• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Version 1.11 Update: Fireworks update for ACNH coming July 29

I really hope the handheld food will also look cute when it's placed! I think I could use the drink in a few places on my island, the cotton candy would obviously look cute near the cotton candy machine, and the popsicle would make for a cute ice cream stand.

That being said I think these updates are getting less and less exciting. I really hope they can deliver some actual new content beyond just new items.

I really hope the handheld food will also look cute when it's placed! I think I could use the drink in a few places on my island, the cotton candy would obviously look cute near the cotton candy machine, and the popsicle would make for a cute ice cream stand.

That being said I think these updates are getting less and less exciting. I really hope they can deliver some actual new content beyond just new items.
ohhh i havent even thought about what it would look like placed!! i really hope they're not in one of those bear bags/droppable only
sksk

I can't believe my own eyes. So many are ready sell their souls for cotton candy and some weird looking stools.
However, as I mentioned in my previous post, we just got "update", or more precisely "what has been taken away" again. I'm really surprised we don't have to pay for this.
It's quite an amazing idea - to lock all events, and create "updates" just to unlock, what is locked for next year.

Yeah i would be happy with a couple more seasonal updates and a larger update like when they added diving. I am not totally upset with this one but i'd have liked content isn't just me buying something.

Personally, for me it's not really a satisfying update to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of food items due to the fact that I don't have a use for them (they always ending up rotting in my storage) and the firework event is one of my least favorites ones. But okay, at least they gonna continue with the updates. I hope whatever kind of other updates they have in development, I hope it's worth the wait and finally adds something interesting to the game.

OK, have some thoughts:
  • It's not as crushingly disappointing as April's update, because I was kind of just expecting something like this. There's a vague pang of disappointment, sure... but I'm also optimistic the datamines will show off some more stuff that's being worked on.
  • I'm also glad they've clarified that yes, they're still working on new stuff... although once again, the replies of the US Isabelle account are still AAAAAAAAAAA
  • New items look genuinely nice, tho! Candy floss, ice lollies and bubble tea, as well as the AC devs continuing to bring back LGTTC/NL's event items that weren't brought back last year with the return of the Obon items and the tsukimi dango.
  • Kind of disappointed it looks like they didn't bring back the retro Nintendo toys (like the Ultra Hand, Ultra Machine and the Ten Billion Barrel), tho. Maybe for Toy Day?
  • Also kind of disappointed there isn't any "hey, thanks for downloading this!" gift. I'm assuming this is also due to the delays. Next time, maybe?
  • Overall, it's kinda small (and that's REALLY understating things) but what's there's actually really nice. I look forward to September's update, where I hope they've finally managed to create some more in-depth new stuff for the game.

Can't be disappointed if this is exactly what I was expecting! I love the new items, they look great as usual, and I'm glad they are a part of the Fireworks Festival and not just something to mindlessly order from Nook Shopping.

Looking at Nintendo's wording...

In addition to these updates, more free content for #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons is currently in development for later this year. More information will be shared in the future, so please stay tuned. Thank you for your support and patience.

The fact that they say "in addition to these updates" is interesting. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but if more of the usual was coming they could have just not included that at all and started with "More free content...etc.". But because they said "in addition" it makes it sound likes more than just the usual updates are on their way. I guess we'll have to wait and see at the end of September!

Oh, a new update announcement!

IgMyx.gif

Can't say I expected anything beyond this. However, I do appreciate them letting us know that they are working on things for the future. It's nice to actually have some communication from them regarding future events, as vague as it might be. Now, whether or not that just turns out to be nothing more than events that are already in the game plus a couple extra seasonal items remains to be seen. Personally, after all this time I just can't be optimistic about it but I certainly wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Wow, this is so lame.
I'm so sick and tired of the teasing. "LoOK ForWArd To tHe nExt UpDAte!! UwU"
No Isabelle, I won't. Because it's gonna be the same old crap like last year with a few new sprinkles on top...
I can't believe how badly this game has been handled...

Last edited:
(...)

In addition to these updates, more free content for #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons is currently in development for later this year. More information will be shared in the future, so please stay tuned. Thank you for your support and patience.
(...)

It looks, like something really BIG is coming. Maybe not as big as unlocking Halloween, Christmas and New Year's event, including super-new-arch-2022... but definitely something big.:devilish:

Not much there i really care for.
Oh well, not too fussed.

But in my opinion, there is no other way to interpret the part about working on stuff for later this year, as anything other than them working on a real bigger update to the game. Not just some seasonal items.

Of course that doesn't have to mean its going to be a huge 2.0 update. Far from it.
But as far as I'm concerned it means they are working on something around the same size as the earlier updates.
And im honestly shocked to see people thinking they mean they will just be adding seasonal items again.

I don't know what is exactly new, but it's about time they gave use some food items. It was getting annoying seeing villagers being able to eat/drink when we couldn't do that. Still 2-3 food items when there are so many other food related items that villagers pull out to bite/sip is really dragging feet. It's like we're Oliver Twist and all the villagers are aristocrats.

"Please sir (Nintendo) May I have some more?'
Nintendo: What!? You want more!?

From the animation it looks like they are eating the popsicles/cotton candy, or so I hope, and not like an animation similar to raising the cider glass for a toast. I also wonder if the food goes away after a few bites or if it just stays around forever. Just curious since NL had it where 3-4 bites/sips would make the food/beverage disappear.

I will say that 2-3 food/drink items is nice, but it would had been nicer to have all of it. Or like soda to because soda/pop feels like a summer-y drink. I'll take it because I honestly didn't expect even that, but it's still not having me foam at the mouth to come back too fast.

I thought the eggplant and cucumber models were orderable last year. Maybe I'm getting things mixed up.

I can't believe my own eyes. So many are ready sell their souls for cotton candy and some weird looking stools.
However, as I mentioned in my previous post, we just got "update", or more precisely "what has been taken away" again. I'm really surprised we don't have to pay for this.
It's quite an amazing idea - to lock all events, and create "updates" just to unlock, what is locked for next year.

i don’t understand how liking new items being added to the game translates to ‘selling your soul’ or how souls come into a discussion of video game updates at all. Personally, I am perfectly satisfied with the game as is and think the update looks small but fun. I have no issue with, and in fact have a lot of sympathy for those who are disappointed, but I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, positive or negative. It’s okay if you do not like the update, but putting blame or judgement on people who are happy about it or about some of the items is unfair.

But in my opinion, there is no other way to interpret the part about working on stuff for later this year, as anything other than them working on a real bigger update to the game. Not just some seasonal items.

Of course that doesn't have to mean its going to be a huge 2.0 update. Far from it.
But as far as I'm concerned it means they are working on something around the same size as the earlier updates.
And im honestly shocked to see people thinking they mean they will just be adding seasonal items again.

Yes, I interpreted it similarly— not necessarily a 2.0, but something in the same vein that we have received in the past, before the smaller updates this spring.

They also said “free” content, so that confirms to me that a paid DLC is not planned to be released this year.

Can't be disappointed if this is exactly what I was expecting! I love the new items, they look great as usual, and I'm glad they are a part of the Fireworks Festival and not just something to mindlessly order from Nook Shopping.

The fact that they say "in addition to these updates" is interesting. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but if more of the usual was coming they could have just not included that at all and started with "More free content...etc.". But because they said "in addition" it makes it sound likes more than just the usual updates are on their way. I guess we'll have to wait and see at the end of September!
It looks, like something really BIG is coming. Maybe not as big as unlocking Halloween, Christmas and New Year's event, including super-new-arch-2022... but definitely something big.:devilish:

This is um...really rude? Sorry to hear you're not satisfied with this update. I'm not exactly sure why you returned to TBT after months of inactivity only to be negative and say "I told you so". Sure this update could be waaaay better, of course we'd love to get more than just some items and a returning holiday, and yes, we all wish Nintendo would communicate with the fans, but some of us still enjoy what we are getting. Especially those of us, such as myself, who have been enjoying the game as is. Please stop the snarky attitude towards myself and others.

(Mods I'm sorry for engaging with this type of behavior. Delete my post if necessary.)

Back