• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I was feeling pretty down today but I've spent the last like 15-20 minutes listening to voice clips from Mario Golf on the gamecube and it's some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard. really made my evening. also happy to know that there are people out there who do support me and my LGBT+ status and don't make me feel bad abt it :blush:

Similar to my last post about Pokemon, @Alienfish got me back into Pokemon Go! I was able to find my old account, and quickly leveled up from 19 to 21. I also managed to win a raid battle! I love it when my friends get me back into old hobbies! :D
nice! if you want to add me on there you can PM me your friend code (I'm not super active but I try to remember to send gifts!)
also @Alienfish you can add me too!

It's been a good day for me today. Yay!
  • Feel free to skip this point. As I was driving somewhere in the neighborhood for a bit, I saw a Nissan 240Z! Apparently, cars made by Nissan and exported by them from 1956 to 1986 were known as Datsuns. Since this particular car I saw was produced within those years, it would be called the Datsun 240Z outside of the Japanese market!
  • I watched the 2022 Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix! It was televised, so I didn't have to eat someone's shoe thankfully haha. It was a little boring, to be honest, but there were a few battles in the midfield, and it got a little intense near the end due to a close battle for the win.
  • So a new forum event has started and I already have a few ideas on what to do! What's funny is that I was thinking about the celebrating diversity event from last year and what do you know, there's another one for this year. I'm excited to see other people's submissions in the coming days! My art project may have to take a backseat for a little bit.
  • Speaking of my art project, I ended up getting a few things done from my checklist and have just passed 70% completion because of it! 5% more and I'll be 3/4ths of the way through since starting in late March. 😭
I was feeling pretty down today but I've spent the last like 15-20 minutes listening to voice clips from Mario Golf on the gamecube and it's some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard. really made my evening. also happy to know that there are people out there who do support me and my LGBT+ status and don't make me feel bad abt it :blush:
I hope you don't mind me replying to you Bug, but I saw one of your posts in the what's bothering you thread a little while ago and felt sad about what you were dealing with. I'm glad you're feeling a little better now. And I probably don't need to say this, but you definitely have my full support for who you are! If there's someone treating you (and other people) like trash, I will personally march down to them, and present a powerpoint listing 2,147,483,647 reasons why you deserve to be loved as a human being. If you're feeling down, feel free to talk to any one of us on here (and me of course!). 💙

I was off work for both days this weekend which does not often happen for me and I happened to have two pretty good days 😌

Saturday 🕵️‍♀️
I got to collect my mail, my package of the correct tips for my drawing stylus which means I can draw again! Went to the Dollarstore to get a couple of things and I treated myself to some candy because I can never resist. I also finished the Sherlock Holmes game I was playing and I really enjoyed it.

Sunday 🛍️
Went out for a bit of shopping today and found some sandals that I can wear to a wedding I'm attending next weekend. I attempted to make a mushroom and broccoli pasta dish for dinner and it turned out pretty decently! I then took myself on a really nice long walk around the neighbourhood.

I'm happy about the new forum event that started today!! I've been looking forward to the next one since the egg hunt, and I had a lot of fun working on my entry today. ^^ I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's villager designs too!
My dad liked his Father's Day gifts!
I played a little bit of Style Savvy: Styling Star this evening too, and managed to get a couple more of the in-game achievements!

- I used my crazy good writing skills to write a heartfelt letter for my dad for Father's Day.

- We went out to dinner at a nice restaurant and I had fajitas. It was a place my mom used to go.

- The constant support of my partner and friends is amazing.

- I changed the kitty's litter box and gave them a whole new bowl of food since they were all out.

- I was watching a scene from Naruto Shippuden and it just made me think about my mom. Specifically the scene where Gaara confronts his reanimated father in the war arc, and his father reveals that his mother loved him and continues to protect him even after death. It was very relatable and comforting, in a way.

I was sitting down at a gas station yesterday and someone told me they liked my hair. They also referred to me as a person, I guess to avoid misgendering me. It made me smile.
I bought this girl I like her favorite slushie because she was having a bad day and she loved it?? She was so happy and I can’t believe I had the guts to do that.
I finished and posted my entry to the event last night!
I have a package coming in the mail tomorrow.

Its weird because its usually the opposite way. My older sister likes to copy me by liking the games and some things that I like. Everytime I want her to play a game with me but she says its too boring or dumb but then she plays it herself with her online "friends". Been happening for years but I like it how she's like that but same time I don't. I think its funny and I feel good that I've always been more mature and most responsible. Strange how the youngest is like the oldest. But I'm happy about it(ofc not about the gaming part) but still.

• I got my fillings and stuff at the dentist today, my front teeth look so much better, I can smile without feeling horribly self conscious like I was for a very long time , here's a pic (I know my teeth aren't the whitest, I'm a coffee drinker, but there's no huge cavities now and the broken tooth in front was fixed as well, so I'm happy with it, I have a few more appointments to take care of my teeth in the back) Sorry about the sideways pic
F4F2CAA1-4B2C-4610-AF16-40CB6A854B49.jpg
  • I filled out and submitted a job application to the library, so I'm hoping I hear something back, if not I'll apply to other places around here, just keep applying till I get something :)
  • I'm having some French fries later!
  • Have been decorating some homes in HHP

• I got my fillings and stuff at the dentist today, my front teeth look so much better, I can smile without feeling horribly self conscious like I was for a very long time , here's a pic (I know my teeth aren't the whitest, I'm a coffee drinker, but there's no huge cavities now and the broken tooth in front was fixed as well, so I'm happy with it, I have a few more appointments to take care of my teeth in the back) Sorry about the sideways pic
  • I filled out and submitted a job application to the library, so I'm hoping I hear something back, if not I'll apply to other places around here, just keep applying till I get something :)
  • I'm having some French fries later!
  • Have been decorating some homes in HHP
Fingers crossed the library will accept you! 🤞😁

Impromptu coffee date today when my girlfriend messaged me to say she was getting off work early. She treated me to a matcha frappe from Starbucks. 🖤

Also managed to snag a bottle of the limited edition Father's Day day shower gel Glitch from Lush when I popped in for shampoo. Treated my girl to a rainbow bath bomb too because hey what better way to celebrate pride? 🏳️‍🌈

I'm also slightly in love with this long-sleeve playsuit I bought today. Brown isn't usually a colour I would go for but I love how it looks!
20220620_155000.jpg

went back to Goodwill and while I was sad to hear that they suddenly have no open positions available (didn't even say why, I like to think they thought someone would be a better candidate than I would lmfaooo) I did find some more great plushies! I found a fennec fox plush that looks like it's pretty well loved but still in good condition (I might try to hand wash it with some soapy water), a pinto horse that's basically in perfect condition and made really well, as well as a Webkinz Cheeky Monkey for a friend of mine.
a few days ago I got the idea that I could possibly work as a lifeguard at the local YMCA, I've never been a lifeguard before but I can swim pretty well. I went in today and they happened to have a part-time position open for lifeguard and swim instructor so I got a paper application and I'm gonna fill it out today/tomorrow.
have some more ideas for youtube videos, including playing Mario Kart Double Dash and MKWii's CTGP. I'm hoping if I keep uploading I can get more views, right now my views are pretty pitiful lol.
I found my he/him pronoun pin today after I couldn't find it for a few days, and I wore it with pride while I was out and about earlier!
I have an idea for the celebrating diversity art contest so I might start that tonight or tomorrow.
I have plans to go to the local public pool with my friend (whom I went swimming with a few days ago) this Friday, the weather will be really nice and it's close by so we won't have to drive far, and she'll have someone watching her baby so we can just go hang out for a while 😁
I had a birthday coupon from McDonalds to get a free bakery item, so I went and got a cinnamon roll today. it was actually really good!

I decided to buy all of three Hellsing Deluxe Edition books on Amazon thanks to it running a sale and finally got the last one today, so I can't wait to read them all when I have the chance. I also got all three John Wick movies for free thanks to the sale and will be watching them soon.

I found my favorite candy at Walmart once again and I'm happy I can enjoy them overtime.

- We have an exercise room here, but I haven't used it in awhile. Well starting today I got back into exercising (outside of martial arts). I did the treadmill, pull-ups, weights, and planks, and I plan on doing more tomorrow. I had to start at a lower speed on the treadmill since I haven't worked out in awhile, but I know from having an athletic body and working out several years ago that I'll be able to work myself up to higher speeds and distances. 💪 😤

- I've finally won some battles in Pokemon Go and have caught some new Pokemon such as Machamp, Throh, Swirlix, and Oranguru. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

- Have also been working my way through Fire Emblem Heroes and the newest story battles, and I haven't lost a single lunatic battle so far in the newest chapter thanks to my legendary heroes team (that has Vantage and other specialized skills).

- I'm glad I had the day off from work today. I really needed it, and it's a day that should have been made an official holiday a long time ago, imo.

Today I'm happy because:

- I continue to sleep really well and I got to sleep in this morning.
- The weather was lovely again today.
- I had a nice relaxing walk with my dog this afternoon.
- I had the day off from work and it was really enjoyable.
- This whole weekend has been really good.
- I'm enjoying everyone's entries for the Diversity event. You are all wonderful just for being you!

Here's my semi-daily post for today:
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 to win a race... Though I had to get really desperate on the final lap since I was running very low on fuel and had to take extreme measures to get to the end. Moreover, I had opponents fast approaching and had to block them aggressively so they couldn't pass me. Mind you this was against the AI. If I was facing other people, I wouldn't be doing this at all and only have myself to blame. Anyway, one somehow managed to overtake me with a few corners to go, and I just had to nudge them out of the way since I didn't want my efforts to be all for nothing. I don't wanna waste another 20 minutes playing catch-up to the leader which takes some time to do, especially when there's a running theme with me spinning out on the final corner on the final lap regardless of what racing game I play. I'll be a bit cleaner next time. And I just exposed myself to being a bad virtual driver. Feel free to roast me. 😂
  • I managed to get some progress done on my art project. Quite a few things in fact! This should make up for the time I'm going to use for working on my piece for the forum event.
  • Speaking of the forum event, it makes me happy reading through people's entries once again. @/xara's post in particular hit me hard when it came to validating one's feelings because I don't get the same treatment from my parents if I even shed one single tear, which rarely happens. I miss you so much, xara. 🥺
  • I'm currently working on my piece for the celebrating diversity event and am taking my sweet time to finish it. I want the drawing to be the best it can be within my abilities, and I'm liking it so far even in the rough stages. Dare I say it looks a little cute even! I recently watched a few art tips videos and I may have figured out why a part of the anatomy in my drawing looks wonky. It just clicked and it already feels like I made a small improvement applying the tips I learned. :)

Edit: I forgot one more thing. While doing my art project, I was listening to some of the soundtracks from Zelda BotW again. It felt nostalgic as it's actually been a long time since I've last heard them! A part of me wishes I want to experience the game all over again for the first time.

Last edited:
I made and shared fanart today of a Twitch streamer I watch a lot. He pulled it up on stream and loved it. It was awesome to get a live reaction of him looking at it as well as seeing other people in the chat finding it funny. I'm a pretty casual artist so it's really cool to get compliments from people calling my art "clean" and that it's "really good". My art style is a bit odd where I color first and add the lines second, so usually my pieces only take a couple hours like this one.

HylianDescent Stardew Late Night Smelting.png

One of the otome artbooks/fanbooks I ordered earlier this month came in today!! ;v; It's for a sequel that isn't out in English yet, so I'm going to wait until that's out before I look through it, but I'm really happy to have it in advance. At least I can admire the pretty artwork of my fave on the back cover for now hehe
I worked in a good last few rounds of Fall Guys today! A lot of free-to-play type games wind up stressing me out, so I thought it would be for the best to call it good now, before they make the switch to that gameplay model. I had a lot of fun with the silly little bean game though! ^^
I beat the final boss in DQVIII and got Medea's normal ending!! Going to go for the postgame and her true ending next, and then go for both of Jessica's. I really enjoyed it, even though final boss fights tend to leave me feeling a little shaky afterwards. 😅 They really switched up the standard DQ final boss formula too, so I was pretty surprised ahahah.

This morning, a calm and somewhat hot morning, I'm happy because I decided to go out for a walk around the neighborhood, even if it was just a few blocks, and during my walk I listened to some of my favorite music, namely Dewford Town and other tracks from the soundtrack of Pokémon RSE. Also during my walk I saw a bus stop sign and below it was a sign that read, "Route 311" and instantly that brought a smile to my face, since I was at that moment listening to Pokémon music, and it made me feel like the Pokémon world is part of our real world, too. I am such a damn nerd 😂

I stopped by the local Stop 'n' Shop supermarket and bought a few things for the house, and a few snacks for myself too, in case I get the munchies during the evening as I sometimes do. Having something to snack on available in the house, even if I don't snack every day and it's just sitting there most of the time, gives me a sort of peace of mind I really like.

I spotted a darling baby squirrel 🐿️ and an adorable baby bunny 🐇 but sadly I couldn't snap a pic of either one on my phone because they bolted the moment they saw me. They know not to stick around when there's a stranger nearby lol

Then lastly, on my way back home, I passed by a house and an elderly man sitting outside his porch with his dog waved hello at me with a smile, so I did the only natural, friendly thing and waved back. It's nice to know the people around here are neighborly, but not overly so. Just a quick hello in passing and you never know, that might be enough to make someone's day.

Back