• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Various users having the same "Popular" Villagers, Doesn't it get boring at all?

i once saw somebody asking 150mil for a villager. i saw another person bid 120mil for another. yeh u see sum things

That?s crazy, I always give my villagers away when they move, also the people who offer that much most likely cheated to get the money anyways, there?s no way you?re gonna win an auction against them. ._.

Hi-five! .. Joey was the first friend I ever made, in my first ever town in WW, my first ever AC game :p .. He holds a ton of nostalgia for me, the cute duck :p .. He's been pushed back in NL with some other villagers being my favourites, such as Sydney and Eugene.. But he will always hold a special place in my heart <3

Same with me and Bob :D We're buds! My friend has him in her town and I visit every chance I get. LOL

I have no interest in hunting for 'dreamies'. I'd much rather wait and see who moves into my town naturally. Because that's how I personally believe the game is supposed to be played. This buying and selling of villagers has changed the entire view of villagers in the fandom in my eyes. It's went from "oh look who's moved into this person's town" and more "look who this guy's bought to have!". Yeah, yeah "It's just a game! They're not real!" I immerse myself in every game I play. I treat the characters as if they were real. It helps me with my writing and things to be able to do that. It's how I choose to play.

Personally, I wish they hadn't allowed people to go to other towns and ask moving villagers to move into their towns. It's changed the feel of the game. I was reeling when I came back from a two month hiatus to find out most of the threads about villagers anymore are "how much can I sell this villager for?" or "villager for sale!" for someone who immerses them self into the game, it's creepy and a lot like human trafficking. "Blah blah they're not humans." So what? In the universe of Animal Crossing, animals and Humans are about as different as one race of human is to another in the real world.

I find it weird that I didn't see anything about selling villagers until after the game came out in other countries. |8

@ Officer Berri;
You said so yourself in your post that its how you choose to play. Well for a lot of people, having the villagers they like/that are special to them is how they choose to play. It's a game, like you said, and comparing villager trading to human trafficking is kind of disgusting in my eyes. It seems like people who make that comparison are minimizing how terrible human trafficking is by comparing it to selling or trading a villager to someone who wants that villager and will take good care of them in their town.

I like how you can get villagers from other towns. It makes them seem more real, as though they have a past :) it's definitely not like human trafficking...

I like how you can get villagers from other towns. It makes them seem more real, as though they have a past :) it's definitely not like human trafficking...

I like it as well. ^-^ I find it so cute when one of my villagers from another town sings their old town tune or shows me an old letter, or wonders about how everyone in their old town is.

Stitches is popular??? hell, I could make a killing lol!
I'm one of the folk who just likes to see who moves in naturally. and if I don't like 'em, they can move right on out (I'm looking at you, Biskit.) only once have I tried to persuade someone to move in (Chrissy) from the campsite. if someone wants one of my villagers, hell they can have 'em cuz I'm interested to see who comes next. Its a fun surprise.
...a fun surprise that is so far resulting in a frog town. How did I get so many frogs??

You can't help which villagers are your favorites. If you force yourself to have some villagers as favorites it's definitely not fun. And I have visited very few towns with "popular" villagers. Most have random villagers that appear in lots of towns, but aren't popular.

I didn't even know Molly was so popular before reading the starting post xD That said, I haven't visited so many towns yet. She was one of the starting villagers in my town and as it happens, I'd like to keep her :T
I'm not fuzzy about my villagers, there are some that I like and some I don't like so much. So far not many have moved in or out and I'm in no hurry.

Last edited:
I like it as well. ^-^ I find it so cute when one of my villagers from another town sings their old town tune or shows me an old letter, or wonders about how everyone in their old town is.

This. Every time Rosie or Bam sings the town tune from their old villages it makes me smile :3

You can't help which villagers are your favorites. If you force yourself to have some villagers as favorites it's definitely not fun. And I have visited very few towns with "popular" villagers. Most have random villagers that appear in lots of towns, but aren't popular.

Maybe you do it that way, but I've seen quite a few threads with people doing polls on which villager should be their dreamie - therefore choosing the most popular one.

Well I've got Ankha, Marshal, Lolly, Zucker, Merengue, Fauna and soon Stitches in my town.

I guess my taste just isn't unique. I'm not sure if I like them so much because of the pride factor, but I know I mostly like them for their looks.

*looks at my villagers*
Now I look like I'm just a person who chose popular villagers ~_~ Even though I love all my villagers to bits <33

Watching this thread has made me very glad that I don't get all into the whole "dreamie" thing. I love all of the villagers for their unique aspects. I recently had an incident where Kevin got pushed (by me, of course) into a pitfall and he was yelling that his "butt was stuck and he couldn't get out!" I just about fell over when he said that. Of course, since I already have his picture, the next time he tells me he is considering moving, he will be gone, along with Cheri and Sylvia. Right now, I have nine in my village with Nate on his way out. I would usually let the next one in my campsite move in, but I am looking for a cranky right now, so I haven't had one yet.

i didn't even know fauna was popular until i came to these forums xD

as for rosie; i quite like her
she's adorable, my favorite color, and my favorite flower is her name

it's a bit of a shame she's so popular, but i understand why

Eh, it doesn't bother me. I've loved most of these villagers for nearly 7 to 9 years. This is the first game I've had a chance of having my favorites, and I'm not going to change my taste just because they're popular.

Back