• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Tier List for Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Updated: 5/19)

I wouldn't say Merry is immensely popular honestly. More so that her meme factor has caused an unusual spike in price. It's fun to watch actually.

Interesting at how Merry is rising. I’ve seen a couple other villagers becoming more popular (mostly Erik), but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

Raymond started to trend downwards, but it shot back up. I assume it’s from the duplication glitch.

Observed some spikes with Dom and Flora, they have been getting slow but consistent traction especially Dom who apparently has been selling over 200 nmts now. It’s probably the memes that boosted his appeal. Been checking them both for a couple of days now since I’m trying to sell mine. Are we seeing an upward trend for them?
1E7C2FFF-0D19-4B29-B084-6FFD716D150E.jpeg
3E647B30-D15A-4681-8706-2243B9A728CE.jpeg

I’ve been reading the recent discussion on Merry and I think another reason for her rising popularity and meme factor is this:
33212E78-FB3F-4ED0-A2F2-FAC1ECC3104E.jpeg

The clip in the linked tweet of this dialogue has 17k retweets, 62k likes, and 964k (almost a million!!) views at the time of this posting, tons of articles written on it, and I was super active on twitter when it went viral—I recall a lot of new players wanting Merry specifically because she said this, not knowing it’s just generic peppy dialogue, as well as a lot of homophobic people getting mad about it and again, new players who didn’t know how Animal Crossing dialogue works would argue with them by saying things like “lol you can literally just not have Merry on your island and you’ll never hear it”. So basically the idea that Merry is the ultimate lesbian ally got spread just because she was the peppy who happened to be the subject of this clip, and honestly I’m all for it and she’s especially adorable in her photo trying to hide her little double chin lol.

I’ve been reading the recent discussion on Merry and I think another reason for her rising popularity and meme factor is this:
View attachment 261230
The clip in the linked tweet of this dialogue has 17k retweets, 62k likes, and 964k (almost a million!!) views at the time of this posting, tons of articles written on it, and I was super active on twitter when it went viral—I recall a lot of new players wanting Merry specifically because she said this, not knowing it’s just generic peppy dialogue, as well as a lot of homophobic people getting mad about it and again, new players who didn’t know how Animal Crossing dialogue works would argue with them by saying things like “lol you can literally just not have Merry on your island and you’ll never hear it”. So basically the idea that Merry is the ultimate lesbian ally got spread just because she was the peppy who happened to be the subject of this clip, and honestly I’m all for it and she’s especially adorable in her photo trying to hide her little double chin lol.
I wish literally any of my Peppers would hit me with a cute line like this. Even though the dialogue is generic for all villager personalities, if you skim through threads about personality dialogue, many people actually have heard things from their villagers that others have not heard yet despite putting hundreds of hours into this game. So for both newer players and regular players I can totally see how they'd find this line "unique" to her. Regardless of why people like her though, she is super cute and unfortunately I cannot afford her prices now that they've gone up. I settled for Felicity's amiibo and honestly Felicity looks amazing cute as well so I can't wait to unlock my amiibo function!!

Updates:

Judy has been promoted to S+ tier.
Her average price is 500+ NMTs.

Merry has been promoted to B tier. Her average price is between 50-100 NMTs.

Wolfgang has been demoted to B tier.

Dom's average price has raised from 10-50 NMTs to 50-100.
Added trending up tag.

Trending down: Audie, Fauna, Diana, Marina, Zucker
Trending up: Lucky, Sherb, Pietro, Julia, Chrissy, Vivian, Erik

I got Marshall for a bid of 70 nmt on discord. So him passing Raymond is laughable at this point. Saw Raymond twice go for over 2000 nmt yesterday.

DOM DOM DOM DOM
Post automatically merged:

This update threw me for a loop, I was not expecting these changes, I like it!

Not shocked about Judy I saw this coming over a month ago, her popularity is increasing while Raymond kind of bounced back but the 2 are on terms of popularity now

seeing some craziness surrounding sherb. If he keeps following current trends, I see him joining the S+ tier sooner than later, same with Dom moving up to S
Of course it happens at the same time I decide I want him on my island lol

I actually had an offer for Sherb for 100 NMT. Not sure if that’s normal but I accepted.

Wow, it's hard to believe that Judy is so popular. I don't understand the love for her at all (whereas I do for the majority of the upper tier villagers), but to each their own.

I've seen way more interest in sherb lately, like all the offers on discord were over 100 NMT

Zucker though, I've noticed no one wants anymore, I see lots of people having to give him away because they can't sell him. I've noticed Fauna going down a lot too, I think this may be because a lot of people have these villagers...

Wow, it's hard to believe that Judy is so popular. I don't understand the love for her at all (whereas I do for the majority of the upper tier villagers), but to each their own.
I don’t understand love for Lucky. To each their own.

Back