• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Just had a lovely time visiting @Aria Nook Violet's island. Thank you for being so pleasant and patient with me as it was my first proper island tour and visitor! ❤️
Thank you for the same! I'm glad you enjoyed. Today I'm happy I got to spend some time in game with you. I haven't visited another person island since 2020 so this was a great experience but I sure am rusty. Glad I finally got to the meet great Buck! ❤️

Today I'm happy because:

- Went to the local market and picked up some goodies (salad, protein bites, coffee, bread, fruit)

- Was able to take a much-needed nap

- Finished grocery shopping for the week

- Cleaned and re-organized all my cabinets and shelves

- A friend reached out to show me pictures from Japan Fest in NYC

- Got some matcha milk tea (my favorite)

- Loved my fit and felt good wearing it

Today I'm happy because:

- I got some really good sleep last night and I got to sleep in this morning.
- I helped my husband clean up part of our basement for him to use as a work-out space. It's nice to actually see the floor again down there and we'll be able to take a bunch of cardboard boxes to be recycled.
- I saw a cute squirrel at about head height in a tree this afternoon. It froze until my dog started trying to get to it.
- I'm watching my dog's muzzle twitch right now while he's sleeping. It's adorable.
- I'm excited about starting a new book tonight.
- I'm off work tomorrow and get to sleep in again.

In lieu of a list again today, I thought this time I'd share pictures of the three kitties I'm taking care of. I hath dubbed them Strength, Stealth, and Speed (just kidding, the gray one is Lulu, the orange one is Pippi, and the tortoise-shell/brown one is Maybellene. Although I've posted about them before). All three of them make me very happy! :D

hufN79U.jpg

qMRyy7J.jpg

Didn't post yesterday, but it was still a pretty good day! c:
I played some ACNH, and collected almost all the spring bamboo DIYs! Julia also decided to move away (I like her, but she's not a dreamie), aaaand Dobie decided to give me his Sheep Costume. 😂 Never took him for a wolf in sheep's clothing, but here we are.
My family and I caught up with some Minecraft Youtubers we watch!
The neighbor's cat took a nice long nap on our porch. It was adorable, although my torbie kitty was none too happy about it. ^^;

And today:
I watched a couple episodes of Fairy Tail with my family, and we're finally getting into the Tartaros arc!! Having to keep my mouth shut though because I'm the only one here who finished the manga ahahaha
We watched a couple Minecraft videos later too!
Bought a few songs on iTunes!
I started my next New Game+ in Style Savvy: Styling Star and also played a few minutes of DQIV! Didn't progress the story really, just wanted to get some decent equipment for everybody before moving on.
Went villager hunting today in ACNH and got Peanut! I've missed having a Peppy villager on my island... although I don't know how to feel about her calling me "slacker". 😅 I also got the last spring bamboo DIY I needed, and now I just need the Shamrock Wand DIY and I'll be done with everything I wanted to do in March! If only it weren't being so elusive. ;u;

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept deeply again last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I saw several of the neighborhood dogs while I was walking my dog.
- My husband's friend came over and my dog is finally warming up to him. He licked him and lay next to him on the couch, but still barked when he got up. At least it's progress.
- I had a delicious salad for lunch.
- We had tacos for dinner.

☆ Today I visited my PoPo!! We had an amazing time and she cooked again for us!! We had: Scallion Chinese Pancakes, Cha Sui Baos, Bok Choy, and Rice!
☆ I played more Stardew Valley and now I am SOOO CLOSE TO FINISHING THE COMMUNITY CENTER. I thought I completed it this morning but I realized I was missing a single item... the Truffle for the bulletin board so once I buy a pig I will have a FINISHED COMMUNITY CENTER! (Also today I finally got some Wool from one of my bunny rabbits so I finished the Pantry! Now I have 100+ strawberries in the Greenhouse!!!)
☆ I played New Leaf and surprisingly I was able to get the Arapaima that Toby wanted!! He was very thankful! I also got a perfect apple from my huge storage of perfect fruits so Greta got more than just the Apple she asked for
☆ I spoke to my Nanna today on the phone and she is doing amazing!!! She gave me an idea and I was really happy about it! We made this angel food cake recipe a LONG time ago and she reminded me of it! Its only two ingredients: Angel Food Cake Mix & 20 ounces of Crushed Pineapple and its SO good, especially with whipped cream! I normally make complex things but sometimes its truly the simple recipes that are the best :) (Just look up two ingredient pineapple angel food cake and you can find the recipe easily!)
☆ Today was a Sunday so a new episode of a series I am watching came out! It was really good just ended to fast lol
☆ On the way to my PoPo's house I finally got to ride in my Mothers new car! It was soo fun because it felt really cozy and the window was so big so I got to see so much! I listened to alot of Miku music on the way with my headphones so it was a great drive, lots of puffy white clouds in the sky!!

Technically today—missing only the shamrock wand DIY for March was really bothering me, so I wound up staying up until 2am last night to get it. 😅 Honestly, worth not having to fret over it today.
I played ACNH some more today too! I caught another fish for my Museum and I've started working on collecting the cherry blossom DIYs.
My parents and I watched the latest episode of One Piece, and started our rewatch of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as well!

I’m somehow in a decent place with my crush right now? I gave her my number after she brought it up in conversation. She said she’d send me her number on Snapchat, which I’ve been talking to her on.

I also spent the whole morning with my favorite person, and for most of the time, I couldn’t stop thinking about my crush. This was very eye opening to me.
Favorite Person ≠ Crush / Romantic Interest

This isn’t always the case, but it can be true. I think people are quick to assume that you have feelings for the favorite person, but it’s completely platonic for me. This was eye opening for me, like I said, because I guess this was the moment I realized where my heart actually was.

And when we snap, she occasionally sends pictures of her face with words written in the snap, so yes, it’s nice to see her face. It’s nice she feels comfortable enough to do that. Last night, she referred to me as one of her best friends (and worriedly asked if I considered her a best friend), so we’re getting there. She acts so weird and fidgety around me, but I’m here for it. 🤞🏻

But the thing is… she also has BPD. I guess that’s how she understands me so well? I still remember telling her because she asked if I had a crush on my favorite person, and she said “no worries, I understand. I have it too.” 🫢

On a separate note, I picked up some Mango drinks which I mentioned last night. In addition to the Mango, I picked up the Hibiscus flavor. I was curious to try it. It’s actually not bad, but I definitely prefer Mango.

6C7B81F8-4922-42E0-BDD3-31862E0C95FF.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered a custom plush of Marlo, cranky hamster, a few months ago to join with my custom plush Jay, jock bird, (a plush I ordered 1 year ago) since I love the two characters so much. I checked the status of the delivery and it has arrived in my country so it should get to my address pretty soon. The funny thing is Jay's birthday is on the 17th of July and while Marlo plush won't arrive on a Sunday it will either arrive on the 15th or 18th of July and it makes me happy that in a way Marlo arrives right on time to celebrate Jay's birthday. It's cute coincidence since I ordered the plush way back in May. On my island they are best buds and even in real life the magic comes through. I will post later to update on the situation.
The update is here! The Marlo plush has arrived and has finally joined in with the Jay plush I ordered last year. Marlo's plush arrived today 18th of July a day after Jay's birthday so the magic is real! 😆
They are finally together and I couldn't be happier. I commissioned different people for these so I'm happily surprised they fit in well together. 🥰

🖤jaymarloplush.jpg💙

I will give credit to the people who I commissioned as they both did a wonderful job. Both were ordered on the etsy website. Jay was made by SoftPlushtoysStudio and Marlo was made by CustomPlushGifts.

❤️Now I wanna share what made me extra happy about this. So while I visited the etsy site to give my review I had to check through my orders and as I read them I noticed something really interesting.
Let's start with the recent order of the Marlo plush. It arrived today, 18th of July, one day after Jay's birthday (17th of July), as you can see in the picture below. "Entrega prevista" means date of arrival/delivery to my address basically. The site is in portuguese because I'm portuguese sorry about that.
marloplushdate.JPG
jaydate.JPG

Now! Let's talk about the other plush I ordered back in 2021, the Jay plush. Guess what guys! 😮 That's right! Jay's plush date of arrival was on 25th of June and when is Marlo's birthday?! That's right! It's on the 26th of June. I know it's not on the exact day but man it's just one day before. It is still is a very funny and curious coincidence. The magic is real!!! 😂 I'm both happy and creeped out at the same time.

Jayplushdate.JPG
marlodate.JPG

- Started a new job today. The company, its people, and the onboarding process are all fantastic

- Ate some yummy chocolate-infused snacks

- Got out for a couple of nice walks

- My Kirby smoothie (which is a vanilla protein powder, ice, milk, strawberries, and one banana mix)

kirby.png

- I had a productive day at work and got a lot done. May be hearing some exciting news there soon!

- My partner and the kitties have been sweet to me.

- I'm headed to martial arts tonight for the first time in awhile and the entire gang will be there!

- I had a very realistic dream, and it's cool because it took a dream to wake me up back to reality for once. That I've only gotten this far because of everyone that's supported me thus far! ✌️

• I have the money to pay off what I owe my college bookstore, which means I can register for the fall semester that starts August 29th.
  • My financial aid was processed/approved for the fall semester
  • Spent some time with a friend today
  • Had chocolate peanut butter ice cream and some pizza
  • Got The Witcher 3 game soundtrack, it's amazing :)
  • Took a walk
  • It rained today, so was a very relaxing day

Back