• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I'm suddenly having problems adding pictures to my signature.
I have always used imgur and never had a problem until recently.
Now I just get "image can't be uploaded from the passed link"

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Did you use the [ IMG ][ /IMG ] tags in BB coding?

@Alolan_Apples I had always just used the insert image button which previously worked.
Thanks for bringing my attention to the fact I could just add it through code.
Working now (hopefully)

Any suggestions?
I'm not exactly sure how Imgur works, but I know that on ImgBB there are "viewer links" and "direct links". if you try to paste the viewer link into the forum uploader then it will give you the error you mentioned above.

if you can't figure out where/how to get the direct link, you can right click the image and click "open in a new tab", then copy the URL in the address bar and paste it into the forum uploader (or with the image code, [ img]URL[ /img] without spaces).

could someone explain to me why, when I set this GIF as my avatar, it gets all messed up? the GIF itself is fine, but when I use it as an avatar it looks messed up. 😭

this is what it should look like:
c210768f83b1a5ac3c4ee1344c52fa4b.gif

and this is what it looks like when I upload it as my avatar:
4442-1.gif

it's not too big of a deal, but I really like this gif and I was hoping to use it as my avatar rip
This one I can sort of explain since I've run into it too. I'm pretty sure TBT's animated avatar tries to do some compression-related stuff, especially when there are places that don't change between frames when there's transparency. Unfortunately, from what I've experimented with, this means you need to avoid having parts of frames hat are repeated without any changes.

(I think one way I got around this was by adding a frame and changing the colour of it at each frame or something stupid like that.)

There might be some different way of saving gifs that avoids this issue, though I haven't figured it out yet 😓

Curiously...

I know the basement isn't including in giving out bells for posts. But are there any specific thread exclusions too that don't count towards bells?

Like the random thoughts thread?

I've never paid attention or thought about it.

I notice that I haven’t been getting any tbt from posting in the random thoughts thread and I think maybe the Pokemon general thread even though I post more than a couple of sentences usually. I was wondering if this will be changed?

I notice that I haven’t been getting any tbt from posting in the random thoughts thread and I think maybe the Pokemon general thread even though I post more than a couple of sentences usually. I was wondering if this will be changed?
The Random Thoughts Thread wasn’t intended to make TBT. Same for the Brewster’s Banter and What’s Bothering You threads. Those threads are topic-less threads. Making TBT only applies to threads with a meaningful topic to discuss.

I don't know if this is a Xenforo glitch or what, but I noticed something odd with emojis.
if I end a message with a pink heart emoji, the emoji will disappear. but if I put another emoji after the pink heart, then it won't.

edit: also just discovered that this only happens sometimes?? i just sent a VM to someone and it did, but when I tried to post an example here it didn't. it happened a few times during TBTWC. I don't know what's going on lol. 😂🩷

edit again: it seems like it happens when I end a message with a pink heart. if I write anything after the pink heart then it stays. I am confusion.

I don't know if this is a Xenforo glitch or what, but I noticed something odd with emojis.
if I end a message with a pink heart emoji, the emoji will disappear. but if I put another emoji after the pink heart, then it won't.

edit: also just discovered that this only happens sometimes?? i just sent a VM to someone and it did, but when I tried to post an example here it didn't. it happened a few times during TBTWC. I don't know what's going on lol. 😂🩷

edit again: it seems like it happens when I end a message with a pink heart. if I write anything after the pink heart then it stays. I am confusion.
Yes, there is something glitchy with the pink and light blue hearts if they are at the end of a post. I noticed it myself a few months ago and reported it, but I think there have been a lot of higher priorities. 🩷☺️

I sent a message to the private thread above, but have not received a response:

Would it be possible for a mod to pin my mafia game thread in the basement games section? The previous game is still pinned.

EDIT: Thank you LadyDestani!

Last edited:
I have noticed that the birthday and age of some members are displayed as: Jan 1, 2001 (Age: 2023)

This has got to be a glitch, or something, because it is physically impossible for anyone born in 2001 to be active from 2007-2011.

why.PNG

I have noticed that the birthday and age of some members are displayed as: Jan 1, 2001 (Age: 2023)

This has got to be a glitch, or something, because it is physically impossible for anyone born in 2001 to be active from 2007-2011.

View attachment 569216
I don’t know what to say here, but there was a time where some users shifted their birth years by 100 years back to exploit a Bell bonus for their birthdays. So it’s safe to say that some users’ birthdays don’t match their real birthdays.

Is there a specific day when the monthly birthstones are added?

It would save me some page refreshing.
They have to be manually added by staff. Sometimes it’s a little later than others, but they should be added within one week of the start of each month.

Question about the What’s Bothering You thread:

Is excessive negativity when venting in a single post on the WBY thread a forum violation?

Question about the What’s Bothering You thread:

Is excessive negativity when venting in a single post on the WBY thread a forum violation?
In a single post, not necessarily, unless there is excessive cursing. These types of situations are very much handled on a case by case basis though.

Back