• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

we got paid yesterday so I'm getting some much needed groceries right now~
after getting up at 6am every day this week I was finally able to sleep in today, and I have the whole day to relax 😊
my baby Miko is getting so big and I just love her sm she's so precious 🤧💞
I found a tie dye shirt with a bunch of Super Mario characters on it so ofc I had to get it!!! two of my favorite things ever!!
Meijer usually sells doritos for $5.59 (ridiculous ik) but they have a 3 for $6 sale right now so like??? yeah im on that lol!
yesterday I got some Japanese candy food kits to try, ive seen videos of people making them and they seem really cool and they're pretty affordable so I'm excited to try that later!
also random but I just saw a Woman's World magazine that said "lose 42 lbs by July 4th" like bruh that's in two days but alright bet 🤣

I BEAT ELISA (AKA THE TENNIS CHAMPION) IN WII SPORTS TENNIS
I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF I FINALLY DID IT 😭
1656796187972.png

My package came wooooooooooo

This package was my new ring holder box. My jewelry box has long been over capacity with my rings, so now I have a box to hold all my silver and one steel ring in. My costume jewelry rings (which is only two) will remain in the jewelry box.

The new holder box holds 100 rings. Any guess as to how many I have?

Not counting my two silicon and my two costume jewelry, I have 70 other rings. Counting those I have 74.

I should probably go ahead and order another box😅

I found a tie dye shirt with a bunch of Super Mario characters on it so ofc I had to get it!!! two of my favorite things ever!!
this is the shirt I got, smallest size they had was large (I usually wear a medium or even small) but idec I heckin love this shirt so much 😭😭💞
20220702-190210.jpg

I JUST CHECKED THE MAIL IS THIS REAL LIFE??? I AM SO HAPPY AND ALSO HAVING A MENTAL BREAK DOWN AT THE SAME TIME OMG-
I JUST OPENED THEM AND SCANNED THEM AND GOT TO GET SO MUCH GEAR!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE EACH ONE OF THESE WAS ONLY 20 DOLLARS!!!!! check ebay for the normal prices and they SCARE me.....
1656804422926.png

- I got to sleep in today.

- Cleaned and organized my room.

- Soaked in the hot tub and it completely healed my arm! It no longer hurts, and I'm back and ready for action! 😎

- My partner has been sweet to me.

- I got some new units in Fire Emblem Heroes!

- Lulu came into my room for headpats. :giggle:

- I used my credit card for the first time to order groceries! Now I can start building credit for when I'm ready to get my own place. :D

- I'm going to watch the second and third episodes of Spy x Family tonight (I didn't get around to it the other day)! 🥳

Today I'm happy because:

- Even though my sleep was broken up every few hours I still slept deeply when I was asleep. Plus I got to sleep in this morning.
- I didn't have to work today because I stayed late to get everything done yesterday.
- I timed our trip to the grocery store perfectly this afternoon. It rained while we were in the store and after we got back home, but not during the times we were traveling back and forth.
- We're making a few minor dietary changes to eat healthier and I'm excited about them.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this evening.
- I finished watching Moriarty the Patriot and it was so good!
- I finally get to relax and enjoy my three day weekend!

My tuxie kitty fell asleep in my lap again today. ;v; He seemed to be having some very exciting dreams—he kicked the heck out of me several times in his sleep, and was talking in his sleep quite a bit too. 😅
Today was a good day for gaming! I earned a few more awards in Style Savvy: Styling Star, and now I've only got four more to go.
I also got to play Legends: Arceus some more! I returned several player satchels, completed a few more requests, and did a lot of exploring with Basculegion! ^^ It really helped fill up my Dex, and I think there's still a few more places I can check out. I also had a hilarious battle with an Alpha Magikarp—it splashed around very mightily indeed. 😂

I’m going to play Pokémon with my favorite person tonight, but I have to train new ones for the occasion.
I picked up this shirt in Vegas a month ago, and I’m loving the colors. Color coordination is key.
23E5AFAB-55D3-4C75-AAA5-675C96943640.jpeg
I was called off work today because it was slow and although I’d love the money, it’s a nice day out.
I took Keagan for a decently long walk and shared chicken nuggets with him.

finally got around to tidying a large chunk of my room!! that in itself wasn't exactly my favourite way to spend time *but* it didn't take me as long as i thought it would and now my room is so nice and tidy! big win
plus one of my favourite streamers went live right as i woke up so the day got off to a good start, and i sat at my desk for a while getting some stuff done that i've been putting off for ages so overall a good day really!

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- My back has been feeling pretty good the past few days.
- I got some personal hygiene things done.
- I had a relaxing day at home with my husband and my dog.
- We made a salad for lunch and it was delicious.
- I saw Ms. Potter the bunny in my backyard again today after not seeing her for a while. She's not even scared of me now. She just kept right on nibbling the grass.
- The TBT Fair was announced and I absolutely love the Enchanted Forest theme!
- I'm looking forward to reading some more tonight.
- I have the day off from work tomorrow!

Two days in one post!

July 2, 2022
  • The weather was pretty nice today!
  • I went on a car stroll. While I was driving on the roads, I saw my dream car in a red colour scheme. 🥺
  • Guess what? I finally reached 75% completion on my art project after completing a couple more things on my checklist! I need to hold out just a little longer because it's looking pretty good!
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 to mess around with another engine swap. Using the same Porsche engine, I put it in a 1966 Volkswagen 1200 (aka the Beetle) and tuned it up to go quicker. With some slipstream, I managed to go over 300 km/h which is absolutely terrifying in real life, especially considering it doesn't have any safety features of the cars today aside from seatbelts. But it's a video game, so I'll just laugh my head off while leaving a McLaren in the dust lol. In fact, here's a clip of me overtaking 19 other cars on the long straight. I even showed this to @/xSuperMario64x because well, he likes Beetles (and that he drives one IRL, but not the one shown here)! If you have an eagle eye, yes, that's Sasha on the back window. And yes, Blathers is freaked out by the Beetle since he hates bugs lol.

July 3, 2022
  • I made some pancakes! I cooked a lot in case my family members want a little more than usual but they didn't, so I totally didn't eat half a dozen pancakes lol. At least it made me full for the rest of the morning!
  • Feel free to skip this point. It's another one of those cars I've already spotted but has been a long time since I've seen it (probably since last year!). The car in question is a Dodge Neon SRT 4! The Neon is pretty uncommon where I live, so it's a treat seeing one again, especially since this one so happens to have a rear wing. Dodge Grand Caravans, on the other hand, can bugger off lol.
  • I got to watch the 2022 Formula 1 British Grand Prix! Unfortunately, I missed most of the race since I had to go somewhere for a bit. However, the latter stages of the race made up for it as things started to get spicy just as I arrived home (my mother had the TV on in the background). The safety car came out for a few laps and after it came in, there were some entertaining battles for the top four positions! The winner of this race is Carlos Sainz, which is his first victory in Formula 1 after 150 races in this sport from what I heard, which is quite a few years! I'm really happy for him since he had so many opportunities to win only for it to slip away numerous times. Plus, Mick Schumacher finished in the top 10 for the first time meaning he earned his first points in Formula 1. I'm also happy for him as he's the son of Michael Schumacher. :) Keep fighting, Michael!
  • I made a little bit of progress on my art project. Nothing completed today, but I'm still getting ever closer to completing it, especially since the TBT Fair has been announced which is starting next month. I was anticipating a forum event would happen in August months in advance, so maybe I should pick up the pace by 1%. It would suck having to juggle between the two and not getting the most out of them.

Liked reading all of your posts! Those are a lot of amiibos Mr_Keroppi, but such a nice collection. You should set aside a spot to properly display them if you have not. Croconaw, I totally get that feeling about work and money, but hey sometimes you just need a day off. Glad that you had one and time to just enjoy it however you wanted.

It took a lot of time, but I finished looping around a section of the garden near my house. It took a lot of white stone and I salvaged what I could of the concrete border bricks. I had to buy some, but they discontinued almost all types except for red. So I had to paint 6 of them white lol. It turned out pretty nice.

I really want to plant a few prickly pears in the new section. They bloom very pretty flowers. The thorns though, I'll probably have to invest in some welder gloves when dealing with them lol.

I never shared a picture of my garden that I always mention...here it is if you want to see it.
Garden4 - Copy.jpg
Garden5 - Copy.jpg

This actually happened yesterday, but I only saw it today—Aksys announced some more upcoming otome games for 2023!! I think I'll definitely be getting Radiant Tale; it sounds really bright and fun, and I love both fantasy settings and more lighthearted otome. ^^ Also, the release date for another one I've already pre-ordered got moved up a little, so I should be getting it a couple weeks sooner than expected!
Side note, but I'm also just happy about the variety of recent and upcoming otome releases! There's darker/angstier titles, lighter/wholesome ones, some previously unreleased fandiscs for older otome... it's really feeling like there's something for every otome fan and I'm glad. Plus, if they were all right up my alley, I'd be totally swamped LOL It's been a largely ignored market in the west for so, so long, but I think that's finally changing.
I checked and all the places I usually get my merch from also ship to Canada!! I still don't know how exactly our move is gonna go and it wouldn't have impacted the decision either way, but I'm just glad I'll be able to keep up with this dear hobby of mine when we do make it up there. I've never handled change well, so any little thing that gets to stay (mostly) the same is a big comfort to me. ;v;
I played both Style Savvy: Styling Star and Legends: Arceus again today! I'm still working towards those last few achievements in Style Savvy, and somehow I found another 1/2048 shiny Roselia in Arceus??? 😭 Her name is Sharon and since I already have my shiny Roserade, I'm going to keep her as a Roselia.
Finally, I'm super excited for the upcoming TBT Fair!! 😄 It'll be my first Fair, and I'm totally in love with the chosen theme for this one too!

Liked reading all of your posts! Those are a lot of amiibos Mr_Keroppi, but such a nice collection. You should set aside a spot to properly display them if you have not. Croconaw, I totally get that feeling about work and money, but hey sometimes you just need a day off. Glad that you had one and time to just enjoy it however you wanted.

It took a lot of time, but I finished looping around a section of the garden near my house. It took a lot of white stone and I salvaged what I could of the concrete border bricks. I had to buy some, but they discontinued almost all types except for red. So I had to paint 6 of them white lol. It turned out pretty nice.

I really want to plant a few prickly pears in the new section. They bloom very pretty flowers. The thorns though, I'll probably have to invest in some welder gloves when dealing with them lol.

I never shared a picture of my garden that I always mention...here it is if you want to see it.

You probably already do, but did you know prickly pear fruit are edible? If you have a gas stove (or something similarly useful), you can pick off the fruit, and then lightly burn the spikes off! The fruit can be eaten raw or cooked, though I've only tried them cooked. Have you tried the fruit before? I agree they're really pretty!

I'm sure whatever you do with your garden will look great; it looks so fantastic! It's so large and you can see how hard you've worked on it. I love the yellow flowers you planted around the outside perimeter!

• I got my new sketchbook, and I started sketching again! It's been a few years since I really sketched anything so I'm not great at it yet but am having fun with it!🎨
  • Getting on the treadmill today, and doing some other exercising as well
  • Got some cleaning done yesterday, proud of myself especially since I really didn't feel like doing it. Will do the rest of the cleaning today
  • Excited because my London travel guidebook I ordered should be delivered tomorrow! (my best friend and I are planning a trip there in a few years)✈️
  • Slept really well, trying to prioritize sleep rather than staying up late to do other things since sleep is just so important for mental and physical health
  • Plan on spending some quality time with my kitties today ❤️
  • Got a lot of reading done yesterday, plan on reading some more today
  • Also got a couple new Kindle books, including the 1st book in the Pokémon Adventures manga series :D 📚
  • Have some blue raspberry scented wax melting in my wax warmer and it smells amazing!
  • Had some coffee w/ hazelnut creamer today and it was really good
  • A new episode of my favorite Pokémon podcast came out today, so I plan on listening to that while I'm on the treadmill

- I have today off of work! Going to continue playing Fire Emblem Heroes and other games, and go to sleep early tonight.

- It's the Fourth of July! I don't know that I'll watch any fireworks, but I AM going to bake some kolaches I've been saving to celebrate. : P

- For anyone who has frequented the Pokemon threads of this forum, they would know that I only have one Pokemon plush left, my Alolan Vulpix Pokemon plush, which I got years ago from ordering from Japan and named it Snowy. I used to have many more Pokemon plushes in the past, but gave them away to some kids that wanted them more. Well today I finally managed to get enough rare candies in Pokemon Go to evolve my Alolan Vulpix into an Alolan Ninetales!! This wasn't possible back in 2016 when I started Pokemon Go, but is now thanks to the addition of lots of new Pokemon. I just thought it was kind of cool how these two things connect together. :D

3nVRgMk.jpg

v0v49zo.jpg

Tw9eGJW.jpg

- It's a very peaceful morning here, which I appreciate. Not any loud or annoying noises aside from the wildlife. :giggle:

Back