• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town Law Info

Beautiful Town for me! I wonder, if they don't wilt, do you even HAVE to water them? Surely they wilt at some point--that just seems too easy. LOL Sounds great, though, either way, to have villagers help water and plant :) I've always loved flowers on AC. The flower path idea is a good idea!

When I heard "Time travelling does not effect the towns environment." I instantly thought of going with beautiful town instead of my original choice of Town that never sleeps. But since I won't time travel...eh I'll go with the insomniacs instead.

Beautiful Town or Town That Never Sleeps for me. I don't time travel, but I always have troubles with getting myself to water all the flowers lol. I also go to bed late every day.

I think I will choose a morning town, that way I can play before work, and it will make getting out of bed easier, lol.

ooo, I might actually change to that at some point so I can motivate myself to wake up early haha.

Do the medals that you receive in island games really go up? I play with my boyfriend all the time (he has a rich town, I have a beautiful town) and we always get the same amount of medals. Can I get a source on that?

Beautiful Town for me! I wonder, if they don't wilt, do you even HAVE to water them? Surely they wilt at some point--that just seems too easy. LOL Sounds great, though, either way, to have villagers help water and plant :) I've always loved flowers on AC. The flower path idea is a good idea!

You basically never have to water them. If you want special colors or for them to multiply, you'll have to though. I've had the beautiful town law since the beginning and I've had maybe 3 weeds and zero flowers have wilted on me.

Do the medals that you receive in island games really go up? I play with my boyfriend all the time (he has a rich town, I have a beautiful town) and we always get the same amount of medals. Can I get a source on that?

Yeah I've been noticing that in your videos too.
I'm beginning to think it's wrong but i donno

I am guessing that due to the workings of the beautiful town that in theory, it would be easier to get a perfect town? Also, I heard that projects add to town status.

I'm a source! :) They do not go up. The island is unaffected by town laws.

I knew I answered a question about town laws before! Here's what they actually do:

Beautiful Town
- No cockroaches
- No trash in the river/ocean
- Harder to grow weeds (not impossible)
- Flowers do not wither

Morning Town
- Shops open earlier
-- what time is dependent on the shop
- Villagers wake up earlier
-- what time depends on villagers' personality

Town that Never sleeps
- Shops stay open later
-- what time depends on shop
- Villagers stay up later
-- what time depends on villagers' personality

Rich town
- Sell and Buy price go up by 20%
-- Turnips unaffected by this
- Recycle shop will always have at least 2 items on demand
- Easier to grow Money trees (with golden shovel)

Last edited:
Recycle shop will always have at least 2 items on demand

what does that mean?

Recycle shop will always have at least 2 items on demand

what does that mean?

The recycle shop usually asks for something they would like to buy everyday. They list it on their sign. :) It usually ranges from one to six things (maybe more) everyday, but with a rich town, they will always request at least 2 things.

Requested items are paid at double the regular price they would buy it for (so 50% of the original price of the item).

My favorite is when they ask for a common fish or furniture. :)

I think I'm going to go with 'Town that never sleeps' since I have to go to school, and don't want to timetravel. But if I choose this, does it also effect how early the shops open? Or is that just the same as it would be?

How often can you change these regulations, I didn't see anything on limitations, or are there none to be found?

I think I'm going to go with 'Town that never sleeps' since I have to go to school, and don't want to timetravel. But if I choose this, does it also effect how early the shops open? Or is that just the same as it would be?

Shops will open at regular hours and close wayyyyy later :)

Beautiful town FOR SURE for me :) The others do not interest me in the slightest! I can't believe flowers won't wither!!!! That is the most exciting news I have heard all day!

I think i'll start off with beautiful town to get a perfect village quicker and start making my house nicer, but most of the time it will be rich village so that I can earn a lot of money because i'll probably sell stuff a lot more than I buy.

Beautiful town FOR SURE for me :) The others do not interest me in the slightest! I can't believe flowers won't wither!!!! That is the most exciting news I have heard all day!

Reduces the chance, don't think its 100% bulletproof.

Also, 7,595,800 bells to fully upgrade your house. Loans are not influenced by rich town.
assuming you make 150k an hour farming on the island after 6/7pm, thats 50.6 hours of farming at night to do.
Your 150k becomes 180k making it 42.2 hours of farming.
Community projects are not affected either, some of which are up around 700k.

I'm glad I did this first before filling my town up with flowers.

Last edited:
Back