• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I finished the book I was reading last night. It got sooo good towards the end.
- I slept pretty well again.
- I had a relatively easy day of work.
- Someone came to me for help at work and at first I didn't think I was going to be much use, but I ended up figuring out the problem!
- I had a good visit with my chiropractor today. She says she can feel the difference when she does my adjustments.
- The weather was hot but still nice today.
- I saw a squirrel in my backyard.
- I got a nice message from @Mr_Keroppi to brighten my day again.
- It's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend!

I'm really proud of myself for getting so much done today. I'm surprised I was able to do much of anything, all things considered, but I accomplished a lot and I don't think I pushed myself too hard either.
The last otome artbook I ordered arrived!! ;v; It's another one I'm going to wait to look through properly, but I can still enjoy seeing my fave on the cover and I'm just really happy to have it on my shelf. My otome artbook/fanbook collection should now finally be complete!! For now at least lol
I completed the first two Dragovian trials in DQVIII, found Stella in a fourth dress color (I just need one more now!), and had some fun just hanging out and level-grinding for a bit. I even got a really rare item drop that I needed to make one of the best swords in the game!! 😭
My tuxie kitty got in my lap again and wouldn't let me get ready for bed, so I played Style Savvy: Styling Star for a bit while he snoozed. 😅 I'm up a bit later than I meant to be as a result, but hey, it's the weekend.

Not a very eventful day, but still a few things to talk about:

I slept very well last night, and despite being awake at the moment, I did get plenty of sleep before work tomorrow. I’ll likely get in a few more hours, as well.
I finally got the chance to try that Poolside Punch slush from Dairy Queen. It was delicious and tasted exactly how I expected it would. It was very refreshing in the hot weather.
The Tampa Bay Lightning remain alive in the Stanley Cup Final. I was able to listen in on a live stream of one of my favorite hockey YouTubers. It’s nice that this series could potentially still go to seven games.

finally got my indoor swing hung up on the ceiling and it's so nice to just slowly swing back and forth. hoping this will help ease the anxiety I've been feeling lately.

also looked at the most recent diversity contest entries and they just absolutely warm my heart I can't even 🤧💕

Bought Minecraft recently and fell in love with it. I especially loved the frogs so much I built a secret shrine spot for them!

16561979562394687563023621541004.jpg

I got to play a ton of DQVIII today! I was finally able to get a photo of Stella in her last dress color, completed three more Dragovian Trials, and cleared Rank X in the Monster Arena!
I haven't mentioned this recently, but I'm still really enjoying looking through everyone's entries in the Celebrating Diversity event! c: There's just so many creative, heartfelt villager designs and bios.
I watched the first episode of GeminiTay's new Empires SMP series today with my parents! I love the concept/aesthetic she's going for this time.

The pull-out bed portion of our IKEA couch broke a while back, and we’ve been procrastinating on getting it fixed/replaced. Finally called IKEA and it turns out our couch has a 10 year warranty, so they replaced the broken part for free, and now we have a working couch bed for cozy gaming again. Yay!

I found Egbert with one ticket. Talk about luck. However after 11 tickets I'm still searching for Molly. I wish it was easier to get NM tickets in early game. For some reason to me, it feels like a slower process than it was in the earlier years of ACNH. To bad we can exchange some bells for miles like you can exchange miles for bells.
Also, I had a frozen yogurt today from Sam's Club. I wish it was more popular around here. It simply doesn't compare to ice cream. We use to have a Menchi's not far from here, but it closed down before covid for some reason. It was make your own frozen yogurt cups. They had all kinds of flavors and toppings, if that's your thing. Very clean place. They even had two new flavors every month. But I guess frozen yogurt isn't as liked as ice cream around here for some reason. I hear it's better for you.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- After a couple of rough days, things were a bit better today.
- My husband and I played a couple of games together. I dominated in Super Puzzle Fighter II and he did in the original Darkstalkers but it was a lot of fun.
- I got the Summer Strawberry Salad from Wendy's again and a Strawberry Frosty.
- We don't have an implementation planned this week at work so I'm expecting a fairly easy work week with some time to get caught up on other things.

- Despite not having a great weekend, I did finish pretty much everything I wanted to finish.

- I also hatched an egg for the first time in Pokemon Go, and it ended up hatching into one of my favorite Pokemon, Alolan Vulpix (of which I have a plushie of in real life)! Thank you, @Alienfish !

553h8rG.jpg

- I managed to up my talents some more for my team in Genshin Impact. This team is really coming together well. I also achieved my first level 10 talent with Yoimiya! :D

JASwdJe.jpg

zgTJqnc.png

5nEx01i.png

97rV0nT.jpg

- I also got a lot of sleep this weekend. :giggle:

My mom and I got my dad caught up to where we were at in Spy x Family, so we all got to watch Episode 10 today! ^^
I made some more really good progress in DQVIII! I've cleared all of the Dragovian Trials now (that final/bonus one was... something, but I got through it) and completed the Defeated Monster List, and I think I'm all set up to take on the final post-game dungeon next time too.

My mom and I got my dad caught up to where we were at in Spy x Family, so we all got to watch Episode 10 today! ^^
I made some more really good progress in DQVIII! I've cleared all of the Dragovian Trials now (that final/bonus one was... something, but I got through it) and completed the Defeated Monster List, and I think I'm all set up to take on the final post-game dungeon next time too.

Spy x Family is next for me to watch. I'm so behind, but at least I'll be able to binge the entire first season without stopping. I've heard such great things about it, so I'm looking forward to watching it myself. I hope you guys enjoyed it! :D

Spy x Family is next for me to watch. I'm so behind, but at least I'll be able to binge the entire first season without stopping. I've heard such great things about it, so I'm looking forward to watching it myself. I hope you guys enjoyed it! :D
I haven't been keeping up with recent anime hardly at all lately, but I was hearing so many good things about it that I had to make an exception, and I'm so glad I did! ^^ It's super cute and funny; I really hope you'll enjoy it!

I stayed inside since it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit today, but I did a few things!

- I ate some tasty naan and chicken korma from an Indian food cart.
- I played some visual novels.
- I drank a nice cold brew coffee to cool off.
- I caught up on some reading! Half was on a paper book while the rest was done on my e-reader.

I love the hours before an event ends so we can see the surplus of creative works people have been working on. I really enjoyed reading all of the entries.
Hockey is unfortunately over but this was a good season. My team exceeded expectations of basically everyone and the future is damn bright.
I didn’t sleep well the past two nights but I will get a lot more sleep tonight.

Spy x Family is next for me to watch.
I’ll have to put that down on my list of things to watch. I’ve heard about it and sounds interesting. The fact that it’s still pretty early I can watch along with the other fans.

Back