Tomodachi Life General Discussion

Question about time traveling:

I've had the game for a few weeks o.o but haven't been able to start playing cuz of ACNL issues. I finally got my ACNL town how I want it and I keep reading everywhere that you can't TT in Tomodachi. Fine, I don't need to TT in Tomodachi, but I do in ACNL.

So here's the problems:

1. In ACNL, I'm in May. Can I start Tomodachi in May? Or does it HAVE to be present date (for dlc etc.)
2. When I switch carts, to play Tomodachi, then back to ACNL, I need to change the time/date back so I don't mess up my ACNL town. Will this mess up Tomodachi shops?

Anyone playing both games still? How do you go back and forth between them? :c

Question about time traveling:

I've had the game for a few weeks o.o but haven't been able to start playing cuz of ACNL issues. I finally got my ACNL town how I want it and I keep reading everywhere that you can't TT in Tomodachi. Fine, I don't need to TT in Tomodachi, but I do in ACNL.

So here's the problems:

1. In ACNL, I'm in May. Can I start Tomodachi in May? Or does it HAVE to be present date (for dlc etc.)
2. When I switch carts, to play Tomodachi, then back to ACNL, I need to change the time/date back so I don't mess up my ACNL town. Will this mess up Tomodachi shops?

Anyone playing both games still? How do you go back and forth between them? :c
I'm myself really curious about this. However I have both my main ac copy and tl downloaded so I'm pretty much frick'd when it comes to changing dates on the 3DS clock. All I can say is that at the beginning of tl you choose the date and time so you can have it different from the 3DS clock

- - - Post Merge - - -

Raiden and Rosalina just had a baby. Is there any way to change the babys name later? I really wanted a name beginning with R but then forgot when naming her.. Now shes just Paige

I'm myself really curious about this. However I have both my main ac copy and tl downloaded so I'm pretty much frick'd when it comes to changing dates on the 3DS clock. All I can say is that at the beginning of tl you choose the date and time so you can have it different from the 3DS clock

A lot of of my ACNL bff's are playing TL only it seems and they haven't come back to ACNL. I wonder if the reason for that is that they're afraid to go back and forth between the games. :/ The different time/dates would get kinda confusing I assume....

I believe as long as you change the date when the cartridge isn't in (So if you have a downloadable copy, you're stuck)

You actually CAN change the date ingame in Tomodachi Life and you can start it whatever date you want. The thing is no stores will restock for 24 hours from the last time you changed the date. That's it. Miis will still have problems and do things--just no store restocks and no money from the fountain for 24 hours since the last time/date change.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed in this game. It seems like one of those games that Nintendo just threw together to give to the public. Whilst it's fun for the first week, it becomes super dry and boring afterwards. After some time, all you can do is go talk to your islanders and play mini-games. Also, the quirky personalities and dialogue become arid as time passes. What are your thoughts on the matter?

I believe as long as you change the date when the cartridge isn't in (So if you have a downloadable copy, you're stuck)

You actually CAN change the date ingame in Tomodachi Life and you can start it whatever date you want. The thing is no stores will restock for 24 hours from the last time you changed the date. That's it. Miis will still have problems and do things--just no store restocks and no money from the fountain for 24 hours since the last time/date change.

Hmm...I was worried about that. I guess I'll just have to play around with it and see how I can get around that. :/

I have to say that I'm very disappointed in this game. It seems like one of those games that Nintendo just threw together to give to the public. Whilst it's fun for the first week, it becomes super dry and boring afterwards. After some time, all you can do is go talk to your islanders and play mini-games. Also, the quirky personalities and dialogue become arid as time passes. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Well, this is just a translation of the second game in Japan--a lot of the fun is just watching what crazy things your Miis do. That said, I don't think it's for everyone.

If you've ever played the Sims--if you're the time of person who constantly directs your Sims versus watching them, the game is probably not as much for you.

I tend to do a mix, so I enjoy the game even if it's a bit frustrating at times.

Raiden and Rosalina just had a baby. Is there any way to change the babys name later? I really wanted a name beginning with R but then forgot when naming her.. Now shes just Paige

You will be able to change it! When the child is grown-up and ready to leave home (you will get a cell phone call for this) you will be able to customize the child to your liking, including changing the name!

IskjT25.jpg

I'm getting really bored of this game, how do I make it fun again

You will be able to change it! When the child is grown-up and ready to leave home (you will get a cell phone call for this) you will be able to customize the child to your liking, including changing the name!

Yes! I renamed my daughter from Sophia to Ellie and changed her hairsytle because the one she was given was a bowl cut :(

can't you just use an age-o-matic thing on yo child or nah ??

No you can't use any item on children until they are "old enough to live on their own", in other words, not until they live in their own apartment.

Last edited:
I'm just pumped that I finally saw a Tomodachi Life advertisement on T.V in Australia's radio waves~
And who better to advertise it than the 2013 winner of X-factor, Dami Im. She has such a cute Mii and naww~

Here's some interesting developments in my town... Or rather, Mii News.

Tina the Kindergartener.jpg
That face is just so cute!

Uzuri the Threadmill.jpg
I honestly thought it was gonna be someone running on a flattened Mii. Boy, I was wrong.

Back