• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

This was from yesterday, but I was helping one of the servers at work because it was so busy. She thanked me and gave me $10 from her tips for helping her.
I have a card with $100 on it coming in the mail from getting WiFi a while back and it should be coming in the mail very soon according to an email I received. If it actually comes, now that’s a whole other story.
They have the movie “10 Things I Hate About You” listed on YouTube as free with ads. I’ve never been so excited to see a movie listed as free with ads. It’s a great movie. Usually the free movies are disappointing, lol.

I am going to visit my dog, Keagan, on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to seeing him. I need some more pictures of my doggo.

Wasn't feeling super well today, unfortunately (cramping and I think the neighbors' outdoor kitty gave me ringworm when she brushed up against my legs a couple days ago ;; ), but I still had a pretty good day!
I got to play a lot of P:LA again! Made it to Third Star rank, and managed to defeat and successfully capture Alpha Kricketune!
I was able to get in a little bit of reading as well! I'm fairly close to finishing the book I'm on now.

@CylieDanny & @S.J. both cheered me up :); I am really happy to see them both and other friends here still; still am on a break but just wanted to post about that and something else that makes me happy each day.
D9FC2BD5-74ED-4560-8E26-70E546099EC1.jpeg
10B318F9-EC30-452D-9C63-784802D40738.jpeg

- Got one package today, and the other one seems to be on its way finally from the Netherlands. Good grief, that customs thing really ****ed things lol, guess that other one was worth too much lmao.
- Eventually got around to book a time at a naprapathy(kind of chiropractor stuff) clinic, need to see if they can do anything about my hips man.

- The Mavs did it! They beat the Utah Jazz yesterday 114-100, thereby taking the number four spot in the NBA West for now. I'm so inspired by their rise over the past several months. 🤩
- Work is going great and I'm learning a lot of new things.
- Sun is shining again and it's a nice temperature outside. ☀️
- I'm going to martial arts practice tonight! :D

• I bought some Sour Patch Kids, they are so freakin delicious, why has it been so many years since I've eaten them, I've been missing out, they're amazing
  • It's freezing outside today, in the low 20's. So it's the perfect time for some hot chocolate!
  • I slept amazingly well under my weighted blanket last night
  • My kitty enjoyed her food this morning, she was so happy to have some salmon pate. I also woke up with her burrowed under the covers with me, I think she must have gotten cold last night.
  • Have some time to play games :)

Sadly we had to put my dog to sleep last thursday, he wasn't going to get better, turns out he had a rare autoimmune condition that left him in a lot of pain and unable to fight off the infection he had. It was probably the worst day of my life. I've been feeling awful and extremely depressed ever since, he was an adorable, sweet, perfect dog and a big part of my life for 11 years, over half my life. But today has been a little better...

The weather was nice, I went into uni for a meeting about an overseas trip, and the weirdest thing happened. I ran into one of my best friends from high school in the lift of my uni building! o_O It was such a strange coincidence! We exchanged contact info and I might try and reach out to her to meet up sometime soon. I also picked up a birthday card for my older brother on the way home, since it's his birthday today and he's coming over tonight for dinner.

I think there may be a work around with the QR designs I made for NH. I just need to rework them a tiny bit. Which is a lot better than having to scrap all of those hours I spent working on them.

I also got five hours of sleep. I usually don't even get that much, so I feel great.
I played some acnh & my Island is looking good! I can’t wait to show you guys 😃
I'll be honest, I want to see that McD set up. It sounds really awesome!

@Dunquixote They look lovely! Love their tiny pink toe beans. Very cute, thanks for sharing with us! I hope you are well on your break.

• Me and my partner went to clean his grandmother's house up today. Just thought it would be a nice thing to do for her. Afterwards, we all went and ate lunch at a wing place. Was really fun.
  • I just hit exactly 5000 hours on New Leaf. It's a huge milestone for me, and I'm really proud. Kind of not at the same time, however. That's a lot of hours I could've been spending doing productive things lol.
  • I went to the library and got 5 new books to read over the next 2 weeks.

That card with $100 arrived in the mail today and I’m super excited. I’m not using it for anything in particular, unless I find something intriguing, lol.
I got out of work early tonight and I’m off tomorrow.
A coworker told me they loved working with me and it made me smile.
I washed my fitted sheet and blanket. They are currently in the dryer but they will be warm when they come out!
I’m having a great day in general.

I’m really happy to get to talk to and see my friends here again ☺️. Still struggling with depression, but all the wall messages and replies to me in dms or elsewhere seriously made me feel significantly better 🙂. Also, really happy looking at some art threads.

Caught Jewels lying in a funny position again not long ago 🙂.

8AC2B978-54BE-413B-9B31-AB9B3D680947.jpeg

Her favorite sleeping positions are as a bear rug and on her back with her belly up 😂.

I’m really happy to get to talk to and see my friends here again ☺️. Still struggling with depression, but all the wall messages and replies to me in dms or elsewhere seriously made me feel significantly better 🙂. Also, really happy looking at some art threads.

Caught Jewels lying in a funny position again not long ago 🙂.

Her favorite sleeping positions are as a bear rug and on her back with her belly up 😂.
Your cat is too precious, I can't. 😭

-the after school meeting i had wasn’t as stressful as i thought it was going to be, i mean they’re never stressful but i always get worked up about those kinds of things.

-i had a slice of cake that i made all by myself yesterday, with the exception of my mom pre heating the oven. it was the first time i ever made a cake by myself!

-i had a good time playing ac wild world

-the after school meeting i had wasn’t as stressful as i thought it was going to be, i mean they’re never stressful but i always get worked up about those kinds of things.

-i had a slice of cake that i made all by myself yesterday, with the exception of my mom pre heating the oven. it was the first time i ever made a cake by myself!

-i had a good time playing ac wild world
i love wild world so much. i'm actually playing it rn. so nostalgic. also congrats on the cake!!

Today I'm happy because:

- I did get a few hours of deep sleep last night.
- I wasn't sure I was going to finish all my work today, but I managed to get it all done and only had to work 15 minutes over.
- I treated myself to a Cadbury Creme Egg and a Mint Chocolate Chip Klondike bar today (at separate times).
- My dog cuddled with me on the couch this evening.

Some other good things happened today, so I might aswell share them.

• My brother's ex gf made us all a cake. Why? Honestly, no clue. It was good nonetheless. It was a strawberry cake with strawberries strewn along the top. It was amazing. At first I was skeptical because exes don't just make their ex's family a cake, but I guess they're both on good terms and she just wanted to get on our good side. I do appreciate it.
  • Met someone new on the forum and they're very nice!!
  • I'm playing AC:WW for nostalgia.
  • I started writing some lore for my AC:NL town. Honestly, it's really fun to make up stories for my villagers.

my bad for not posting the past 5 days or so (and for not checking this thread, either, and spamming yalls notifications 😭🤣), but things have been alright! i’ve been lowkey fighting off a depressive episode since the weekend, but i’m actually feeling much better today and think i’m fighting it off pretty well! i’m also 100% recovered from my food poisoning. 😄

thursday (03/24)
went to all my classes and even answered a question correctly out-loud in one of them as well! i also got 5/5 questions right on an assignment that i did for another class. 😊
got 2x nook points.
cuddled with alize, and she touched my nose with hers. she’s so sweet. 🥺
was able to finally tidy up my room a bit after not feeling well enough to do so the entire week.
the series 1, 2 and 3 animal crossing amiibo card packs that i ordered from the source arrived!! i can’t believe i have cards from every series now when just a few weeks ago, i only had (unofficial) sanrio and series 5 cards. i love that my collection is slowly growing!! 🎉
there weren’t really any cards that i wanted in particular since i honestly don’t know who is in what series lol, but i’m quite happy with everyone i got!! i’m especially happy about poppy, dr. shrunk, prince, pete and tangy’s cards. <3

series 1
421441A8-DD6D-4932-AA4A-1E7C79F624ED.jpeg

series 2
336A09CC-568A-4F95-92F5-59817C6C1F98.jpeg

series 3
6cc5711a0520464e178051d8163c5d63c14ba9f7.jpg
took a shower and did some other hygiene and self-care tasks.
got high.

friday (03/25)
cuddled with alize. <3
got high.
got a smoothie from booster juice.
my mom and i went to see russell howard, one of our favourite comedians, live!!! the journey down to the performance venue was an absolute nightmare, but the show itself was hilarious! both russell and his opening act simon were fantastic! this was actually my very first time ever going to a show of any kind (my family has struggled financially for practically my entire life, so money for show tickets, concert tickets, pretty much any sort of vacation or endeavour was nonexistent) and i loved it! i also saw plenty of dogs on our way to and from our destination, and i even got to pet one!!
@Mr_Keroppi very generously sent me a super kind message and some tbt!! thank you so much again! 💚
discovered a new filter for my acnh photos that i like, as well as a new aesthetic for my personal acnh journal!

saturday (03/26)
a new chapter of one of the fanfics i read was published, and it was great! i also read 2 new fanfics, both of which i really enjoyed!
ordered 3 packs each of series 2 and 3 animal crossing amiibo cards i’m addicted 😭 from amazon!
cuddled with my kitten. 🖤
got high.

yesterday (03/27)
got high. a daily occurrence, in case you can’t tell LOL.
read 2 new fanfics that i enjoyed and that were written by one of my favourite fanfic writers!
cuddled with alize. <3
discovered a different new filter for my acnh photos that i like a lot more than the one i discovered the other day! changing my aesthetic has inspired me to start playing again, so i’m chugging through as many days as i can before burnout inevitably hits again. 😅

today (03/28)
cuddled with alize, and she licked my nose. 😭
got high.
my first class of the day was cancelled due to staffing shortages, but i went to my other 2 classes! i also completed an assignment for one of them, and i actually think i did really well on it! i hope my teacher feels the same lol.
received a super sweet message on tiktok. granted, it was from a complete stranger and was actually sent to me in may 2021 😭, but it’s the thought that counts!! it still made me smile lol.
did some self-care.
tidied up my room.

Please excuse me for typing in all caps, BUT IS THAT QUEENIE?!?! My eyes were the size of pancakes when I saw her!
LOL not me taking like 4 days to respond to this, but yes, it’s queenie!! 😋

Olive was really nice and she loved pink roses so I built the Flower Arch Public Works Project where she used to live and its beautiful!
wait this is actually so cute 😭. i absolutely love this idea, it’s like a small little memorial for her!! i might have to try doing something similar for my faves in new horizons.

My neighbours got a rabbit a few months ago and already decided to get rid of him (bunnies can be hard work) so me and my partner decided to adopt him. They thought the bunny was a girl but he's clearly a boy. I like my neighbours but they never let the bunny out of his cage so his butt is raw and very dirty and matted. I'm not gonna judge them though cause they've never had any pets before and they underestimated the work that bunnies take. We renamed him Leopold. I'm glad to say he will be cage free the rest of his life with (mostly) free range of our house. My rabbit Anastasia died in January so it feels a little bittersweet adopting Leo but my other rabbit Theodore has been lonely since his wife Anastasia died so he needs a new pal to snuggle with. Theodore already seems to like Leopold so let's hope they become best friends.
!!!!!! i’ve actually been curious about leo ever since i saw you post about him in the “what’s bothering you?” thread, and look at him!!!! such a beautiful boy. i’m so sorry to hear that your neighbours didn’t properly take care of him, but i just know you and your partner are taking, and will continue to take, amazing care of him. he’s lucky to have you both. congrats on the new addition to your bunny family! 🖤

Sadly we had to put my dog to sleep last thursday, he wasn't going to get better, turns out he had a rare autoimmune condition that left him in a lot of pain and unable to fight off the infection he had. It was probably the worst day of my life. I've been feeling awful and extremely depressed ever since, he was an adorable, sweet, perfect dog and a big part of my life for 11 years, over half my life. But today has been a little better...
oh no... my heart completely sunk reading this. i am so, so, so sorry. my kitty was also 11 years old when she passed, and i had also had her for over half of my life, and it just... there really isn’t a worse feeling. my pms are always open to you if you ever need or want to talk or vent. you did everything you could for him, and he went knowing that he was loved, cared for and had a family that was willing to put an end to his pain, even though it meant the beginning of theirs. i am so sorry you had to say goodbye to him. 😕❤️

Last edited:
Yesterday
- A close online friend and I did an art trade. This was his part:

<333 (credit to Ashton)

Today
- My dad brought me Taco Villa fries
- So, I didn't have to worry about bringing my dad's cymbals in, since he was here when they came (if you look in the "What's bothering you?" thread, I talk about why I was worried)
- Another art trade was finished by another friend. This was her part: <333
(credit to Trina)

Back