• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Water! Water! Water!

Maybe it is the first house you get before upgrading (to a real house)? That was what I always thought anyway... So you don't think it is? :confused:

I kind of think it will be a temporary house. It makes sense when you think about it like this: In every animal crossing game you are given a house immediately. Along with that house you are also immediately given a debt with it to pay off. With each new debt you pay off comes a new upgrade and a new debt. But once you get the final upgrade, as an example I'll use the basement in CF, you are given a huge debt with it. There's absolutely no incentive to pay off the last debt. You already have the basement, there's no new upgrade so why even bother paying it? Sure you get a flag, but seriously, big woop. I think in the 3ds there won't even be debts. I think you'll come to town and they'll let you stay in the tent for free. But once you pay appx. 20,000 (about that amount in every game) they'll build you an actual house. This way you actually have an incentive to spend your money on the house. So there aren't any debts, you just pay the full fee for the next upgrade and you get it. Once you get the second-last upgrade, you can pay the final fee for the final upgrade. Once it's built it's done. No debt to pay off and you have the fully upgraded house. But that's just my 2 cents. Honestly, I would prefer it this way, mainly because of the whole incentive thing. No point in paying off your last debt if you already have the best house

I kind of think it will be a temporary house. It makes sense when you think about it like this: In every animal crossing game you are given a house immediately. Along with that house you are also immediately given a debt with it to pay off. With each new debt you pay off comes a new upgrade and a new debt. But once you get the final upgrade, as an example I'll use the basement in CF, you are given a huge debt with it. There's absolutely no incentive to pay off the last debt. You already have the basement, there's no new upgrade so why even bother paying it? Sure you get a flag, but seriously, big woop. I think in the 3ds there won't even be debts. I think you'll come to town and they'll let you stay in the tent for free. But once you pay appx. 20,000 (about that amount in every game) they'll build you an actual house. This way you actually have an incentive to spend your money on the house. So there aren't any debts, you just pay the full fee for the next upgrade and you get it. Once you get the second-last upgrade, you can pay the final fee for the final upgrade. Once it's built it's done. No debt to pay off and you have the fully upgraded house. But that's just my 2 cents. Honestly, I would prefer it this way, mainly because of the whole incentive thing. No point in paying off your last debt if you already have the best house

Love it. So embezzelling from the town fund to improve my home

Like I said, I could have sworn that I saw one, sorry for the false rumor. But I hope that they do return (it would make sense if the Summer Campers return).

It's okay

I have hopes for the igloo to return, too.

It's okay

I have hopes for the igloo to return, too.

I hope igloos and tents return as well, they are on my top five list of things to return from previous games. And to all who say that "mailbox" in front of the tent really is a mailbox, I thought that it was actually a sign to show who lives there.

in the japanese nintendo direct footage, they showed some new underwater theme. Maybe swimming has something to do with it? like you have to find all the parts or sumthin?

in the japanese nintendo direct footage, they showed some new underwater theme. Maybe swimming has something to do with it? like you have to find all the parts or sumthin?
Oh that would be cool, maybe pascal gives it out instead of ship stuff too

Oh that would be cool, maybe pascal gives it out instead of ship stuff too

Yep! Or maybe like the mushroom festival. On a certain event, you have to collect a certain type of shell, and after you trade in a certain number to Pascal, you'll get one piece of the set.

Yep! Or maybe like the mushroom festival. On a certain event, you have to collect a certain type of shell, and after you trade in a certain number to Pascal, you'll get one piece of the set.

omg that is a great idea! but I do't think you'd give them to pascal, probably someone else.(Pascal only likes Scallops)

This doesn't make sense. How would you get new floors, rooms, etc? Plus, you can customize your roof, mailbox and other things.
Your hypothesis doesn't make sense to me.

It seemed a lot like a camper's tent from ACGC. But, the mailbox had me wondering.
It could have been scrapped, for all we know by now.

This doesn't make sense. How would you get new floors, rooms, etc? Plus, you can customize your roof, mailbox and other things.
Your hypothesis doesn't make sense to me.

i dont get you ..how doesn't it make sense? please explain. What do you mean by how would you get new floors and rooms? He just said that the house would get upgraded so obviously there would be "floors" and "rooms"?

i dont get you ..how doesn't it make sense? please explain. What do you mean by how would you get new floors and rooms? He just said that the house would get upgraded so obviously there would be "floors" and "rooms"?

It looks like they're expecting you to come to town, with the three animals and secretary. So I REALLY doubt they'd make you live in a freaking tent.

But, from what we saw, they let you put your house were you want. So isn't it goin to take time to build? That's what the tent is for in my opinion. It's your temporary house until the real one is built.

But, from what we saw, they let you put your house were you want. So isn't it goin to take time to build? That's what the tent is for in my opinion. It's your temporary house until the real one is built.

These exactly haha

Back