• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Version 1.11 Update: Fireworks update for ACNH coming July 29

but when they say more updates for later of the year in development, do they mean the holiday updates with new items in development?? i hope not 🥲
It means they’re furiously trying to code the OLED switch into the game in time for Christmas 🤣 all jokes aside, I hope they’re implying a bigger update before the end of the year… Brewster maybe?
Please Nintendo.
Post automatically merged:

It’s the eggplant cow and cucumber horse from new leaf 😂
I didn’t know how much I needed these in my life until now.

Is she drinking boba !!!
1BCBAA70-BF10-4ED1-88F9-0C22F458CFF7.jpeg

Sees ver1.11 instead of ver2.0. Dies inside.

Awesome, more items to collect for my storage. Thank you Nintendo for expanding my seasonal item collection.

In all seriousness though, it's interesting that the seasonal items stop at September 21 and not until the end of the month. Here's hoping that they will be dropping something substantial before Halloween.

I'm far more interested in what the datamine could possibly contain. CoCa and TaDr is apparently cotton candy and tapioca drink. I'm curious if some of the other handheld items from the datamine were also included.

Last edited:
I am wondering how long this update will last.I did notice the disclaimer at the bottom saying new things are coming.

Sadly, it didn't say new things are coming, but more updates are. This really means nothing considering we're getting 2021 updates for Halloween, Turkey Day, and Toy Day.

Could be wonky translation, but it says "you can continue to enjoy seasonal events after the free update (Ver.1.11.0)" Does this mean Firework Show will be permanently in the game for past and future years?

Edit:
Hmm
* After "Ver.1.11.0", you cannot experience the 2020 version of the event even if you rewind the main unit time.

While this is still admittedly vague, it seems like Nintendo's best attempt at transparency so far. "Thank you for your support and patience" implies they are working on something interesting that is just not ready yet.

I agree, and I appreciate this. To me, this is actually a way they are owning up to how disappointing and lacking this update is. I believe in the past they said things like "look forward to future updates" but didn't feel the need to say anything more and thank us for our patience. This is the first time in a while I actually think they are working on something better.

Could be wonky translation, but it says "you can continue to enjoy seasonal events after the free update (Ver.1.11.0)" Does this mean Firework Show will be permanently in the game for past and future years?

Edit:
Hmm
* After "Ver.1.11.0", you cannot experience the 2020 version of the event even if you rewind the main unit time.
I really do hope that if what it means. It’s weird to me that you can’t go backwards and redo certain events.

Where does it say that in Japanese? I could check it.

So for new seasonal items the cucumber horse and eggplant cow for obon are from August 10th-16th switching each day, the tsukimi dango and geppei are September 12-21 this year, and for Chuseok the "sonpyon" is also September 12-21 this year.

Also the cotton candy, popsicle, and boba tea? 🥺 So cute. I was hoping for roman candles to interact with but new food items are great! I came in with low expectations so I'm happy.

Sees ver1.11 instead of ver2.0. Dies inside.

Yeah, version 2.0 should have come after 1.9 following the rules of decimals, but I guess version numbers don't follow a decimal system. They're just sub version numbers. (i.e v1.9 =/= 1.9)

If there's going to be a v2.0, it needs to be groundbreaking and not just "We added a previous Holiday" or "We added more Seasonal Items".

The data miners found lots of juicy secrets released into the code in the recent updates. I'm anxious to know what changes and additions they'll find to v1.11. There always seems to be some kind of code changes in reference to a Museum Café (Café entrance, Café camera, extra museum floor/room). These types of things in the code don't just mean nothing. The fact that they are appearing, disappearing, and changing literally mean Nintendo is experimenting with and planning content, which means they're not doing nothing but Holidays.

I wonder if they'll fix the missing villager bug.
Post automatically merged:

Where does it say that in Japanese? I could check it.

Me? That would be this

そんな『あつまれ どうぶつの森』では、7月29日(木)10:00配信の無料アップデート(Ver.1.11.0)を経て、引き続き季節のイベントをお楽しみいただけます。

Last edited:
I understand the skepticism but I don’t think they would have included that addendum if there wasn’t something big coming for the fall beyond the same holidays. I think Nintendo was caught unawares at the negative reaction to the update silence and are working on something to quell the complaints. I’m guessing additional farming crops and Brewster, both of which are natural fall additions and already hinted at in datamines

There always seems to be some kind of code changes in reference to a Museum Café (Café entrance, Café camera, extra museum floor/room). These types of things in the code don't just mean nothing. The fact that they are appearing, disappearing, and changing literally mean Nintendo is experimenting with and planning content, which means they're not doing nothing but Holidays.
I will just continue assuming our villagers are off enjoying some spiced lattes in said museum café. Forever hoping one day I’ll load up my game and find Brewster walking about giving out free coffee.

One can only hope.

Looks great! Fireworks season was fun last year and looking forward to it this year too, and I like seeing some obon items! Surprised by how many food items are being added! Seems pretty significant to see Nintendo making for them a fairly direct comment on future updates.

I’m still happily playing daily, so not too impatient, but looking forward to what is to come in the future too!😊

Back