• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well again last night.
- The weather was nice and sunny again today. It's supposed to rain tonight, which I'm fine with as long as I don't have to go out in it.
- I went into the office again today and saw some more familiar faces for the first time in 2 and half years.
- I'm caught up on all of my high priority work finally so I was able to spend some time today on lower priority things that stress me out when they start to pile up.
- I took a walk on my morning break and got to read during my lunch break.
- I got to leave work early and had a really good massage therapy session.
- I had a really tasty cheeseburger for dinner.
- My work week is half way over already.

I got to volunteer at the library for two hours today! It was my first shift, so I was introduced to the other people there and received an orientation. Most of the librarians were really nice. Plus I got some reading time in while I waited for more Summer Reading participants.

I got to see some new art of one of my favorite characters!! And it made another nice addition to my desktop wallpaper collection~
I pre-ordered some cute little merch sets as my birthday/Christmas gift to myself for this year! ^^ Ordered four and I should be getting at least three of them—the proxy service I use has to check and see if one of them will be okay for international shipping, so fingers crossed. 🤞
Played DQVIII for just a teensy bit today, but it was enough to find Stella from IX for the second time! She only appears very rarely and then only once per real-time day, in a random-colored dress, and you have to get photos of her in each color as part of a sidequest. 😅 I'm at 2/5 now though!
I made a little more progress on my new Slime Rancher ranch this evening too! I'm definitely too used to playing with everything maxed out though, I've already blacked out twice ahahaha.

Froggies in shelf?!? 😱
You bet! I love frogs and amphibians/reptiles in general 😁🌱🐸🐢🐊🦎🐍🐉🦕🦖💚

I'm happy this morning because I had a good night's sleep, and when I stepped out into the yard I saw one of my neighbors munching on some foliage: baby bun bun! 🐇🌳🌷🌿☘️ that always puts me in a good mood.

Only one more sleep until I leave for Belgium! 😁 Fingers crossed it works out this time,,

I did a 20 minute HIIT workout last night, I'm happy I've been keeping up with my exercise, it's improved my mood so much and helps me sleep better at night!

Today has been another good day despite the very hot weather, baked a frozen chocolate twist pastry and it was really good 🤗

I'm really happy about the progress I made in my Tomodachi Life game! I feed my Miis everyday, and my goal is to get at least one special reaction a day, and today I gave Eddy a baked potato and he hated it. XD I also got three out of four trash foods in a short amount of time! I got the ruined meal, spoiled milk, and banana peel. Now I'm only missing the moldy bread! Greg and Lucia also got married, so I now have a total of six married couples. ^^

I feel that. It took forever for Pancetti to leave my town on New Leaf. And every time she had the thinking bubble to leave and I'd be like adios! She was like 'Nah you want me to stay, I can tell.'

Not a very eventful day, but I did find time to exercise after work. It's nice to keep up with it. It's been kind of an unofficial New Years resolution. I don't do them, but I started this year so it kind of feels like it is.
I hated it in new leaf when the villagers did that, it made no sense 💢

So, I just heard that the emails for the first batch of Q3 of Steam Decks just went out a few hours ago. I'll have to have my spouse check his email tonight. (we ordered each others on our accounts for some reason..) So I am pretty excited that mine very well could be on it's way now. I really miss using a handheld device and it will be nice to have one that actually runs my tiny little games I like playing just fine.

Beyond the fact I had to restart ACNH again... I ended up running into a map that had the resident services lined up with the airport. I wasn't looking for that feature, but hey it showed so I chose that one. Sorry Plucky, I'll just have to hunt for you later. Bonus for resident services to not be close either. With it being a southern mouth river map, I have room to move the river between the two buildings to make a little cliff near the front of the island to the side for the rivers to come down from so most of my Island can be flat and open for extra room. I still miss my old island's other features, but this kinda makes up for it for me. I ended up naming it Oak Harbor which I thought sounded pretty neutral and awesome. And I ended up with Tammi and Teddy for my villagers. So it's nice to not have villagers I really dislike.

I shipped out that package and updated the tracking information with eBay so I can get paid.
I spent a bit of time playing video games and enjoying my day off. I have off tomorrow, as well.
I got through a meeting that I had on Discord — I can’t get into specifics, but it went very well.

It was my first time using voice chat with a forum (not TBT) member and being self-conscious of my voice it was a big step.
I’m living for the entries to the Celebrating Diversity 2022 Event. I love seeing the designs, too.

• Had another dentist appointment today, it went well. The hygienist and dentist are very friendly, so that helps a little with my anxiety which is really severe when I'm there. I have one again tomorrow to get the root canal started, glad to be getting all of this taken care of finally
  • Took a nice nap earlier
  • Was able to focus enough to read for an hour
  • Had some french fries!
  • Watched Pokémon, I finished with Journey's now I'm on Master Journeys :)
  • I beat Avalugg in Pokemon Legends Arceus the other night, the last noble Pokemon. So now I can get started on the last part of the game.
  • Finished season 1 of Bridgerton and enjoyed it, so I'm probably gonna start season 2 tomorrow
  • Took a relaxing shower tonight

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept deeply again last night.
- It was a busy but not too stressful day at work.
- I got to read during my lunch break.
- I took a walk during my afternoon break.
- It rained in the afternoon, but by the time I was ready to leave work it had stopped. Yay!
- I had a chocolate milkshake after dinner tonight.
- I'm really close to finishing my book. I'm hoping to read the final chapter tonight.
- Tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend.

I woke up earlier than planned today and still felt pretty rested! With the extra time that got me I was able to make some good progress in my new Slime Rancher playthrough, so win-win!
We cleared out and donated a lot more stuff today! I finally got rid of lots of toy playsets from when I was little, as well as a huge dinosaur rocking horse that, while admittedly awesome, I don't think I'll really be using anymore at this point. 😅 There's still a ton of stuff to go through, but we've already opened up a lot more space, and I'm happy that some other kids will get to enjoy some of my favorite childhood things!
My tuxie kitty has been super extra snuggly with me for the past couple days?? 😭 I don't know if it's just a mood he's in or if he's sensing that I'm more stressed out than usual, but he's just been an absolute sweetheart. Most of the time, anyway...
Played DQVIII for a few minutes and was able to find Stella in a third color! Had to reset once, but thankfully it didn't take me too long the second time either.
Also played a little bit of Style Savvy: Styling Star to wind down this evening and earned a couple more of the in-game achievements!
I got to see even more new artwork of a few of my favorite characters!

I'M MOVING ON TO CLERKSHIP!!!!!!

God I was SO ANXIOUS I was going to take removals for this one subject, but our professor said she sent emails already to people who were for removals and I didn't get anything. It's been like 12 hours since the memo so I assume I'm in the clear and I passed?? I'm so happy!!! 😭

I'm going to have longer shifts at the hospital soon, which means I'll be more tired, but the idea of helping out in the hospital feels like something I was made to do. I'm a little scared ofc, but as my friend said, comfort is the enemy of growth. I'll definitely learn much along the way 🙂

I'm also excited for today, I'm going on a road trip with my family for the weekend! It feels nice being outside my apartment after a few weeks of not being able to go out bc of school. Definitely a breath of fresh air 😌

Back