• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use dry shampoo sometimes. It’s easier to use while traveling. I also don’t like how it feels. It’s just more convenient for me. I wash my hair every one or two days. I also wear hats a lot, so my hair isn’t too visible all the time anyway.

Tiktok's problem is that it leaks everywhere so it's hard to ignore it.
Also I hate YouTube shorts. I'm on Youtube and not Tiktok for a reason.
Yeah and that more serious companies use it for cringe clips like.. okay just go away.

Robocalls should've never been a thing in the first place. The idea you have to wait on a call over a robot talking to you is just absurd. Whatever happened to the days of you answering the phone and an actual person is talking to you? Everytime my phone rings its just another robocall. I tried so hard to block the numbers but they just won't stop calling.

Robocalls should've never been a thing in the first place. The idea you have to wait on a call over a robot talking to you is just absurd. Whatever happened to the days of you answering the phone and an actual person is talking to you? Everytime my phone rings its just another robocall. I tried so hard to block the numbers but they just won't keep calling.
I agree. This is why I always press zero when hearing a robot. Pressing the zero, on most occasions, connects you to a human.

Here’s an unpopular opinion that can also be classified as a rant. I absolutely hate those apps where you can scan receipts and earn rewards. They don’t help you. It’s a scam to get you to spend more money. You already have people buying things they don’t need and apps like this don’t help. Take one of the deals at McDonald’s — you can get two quarter pounders for $6. You aren’t hungry for two but you get them because it sounds like a good deal. You’d be better off spending the $4, or whatever it is, for one. You’re just going to throw the other one away or not eat it. It doesn’t make sense to get two if you’re not going to eat two, regardless of how good the deal is.

Those apps are screwed up. First of all, I used to work at a convenience store inside an Airport. All of the coworkers (note: we had about ten workers because it was a very small store) would reprint customer receipts and scan them to get free rewards off someone else’s receipt. I knew it was wrong, but I kept my mouth shut because it’s really none of my business. I just think apps like this brainwash people. I never use these apps. One of the coworkers tried to get me in on the scheme. I want no parts of it.

Last edited:
Here’s an unpopular opinion that can also be classified as a rant. I absolutely hate those apps where you can scan receipts and earn rewards. They don’t help you. It’s a scam to get you to spend more money. You already have people buying things they don’t need and apps like this don’t help. Take one of the deals at McDonald’s — you can get two quarter pounders for $6. You aren’t hungry for two but you get them because it sounds like a good deal. You’d be better if spending the $4, or whatever it is, for one. You’re just going to throw the other one away or not eat it. It doesn’t make sense to get two if you’re not going to eat two, regardless of how good the deal is.

Those apps are screwed up. First of all, I used to work at a convenience store inside an Airport. All of the coworkers (note: we had about ten workers because it was a very small store) would reprint customer receipts and scan them to get free rewards off someone else’s receipt. I knew it was wrong, but I kept my mouth shut because it’s really none of my business. I just think apps like this brainwash people.
Since the Pandemic these type of scams have gotten so much worse.

:) Flat soda is better than fizzy soda...I don't like the carbonation because I just taste less of the drink? Also because it tends to give me hiccups.

Here’s an unpopular opinion that can also be classified as a rant. I absolutely hate those apps where you can scan receipts and earn rewards. They don’t help you. It’s a scam to get you to spend more money. You already have people buying things they don’t need and apps like this don’t help. Take one of the deals at McDonald’s — you can get two quarter pounders for $6. You aren’t hungry for two but you get them because it sounds like a good deal. You’d be better off spending the $4, or whatever it is, for one. You’re just going to throw the other one away or not eat it. It doesn’t make sense to get two if you’re not going to eat two, regardless of how good the deal is.

Those apps are screwed up. First of all, I used to work at a convenience store inside an Airport. All of the coworkers (note: we had about ten workers because it was a very small store) would reprint customer receipts and scan them to get free rewards off someone else’s receipt. I knew it was wrong, but I kept my mouth shut because it’s really none of my business. I just think apps like this brainwash people. I never use these apps. One of the coworkers tried to get me in on the scheme. I want no parts of it.
Agree, just stupid and I don't like self-scanning in any way and hate using it when I'm forced to, and this sounds even worse with scams.
Post automatically merged:

Robocalls should've never been a thing in the first place. The idea you have to wait on a call over a robot talking to you is just absurd. Whatever happened to the days of you answering the phone and an actual person is talking to you? Everytime my phone rings its just another robocall. I tried so hard to block the numbers but they just won't stop calling.
This, I really hate this since I've dealt with unemployment/money agencies and the likes and it's like if you can't afford or care to have a human taking care of stuff maybe you should close down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back