• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today marks the second to last day of a 10-day work week, and I'm glad it's almost over. Staffing has been an issue so we've been kept incredibly busy each day and have been struggling to get everything done, so it will be nice to be able to finally relax for a couple of days after tomorrow.

Also, the manager in charge of scheduling accepted my request for an extra day off before my scheduled vacation and two more days off after the day it's supposed to end right away when I brought it up, no questions asked, which really surprised me. I definitely expected it to be a lot tougher than that to get even one of those days. That gives me a lot more breathing room for both ends of my planned vacation and allows me to not be stuck waiting at the train station in Downtown Los Angeles at 4am the day my scheduled vacation starts while trying to get any sleep possible on the trip down. Instead I can get there in the late afternoon the day before and get a hotel so I can start the main part of my vacation well rested.

- I received my first paycheck today from my new job. I'm earning twice as much as I was from my previous job. 😁
- It's a Friday and nice and sunny outside again today. I'm looking forward to the weekend very much.
- The Dallas Mavericks take on the Minnesota Timberwolves again tonight, this time in Minnesota, with a chance to pass the Utah Jazz for the four spot if the Mavs win and the Jazz lose to the Hornets.
- I'm going to martial arts practice tonight. :D

finally got some retail therapy in, been so stressed from the last few months about job hopping and im finally making good pay again AND i got a grant from school so i was able to pay some things off and just... have some money to myself!! i got some t shirts since summer is coming up and a new pair of jeans to replace mine that ripped last month. im feeling much better now

Finished doing my taxes for this year and also invested a lot of my money into proper retirement accounts. I'm far from retiring or old, but it never hurts to get started early.

@Midoriya Nice, way to go! You should take a tiny bit of that check and get yourself something nice to eat as a celebration.

@TurnipBell20 While that is steep sum, sometimes it's nice to treat yourself to something. And if you keep up with your practices, it will all be worth it in the end.

Today I'm happy because:

- @Mr_Keroppi generously sent me a surprise message and small donation of bells! I hope you always remain the kind and positive person you are today, Mr_Keroppi!
- I watched two squirrels chase each other playfully through my back yard while I was working.
- I had a good chiropractor visit this afternoon. It feels great to only be going once a month after over a year of needing weekly or bi-weekly visits.
- I found some mint chocolate chip Klondike bars at the store today. I've been craving mint chocolate chip for a few weeks but couldn't find anything that was single serving. I didn't want to buy a carton. So I'm happy I finally get to indulge my craving.
- I'm done with work for the week! I'm ready for the weekend! Looking forward to relaxing, catching up on some anime, and reading.

I’m very happy to see that the rebuild of the Los Angeles Kings seems to be over. It’s been a very disappointing past few years but I’m very confident going forward!
I’m happy that I get some help at work tomorrow! There’s this very sweet kid with autism (no shame, I actually have autism) and he’s on with me every Saturday. He’s very meticulous with his cleaning and it makes me happy to see. He’s very nice to talk with, as well.
I received some bells and a very positive message from @Mr_Keroppi ! It brought a smile to my face to wake up to such a kind message.

• I went to eat with my family today at a wayyy too fancy restaurant for a person like me lol. It was great, though. I got a basket of shrimp, but I didn't eat all of it. Earlier today I had asked my best friend to hang out because I had no idea we were going to eat. I messaged her saying never mind about hanging out, but she didn't message me back. Anyways, when I get to the restaurant, she's standing in line waiting for a seat. I go up to her and chat for a little while. It's crazy how small the world is sometimes.
  • Got to visit my grandparents for a little while. They were watching my younger cousins for the night, so it was nice to see them too!
  • Once we got home, I took a long shower. Today's been one of those feel-like-you're-going-around-the-world days for me.
  • This morning I checked my notifications and saw a sweet Fri-Yay bonus which made me so happy!!
  • I was really struggling to get out of bed this morning, but my cats wanted attention.

I finally came to terms with the fact that while I really like the bag/wallet I've been using for the past several years, they're both kinda falling apart at this point. 😅 So I caved and am getting an actual ita bag and a new wallet, which I'm really excited for!! I can't wait to be able to safely show off some of the duplicate buttons I've collected, and the bag also has a lot more storage room than my current one, so it'll be more practical too. Plus, I think I really lucked out with the shipping times, and I might actually get them this weekend!
I added a new desktop wallpaper to my rotation! It's always nice to have a little added variety.
I finished DQVII's two postgame dungeons today!! I think I was a little over-prepared, but I had fun. Can't believe I'm already finished with the game, but I think it's safe to say that I really enjoyed this title in the series.
Since I got through with DQVII earlier than expected, I also got to start up Pokémon Shield this evening!! I've chosen Sobble to be my pal for this journey. 💙 I'm also looking forward to hopefully starting Legends: Arceus tomorrow! ^^

I played some acnh today 🤍 and Ooo! I forgot I have some good news
I finished the McDonald’s & Post office. I made a Flea Market which is almost done, I made an Orchard which is done, I made an area for my house which is the farmhouse now and I’m working on bit for my villagers house’s now. :)

I got to go to Walmart today with my family as the other day we were a little busy so we got to go today!
On the way to Walmart we looked at some of the new houses being built and they are very pretty. NOT AS PRETTY AS OUR HOUSE THOUGH :D
At Walmart I bought 3 packs of Crayons and a huge jug of bubble mix to play with for like a whole month!
My mother also bought me $60 worth of Eshop cards so if there is any DLC or exclusives I can get before the shop shuts down later!
Some stuff I ordered from Amazon is coming in the mail soon.
My parents made homemade Chicken Alfredo for lunch in the instant pot!
The super kind and talented @Yanrima~ is making me so more art sometime!
Yesterday I had really good turnip prices in ACNL so I used some of the bells that I earned on some pretty Gracie furniture!!!!!!!
Olive moved out of my New Leaf town two days ago and Fuchsia moved in!
Olive was really nice and she loved pink roses so I built the Flower Arch Public Works Project where she used to live and its beautiful!
I get to call my Nanna and PoPo today and see how they are doing since they are both not busy!!
My mother bought alot of Easter Candy for me and my older brother so we get to have some early :D
I have beaten almost every single tournament in Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 Wii U!!!

Alot of good things happened today and its only 1:56 PM where I live!!!!

Yesterday
- Got Popeyes for dinner
- My brother said that the birds in the Popeyes parking lot were government robots with cameras in their eyes

Today
- Ran some errands with my dad
- Ate at Huddle House with my dad
- Got some yummy snacks at the market

My neighbours got a rabbit a few months ago and already decided to get rid of him (bunnies can be hard work) so me and my partner decided to adopt him. They thought the bunny was a girl but he's clearly a boy. I like my neighbours but they never let the bunny out of his cage so his butt is raw and very dirty and matted. I'm not gonna judge them though cause they've never had any pets before and they underestimated the work that bunnies take. We renamed him Leopold. I'm glad to say he will be cage free the rest of his life with (mostly) free range of our house. My rabbit Anastasia died in January so it feels a little bittersweet adopting Leo but my other rabbit Theodore has been lonely since his wife Anastasia died so he needs a new pal to snuggle with. Theodore already seems to like Leopold so let's hope they become best friends.
20220326_124246.jpg

My neighbours got a rabbit a few months ago and already decided to get rid of him (bunnies can be hard work) so me and my partner decided to adopt him. They thought the bunny was a girl but he's clearly a boy. I like my neighbours but they never let the bunny out of his cage so his butt is raw and very dirty and matted. I'm not gonna judge them though cause they've never had any pets before and they underestimated the work that bunnies take. We renamed him Leopold. I'm glad to say he will be cage free the rest of his life with (mostly) free range of our house. My rabbit Anastasia died in January so it feels a little bittersweet adopting Leo but my other rabbit Theodore has been lonely since his wife Anastasia died so he needs a new pal to snuggle with. Theodore already seems to like Leopold so let's hope they become best friends.

Omg, cuuuuuuuuuute!!! 😍

---

Today I'm happy that it's a Saturday and I slept in, and I can do whatever I want today. :D

• I had a pretty good day mental health-wise. I was able to eat some new things, well, not new but things I hadn't eaten for many years since before my eating disorder started. I'm getting a little less anxious about food.

• My parents made a shrimp boil for dinner tonight. We usually only have it once a year, so I always look forward to it. Shrimp isn't my favorite, but I love everything else mixed in with it.
  • I finished a book that's based on a WebToon comic. It's called Hooky by Miriam Bonastre Tur. It was adorable!! The plot is very entertaining, and the characters are so fun to get to know.
  • My parents and I dug all the mulch out of our flower bed. We've gotten tired of it over the 10 years we've had it. It took a while, but it looks so much cleaner now! We're going to put rocks in it next week and a few new bushes.
  • I drew a little bit today. They're not the best drawings, for I'm not an artist, but I had fun drawing them nonetheless!

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have to work today and got to sleep late this morning.
- For the first time since daylight saving time started two weeks ago, I feel like I got a decent amount of sleep and my eyes aren't burning.
- There are pretty purple flowers blooming everywhere in my yard.
- I finally satisfied my craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream tonight.
- I talked to my aunt on the phone this evening. I haven't talked to her in a while so it was nice to catch up.
- I still have tomorrow off work to rest and relax.

Back