Tomodachi Life General Discussion

These darn virtual babies are making me wish I were a Dad.. ಠ_ಠ But I'm not even so much as in a relationship right now.

I wanted a baby badly, and now that I have one I want to strangle it so I won't have to do the minigames.

Miku and Len finally got together after 6392682 years

Last edited:
I wanted a baby badly, and now that I have one I want to strangle it so I won't have to do the minigames.

Miku and Len finally got together after 6392682 years

I like the one I usually get - the one where you can either pet the babies head, boop it's nose or play peekaboo. :p The rocking one was frustrating.. But my Dad miraculously made the baby stop crying.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*cries*
Time to save up money..
Is it on the e-shop?

Yep! That's how I bought mine. :) It's about $40.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh - has anyone else actually messed with the lyrics to any of the songs you can give your residents?

I've only messed with two so far, because I'm not very creative.. But anyway, here's the first one's lyrics, set to the Techno beat (I made it the same night I got the game, and as I'm sure you can tell, I was frustrated with my residents all being asleep):
WAKE UP WAKE UP
You need to wake up, it's already daylight
I spent 40 bucks on this game, you know
and you're all sleeping
I'm really serious, you guys
WAKE UP
I'm telling you all to WAKE UP
I can't take it anymore
WAKE UP
it's 6 in the morning
You know what? Nevermind. I give up.​
Admittedly, it doesn't fit very well.. But then again, I wasn't trying to make it fit. :p I was just venting.

The next song is even less original, and is set with the "Musical" beat:

a b c d
e f g
h i j k
l m n o p
q r s
t u v
w, x
y and z
now I've sung my a b c's
next time won't you sing with me?​
It's stupid, but kind of cute at the same time. xD Especially if you have a bunch of kid residents to sing it, because they're moving/dancing like professional broadway singers/dancers, but they're singing the a b c's.

Oh - has anyone else actually messed with the lyrics to any of the songs you can give your residents?

I've done it with two songs so far. One is a ballad sung by Tobias Funke (from Arrested Development) singing about being rejected for a role in a commercial: Video here.

The other is a metal song sung by Inigo Montoya (from The Princess Bride), singing about revenge (naturally): Video here.

I plan on doing more; writing lyrics for songs is perhaps my favorite part of the game. It lets you be creative. :)

I've done it with two songs so far. One is a ballad sung by Tobias Funke (from Arrested Development) singing about being rejected for a role in a commercial: Video here.

The other is a metal song sung by Inigo Montoya (from The Princess Bride), singing about revenge (naturally): Video here.

I plan on doing more; writing lyrics for songs is perhaps my favorite part of the game. It lets you be creative. :)

OMG, so funny! Great job. Arrested Development is my favourite show, and Tobius is my fav character, so I really enjoyed that video :D I've been re-watching series 4 this week and find myself humming the Fantastic Four songs... "I'm gonna stomp all over your face!" and "Fantastic one! Fantastic two! Fantastic three! Fantastic FOUR!" lol. When I get some more time I might have to make some Fantastic Four Mii's and have them sing that ^_^

My Tomodachi Island is full of X-Men, and some other Marvel universe characters (It's actually called Marvel Island). I have 44 Mii's at the mo. Today, Polaris and Wolverine had their first child, a rather ugly boy that they named James. Tomorrow, Psylocke and Colossus' daughter, Eliza, will grow up and join the island and get her own mutant powers!

WAKE UP WAKE UP
You need to wake up, it's already daylight
I spent 40 bucks on this game, you know
and you're all sleeping
I'm really serious, you guys
WAKE UP
I'm telling you all to WAKE UP
I can't take it anymore
WAKE UP
it's 6 in the morning
You know what? Nevermind. I give up.​

This is wonderfully true.

Nearly 90% of Miis going to bed as soon as it hits 9PM is definitely frustrating. And then most won't wake up until around 9AM-ish on average.

I will always love playing around in the concert hall. The Ballad is still my favorite.

Back