• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I found a cicada shell!
I'm glad the little guy came out of it!

I'm not kidding I found a real life cicada shell. It looks just like the ones in-game and looks so cool!

[ATTACH]448193[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]448194[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 16581898243973148198380577187141.jpg
    16581898243973148198380577187141.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 1658190025324153475003636914088.jpg
    1658190025324153475003636914088.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Today I'm happy because:

- I saw Mortimer, the bat, again last night.
- I started reading a new book.
- I slept pretty well last night.
- I had an easy day of work today.
- I saw a bunny race across my neighbor's yard.
- My dog has been extra cute trying to get belly rubs today.
- I wrote some more new material for my novel and I keep coming up with ideas for new scenes that I love. I know I'm going to need to cut at least half of my material when I start to do serious editing, but I love all of these ideas. I might have to split this into two books because I know I'm tackling a lot of heavy subject matter.

I found ten more cherry blossom DIYs in ACNH today!! I'm seriously thrilled with my luck, and I'm only missing two now—although this time I'm definitely not staying up until 2am to try and get them. 😅
Some of the merch I ordered last week arrived! I'm really happy with it. ❤️
We went through a lot more old stuff today too! Hopefully we'll be able to donate another load tomorrow or Wednesday.

wow it's been a few days since I posted in here lol, this will cover the last 2-3 days:

I recently decided to start working with polymer clay! I've always had an interest in modeling, whether my clay or on a 3D software like Blender, and after thinking about which one I would rather delve into more I decided on polymer clay because it would be cool to hold my creations in my hand! Over the span of yesterday and today I got pretty much all the tools I need to start doing clay crafts, and even a nifty box to put everything into, so I'm pretty excited about this!! I'm also giving myself permission to mess up bc I've never really worked with clay and I'm sure it won't look v good at first lol.
yesterday I went to DG because a few days ago they had some aloe plants for sale, and when I went last night there weren't any there. but by some stroke of luck, while randomly browsing around the store, I found a single aloe plant sitting in an inconspicuous spot, so ofc I snatched it up! I've been wanting an aloe plant for a while, and even more so since my poor amaryllis died, and now I finally have one!
I'm on a iced-tea-that's-slightly-sweetened kick rn, I need to start making my own but lately I've just been buying big a** cups of half unsweet tea from McDonald's. sometimes even those are too sweet tho, I honestly couldn't imagine drinking straight up McD's sweet tea. prob send me into diabetic shock 🤣
A few days ago I confessed to my friend whom I met through FB Dating that I liked him, and unfortunately he has really low self esteem so he was trying to tell me that he would scare me off or that he wasn't good enough to be liked, let alone loved. his past relationships have been really bad. so understandably he wants to stay friends for now so we can get to know each other. but I really enjoy his company and talking to him, plus he's been messaging me every day since and talking abt things he likes and whatnot. so I hope it works out 🥰
I should be getting new RAM chips for my computer to bump the available memory from 4GB to 16GB, hoping that I can go back to editing my yt videos once that happens!
I found a beanie buddy moose at goodwill today and I love him sm lol
got to do some work with the symphony today, just a lot of bg stuff. I really enjoy helping out and I know they appreciate my help too :)

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another easy day at work. I could get used to this.
- I've scheduled some vacation time in August during the TBT Fair.
- I'm really just feeling very chill today.
- My dog is cute and snuggly.
- My husband is a sweetie.
- I finished writing some more new material for my novel and came up with yet another new scene that will work perfectly as the catalyst for the main character's final moment of realization before the climax.

Got the last two cherry blossom DIYs I needed in ACNH, and I've started work on collecting everything for Bunny Day!
I'm also making good progress in Style Savvy: Styling Star! There's a slight random element to when the story events occur, and since I keep replaying up to a certain point, it's been fun trying to figure out what the various event triggers/requirements are. Also I definitely haven't been experimenting to see what sorts of fashion crimes the game will let you get away with what do you mean.
We didn't get to donate anything today, but I was able to go through a lot more old stuff that we should be able to give away tomorrow! It feels good to let these old things go. :giggle:

It was slow at work today and a customer introduced us to her cute dachshund named “Low Rider.” His ears were bigger than his head and he was the cutest little thing!
I have a three day weekend. I’m scheduled off on Saturday. I’m lowkey happy about it, just because I’d much rather work on Sunday this week.
Unfortunately, my favorite person and crush are both leaving starting Sunday for a whole month. Thankfully, I am in contact with both of them which makes me happy.
I won’t go crazy. ._.

Getting ready to have guests over our house here in two days, my best friend is coming into town and the DM to our D&D sessions is also going to be visiting so a lot of fun is going to happen, plus I have three days off work next week to enjoy all the company as well so overall, I'm getting excited just thinking on all the fun we're gonna have!

@WhiteLily210 Those things were all over where I lived last year. I couldn't take one step without stepping on one of their crunchy hides. If only they were that easy to find in the game. Nice find, that one is in good condition.

My harvest of onions from my garden. Took a lot out of me just to harvest and peel them yesterday lol...
IMG_1855.jpg

@LadyDestani That's awesome about your writing materials! I haven't done it in some time, but writing can be a lot of fun and a great way to be creative.

- I haven't used this site for a while because my laptop broke! :rolleyes: But you guys don't know how happy I am that the UK heatwave is finally over. It got to 35 celsius in my area yesterday...Luckily it's a nice 19 celsius today, and not forecast to get much higher than that for the next week or so

GUYS I HAVE NO CLUE HOW I FORGOT TO TALK ABT THIS YESTERDAY BUT OMG

so yesterday morning I was leaving to go to my internship and I found a female stag beetle on our front porch! (lucanus capreolus according to @/Sgt.Groove) I really like big beetles like stags and rhino beetles (I have Animal Crossing to thank for that!) so I was very excited to see her, but I'm also terrified of flying bugs so I was too scared to touch her.
when I got home like 4-5 hours later she was miraculously still on the porch, so I put my hand down and after rejecting a few times she actually climbed onto my hand and I was like 😱😱😱 it was so great!! I've never held a bug like this before and I was getting over my fear of flying bugs to hold her and omg! she was so gentle and super chill! I kinda knew that she wouldn't try to fly bc larger beetles like this only fly when they feel threatened/scared and I was trying to be gentle. she was just vibing the whole time. i don't know if I'll get to see her again but I did name her Angela 😁

it was such a crazy but awesome experience and now I want to hold even more big buggies! ☺️🪲
20220719-160253.jpg

20220719-160306.jpg

20220719-160203.jpg

20220719-160158.jpg

20220719-160109.jpg

- My day started off rough, but I gave my all at work again for the third day in a row and pushed myself to get more done, and I'm proud of myself for that.

- I've been winning defense battles in Aether Raids in Fire Emblem Heroes ever since I changed up my defense team, which has allowed me to climb to tier 18, and I show no signs of slowing down.

- I've been working on my team's artifacts and talents in Genshin Impact, and for the first time I can finally say that I'm close to having a complete team (consisting of Diluc, Yelan, Hu Tao, and Xingqui). I've crowned some talents for the first time as well. I'm also at 52,000 adventure exp towards AR 58, so the dream to become AR 60 is alive and well!

MoCyTbU.png

QfCcB7e.png

- Now that I'm off work for the day, I'm going to do some much needed self-care. :giggle:

I played WSR Basketball Pickup Game and beat the champion, Tommy (and his teammates, Eva and Tyrone)! 🏀 Pretty happy that I already beat my second champion! 😁
1658363641795.png

1658363651038.png
I somehow convinced my brother to play Wii Sports Resort. He had fun playing Basketball Pickup Game and he's already getting pretty good at it! :D
I finally got new colors for the cat-ears headband in Tomodachi Life!! I'm still missing the purple variant (which would look great on my look-alike Mii), but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the other colors I got! 🐱
My brother got a container of the Nesquick strawberry milk powder and it's super good (with the milk obviously). 🍓🥛
My brother also bought me a bag of Skittles without me even asking him to. :eek:
I've been making a lot of art that I'm really happy about! 🎨

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another calm, easy day of work, which I was really grateful for since I was tired and had a headache all day.
- I think I've found a good local company to work on our bathroom remodel. They have great reviews, I love their results, and they are very eco-conscious. I'm hoping to contact them soon.
- I was craving Doritos Locos Tacos all day and I got them for dinner.
- I also had a Strawberry My Mochi for dessert.
- Only two more days of work before the weekend.

It's been a while! The forums over the past few days have been pretty silent, so I haven't been on here as much. Keep in mind that whenever this happens, just be prepared to have your notifications with reactions whenever you post in this thread lol.

• I reached 84% of my progress in the art project after rounding up the numbers. Am I dreaming right now?!?!
  • Got to play Gran Turismo 7 to do a couple of time trials. Later on, I went through a part of the game where I can look at the history of some brands. Pretty interesting to know some stuff about how they first started out (though I should fact-check just to be safe).
  • Watching a few videos of The Legend of Zelda randomizers. For those who don't know, the items are randomly scattered throughout the games they appear in. This means that you could find a Master Sword in a random chest, an empty bottle for defeating a boss, or a hammer for completing a minigame. While it does sound nice, it can work the other way around. It was so funny seeing the person playing the game pick up a ton of useless rupees going through a dungeon and not getting anything noteworthy in return after quite some time lol.
  • Despite being very hot and humid today, I felt so happy while driving that I found myself singing to some of the songs on my playlist. The weather was sunny too.

We finally donated the stuff we looked through over the past couple days! Here's hoping my old dinosaurs and Barbies find some good new homes. (y)
I did some more prep for Bunny Day in ACNH! I managed to get the party dress and hat (they're so pretty I feel like an egg-themed magical girl), and I think DIY collecting is going pretty well. Sparro also sent me some genuine art in the mail!
My parents and I caught up on fWhip's latest Empires SMP episode over dinner! I love the goblin-themed build style he's using.
I also played Style Savvy: Styling Star some this evening! ^^ Met a couple new customers too.

I finally got around to watching a few episodes of Spy X Family. I’ve been meaning to for a while now. It’s a pretty good anime, in my opinion.
I played a few online matchups on Madden 22 today and didn’t really encounter many trolls. I’ll likely play more during my next few days off.
Work went pretty well today, aside from a small gross task at the beginning of my shift. Someone purposely(?) threw up in the sink. I can’t possibly see how it was an accident.
I received a very kind message and some bells from @/Mr_Keroppi this morning. It was a very nice thing to wake up to and brought a smile to my face.

Back