• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

I think you should reset. It seems the pros of resetting your town weigh out more than the cons. If you're unhappy with the name of your town, I'd certainly reset. You will be stuck with that name forever. Good luck :3
I reset today, sadly. I'm too darn addicted. I'm still resetting now.

I probably resetted a million times, including just again last night because every time I watch YouTube videos or learn something new about AC:NL, it makes me wanna start over.

I'm not alone ! I feel the exact same way! It's so hard not to do that...for me, at least.
I haven't been here for a bit, but I just want to wish everyone luck with resetting! ^u^ Or whatever decision you might make. I really wish I could help everyone but...asdfghjkl just read my spoiler in my sig. =~=

Ahh still debating whether to buy a 2nd copy

me too. i actually got one before with a voucher i had, and it was totally worth it. when i wanted to reset my town, i always went onto my physical copy of the game and I was happy with it. i guess it was because i was still playing animal crossing, just another town.
it is worth it, if you're asking me. but don't spend your money on it if you know you'll never use it. :)

I am actually torn on resetting. My town's layout is super cramped and I really don't feel as if I can do much with it. I mean, I have great villagers in my opinion, and I even have a few dreamies that people are looking for, and I have so many bells at the moment that I'm swimming in, but I won't buy anything so as to not waste money...

Ahem, I kinda want to find someone to hold all of my cool stuff for a little while, but for free. I don't see why anyone would have to pay for a favor and getting their catalog filled out a little bit.

Anyhow, I'm disenchanted with my town in general, so I really don't know what I'm going to do just yet. I don't want to screw up again! DX

@Effie:
Resetting is always a good, fresh start. If there are any villagers you want to keep, get someone to hold them for you. I had people do that with Fauna and Diana. Sadly, my brother reset my game before I was ready so I lost Beau and others in the process of my recent reset.
However, with those losses came great achievements! I love my town map and name and have almost got all my dreamies. I have started landscaping more, and instead of paths, I'm doing grass. So when a villager moves on it, nothing will be ruined.

I'm going for a cute theme. The grass I've started on is quite bright, but it's effective.

I think with my new town, I have experienced some lovely villagers. With every villager I've lost, comes a lovely new face.

I had Beau move back into my current town yesterday. He moved, without resetting, right next to Fauna, so I'm very happy.

Resetting is great. As long as you don't keep doing it every week, you'll be fine, and discover new amazing things :3

Last edited:
I am actually torn on resetting. My town's layout is super cramped and I really don't feel as if I can do much with it. I mean, I have great villagers in my opinion, and I even have a few dreamies that people are looking for, and I have so many bells at the moment that I'm swimming in, but I won't buy anything so as to not waste money...

Ahem, I kinda want to find someone to hold all of my cool stuff for a little while, but for free. I don't see why anyone would have to pay for a favor and getting their catalog filled out a little bit.

Anyhow, I'm disenchanted with my town in general, so I really don't know what I'm going to do just yet. I don't want to screw up again! DX

How much have you done with your town? Is your layout cramped because of house placements, trees, PWPs, or maybe even rocks? I used to think my first town was very cramped because of where I placed things and how the river was, but once I cut down trees and planted some more, it didn't feel so bad. Unfortunately, rock placement was still an issue, along with several houses, including my own, so I ended up resetting. That was my very first town, and I do regret resetting it a little, but not too much. I would say it depends on how much you've done with your town and what exactly it is that's making you feel like it's cramped. If it's trees and/or PWPs, you can change those quite easily. If you've spent a long time in your town and achieved a lot of things, you should ask yourself if you'd be okay to do those things again. You can save your items and money, but maybe you have a lot of badges and you wouldn't want to earn them all again, so maybe you shouldn't reset. If those kind of things aren't an issue, you should probably reset.

And hey, if you're worried about screwing up if you do reset, look around your town and plan things out. You can always place a custom-design sign or something down to save a spot for a future plan. As long as it's a cheap, destructable PWP, it works just fine. :)

I would be happy to hold onto your items if you do reset. I'm waiting on someone to hold my items before I reset anyway, so I'll be able to hold onto them for a few days no problem. :)

How much have you done with your town? Is your layout cramped because of house placements, trees, PWPs, or maybe even rocks? I used to think my first town was very cramped because of where I placed things and how the river was, but once I cut down trees and planted some more, it didn't feel so bad. Unfortunately, rock placement was still an issue, along with several houses, including my own, so I ended up resetting. That was my very first town, and I do regret resetting it a little, but not too much. I would say it depends on how much you've done with your town and what exactly it is that's making you feel like it's cramped. If it's trees and/or PWPs, you can change those quite easily. If you've spent a long time in your town and achieved a lot of things, you should ask yourself if you'd be okay to do those things again. You can save your items and money, but maybe you have a lot of badges and you wouldn't want to earn them all again, so maybe you shouldn't reset. If those kind of things aren't an issue, you should probably reset.

And hey, if you're worried about screwing up if you do reset, look around your town and plan things out. You can always place a custom-design sign or something down to save a spot for a future plan. As long as it's a cheap, destructable PWP, it works just fine. :)

I would be happy to hold onto your items if you do reset. I'm waiting on someone to hold my items before I reset anyway, so I'll be able to hold onto them for a few days no problem. :)

Oh you're such a sweetie! It's just my town map really that makes it so cramped! I want an open plan, not that I don't love how my house looks or anything, I know it'll be a big pain in my tushie to gain my exteriors back, but I think that my decision will be made tomorrow. I don't really understand the whole... "Holding villagers" thing though... x.x;

Thank you for the offer, I'd love to be able to hold things for people, helps my catalog in the long run 8D

Oh you're such a sweetie! It's just my town map really that makes it so cramped! I want an open plan, not that I don't love how my house looks or anything, I know it'll be a big pain in my tushie to gain my exteriors back, but I think that my decision will be made tomorrow. I don't really understand the whole... "Holding villagers" thing though... x.x;

Thank you for the offer, I'd love to be able to hold things for people, helps my catalog in the long run 8D

Hmm, well your town map is one of the biggest aspects. So if that's really the big problem, it may be wise to reset. If you're up for gaining back what you lose, you can do it. :) It's difficult for me to find the motivation to do a lot of things over again, but I usually just take it slow and get it back to how it was before. :) As for the holding villagers, it's pretty simple! ^^ Basically you just let your villagers move out into someone else's town, then when you get your new town, they let that villager move out into your town. Does that make sense? I hope it does. x3

Haha, sadly it won't really help my catalogue because I have to restart, but I'll hold it for you if you like. :)

I just really want a new town to experience new villagers, and not care so much who moves in etc, and gain some of my dreamies through this town, but i cant possibly delete Azalea, no way
Hmm hopefully i can find one for a good price

Hmm, well your town map is one of the biggest aspects. So if that's really the big problem, it may be wise to reset. If you're up for gaining back what you lose, you can do it. :) It's difficult for me to find the motivation to do a lot of things over again, but I usually just take it slow and get it back to how it was before. :) As for the holding villagers, it's pretty simple! ^^ Basically you just let your villagers move out into someone else's town, then when you get your new town, they let that villager move out into your town. Does that make sense? I hope it does. x3

Haha, sadly it won't really help my catalogue because I have to restart, but I'll hold it for you if you like. :)

Well, my decision will be final tomorrow, so I will contact you then, alright? :3

I reset all the time. If one thing is wrong with my town, I always end up getting convinced that it's worse than it actually is. I'm hoping that I can get out of the loop of resetting so often. ;)

Last edited:
Well, I said farewell to the growing village of mine and hopped aboard the train yet again.

Well, I said farewell to the growing village of mine and hopped aboard the train yet again.
Oh, Swurve.. resetting is so addictive.

let's take it to the chat. hasn't been touched in 3 whole days.

I was a resetting addict. I recently reset but I have a new town.
It was so hard to find a good layout.

Back