• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Villager Thread

Those 'new species' are just basically little add-ons to existing species. There is only so much you can do with changing colors of species before it gets boring.
They will most likely be categorized within an existing species, is there even a guide-book out? It would show all the residents.

I haven't seen an official guide yet, but I'm sure they'll probably release one. They did for the other AC games.

LOOK AT THIS NEW WOLF :O
2rzugx1.png
2ebd5xl.png

Last edited:
If a villager looks like a different species I'll consider it as a different species.

I just feel that looking into what it's model is based on is really neither here nor there. Take it at face value.

For example it just seems silly to me to look at a Mammoth and then call it an elephant just because it uses the elephant model. It's still a mammoth. If they wanted you to consider it as an elephant they wouldn't have made it look like a mammoth. :p

Last edited:
You do realize that elephants have tusks as well don't you?

Not the elephant villagers in Animal Crossing, they've all been tuskless until now.

Why start giving new ones tusks now? Not just that but isn't the mammoth the only new elephant we've seen with tusks?

I still think it's illogical and vague to just call it an elephant. At a stretch you could put it as a sub-species of Elephant but it's still a Mammoth.

I probably used a bad example, a better example would be the Ostrich and Flamingo.

Last edited:
I'll of course acknowledge the animals that are supposed to be different animals as such. However, I will also acknowledge that they're using the model of a certain species.

The mammoth is a mammoth using the elephant body model. The flamingo is a flamingo, using the body model of the ostriches. I've also seen a peacock using the ostrich body model. I've seen male deer with two different horn models: antlers and horns for gazelle-like animals. Heck Anabelle isn't actually an anteater. Her tail isn't using the 'feathery' model, so she's basically just an armadillo using the anteater body model.

I believe it's sub species using the animal models. Savannah is a zebra but she has the horse body model. That alligator that everyone calls dragon, is suppose to resemble a frilled lizard, as stated by Officer Berri, but since there is no lizard species, they used an alligator. I personally think it's awesome. And I never noticed that about Anabelle XD

why don't they use the frillard-model if they want frilled lizard villagers.. that alligator-frilled lizard villager doesn't resemble a frilled lizard for me...
(the same goes with pave and peacock-villagers but the ostrichmodel peacock does look like a peacock..)

They probably want the NPC characters to have special models only they will use? I dunno.. I'd say Blanca and Rover break this rule, but Rover's model doesn't have the same clothing and Blanca... well Blanca's just special. >>;

Can I just say I am so impressed by the variety of new villagers that have been added in the is game? Nintendo really outdid themselves this time. Seriously, there are so many cool villagers. Please let me get a deer!

Can I just say I am so impressed by the variety of new villagers that have been added in the is game? Nintendo really outdid themselves this time. Seriously, there are so many cool villagers. Please let me get a deer!

Yeah <3
I'll probably reset until I have one of the new deer or hamster villagers : p

Back