• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Visitor Rules?

It seems like the most, if not all, peopl on TBT are very nice. If I'm going to add anyone, I'll add people from here as many people on here seem to agree on many of the visitation etiquette as I do.

a system where you can 'rate' people on their info pages would be good? a bit like Ebay has maybe?

I think I can trust most of the people I've added from here. It's just common courtesy when dealing with other peoples things in general. If someone starts doing things in your town that you don't like just kick them out by closing your gate and they will be kicked out of your town and you never have to invite him or her again.

I wouldn't worry about any of the current members here being loose in my town but the thing is when the game releases we will get a lot more people join up (especially kids) and they might not be so trustworthy. I remember loads of kids on ACCF would make groups with friends to go destroy peoples towns, one group filmed it and put it on youtube.

I will only be playing with people I know I can trust, probably won't play with any new members for awhile.

What if there was like a feedback for each persons profile and if you wifi with someone you give feedback like a +1 or -1. It sounds like a good idea but I can see problems arising with it. I don't think there's going to be to many problems with messing with peoples towns after all you can just turn the 3DS off and just reset to the previous save.

I wouldn't worry about any of the current members here being loose in my town but the thing is when the game releases we will get a lot more people join up (especially kids) and they might not be so trustworthy. I remember loads of kids on ACCF would make groups with friends to go destroy peoples towns, one group filmed it and put it on youtube.

I will only be playing with people I know I can trust, probably won't play with any new members for awhile.

Good thing we are adding people now, who apparently love this game as much as we do, before the game releases. I probably wont play with new members either because I have 50 plus ACNL friends already.

I wouldn't mind a system like ACC feedback being implemented one day. A more primitive way of this though would be having someone/an account designated to wi-fi reporting. If enough people report x person, x person will be put on a stickied black list.

But ultimately, I feel that people should set up their own rules. If you are adding more people than just people you have already spoken to, it's really your responsibility to let everyone know before they enter your town what your boundaries are, even if you just send out a quick swapnote to whomever you have a scheduled appointment with to remind them.
It's not TBT's responsibility to police your own game. I think things like not chopping trees and shaking perfect fruit trees are common sense nowadays.

hey everyone seems lovely here!
Aren't 'rules' such as -no picking up patterns, -If finds a rare bug, inform the owner before catching it, -No shaking trees without owner's permission etc. etc... just a tad harsh?
I mean its not the end of the world if someone shakes a tree right? right?
I think creating an extensive list of rules that limit the the guests actions would just ruin the fun.

hey everyone seems lovely here!
Aren't 'rules' such as -no picking up patterns, -If finds a rare bug, inform the owner before catching it, -No shaking trees without owner's permission etc. etc... just a tad harsh?
I mean its not the end of the world if someone shakes a tree right? right?
I think creating an extensive list of rules that limit the the guests actions would just ruin the fun.
meh I kinda agree with this.

I think the only unique rule I will have is that if the visitor and I both want an item in the shop, I'll buy it and the visitor can catalogue it to buy back in their town. It's not really strict and all parties will get the item :)
Though if a visitor shakes a normal fruit tree they have to pick up all the fruit from that tree and if they want a delicious/perfect fruit they ask before taking.

Just some ideas(These are not rules of my town btw):

-No buying items without owner's permission Why would that be?
-No shaking trees without owner's permission
-If finds a rare bug, inform the owner before catching it Finders keepers, as they say.
-No digging/chopping flowers, rocks, trees, bushes, or bamboo
-No depositing the last amount for a PWP
-No littering
-No picking up patterns
-No running
-No picking up random items whether it be in town or Lost and Found Kind of unfair.
-No pitfalls

I can safely say if I were to find a rare bug, I'd quickly snatch it up.

Last edited:
*Regrets not putting a sentence about saying I know not all of them are good rules in my post. -.-*

What does that mean? I am so confused here..
PWP-Public Works Project

Some people like the little scene and satisfaction of finishing off the project rather than someone else coming in and getting to do the little dance from paying off the last couple bells.

I agree a few of those are a touch harsh.

I like a pretty basic set of rules, common courtesy things.

- No purposefully running to destroy grass
- No cutting down trees
- Early on, no stripping the town of fruit, take only what you need! Later on, I won't care as much. :)
- No snagging fossils from my town. I'll likely get to them first, but in the event I miss one, this courtesy would be nice. :)
- No wrecking flowers.

Other than that, I don't care too much - catch all the fish you like, all the bugs you like, plant pitfalls if you so desire (I will shake my fist at you SO HARD) buy out my shops if you so desire. As I said in the fruit rule, early on I'll be meticulously using most of my fruit (Aside from keeping a few to give friends) but as time goes by, I won't care nearly as much. :)

Just some ideas(These are not rules of my town btw):

-No buying items without owner's permission
-No shaking trees without owner's permission
-If finds a rare bug, inform the owner before catching it
-No digging/chopping flowers, rocks, trees, bushes, or bamboo
-No depositing the last amount for a PWP
-No littering
-No picking up patterns
-No running
-No picking up random items whether it be in town or Lost and Found
-No pitfalls

Obviously, some of them are a bit over the top and crazy and that's why they aren't rules for my town but like I said, they are just ideas.
I don't mind most of them,
This is my only rule: No digging/chopping flowers, rocks, trees, bushes, or bamboo

I think as has been said already, that it's up to the individual what their rules are for visitors. I would hope that no running, no chopping etc would be common sense, but that's not always the case. I've added people from here that I've seen around the forums, that I've helped or have helped me and I'm currently swapnoteing with them in the meantime!

I would actually agree with salsanadia!! :D

My only real worry is that I intend on wearing down the grass for my paths and don't want them getting messy where people leave them. And I'll probably have flowers lining them and inbetween that I'd rather not lose.

I'll be keeping a piece of perfect fruit in storage at all times anyway, and the rest of the fruit is easily replaced so I'm not too bothered on trees. Everything else is just trivial to me, I don't tend to leave items lieing around or anything important.

You put up some town rules and if they go against it You can always boot them out or end comunnication by turning your wireless function off.

Rules are one thing, but man some of you might as well be running North Korea.

Pitfalls are in the game for fun, it's not like you'll fall into one and your entire town will fall into some horrid massive sinkhole.
True, but with flowers near every paths I will set, it will be hard to find a spot to plant a pitfall. People would have to be careful not to dig on a flower :)
I would ask them not to plant it next to flower to avoid any risk.

About the non-shopping rule, don't you want to got there first and buy things before opening doors ? That's what I do, and open doors immediately on my way back.

Clearly people don't all agree on the rules so just because everyone on the forum is a good person doesn't mean there won't be problems.

I'm totally against people picking up my patterns, alot of people think thats fine.
I'm totally fine with running, (as long as it's not malicious) alot of people are against that.

Maybe there can be a section in our forums account called town rules? Or we could just add them to our Bio. And then a rep system.

Back