• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

@S.J. Haha, yeah I learned that a while back when I was planning this. I wanted one more so because it's one of the few cacti that would do well enough with my region's weather. Pruning and taking care of it may be a nightmare though, but I think it'd be fun. I've never had them, but I kind of like growing whatever I can.

In the picture, I have blueberry row, a grape vineyard, and a ton of squash/tomatoes. The yellow flowers are marigolds and they're supposed to act as deterrents from pests. They actually do work well enough. Thanks for the cool tips!

♡ My look-alike and Nick (I've said this multiple times and will say it again, my Wii Sports crush) had a baby in Tomodachi Life and it's actually cute?? I decided to name her Kimberly. 🥺
1656970065080.png
♡ Played a lot of WSR Basketball Pickup Game and got to PRO level! 🏀 (It's about time, I was getting like 20-50 experience points per game, which was at least three minutes long depending if I restarted or not.) I may not get to Tommy today like I wanted, but I'm just glad I reached one of my Wii Sports goals!
♡ I found a cool remix of the Swordplay Showdown theme on YouTube and it sounds epic! ⚔️ It was made a month ago too, so I'm glad there's still WSR content despite the game being over a decade old.

♡ We got new collars for the puppies and they look super cute in them. I also got to cuddle with one on the couch earlier. 🐶
♡ Today is the birthday of my favorite AC villager, Apollo! 🦅
♡ Got to watch some Vinesauce and Poofesure today. 😁

I was listening to the radio in my car yesterday and was surprised by an advertisement for a Train concert in my area??? No one famous ever comes near where I live so I was honestly quite shocked. I normally never make plans that are super spontaneous (or expensive), but the tickets were selling fast so I threw caution to the wind. My brother and I are going to see them on Thursday and it’s been awhile since I’ve been looking forward to something like this 🤩

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept very deeply and well last night and I got to sleep in this morning.
- I didn't have to work today.
- I had a good day at home with my husband and my dog.
- My husband and I played some more fighting and puzzle games together.
- The fireworks haven't been scaring my dog so far tonight.
- @Mr_Keroppi made me a gorgeous banner featuring some of my favorite things! It turned out amazing! Thank you so much! 💚🐸💚
Lady Destani Background 2!.jpg

I earned another achievement in Style Savvy: Styling Star! I've also started a New Game+, since I'll be using the strategy involving that for the last two money-related achievements, which should be the hardest of the remaining three that I need. I think I'm fairly close to the third one now too.
I also started playing Dragon Quest IV on mobile today, and I'm currently about midway through Chapter One! I originally played it on the DS many years ago, so I'm both really excited that this version has the translated party chat that was sadly cut from the English DS release, and enjoying the nostalgia. ;v;

I am counting down the days until the fair. It will be my first fair, but from what I’ve heard, they’re lots of fun.
I have two packages all filled out and ready to be shipped for Ebay.
I had a nice day at work. I got lots of cleaning done. I like how my job allows me to work at my own pace.
I saw and walked Keagan today. He was being very good despite the loud fireworks.
C1936AC9-FC41-4B88-A046-731F6F8A19B7.jpeg

3EBE8EE0-2839-4D6C-B798-25C3F1DB998D.jpeg

Today I'm happy because:

- I'm still sleeping pretty well at night. I love my sleep.
- The thunderstorm we had today passed quickly and I didn't have to go out in it.
- I completed all the tasks I planned on finishing for work today and I didn't have to work overtime.
- I spent a nice evening with my husband and my dog. My dog snuggled with me on the couch.
- I'm making progress on my novel, typing up some of my hand-written sections and coming up with new scenes.
- I get to read more of my book tonight. I'm really enjoying it.

A coworker brought these in for us to try, and I’m in love with the mango one. She ended up giving it to me, but they aren’t sold at very many places around here. I may end up sending this picture to my grandma because she can find anything, lol. The strawberry one is okay, but not my favorite flavor.
7E583418-84E0-4CAE-993B-4F239DD1A8C0.jpeg
I ended up being off work today anyway. I’m actually excited to be working a few morning shifts, despite being a night owl. Or so I thought? I also get to see my favorite person on Thursday because she’s the night shift for my job position that day.
I had a few of those holiday sugar cookies and I love those. My favorite part is that once the holiday is over, they are hugely discounted.
40C88940-5934-4982-83F1-2F54E86E9E83.jpeg

• Took a 40 minute walk downtown this morning, sat down outside the train station at a bus stop just to watch the pigeons eating some bread someone put out for them. They're so cute :)
  • Got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, then afterward did some weights and resistance band exercises
  • Sat outside in my apartment building's courtyard for awhile this afternoon and looked through my London travel guidebook (taking a trip there in 3 years :) )
  • Played fetch with one of my cats :)
  • Had a really good lunch!
  • Watching an episode of Supernatural
  • Have the whole rest of the day to do whatever I want
  • Tomorrow is my friend's birthday, I bought a gift for him so hopefully he likes it, we're hanging out and he's gonna teach me how to play the Digimon TCG, should be a fun day!
  • Oh also, almost forgot, a package I ordered was delivered today, some clothing items I bought

The best years are ahead of me 🙂

Also there was this great song on YouTube I was listening to today.

There are pixel artists on Twitter who made great animal people sceneries that give me animal crossing vibes if it existed pre-gamecube. Looking at stuff like that just makes me happy.

My steam deck is on its way.

I am redoing my kitchen, as it is old and falling apart. It's been a lot of work and hasn't been cheap, but I plan on living here for a while and it needed upgrades. It took a lot of time to take apart all the old stuff and it looks weird with everything being hallow frames, but it will look great when I put in the new cabinets and countertop.

Got lot of ship cannons in NH. Almost done with the base on my island. I love how the arena turned out.
Nice! That's awesome! I've had that idea in the back of my head for a while. Will be awesome to see your version whenever it is ready!
Got on the treadmill for 30 minutes, then afterward did some weights and resistance band exercises
Nice way to go with the healthy hobby! I've been wanting to do some more exercises to. I've been doing mostly upper body and some light leg exercises since someone ran over my foot and it's messed up pretty bad and hurts to put a lot of weight and pressure on it lol.

• my doggy
• Sour cream & onion chips
• Will Smith
• Agave nectar
• Sonic
Without a lot of context this is kind of funny to imagine. Glad you had some good highlights to your day!

For only my second morning shift at work, it went amazingly well. I have another morning shift tomorrow, and waking up earlier is actually not too bad.
My dad is ordering Domino’s tonight. Admittedly, I’m not a huge pizza fan, but I love breadsticks.
I saw an old coworker of mine that I worked with at one of my former jobs. She comes in very often to my current work. She’s a very sweet lady.
I received a commission I ordered on Fiverr. It has a few variations that I’m still experimenting with, but I do love it. It’s in my signature, if anyone wants to see it.

I am redoing my kitchen, as it is old and falling apart. It's been a lot of work and hasn't been cheap, but I plan on living here for a while and it needed upgrades. It took a lot of time to take apart all the old stuff and it looks weird with everything being hallow frames, but it will look great when I put in the new cabinets and countertop.

Nice! That's awesome! I've had that idea in the back of my head for a while. Will be awesome to see your version whenever it is ready!

Nice way to go with the healthy hobby! I've been wanting to do some more exercises to. I've been doing mostly upper body and some light leg exercises since someone ran over my foot and it's messed up pretty bad and hurts to put a lot of weight and pressure on it lol.

Without a lot of context this is kind of funny to imagine. Glad you had some good highlights to your day!
I'll eventually share my island dream. I haven't done it at all because island isn't finished. Been stuck on what to do with a small part on my island.

I got an Ikea neiden bed off of fb marketplace for $30, and then I built it and felt accomplished. yaaaay.

I have all kinds of decorating ideas that I can't wait to make reaaaal.

I also did a weird bandaid fix to a pair of jeans I ruined. When hemming them a few weeks back, I accidentally cut them way too short, so I sewed the parts I cut off back on and then hid the stitches by sewing the hem on top of the seam so it looks like they're folded over instead of hemmed. Awkward, but it kind of works.

Back