• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I got some decent sleep again last night.
- I didn't run into any major issues at work today.
- I took a brisk walk on my morning break.
- I got to read during my lunch break.
- I had a long meeting in the afternoon that actually wasn't boring. We did some team building and communication activities.
- My dog was very happy to see me when I got home.

I earned another achievement in Style Savvy: Styling Star, and now I'm just down to the two remaining money ones! I think it's going to be one heck of a grind, but I'm certainly not stopping now!
I sorted through one of my desk drawers today and cleared up a ton of space! It's quite manageable to look through now; I think I got rid of over half of its previous contents, easily.
My tuxie kitty was just being a total baby this evening?? He spent practically the entire evening sleeping on my lap and it was so sweet. 🥲

- I've been getting better sleep over the past couple days.

- My partner continues to be sweet to me.

- I've learned to tune out my family when they're being annoying. It's made me a lot happier as a result.

- It's nice and sunny outside. Perfect day to use the pool!

- Work is going well.

- I fed the stray kitty yesterday that comes by our house.

qNyGE3U.jpg

RCFvrbW.jpg

- Just in a great mood! :D

My favorite person was upset today but she trusted me enough to tell me what was bothering her. I can’t really do much to help but for her to trust me, it means a lot.
Slightly related to the above point, we are doing an art trade so I’ll have to come up with ideas.
I’m having some beefy melt burritos from Taco Bell as my after work snack.
My local 7-Eleven started selling cotton candy and I find cotton candy delicious.
E8D6D413-DF29-4BF0-BCB3-F820D3855E87.jpeg

I reorganized another of my desk drawers today! I got rid of some more stuff I no longer need, and it's better sorted now too.
I played some more Style Savvy: Styling Star! I'm having fun trying out different options this time, and I can't believe I'm still meeting new customers.
I got back into ACNH today so I can try to catch up in my game before the TBT Fair next month! I'm still in early February. 😅 I got Lily's photo, donated a new genuine painting to the Museum, and found some more new DIYs! The sea pig continues to evade me, however. ;v;
Got a few of the ACNH NSO icon elements for this month!

Honestly, so many good things have been happening that everything seems like a blur.

At work, we have a bonus program every month that if you process a certain amount of items, you get a chance to earn a bonus at the end of every month, with the minimum being a hundred dollars up to the maximum amount of a thousand dollars. Last month was the first month I was able to get into the bonus program when I became a permanent employee and I managed to get the maximum bonus so I can expect the bonus to be on my last check of this month (this is to verify that I indeed hit the numbers so they take the month to process everything). We started the new month of the program last Friday and it only took me a day to get the maximum bonus for the July month and I continue to be ahead so I'm able to help my coworkers while still getting the bonus!

And I'm making plans to finally see my parents after I moved to Vegas within the next month or so!

Honestly I am just glad the weekend is here. We aren't going anywhere this weekend so it should be pretty chill which is gonna help my anxiety I have been having. I am looking forward to watching more Smallville with my spouse. We have watched it a couple of times through before, but the series is still so good.
I am also hoping to find Molly during my hunt I am about to start on. She is really good at evading RNG and throwing Deena infront of herself lol. At this rate, Flick is gonna be broke from me saving the high bell bugs for him during all of this.

• Had our offer accepted for house and got our closing date, yay
  • Baby did a good job running around with me getting house stuff done and let me shower today despite waking up lol
  • Making flatbread later tonight with some chicken, bacon, spinach, red bell peppers yum
  • Resting at home rest of day so yay jammies

• I had a good time at my friend's house yesterday, he liked the gift I got him and he taught me how to play Digimon so we played a few games of that, it was a lot of fun!
  • Got some reading done today
  • I have an appointment next week with an advisor from my college so I can get re-enroll for the upcoming fall semester! It's been a few years since I've taken classes so I'm excited to work on finishing my associates degree
  • Been enjoying reading/looking through my London travel guidebook, can't wait to go there in a few years!

since it's been a few days I'll talk about what's happened from July 4th to today (not including the 6th bc that was a horrible day):

July 4th:
went to the city where I'm interning and I stopped at Goodwill before I had to help set up for their July 4th concert, and I found 8 plushies!! my favorite one that I found was a Webkinz Whimsy Dragon which is in really good condition, he's so adorable and I'm obsessed w him rn :blush: I'm gonna write about them in my plushie blog later today!
I helped set up for their concert and I got to talk to some people I haven't talked to in a few months, felt nice to reconnect with them.
I only stayed for half the concert bc it started in the evening and I didn't want to drive home at night, but from what I got to watch it was really nice!

July 5th:
i met someone on fb dating and we chatted for quite a while, he's also trans-masc and ace so we hit it off pretty easily in that regard. we also have a lot in common, many shared interests and we're both neurodivergent so we have similar struggles. I also gave him a lot of reassurance bc it seems like he's been bullied a lot by family and others, I would never be rude or disrespectful to my friends. I've only known him for a few days but he seems like a really awesome person and if this keeps going well I might just ask him out 😳

July 7th:
went to a friend's house and we played a 35-turn game on Mario Party 1, we haven't played that together in a long time! also got to see her baby (cute and hilarious as always) and meet her cat for the first time, he's really sweet and reminds me of my late cat Xander.
after that I went to a picnic which the newly formed LGBT+ group here held, and I got to meet and connect with some people in the community. I only just met them and I already feel like not only will they always have my back, they are also so friendly and willing to help with whatever I might be dealing with, mental health wise or anything else 🥰
also got my direct deposit from the work I did last week so I'm officially no longer broke yay!!

July 8th, today:
got to go buy a few things I've been wanting/needing, like a new electric toothbrush (along with some whitening toothpaste and fluoride free toothpaste), another Japanese candy food kit (tried some about a week ago and they were really fun to put together), and a ball of pale blue yarn for my next plastic canvas craft!
I found a lil kinz yorkie at goodwill with an unused code! I also found a throw blanket with Mario and Luigi on it at Salvation Army, and it was priced at $5 but the color tag was half off so I got it for $2.67!
every day I see my cats and dog I'm so happy and grateful that they're here with me. Miko especially has made losing Xander somewhat more tolerable. she's such a sweet baby and I feel so blessed to have her in my life.
I wore my Super Mario tie-dye shirt again today (dw I washed it lmao) and I had quite a few people tell me they liked it :blush:
I'm planning on getting another 3DSXL and selling my pink one for parts bc the hinge is busted, so next time I go to the retro game store hopefully they have one I can buy. pretty excited to finally be getting a second 3DS that doesn't scare me when it opens and closes lol :)

if you made it to the end, congrats you're heckin cool 🍰

I've been away for a long time from the forum (except to bump and whatnot) because this fuzzy little guy demanded ALL my attention this past week 🥰🐶💞 he's my niece's dog. I took care of him while she was away on a trip, and I have tons to be happy about thanks to him~ we went on walks, we played with his favorite toys and we even went to the park! And it was especially nice at nighttime when he kept me company, since he always wanted to be by my side and sleep in bed with me ☺️ he was a tremendous joy to have around, but now mom came to pick him up, and I miss him already haha.... 😂 Now, I have time to really get on the computer and focus on my drawing again.

On a random note, I had some mango-flavored Poptarts which I've never even seen before and they were actually really good!
IMG_20220629_185627082_BURST001.jpg

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept decently last night.
- I had a relatively quiet day at work.
- I had a much needed session with my counselor today.
- I got some more salad supplies for this weekend.
- I actually wrote a bit of new material for my novel today. It's the first time in years. I didn't get much done, but it's a start.
- It's Friday and I have the whole weekend ahead of me.
- I just found out that I can have multiple animal encounters at a local aquarium. They have a new baby sloth, an adult sloth, otters, and a porcupine among others! I can't wait to schedule a trip!

It's been a while for me yet again! There was an internet outage across the province I live in (and across Canada apparently?), so it took me a little while to post here. And please ignore the fact I destroyed people's notifications yet again haha.

June 7, 2022
Admittedly, this day didn't get off to a great start. I was feeling really sad after seeing a couple of posts over at the what's bothering you thread the night before. I want to give a huge thanks to @/Venti for letting me talk to him. It put me in a better mood and I really appreciate that not only because of taking the time to do so, but also being honest and understanding. I want to be strong for those users with what they're going through, even if I can't be there for them physically. 😤
  • Played a little bit of Gran Turismo 7 to do some time trials. Unfortunately, the roulette ticket glitch has been patched meaning I can't get multiple engines anymore, but at least I got a lot (and duplicates) before it did. I heard that you can put an engine from a 2020 Honda Civic Type R into a classic MINI Cooper and that sounds hilarious. Can't wait to get a humongous amount of understeer when I apply some gas since it's front-wheel-drive lol.
  • I made more progress on my art project. In fact, I got a couple of things done from my checklist!
  • I went on an evening car stroll with my dad and sister! It's been a while since I last drove in the dark, so I was being hyperaware of my surroundings. On a side note, it's a little fun trying to identify a few cars just from their headlights/taillights alone. These cars have already been mentioned before, but I was able to identify a sixth-generation Ford Mustang and a Lamborghini Aventador from its taillights. The skies were pretty clear and was able to see the moon! Oh, and I vibed to a lot of music while driving. I'll put one of those songs in a spoiler if you want to hear it for yourself.
Beauty of the Road - Future Islands
The title of the song seems kinda fitting since there wasn't too much traffic during the drive and it sounds beautiful too. 😊 I bet you already know how I discovered this song without saying it, but for those who don't:
It came from GT Sport lol.
June 8, 2022
  • I finally played New Horizons again after not touching it for at least two months according to my villagers. I thought I didn't touch it since late February. I also did HHP and forgot that I was in the middle of modeling Mathilda's home. Sorry for making you wait two months, Mathilda lol.
  • I also played New Leaf for a little bit. I did a favour for Deirdre to give her a perfect fruit... But accidentally gave her a rotten apple and got mad at me oops. I thought it was a perfect fruit because the icons look exactly the same. To be honest, I laughed at the mistake I did because it wasn't the first time it happened to her. 😅
  • I went back to play GT Sport to complete another event. It was pretty easy thankfully, and it's noticeable how the driving physics are a little different compared to 7 even with a controller despite the similar graphics.
  • I went for a walk that lasted for roughly an hour. The weather wasn't too hot either.
  • Feel free to skip this point. Surprisingly, I managed to spot a Chrysler Crossfire parked in a driveway during my walk! It's been long overdue that I finally managed to see one with my own eyes. Maybe I should walk in neighborhoods more often to find more elusive cars lol.
  • I made more progress in my art project! Oh my gosh, this particular piece looks cute as heck. 🥺
  • Reading the posts in this thread. It's a nice feeling knowing that others are happy over whatever stuff it may be.

Thank you for reading this. I appreciate it. 💙

My second morning shift at work went extremely well yesterday. I was able to cheer up my favorite person due to the fact that it was a slow night. We were screwing around with the sticker maker for the name tags and we got matching stickers under our hats. I’m not sure how long this is going to stay on, but it was funny. My name is on hers and hers on mine, at least until they fall off. Why are we so weird?
2026B65A-C94F-4C4C-BD39-0DF15FB78798.jpeg
Secondly, I’m usually the one being comforted and I’m not so used to comforting someone else, but her leaning on me/crying to me kinda felt nice in a way? I don’t like seeing her upset but it took a few months for her to finally open up to me and it feels nice that she trusts me now. And her saying “I really don’t want to cry at work” kinda broke me.
I was able to run the vacuum today because it was my day off. I’m happy that my general area is now clean. I also cleaned off the couch a bit because there was stuff just thrown on there. It looks a lot better now.
My shoes have finally been shipped out. Mine are a bit beat up and I think new ones were much needed. The feeling of wearing brand new shoes is unbeatable, too.
I picked up some more mouthwash from the store which was needed because I was out.

Back