• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Tier List for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Updated: 5/19)

I'm actually not that angry about Audie trending down, it only gives me more of a chance of actually affording to get her.

I'm actually not that angry about Audie trending down, it only gives me more of a chance of actually affording to get her.
Im waiting for Sherb to drop so i can snatch him up to pair with Chevre because im obsessed with Sheep Goats and Rams (And Anteaters)

Wasn't Punchy really popular in New Leaf?

Not sure! I never played New Leaf, and only played Wild World and had no idea of tiers back then LOL, Punchy was a solid Tier A last time so I'm curious what made him trend up!

What do you mean with the campsite TT method? I thought the villager which spawned there was fixed?

Yes, the camper is fixed once you load up the day where a camper appears! :)
However, there is a method where you TT day by day until you get a camper. If it's not the camper you want, just save and close the game, then keep TTing until the next camper.
The campsite has been proven to prioritize showing you new villagers, and personality types not currently living on your island. So it's much easier to cycle through all villagers in a certain personality until you get the one you want.
For example, I got Raymond, Marshal, and Judy through this method in only a couple of days.

I'd like to thank everyone for their support, especially @Mairen and @Pandoria - they know more than anyone what it takes to create a tier list and have graciously accepted me and my thread to the TBT community. Mairen in particular has been providing me data so it's great to not have it be a 1 person job anymore.

Also thank you for making the thread the 2nd most view thread in the New Horizons forum,100k+ views in less than 3 weeks. 😭

I'd like to thank everyone for their support, especially @Mairen and @Pandoria - they know more than anyone what it takes to create a tier list and have graciously accepted me and my thread to the TBT community. Mairen in particular has been providing me data so it's great to not have it be a 1 person job anymore.

Also thank you for making the thread the 2nd most view thread in the New Horizons forum,100k+ views in less than 3 weeks. 😭

Aaah thank you for your kindness as well! I'm absolutely honored to be able to work alongside such fantastic friends on this. It's a lot of work to put these lists together, but being able to do this together with people you can count on, just means the world to me. I understand how important lists like these are to some people, so I do all I can to ensure the accuracy of the data I provide for this.

Going through all of the data that I do, it really warms my heart to be able to recognize that every villager is a favorite of someone's. And I get thoughts like "wow! this person is really looking for some obscure villagers, I'd be interested to get to know them more as a person!" or "Oh! someone else who's looking to adopt one of the lower tier villagers I also like, I wonder if we could become friends..?" Maybe I'm just strange for having thoughts like that ^_^ But when it comes down to it, I truly appreciate the opportunity to be able to work on something like this and provide for this wonderfully charming animal crossing community. Sending love and shine to you all~

I hope Antonio gets a rise next update because its clear people like him and because..... ANTEATER GANG RISE UP

thank you indox, mairen and pandoria for all of your hard work! this thread is so useful, i find myself checking it every day

Came here to check how Stella is ranked, since I’ve recently become obsessed with her. I knew she wasn’t super popular, but I can’t believe she is D tier! She has such a conventionally cute but also unique look, I’m so suprized she’s not more of a fan favorite!

fe28bbb1ff03d2ba85c552267a3893a022932c7c.jpg
omg is that her default house because if so it’s adorable?? but yeah i love stella! i feel like sheep aren’t super popular in general though and the ones that do have a bit of popularity have been losing is lately (from what i’ve seen anyway) since most people including me don’t really like how they look in shirts ;-; it’s a shame though because i don’t think stella is or ever was even popular in NL where they still have scarves and she’s so cute she deserves to be! she’s too underrated.

omg is that her default house because if so it’s adorable?? but yeah i love stella! i feel like sheep aren’t super popular in general though and the ones that do have a bit of popularity have been losing is lately (from what i’ve seen anyway) since most people including me don’t really like how they look in shirts ;-; it’s a shame though because i don’t think stella is or ever was even popular in NL where they still have scarves and she’s so cute she deserves to be! she’s too underrated.
No, that’s just a room I put together on Harvey’s Island. And yeah, I mean Pietro is pretty popular because he’s so unique, but there are so many standard-looking cute villagers that are popular, like Rosie, Ruby, Marshal, Fauna, Molly, etc. I was suprised that a cute sheep like Stella isn’t ranked higher. I actually don’t mind her redesign/sweater-wearing, but i definitely did not like Pietro’s. I think it’s just a case-by-case basis. I also hate how you really need to give them the right clothes or they look really bad. I actually just took all of my dress custom designs off of the wall at Able’s because Stella kept wearing them and that was not a good look for her. I did give her this sweater, and I love it on her since it matches her horns.
EXiqfgRUMAIpxof

Regarding Fauna, she's still pretty strong
How? Giveaways for her voided and every now and then she actually does sell but not for much.. She might be popular but right now she is basically 'just void' and move on.. I guess I just don;t understand this ranking list as it does not appear to be very accurate at all..

How? Giveaways for her voided and every now and then she actually does sell but not for much.. She might be popular but right now she is basically 'just void' and move on.. I guess I just don;t understand this ranking list as it does not appear to be very accurate at all..
Honestly, it’s very accurate.

Honestly, it’s very accurate.
Some are and some are not... It's one ranking list of several that are out there.. There is no way Fauna is Tier S.. NONE! People cant even give her away for free and have been voiding her....

I do appreciate the effort the OP has put into this list, and I do find it to be 'more' accurate than others I've seen but I'd not expect to see someone that is raked in tier S to be voided so often because they can't even be giving away for free....

My .02

Last edited:
Some are and some are not... It's one ranking list of several that are out there.. There is no way Fauna is Tier S.. NONE! People cant even give her away for free and have been voiding her....

I do appreciate the effort the OP has put into this list, and I do find it to be 'more' accurate than others I've seen but I'd not expect to see someone that is raked in tier S to be voided so often because they can't even be giving away for free....

My .02
The tier list takes popularity into account as well, it's not solely based on price or if they've been voided recently. It also accounts all traces of social media not just limited to TBT where you've witnessed the giveaways. Fauna regularly goes for 25+ NMTs and is more popular than Diana, for example.

Your experience with Fauna isn't limited to just her. There are several villagers in S tier as well that can often be found to be given away for free or voided - Zucker and Marina.

I even mention it in the original post:
- Popularity and market value are not mutually exclusive. You can have immensely popular villagers who do not sell for much.
This can be the case for several villagers, Fauna included.

Is the unlisted tier the lowest tier or just an indication of a lack of data?
Combination of both. Merry, for example, didn’t have much information when the list was created and it took a few weeks of data to accurately place her.

My .02
I see Fauna voided on Tbt Facebook Reddit pretty much everywhere so i agree with this and im kinda confused where the S rank came from and Fauna is not THAT popular i think B rank would be fair.

Back