• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

I wont be playing the 2nd town until summer, where ill try and make a really cute town with a good layout and plot reset for Marshal etc..
Until then ill be using it as somewhere to selll rare villagers for bells for my main town, but also to giveaway rare villagers :)
Good luck! I hope you'll be pleased with having two copies ! I wanted another one for Christmas and even though I didn't get one, it wasn't much of a deal for me since I didn't need it; I just wanted one to see what it would be like to maybe cycle villagers.
I hope you have fun! ^u^

After about a week of resetting I finally got a layout I like. Only downfall was color of Train station(Brown) / Townhall(Dark Green). I'll re-model to Zen once the projects pop-up.

If those are the only two downfalls, your town must be pretty good! Like you said, you can just remodel it. :) Hopefully this town will be a keeper for you~

Last edited:
I haven't been playing lately and I want a new start, so I was thinking of resetting.
The only thing is, that I have a lot of villagers I really wanted, but I know I can always get them again.
I've played for a while and I like my town, but it's gotten where there is to many things, and I don't have the time to clean it up, or move things around. (There's really a lot of things, like flowers I tried organizing and stuff.) Also, all the projects I've done, aren't in good spots anymore, either.

Perhaps, I should do a raffle for a few giveaways for what I have in my town, and then restart.

I really want to do a restart, but I need opinions.

Also, what happens to the friends list. I have a lot of friends codes, so I don't want them to think I'm someone they never added and such.
Still looking f or a response

Friend codes don't change. If you had someone on your BF chat list then you need to re-add them c:

If I have the downloaded version of New Leaf on my 3DS XL, can I create a second town if I purchase a physical game cartridge? I was always under the impression that game data saved to the 3DS and not to the cartridge.

If I have the downloaded version of New Leaf on my 3DS XL, can I create a second town if I purchase a physical game cartridge? I was always under the impression that game data saved to the 3DS and not to the cartridge.
Cartridge saves to the cartridge, digital saves to SD card. So you can create as many physical towns as you want, depending on how many cartridges you have. So, yes, it's possible :)

I finally decided that I'm going to reset my main town. Being myself, I have a tendency to reset every 1-2 months or so. Not going to ask anybody to hold my bells, because it's not much anyways.

Last edited:
I only reset once, at the very beginning since I realized I messed up on house placement. So I got new map and house, and even two cat villagers which was awesome

I have a problem with resetting where I keep thinking up cool ideas for a "themed" cycle town, but then after a month or two of maintaining the theme I get bored. :/ I'm currently at the stage where I really regret the way I themed my current town but converting it to something else would take too long, and the name wouldn't make sense anymore. It would be less work just to start over, but I also hate that I wasted so much time theming it.

Ugh I don't knowww, so torn.

Last edited:
After thinking about it for a long time (profile ISNT to date anymore)
I decided to reset
After fiddling around with the maps and such, trying a number of times, I finally found a map layout I loved
Beatiful circle grass, my favorite.
But....peaches....ugh..I had wanted cherries...Ah well, those could be planted later
And I liked my eyes! YEY! My old persons looked terrible...But now I was just looking for a good villager...
So...saw the welcoming crew, was not pleased..but the I looked at the map and...
My dream villager was there, I.E. COCO!!!:D
I'm so happy now! I think I can enjoy this town :)! I'll post some pictures later

I decided to reset
After fiddling around with the maps and such, trying a number of times, I finally found a map layout I loved
But....peaches....ugh..I had wanted cherries...Ah well, those could be planted later
And I liked my eyes! YEY! My old persons looked terrible...But now I was just looking for a good villager...
So...saw the welcoming crew, was not pleased..but the I looked at the map and...
I'm so happy now! I think I can enjoy this town :)! I'll post some pictures later

Awesome! I got a town last night with Stitches in it. <33 Mine has pears, which are my least favorite...hopefully I can get some fruit from others (I have peaches from Isabelle) soon and plant those and rid myself of the pears!

I am deciding that I will reset my town,
However, I am debating on whether or not I will give thins away, although I want a completely fresh new start.

Guys I failed the one year challenge xD.

My layout turned out horrible, and I only choose it in the first place because Kiki was in it.
So now I started a new town (did not time travel yet, so yeey ^^ ), let's hope that I'll keep this one for a year :) ..

I've succeeded so far. Sort of. I haven't TTd, I haven't reset. But I have gotten items off people. Lots. I already have club lol :D

Cycling/Selling town of Parfait is being creatrd!
dont care about layout though ive seen some amazing ones!
Found a town of Fauna/Rosie which i shouldnt have deleted and one of Beau/Fang
On the look out for mainly tier ones and some underrated

I decided to reset

Great ! I hope you like your town! ^^

Awesome! I got a town last night with Stitches in it. <33 Mine has pears, which are my least favorite...hopefully I can get some fruit from others (I have peaches from Isabelle) soon and plant those and rid myself of the pears!

And good luck to you too!~

Cycling/Selling town of Parfait is being creatrd!
dont care about layout though ive seen some amazing ones!
Found a town of Fauna/Rosie which i shouldnt have deleted and one of Beau/Fang
On the look out for mainly tier ones and some underrated

Aaaand I hope your cycling town turns out awesome as well! ^u^

Last edited:
I got a good one with Merengue in, but i dont have time to concentrate until the weekend, so ill just start it again then :)

Back