• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Version 1.11 Update: Fireworks update for ACNH coming July 29

I don't know what is exactly new, but it's about time they gave use some food items. It was getting annoying seeing villagers being able to eat/drink when we couldn't do that. Still 2-3 food items when there are so many other food related items that villagers pull out to bite/sip is really dragging feet.
I’ve been thinking about this more recently—my island is very much autumnal rustic/homely and the food items (like the lemonade drink and chocolate glazed donut) that I see the villagers pull out are ones I want THE MOST for my island themes. The new handheld items are very cute, but why can’t we just have stuff already apparent to us in the game, too? It makes me bummed out a bit, lol.

Cool. Not disappointed, not surprised. I loved the fireworks last year, and the new stuff looks cute so I want all of them. This updates goes into September, so maybe Halloween is next? I'm definitely looking forward to it, its my fav. holiday and I hope the creepy set comes back.

I’ve been thinking about this more recently—my island is very much autumnal rustic/homely and the food items (like the lemonade drink and chocolate glazed donut) that I see the villagers pull out are ones I want THE MOST for my island themes. The new handheld items are very cute, but why can’t we just have stuff already apparent to us in the game, too? It makes me bummed out a bit, lol.
Oh yeah, true. It would be nice if the drink and snack machines actually worked so we could get drinks and snacks out of them

Well, that's exactly something I expected - a small update unlocking next event with little new additions. New food items look very cute! And idk why but I NEED those eggplant cow and cucumber horse. But what if there's more to this update than meets the eye, huh??

to be honest, I didn't have super high expectations for this update but... I'm actually kinda disappointed lol. I was hoping for new furniture, not new handheld/food items which I literally never use. And it seems as though there won't be another update until at least the end of September -- Fireworks and a couple new food items definitely isn't a substantial enough update to hold players over for two months, at least in my opinion. Oh well, like I said I wasn't expecting much, so I'll probably download the update and then go back to other games I've been playing.

Oh yeah, true. It would be nice if the drink and snack machines actually worked so we could get drinks and snacks out of them
Or like we could use it as a storage for the food/drink items and then we could just go back to the vending machine to pull one out.

to be honest, I didn't have super high expectations for this update but... I'm actually kinda disappointed lol. I was hoping for new furniture, not new handheld/food items which I literally never use. And it seems as though there won't be another update until at least the end of September -- Fireworks and a couple new food items definitely isn't a substantial enough update to hold players over for two months, at least in my opinion. Oh well, like I said I wasn't expecting much, so I'll probably download the update and then go back to other games I've been playing.
It definitely isn't enough to hold the larger player-base together. For those who love it, that's great. I wouldn't say I am in love with the update, but it's alright considering I didn't expect anything. But it's not enough to stop the drain. Nor enough for me to be running to the game. They need a sizeable update to plug it before it's too late. I know a lot of folk who have said that even if there is larger updates it's already 'Too little too late' for them.'

I really do hope that if what it means. It’s weird to me that you can’t go backwards and redo certain events.

There's another way to look at it I guess. Since they say they've added new additions to the Firework Shows, maybe they mean it's impossible to experience the original version we played last year. As soon as the update drops, and v1.11a is unlocked, I'll be immediately time traveling to find out

You guys are so hopeful that something big is coming and Brewster is coming, but we've been getting our hopes up and then crushed again and again all year. Until we are actually notified on what's coming, I just feel like I'm struggling to feel excited about anything upcoming. I want to join you all and be so optimistic but all we seem to get is a few more holiday items added to what we already had. I really wish I could be here celebrating a noteworthy update here with the rest of you

You guys are so hopeful that something big is coming and Brewster is coming, but we've been getting our hopes up and then crushed again and again all year. Until we are actually notified on what's coming, I just feel like I'm struggling to feel excited about anything upcoming. I want to join you all and be so optimistic but all we seem to get is a few more holiday items added to what we already had. I really wish I could be here celebrating a noteworthy update here with the rest of you

I have been disappointed by the last few updates, and I think there are reasons to be optimistic or pessimistic depending on how a person wants to look at it.

I'm still fairly optimistic for these reasons:
  • During the last update, we learned there was reference to a cafe added to the game's code
  • Nintendo continues to say there is more content coming (admittedly to what degree, we don't know) and today thanked the community for our patience (implying they understand we are waiting for something)
  • There has been a global pandemic going on that we know has caused Nintendo and all of the game industry long delays
  • ACNH is Nintendo's best and fastest-selling Switch game, so there are business reasons to continue to support it
If someone feels the opposite, I totally get it and that's fine! The reality is none of us work for Nintendo and we are all just speculating.

Last edited:

At the very least, I think Nintendo knows how much we care about the game right now.

This update right down to the Twitter announcement was pretty much what I was expecting for August, so I am not too disappointed today. I am optimistic we'll get something big someday, I just don't know when. If I had to guess when we'll get something new, I'd say sometime September/October if not next year. I don't foresee much happening in November or December.

I like the Firework Shows, so August might fly by

Well we kinda were notified that something new is coming, as Nintendo stated that we will continue to get free updates. Now new horizons has been selling very well and if Nintendo wants to capitalize on that, they could start adding new stuff. The way they said that we will continue to get free stuff made it sound like they know that we're waiting for something new or something to return, so yeah. Honestly at this point I don't really care even if they don't add anything new at all

I'm gonna make a hypothesis.

With how things are going and the next update won't be till October. We are either getting "the big stuff" then (brewster, gryoids etc) cause it thematically works.

or

Seasonal Item updates for the rest of the year with a chance the supposed 2.0 update drops the 2nd anniversary of the game. Which by then, adds up to the game's timeline of (2-3 years) of updates.

Man, I'm so torn right now! I would like for the new handheld items to be consumable, but I would also like to use the boba as decoration. I didn't realize that I wanted to build a boba shop until this update came out. Hopefully, they'll give us more qr slots in the future because I only have six open.

I have been disappointed by the last few updates, and I think there are reasons to be optimistic or pessimistic depending on how a person wants to look at it.

I'm still fairly optimistic for these reasons:
  • During the last update, we learned there was reference to a cafe added to the game's code
  • Nintendo continues to say there is more content coming (to what degree, we don't know) and today thanked the community for our patience (implying they understand we are waiting for something)
  • There has been a global pandemic going on that we knows has caused Nintendo and all of the game industry long delays
  • ACNH is Nintendo's best and fastest-selling Switch game, so there are business reasons to continue to support it
If someone feels the opposite, I totally get it and that's fine! The reality is none of us work for Nintendo and we are all just speculating.

I'm kinda upset i don't have Brewster back yet. BUT I am also okay with that.

Didn't they suddenly bring the welcome amiibo update out for NL 2-3 years after the initial release? This gives me hope.

And, if I'm being honest, if the game had released with everything in it already i would be done with the game by now. I'm pretty sure i would have time traveled all over and seen everything there is to see.

✨ Fairy Floss ✨ I need to get every colour of this it looks so cute !!!!!

Also I am reading the Japanese website that someone linked before it says something about a Musi Tori Tournament ? It is only for Northern Hemisphere islands. What event is this? And hopefully us Southern Hemisphere islands can come visit to play the tournament.

Back