• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

got this cute fairy trinket that ill paint!

1646018169352.png

It's like 4 am and ive got uni today but didn't sleep (partly due to anxiety over the ongoing war...), but spent the past few hours being productive and I'm happy I finally made some leeway with my essay!! I decided on a topic, did a whole bunch of research, found primary and secondary sources, and planned out the structure! I'm feeling a little more confident about this essay now.

Also new Pokemon starters dropped! Grass cat is my pick so far, but fire dino looks cute too. The final evolutions will decide their fate 😤

i just woke up and am feeling pretty miserable and uncomfortable atm, so i figured i’d post to remind myself that i’ve still got stuff to be happy about. :’)

finally updated my art thread.
created some ‘chibi’ art of whitney! it was my first time attempting to do a chibi-style of art, so it didn’t turn out all that great, but it didn’t turn out awful, either!
cuddled with my kitten. 🖤
4332CF65-9544-4275-9E8B-AACAB9C682C9.jpeg
tried reese’s pieces with pretzels in them for the first time. reese’s pieces aren’t my favourite candy, but these were pretty decent!
my mom picked me up a chocolate brioche while she was grocery shopping, along with 2 bottles of voltage mountain dew (my favourite soda)!
showered and did some more much-needed self-care tasks.
the item i ordered yesterday/on saturday was shipped! i’m super excited for it to arrive. ☺️
the s2 finale of euphoria premiered! i haven’t had a chance to watch it yet, but it looks intense. waiting for s3 is gonna suck. 😭

• I was having a massive severe panic attack last night but I took my PRN medication for that and it helped, I fell asleep and slept pretty well and woke up feeling a little better anxiety wise. My cat helped too. She laid on me and purred which is very relaxing. I've been getting very stressed about the whole war in Ukraine. I live in the US so I can't even imagine what it's like living there but I feel horrible for everybody there, including their pets. I see many people are fleeing with their pets, I'm glad the pets are being taken with them so they're not so scared and alone during this whole thing. I know that's not always possible though. I am also worried about it escalating even further. But anyway, I'm trying to stay in the present and being thankful for what I have and am keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.
  • I washed my face this morning with a cleanser and put on some moisturizer/SPF sunscreen after that. I'm trying to start taking better care of my skin, I've had this stuff for like months but rarely use it because it's hard to motivate myself to but I'm gonna try to keep doing that every morning.
  • A new episode of my favorite Pokémon podcast came out today!
  • I got another authentic piece of art from Redd in ACNH, I've been getting a lot lately. I hope I'm getting close to finishing the art part of the museum
  • I was craving peanut butter cookies last night but didn't want to make them because I'd eat them all and I'm trying to lose weight so I found a recipe online for "Peanut butter cookie dough for one" so it's a single serving of peanut butter cookie dough you can eat "raw" without eggs in it, it was really good.
  • I have been enjoying my daily Bible study

My latest round of impulse buys has arrived in full! While I can't say I'm too happy about the amount of impulse buying I've been doing lately, I am particularly happy about these ones as they are all Buizel merch! I think this obsession might be getting a bit out of hand...

Bui Shirt.jpgBui Lamp.jpgBui Lamp Orange.jpgBui Plush.jpg

Last edited:
My dad got a Switch Lite for a game he wants to play, so I went and purchased Pokémon Brilliant Diamond this morning. I got my Totodile from my friend, so I’m able to use him on my team.
4CB9E5EE-8B35-4645-9061-9613418C2701.jpeg
On a similar note, I was able to obtain another Totodile, thanks to @/Firesquids. I want one to stay as a Croconaw, so I needed another one to evolve into a Feraligatr.
I went to the mall before work and I came across this shirt that I thought I’d pick up. I was drawn to it because I actually dyed my hair in an ombré a few years ago using these exact colors. Now, my hair is just straight turquoise, but still appreciate the color combination. Also, it was on sale, sooo…
7DDEA23A-7679-4818-9B2A-35353DD72A4C.jpeg
D062A0ED-83BE-4982-B283-20D2F2D0F19E.jpeg

today wasn’t the best day, but i’ve still got stuff i’m happy about. :)

bought myself the pavé pink feather collectible!! i was waiting until today so that it’d have the same date as this year’s festivale, but man was waiting hard lol. i’m super happy to finally have it in my collection!
got 2x nook points.
did an animal crossing trade.
cuddled with alize, and she was such a sweetheart this morning! she rubbed her mouth against my nose and then rubbed her head against my chin, and she also let me kiss her on the head! i love her so, so much. 🥺
i have genuinely no idea why, but every time someone opens the fridge, she jumps in if there’s room. she’s never in there for longer than a minute before she’s coaxed out or she leaves on her own, but i finally managed to get a photo of her (to her disdain lol).
FCA4FF5B-424F-4739-972A-DDDE478DB031.jpeg

today wasn’t the best day, but i’ve still got stuff i’m happy about. :)

bought myself the pavé pink feather collectible!! i was waiting until today so that it’d have the same date as this year’s festivale, but man was waiting hard lol. i’m super happy to finally have it in my collection!
got 2x nook points.
did an animal crossing trade.
cuddled with alize, and she was such a sweetheart this morning! she rubbed her mouth against my nose and then rubbed her head against my chin, and she also let me kiss her on the head! i love her so, so much. 🥺
i have genuinely no idea why, but every time someone opens the fridge, she jumps in if there’s room. she’s never in there for longer than a minute before she’s coaxed out or she leaves on her own, but i finally managed to get a photo of her (to her disdain lol).
View attachment 431959

Omg my cat just started doing that too, jumping in the fridge, she loves getting in there the second I open the door haha , she did it a few times yesterday, every time I try to get something out of the fridge first she jumps in then I have to remove her then she does it again lol

• I've got an eye doctor appointment tomorrow morning. I was surprised with how fast they were able to get me scheduled in, I called yesterday afternoon to make an appointment and that was what they had available first. My glasses broke the other day, it's also been a little over 2 years since I've had an exam so I need one and to get an updated prescription so I can go buy new glasses.
  • I got on the treadmill for 45 minutes today!! Super proud of myself for that. It's been like 4 months since I've done that. I'm trying to get on it on most days now though. I'm also doing very well with eating healthier. :)
  • My delivery came today
  • I've been enjoying listening to music a lot today
  • My kitty is sweet, I woke up with her snuggling with me ❤️
  • I'm going to buy some birthday gifts for my sister later tonight (her birthday is on March 4th)
  • I found a place that has discounted spay program through the humane society for people who are on a limited income, so I can get a discount on getting my cat spayed. I'm setting up an appointment for her in April. I honestly am going to hate dropping her off and leaving her for awhile. I will feel so sad, I hope her surgery goes well though. I'm going to get her microchipped too.

Started my first full-time job after college back in November, and I've saved up enough to buy my first desktop in 10 years! The combination of the GPU scalping situation and Brexit messing with customs duty in Ireland meant that I had to go for a prebuilt one rather than building my own, but I'm still really excited for it to arrive.

I went shopping today and bought some stickers, got a new haikyu poster, finally got a new charger, and 2 new books! I also fed Rosie (the stray kitty that I'm taking in). She greeted me by swiping all over my legs and getting fur all over me. I'm hanging out with my family later, which is good. Overall, today's been great so far! :D

Back