reasoning was enough

I see it more as defensive and could have been worded better so it would seem harsh. Calling my reasoning weak and telling me I tried is not alittle rude to you? He could have stated his reasons.

- - - Post Merge - - -

wouldn't* seem harsh

- - - Post Merge - - -

wouldn't* seem harsh

he couldve but i dont see anything wrong with saying your reasoning is weak. saying that u tried could be seen as rude but i dont think he meant it to come off as that, idk ;;

he couldve but i dont see anything wrong with saying your reasoning is weak. saying that u tried could be seen as rude but i dont think he meant it to come off as that, idk ;;

It's not a matter of if they mean it or not, it's how you come off. I saw it as rude that is why I believe punchy statement was aggressive and out of character for him.

no one, I want to see how night 1 plays out.

AntonioIsScum.jpg

Townlocks
Punchy
Antonio

Punchy is a provisional townlock and I would be very surprised, but wouldn't eat my hat, should he flip scum. But he's an uncced cop, and considering my own experience with 15 player setups that is not a claim that scum makes wanting to survive and as I said before, when scum KP drops from two to one on Day One they might as well surrender because it makes the game so much more difficult for them

As for Antonio, I feel like he's kinda been made a punching bag, but what scum posts this three minutes before they're expecting to be lynched? I consider this as tantamount to a townslip from him
Welp, I'm going to be lynched so I'm going to claim. I'm just a regular townie without no special abilities. The reason why I want to claim is because once I die and you see that my claim is True, I want you guys to follow my death wishes and avenge me. I don't mind dying because I just wanted to be a replacement. Here's the list:

1) Look into the people who voted for me, besides dolby and ghost. Dolby can't decide and ghost was doing it just for punchy.
2) Punchy claimed out of desperation and is more aggressive then usual self. Look into my post about my test.
3) Please look into my reason why I think rune claim is false. His reason is sketchy and you guys say mafia won't do that but mafia would do that since no one will think mafia would do that. Look into my post for my reasons.

It was nice playing! :D
This would give us WAY to much information on him to analyze should he be scum and is an extremely bad play to make when he thinks the vote can't be changed (he was in the lead by two at the time I believe, so he needed literally everyone there who hadn't already switched to switch if I remember who was there right), specifically through the people whomst he's called out

Of note, this kinda makes me think that the lynch was somewhat useless informationwise, as I view all three major candidates as town (Punchy, Antonio, and Waffles). Punchy was taken off the table and both Antonio and Waffles hadn't claimed (so no distinguishing factor for scum going for absent blue blood potential). I would also be astounded if none of the pressure on both Punchy and Antonio is from mafia

Third-Party
Runeraider

If you think he's mafia, he's not. If you think he's hostile TP you really need to provide justification for that view

This leaves me with: Ghost, calamity, Evan, Farobi, ILY, Dedenne, Kammm, Silver, Locket/Philemon, and Byngo/Curry as people who I see as having ANY scum potential. The last two are null to me, so far I haven't really seen anything alignment indicative or important from them or their replacements (exempting Philemon, but I'm not really sure how to take that from him).

Null-Lack of relevant contributions
Locket/Philemon
Byngo/Curry

Putting Philemon on top simply for displaying common sense regarding Punchy

Ghost, calamity, Evan, Farobi, ILY, Dedenne, Kammm, Silver

Ordered from most to least town imo: Calamity,Ghost, Evan, ILY, Farobi, Dedenne, Kammm, Silver

These are definetely more motivated by my personal opinions on the pressure being placed on Punchy and Antonio, which is only slightly less unfounded than any pressure being placed on Rune at this point. Farobi's placement in here has definetely dropped for asking Punchy who he has going to inspect and once he began to be pressured try to turn it around on Punchy for claiming that he's "Grasping at straws"

Kam-Farobi link? That was like an hour apart and I was even closer in time to Evan's post who is also not

The first half of this list is barely distinguishable from each other in terms of towniness and suspicion, distinctly more towny than the later half, but also haven't done anything to make me particularly comfortable strongly townleaning them. Both Evan and ILY have been making sense, and they haven't done anything that I find to be particularly mafia motivated, however they haven't done anything that they wouldn't do as maf. Ghost has done nothing, but I feel that during the panic after Punchy's claim he would have pretended to leave or give an excuse to leave his vote on Punchy. Calamity has been absent but I still think that he's town because his train of thought, while linear, did seem town-motivated to me at the time

I especially don't like Kammm and Silver's continued pressure on Punchy, particularly Kammm for refusing to believe that a cop WOULDN'T CC then and there. They 100% would (unless they weren't online at the time). Although Silver's push on Punchy seemed more half-hearted and logical, but it also continues the trend of bandwagoning onto poor options

I would prefer the lynch tomorrow to be in the Farobi-Silver section of the list here

I'm grinning rn but i don't get it.

it's a meme that I've used to show how after you said you "want to see how day 1 plays out," you STILL sus nobody and "want to see how night 1 plays out." The meme skewers your lack of doing anything in terms of scumhunting :)

And Dedenne to speak about her, whenever I come across a post of hers it feels like my brain filters it into nothingness for some reason

it's a meme that I've used to show how after you said you "want to see how day 1 plays out," you STILL sus nobody and "want to see how night 1 plays out." The meme skewers your lack of doing anything in terms of scumhunting :)

I don't remember saying anything about day 1, just night 1. Even if I did, I meant night 1. Also, I have been scumming hunting. Have you just not seen my post with my reads? What have you done exactly?

@Dolby I did claim, it's in the quoted message.

I don't remember saying anything about day 1, just night 1. Even if I did, I meant night 1. Also, I have been scumming hunting. Have you just not seen my post with my reads? What have you done exactly?

@Dolby I did claim, it's in the quoted message.

I meant at the time, Your claim came three minutes before EOD, so you might have effectively just not have claimed for the purposes of my statement. Point being, I really don't think any of the voters on either you or Waffles were motivated by finding blue blood

Back