• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

My new wallet arrived today, so I was able to transfer everything over from my old bag to my new one! Everything fits really nicely, and as I thought, I have a lot more room than I did before. Plus, I actually really like the design on my new wallet a lot better! ^^
I got some more research tasks done in PLA and made it to Fourth Star rank! ⭐
Found a couple more new desktop wallpapers too!

I have pansies, lavender, juniper, a bunch of succulents and random house plants, leek, garlic... It's a bit random. I could also post some pictures but it's cold and dark outside at the moment.
I'm mostly keeping the plants either indoors or on the balcony. I thought about planting something in the backyard but I'll need beds to make it work.
What kind of vegetables do you grow? Do you take care of the garden yourself or do you have some help?
You got a bit of a variety there! It's a little too early where I am to be planting anything outside. Especially now that the weather dropped 20F. That was a bit of a downer since I was hopping to get a lot of things done that I couldn't.

But I grow a lot of different things and I try something new each year. 2 years ago I cut a lattice fence all around the garden and it has done well to keep rabbits and pests from destroying everything, last year I made four planter boxes from left over lumber and then sealed them with safe epoxy so they won't rot, and this year I'm mulching all over the edges and laying plastic underneath it all. I hear deer hate marigolds so I'm planting them all around and the next year when I have more time I will grow them by seed.

I also tore up and mulched ground for my grape grape vineyard (so far only 1 row with 3 grape plants), my blueberry row of 9 bushes, and my asparagus row of (I forget how many plants) they don't look like they endured this harsh winter so well so I may have to redo them, but at least I have the ground already broken for it.

I mostly grow a ton of tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, a variety of melons, green-beans/peas, and a variety of squash. I just find it a lot of fun. IMG_1344 - Copy.jpgfoods.jpg

• Some kids at my school complimented my Zelda sweater! It made me really happy. :]
  • I got a bisexual flag, which I ended up putting in my boot when I was at school. One person told me that they liked it and a classmate of mine said that they supported me! <3
  • I finished an art piece that I'm really proud of! Too bad I can't post it, because it's not really appropriate... TwT
  • I just had a delicious snack of crackers, cream cheese, salami, and cheddar cheese. It was SO good!

My kittens both sat on my lap today ☺️; they never tried to sit on my lap at the same time before. In fact, they did this fell asleep too when I was going to go get my medicine and eat something.

02460C45-4511-4471-95AF-2549705E5D38.jpeg
57B27406-5292-40E6-968F-F00294692D9A.jpeg
51DB6BC6-A8ED-4887-8CB5-67929EB4C492.jpeg

The tiny kitty is Spanky; originally Spanky was a silly name I came up with for laughs with people on this discord server though I thought it was cute; the VA named a beetle in Skyward Sword spanky after the monkey in spanky’s quest (game he still needs to beat) which I thought was cute and so that was one idea i had while trying to come up with a name. I gave him my list of ideas and he voted for that name and my parents even liked it (even though they don’t know anything about the games), so the name stuck :).

Honestly happy to be back here even if it is just to lurk (and maybe post a little) for the time being & seeing my friends and others I enjoy seeing here. ☺️

• I got up at 7:25 this morning, which is odd for me.
  • About an hour after I woke up, my mom asked me to go to Walmart with her. We went shopping and I got a Cowboy Bebop shirt, a Freddy Fazbear figurine, and a Foxy figurine. My mom bought 2 rotisserie chickens for dinner, which is my favorite thing to eat. Afterward went to Chik-fil-a. I don't really like their franchise or anything but their chicken is amazing, so I gave in.
  • When we got home, my dad needed help spreading rocks in my mom's flower bed, so me, my mom, my dad, and my 2 brothers helped with that. It took around 2 hours, but we ran out of rocks. We're planning to finish it up tomorrow.
  • I played some AC:WW and got around 500k from doing a bell glitch.
  • I also played AC:NL today and bought a lot of turnips (which I need help selling). I also visited 50 dream addresses in order to complete my golden dream badge. (If any of you want me to visit your dream town [if you have New Leaf] let me know!)

Today I'm happy because:

- I had a fairly easy day at work, which was good because I got almost no sleep last night.
- I watched a squirrel hopping through my backyard while I was working.
- I was able to schedule my first visit with my new PCP very quickly. My appointment is this Thursday!
- I get to leave work early tomorrow for a massage therapy appointment.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this evening.

today wasn’t the greatest or most exciting day, but it wasn’t too bad! 😊

got 3x nook points in the nintendo switch online app.
went to 2/3 of my classes (accidentally slept through english lmao) and completed an assignment for one of them! i think i did pretty well on it. :)
cuddled with alize, and she rubbed her head against my face and let me kiss her head again. she also let me kiss her on the back of the head several times. i’m learning that it’s not kisses themselves that she doesn’t like, but rather somebody’s face coming towards hers. if i kiss her on the back of her head or, say, her tail, she has no problem with it. :’) <3
did some self-care.
finally satisfied my craving for ginger ale. it was delicious and very refreshing. 😌
got high.

I got to see two of the neighborhood cats being really sweet—one of them started calling its friend from right outside my window, and then the other kitty ran up and they touched noses. ;v; It was totally adorable.
I collected a few more new desktop wallpapers! c:
Got to play some more Legends: Arceus today—in addition to the research tasks, I've been making sure to stay connected to the internet so I can return players' satchels while I'm at it. I'm especially happy about one I was able to return and escape unscathed myself—it was right at the edge of the water past the Alpha Heracross in Grueling Grove. 😭 It actually got alerted (but thankfully didn't see me) as I was trying to sneak back past it after collecting the satchel, and oh man was my heart racing.

The Calgary Flames lost today so now the Los Angeles Kings may be able to jump them in the rankings in the next few games.
I woke up pretty early today and spent the whole day relaxing. I had the chance to recolor my hair the same shade of blue and visit Keagan.
Someone’s kid complimented my hair. They were putting at my hair screaming “blue” and I just smiled. I love how it’s the first thing people notice about me.
Keagan got some of his favorite dog cookies today and his tail was wagging insanely fast when he saw me. I loved how happy he was.

I am saving up to buy myself a Nintendo Switch Lite :) So I got a case for it :)
View attachment 435380
It's so cute I can not wait for it to arrive :) (I haven't even ordered my switch yet haha I just need a bit more before I buy it)
That case is so cutee!! Best of luck with getting your Switch Lite! ^^

@KittenNoir That's a cool case display! Is that arm rope supposed to be like they are in a crane game? That's a neat concept. They're all watching and worshiping it like the alien toys in Toy Story. The claw OOOOoooohhhh.

My kitten sat on my lap for a full half hour and kneaded me as I pet her. She usually wants to run around and play, which is also fun, but I liked being able to pet her for a longer time. That was nice.

Excited that we finally have our honeymoon planned. 8 days in Costa Rica this November :D

Our tours include:

1. Tram ride, zip lining, hanging bridges
2. White Water Rafting
3. Horseback Riding To Fortuna Waterfall
4. Tenorio Volcano National Park
5. Private Boat Tour with snorkeling, exploring caves, beaches

All with 2 hotels with private pools, volcano-beach-rainforest views, and awesome local food. Can't wait!

• I had a good appointment with my therapist yesterday, she's glad I'm doing well and making progress
  • My cat is sooooo snuggly in the morning, she's the best thing to wake up to
  • I talked with the guy I like for awhile yesterday
  • I did a DIY giveaway on here, dropped off DIYs for 2 people so far, still have one more person to go, waiting till they're ready for me to drop them off :)
  • A good friend of mine is getting a Nintendo Switch next week, which will be nice because we can add each other and play games. They're getting back into Pokémon which is exciting because it's one of my, maybe even my favorite franchises of all time as well. So we can trade Pokémon and battle each other :)

- The Mavs did it! They beat the Lakers yesterday 128-110. The Jazz also lost to the Clippers, so we gained more ground above them.
- I got Venti in my first 10 roll yesterday in Genshin Impact. I'm so excited to start using him. :D
- Work is going great so far today.
- I'm going to martial arts practice tonight.
- The Mavs play against the Cleveland Cavaliers tonight. Should be a good game.

This is very minor, but it was a great start to my day, and it made me incredibly happy. For context, I have two cats who I endearingly refer to as "the meanie" and "the lovebug" (you may guess why). For the most part "the meanie" loves to be on his own and do his own thing, he loves to play fetch, and he has a huge personality BUT he rarely likes to be petted/carried/touched by people. Well, after I fed them and changed out their water bowl, I went to lay down on the couch and "the meanie" came over to me, hoped onto the couch and laid on top of my chest while purring and asking for pets 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 Y'all, my heart melted and I felt so loved by this little creature who usually prefers to be on his own (ofc, this only lasted around 10-15 minutes, but it still made my day!)

I attended a lecture today that might alter the planned trajectory of my career. I stayed behind and had a chat with the speaker after, we talked projects, and she suggested we get a coffee sometime and discuss it further. I've already hit her up with an email to set a date. Super excited to see how this pans out! :D

Back