• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I really don't like what youtube has come down to.
So when youtube started hiding dislikes, lots of people got mad, and I can definitely see why. That was a very stupid decision on their end. Like,they know people can hide dislikes and likes on their own and even disable comments if the toxicity doesn't die down. So why is YouTube doing it for you now? What if it's a video that could be helpful, but you don't know because the comments are disabled and so are the dislikes. Honestly, I don't know what youtube has come down to. This all kind of started with that terrible youtube rewind video of 2018, and now, I think I want to go back to that. At least we'd still have dislikes, but we would have to deal with that, which I'll definitely take.

Jar Jar Binks is a better character than Poe Dameron.

I agree with this so much. I had to Google who Poe Dameron even is, so I think that pretty much sums it up. Loooool.

—-

On that note, I find that Kit Fisto is an underappreciated character (not sure how unpopular this is).

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I really don't like what youtube has come down to.
So when youtube started hiding dislikes, lots of people got mad, and I can definitely see why. That was a very stupid decision on their end. Like,they know people can hide dislikes and likes on their own and even disable comments if the toxicity doesn't die down. So why is YouTube doing it for you now? What if it's a video that could be helpful, but you don't know because the comments are disabled and so are the dislikes. Honestly, I don't know what youtube has come down to. This all kind of started with that terrible youtube rewind video of 2018, and now, I think I want to go back to that. At least we'd still have dislikes, but we would have to deal with that, which I'll definitely take.
It's all a bunch of fascism, but people won't recognise it yet, because on the surface it's the whole "positive vibes only" thing that has been touted as a healthy attitude. In some respects it is, like we do need to know when to switch off for our own sake, but every single human has to learn to take criticism like an adult, especially if they put their opinions in public. Otherwise we're literally giving "influencers" way more power than we should, because we're elevating them to a level where their opinions are only allowed to be agreed with and nobody else has a voice. So they get to influence the masses unchallenged and cannot learn and grow from themselves and others in a healthy way, instead only accepting praise. That's frightening, we don't even allow the government to do that in Western countries. Why would we give that level of power to a youtuber who has, in the grand scheme of things, contributed NOTHING of any value to society or indeed the world? When you address the world, you've got to be prepared to hear what the world thinks. Otherwise don't address them.

It's all a bunch of fascism, but people won't recognise it yet, because on the surface it's the whole "positive vibes only" thing that has been touted as a healthy attitude. In some respects it is, like we do need to know when to switch off for our own sake, but every single human has to learn to take criticism like an adult, especially if they put their opinions in public. Otherwise we're literally giving "influencers" way more power than we should, because we're elevating them to a level where their opinions are only allowed to be agreed with and nobody else has a voice. So they get to influence the masses unchallenged and cannot learn and grow from themselves and others in a healthy way, instead only accepting praise. That's frightening, we don't even allow the government to do that in Western countries. Why would we give that level of power to a youtuber who has, in the grand scheme of things, contributed NOTHING of any value to society or indeed the world? When you address the world, you've got to be prepared to hear what the world thinks. Otherwise don't address them.
^^
This 100%

Sadly I think most people already deem them legit, or just aggressive teens on Twitter, and everyone must follow their bandwagon or you're a racist/phobic.

The Amazing Spiderman movies aren't that bad and Tobey Maguires movies have aged so poorly.

Tobeys movies are just so cheesy in every way possible. Maybe that's a product of its time, and maybe some of it was intentional. The romance story in them is absolutely horrific. Peter cannot make up his damn mind and its so frustrating to watch. And the fact that MJ and Peter were together by the end of it makes me so mad as why would anyone still like Peter after being such a dick the whole time. MJ should've given up on him after the first movie lol. Speaking of MJ, she's such a bland character only there for a love story and to be a damsel in distress. Some people have said that this is also a product of its time, but I dont think so. We had definitely moved past the stereotypical helpless female by the early 2000s, especially to the extent that it was portrayed in the movies. The plot also makes no sense in some parts of the movies.

TAS was on the opposite spectrum and got rid of all the goofiness, which I believe they could've left some of it in. But at least it had good action/special effects, an okay love story and a decent plot line (for the most part). I liked the gritty realism of it, rather than the goofy nonsense.

Raffle tickets deserve to become permanent collectibles. They come in so may colors and they give me the movie theater vibes!
I know right, they've had so many nice ones throughout the years!

Also as I rewatched most of The Godfather the other day... It's definitely goo but not that good imo.

Jar Jar Binks is a better character than Poe Dameron.

The only thing that the Disney trilogy did right was make the prequels better. Sure the prequels had its problems, but one can't deny the glorious memes that came out of it. I also can't forgive Disney for not putting Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie in a scene together. They had one job and they couldn't do that. The only thing that could make the Disney trilogy good is they retcon Palpatine to be Darth Jar Jar. Jar Jar would've been a great Sith lord.

I don't like half or 3/4 sleeves on shirts. T-shirt ones are okay but otherwise I want full sleeves, I have thin long stick monkey arms and most of the half-3/4 sleeves look very weird on me. I'd rather go 1-2 sizer larger just to get proper arm lengths.

I don't like half or 3/4 sleeves on shirts. T-shirt ones are okay but otherwise I want full sleeves, I have thin long stick monkey arms and most of the half-3/4 sleeves look very weird on me. I'd rather go 1-2 sizer larger just to get proper arm lengths.
I can understand this sentiment, but I find 1/2 and 3/4 sleeves critical to my existence lol. I change shirts literally like 5 times a day because I get too hot or too cold and I hate layering in the house, there just should be no need to do that. I find those sleeve lengths cut down my need to change shirts by like, 2 or 3 shirts. I'm actually about to go put a thinner 3/4 sleeve shirt on right now because I'm too hot in my long sleeve shirt, but I'll be too cold in a tshirt. 😆 I do try pulling my sleeves up before changing it, but sometimes I just can't tolerate the "bunched sleeve" feeling.

I’ve never actually worn anything other than short sleeves or long sleeves. I don’t like the 3/4 sleeves either. I like having sleeved rolled up on long sleeves just because it looks nice, lol. I only wear, like, two colors anyway, being blue or black. Those are easy to work with. I just don’t like the look of 3/4 sleeves or half sleeves. I also think if I were to wear them, it would just feel weird on my arms. I’d have fabric there I wasn’t used to having and that’s a no from me.

I can understand this sentiment, but I find 1/2 and 3/4 sleeves critical to my existence lol. I change shirts literally like 5 times a day because I get too hot or too cold and I hate layering in the house, there just should be no need to do that. I find those sleeve lengths cut down my need to change shirts by like, 2 or 3 shirts. I'm actually about to go put a thinner 3/4 sleeve shirt on right now because I'm too hot in my long sleeve shirt, but I'll be too cold in a tshirt. 😆 I do try pulling my sleeves up before changing it, but sometimes I just can't tolerate the "bunched sleeve" feeling.
Yeah fair beans, I totally get your point.

I mostly layer with long sleeves and tshirt/tank tops cause I mostly freeze rather than feel warm so yeah :3

What I really don't understand are thick sweaters with 3/4 sleeves. I never buy them for myself but I've been gifted several really nice sweaters that I simply can't wear because the sleeves are too short and it's really disappointing. If it's cold enough that I need to wear a sweater, then I need long sleeves too.

What I really don't understand are thick sweaters with 3/4 sleeves. I never buy them for myself but I've been gifted several really nice sweaters that I simply can't wear because the sleeves are too short and it's really disappointing. If it's cold enough that I need to wear a sweater, then I need long sleeves too.
yeah I had a black one like that before and yeah aside from eh quality I didn't use it much because of that. I don't get if it's some new standard or just fashion but yeah if I wanna layer/wear sweaters I want stuff with full long sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back