• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Various users having the same "Popular" Villagers, Doesn't it get boring at all?

...Yeeeah...

How about we just let people like the villagers they... like and leave it alone?
So, Marshal, Lolly and Julian (etc etc) are popular and on many dreamie lists. That's because many players like them. So? Where's the problem? Why should these people not get their favourite villagers... just because they're popular? Because a lot of people want to have them, as well? Lol... it's your game. Your villagers. Your Julian, Marshal, Lolly, blah... and other players have their Julians, Marshals and so on.

Because eventually those who completed their 'Dreamies' have the probability to look down on any players who doesn't have or need those what you called 'popular villagers'. Don't tell me you never met that kind of player. It's not just about ACNL, it's about gaming in general. You know, feeling of "Elitism".

Don't get me wrong, i'm not opposed of having dreamies. I used to play like that too but i changed my gaming way since i already know that once i collected them all, i've just lost 1 reason to play ACNL.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, if I somehow landed myself with a marshal or julian, unless a friend wants them, I'm totally going to capitalize on it :'). I think the main reason why these two are popular is because there aren't too many smug characters, and they generally look slightly below the ~*kawaii*~sparkles bar.

Not sure what that had to do with what I said, but yes that sucks if people lord their villagers over others. Especially when a lot of people can't afford villagers like Marshal or Julian, and other people are jerks about having bells. But I agree about the crazy amounts people pay for some villagers. If I have the bells to buy a villager I want, even if it is a few million, it's worth it to me because I can make more bells easily, but I'll have that villager that I wanted in my town forever. But when you get up to tens or hundreds of millions of bells, it's slightly excessive.

Not gonna lie, if I somehow landed myself with a marshal or julian, unless a friend wants them, I'm totally going to capitalize on it :'). I think the main reason why these two are popular is because there aren't too many smug characters, and they generally look slightly below the ~*kawaii*~sparkles bar.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Smugs.
That's why I have Henry and Jacques :B

Last edited:
I don't understand the point of tracking down certain "dream villagers" anyway. Am I the only one? I don't plan on keeping any of my villagers in my town indefinitely. If they want to move on, I'll totally let them. Now there are of course the ones I build a strong bond with that I know I'll end up wanting a villager picture from (though the only villager pictures I've gotten so far have been from villagers I've let move out, so therein lies a dilemma), but I know I'll see them tell me someday that they want to move out and there will be a day when I even let them go. That's just like real life - sometimes you should just let the ones you love go. I feel like a lot of people use Animal Crossing as a sort of coping mechanism. They think "just because there are things I have to see change in real life that I never wanted to change, doesn't mean my game has to be like that!" It's kind of a sad way of thinking, to me. I would rather see my villagers be happy, no matter what.

Some of my favorite villagers have become my favorite because they moved in randomly. And my 2 dream villagers don't seem to be very high on the popularity list.
My favorite things about going to dream towns are seeing the really pretty towns people have created and see villagers I've never had in my town. But recently, everyone seems to have the same villagers. I feel like I've talked to Rosie, Marshal, Julian, Wolfgang, and Whitney so many times just visiting multiple dream towns. It's not that they're bad villagers at all, I just like having villagers that I don't really know and some people don't really give a chance to.

And I know in my signature I have Stitches and Fang, who are pretty popular, but Stitches moved in randomly when I first started my town and I did ask Fang to move in because Fang is the name of my favorite character in my favorite book series. And someone was willing to give me Fang if I gave them Marshal, so that was good :)

I keep seeing the prices of those villagers mentioned here.
Unfortunately, there are those that do dupe bells and I believe that has something to do with how high some of the villager prices are. Most don't have that many bells to throw at a villager they want, but the dupers do and that drives up prices when they compete with each other. The fact that there are people that are willing to pay that many bells for those villagers, also sets an expectation for those who are selling said villagers on how much they can expect to make, which also helps to keep the prices very high.

It would be interesting to see if the prices would drop significantly if a patch were to come out and fix the duping glitch. Less people would be able to afford the prices.

I don't understand duping. Is it the bells they are duping? Or are they duping really expensive items and then selling them to retail or to people online who don't know about duping? I didn't think duping would affect the trading with people online so much, but it apparently is. :eek:

I don't understand the point of tracking down certain "dream villagers" anyway. Am I the only one? I don't plan on keeping any of my villagers in my town indefinitely. If they want to move on, I'll totally let them. Now there are of course the ones I build a strong bond with that I know I'll end up wanting a villager picture from (though the only villager pictures I've gotten so far have been from villagers I've let move out, so therein lies a dilemma), but I know I'll see them tell me someday that they want to move out and there will be a day when I even let them go. That's just like real life - sometimes you should just let the ones you love go. I feel like a lot of people use Animal Crossing as a sort of coping mechanism. They think "just because there are things I have to see change in real life that I never wanted to change, doesn't mean my game has to be like that!" It's kind of a sad way of thinking, to me. I would rather see my villagers be happy, no matter what.

No, you are not the only one. C:
I also feel that dilemma whenever my villager wants to leave. But i'll never let them go if they haven't given me their pictures yet...(Ssshhh! Don't tell my Mitzi about it...)

Then again, you can't force your gaming way to them as they can't do the same to you. Also, we're talking about 'majority of ACNL players' here... (Ssshhh! Be very careful, some of them are very sensitive about this!)

Last edited:
I don't understand duping. Is it the bells they are duping? Or are they duping really expensive items and then selling them to retail or to people online who don't know about duping? I didn't think duping would affect the trading with people online so much, but it apparently is. :eek:

Both. They can dupe bells and items.

Because, those kind of players love instant noodles result.
They don't want to make noodles from scratch work on things, so they cook instant noodles abuse that trick instead. :p

Last edited:
Because eventually those who completed their 'Dreamies' have the probability to look down on any players who doesn't have or need those what you called 'popular villagers'. Don't tell me you never met that kind of player. It's not just about ACNL, it's about gaming in general. You know, feeling of "Elitism".

Don't get me wrong, i'm not opposed of having dreamies. I used to play like that too but i changed my gaming way since i already know that once i collected them all, i just lost 1 reason to play ACNL.

Maybe I'm naive, but I didn't even know people like that exist... in the AC community at least. I can't imagine what goes wrong in the head of a person who feels better because he/she has certain villagers... in Animal Crossing. Where every villager has the exact same value, they just look different.
I can totally see where you're coming from if you connect players like that with people hunting for their dreamies.
But this whole discussion does still feel very odd to me... why do we even have to talk about this?
Why can't people just enjoy their game and let other people enjoy it, too... without having to belittle other gamers for how they play? That goes for both sides...

Last edited:
Maybe I'm naive, but I didn't even know people like that exist... in the AC community at least. I can't imagine what goes wrong in the head of a person who feels better because he/she has certain villagers.
I can totally see where you're coming from if you connect players like that with people hunting for their dreamies.
But this whole discussion does still feel very odd to me... why do we even have to talk about this?
Why can't people just enjoy their game and let other people enjoy it, too... without having to belittle other gamers for how they play? That goes for both sides...

Because jealousy is part of human's nature. C:
And, it's also to get post counts... :p

Last edited:
I don't really even pay attention to who is popular or who the "dreamies" are...I like what I like and I like random villagers popping up. If I have one in my town that I really love I try not to let them move. If one shows up in my campsite and I like them I beg them to move in...I like when I get new villagers and would love to cycle through them all at some point.

It is nice to make tons of bells selling a villager I suppose, but I just gave stitches away in a trade that I may never even receive and could have gotten a ton of bells for him...who knew?!

I did just sell Hamphrey, I was unhappy he left and didn't expect to get much for him and I am very glad he went to someone who desperately wanted him...and I made some bells, it works for me.

In the future I will post who is in boxes and take the best offer...but not trying to break anyones bank either. If they are willing to pay crazy amounts of bells for a villager I have, I am not going to refuse LOL

I try not to even read the million dreamie threads, resetting threads, etc etc. If the game ever got that serious for me where I am having a bad day because so and so put their house in a bad spot I think I would quit completely. I guess it must be nice when that is the only trouble in your world :)

It's kinda of boring because people have villagers you want which aren't popular but they won't trade unless for someone popular.
I admit I have merengue and Erik on my wish list (I doubt I get them though)

Because jealousy is part of human's nature. C:
And, it's also to get post counts... :p

I agree on the post counts thing. I don't understand why people feel the need to post a new thread every time a villager moves in, although it has thinned out a bit now most people have got past the initial move in phase.

I wouldn't say having the same villagers as other people makes the game boring. It's more the ones that are going to have the same ones forever. I got bored having two peppy villagers (well, three but I ignored one, then another moved in after one moved out) because they said the exact same things most of the time. I've been more likely to play for longer in the last couple of weeks now I've had Derwin and Cesar move in.

I have Marshal and Lolly.
Both randomly moved to my town.
I'm proud to have both. Why? Because I don't visit many towns. And the ones I do visit, which is close friends, don't have all these popular villagers, except 1 friend who has marshal but he was a random move in as well.

Punchy takes precedence over any dreamy since he's been my best friend villager since the GameCube days.
No matter if he's popular or not, he will always be my #1

Do I care that others have the same villagers? Nope. It doesn't affect me or my gameplay so why should I care

I have "dreamies", but it's just villagers I really enjoy, I'm not out looking to buy them. :) But if they show up in my town I'm most certainly never ever letting them leave! Muahahahaha! I think sometimes people want certain villagers because they ARE popular, but I've always gone against the flow when it comes to stuff like that. :p That being said, Bob is a major dreamie of mine, but only because I loved him in my other games :) It is weird to go to another town and see the same villager, though. My friend has Joey in her town, too, and I'm like "Joey!! It's ME! Don't you recognize me any more???" LOL

My opinion.. I can choose to have whatever villagers I want. It doesn't bother me that someone would like to have the same villager.
I go based off ones I like. I took the time to look at all the villagers. Of course, I like more than just 10 but, I had to choose.
I also went off their personalities.
Why sacrifice my likes just because of what other people think? I don't mean to sound rude but, I can really care less.

We are all individuals. If someone cares enough to buy a villager for millions, they have a right to. It's obviously not something you're into so.. I guess ranting is a sort of outlet. Can't expect it to change anything though. (●?ω`●)ゞ

Back