• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well last night.
- I was able to take both a morning and an afternoon break today.
- I went for a good, brisk walk on both breaks.
- I was able to read on my lunch break.
- I'm almost done with this book. I should finish it tonight. I've really enjoyed it.
- My dog was so cute when I came home from work today.
- I listened to the birds and cicadas while I was outside walking my dog.
- I saw a groundhog in my backyard.
- Tomorrow is Friday and then its the weekend!

I decided to take a leap today and get this game called Dinkum that just came out today as early access and I am really enjoying it this evening. It is a ton of fun and is running smoothly. It feels like it is heavily inspired by ACNH and Stardew Valley. A very chill non tedious game that doesn't feel like a barren wasteland. It is always great finding a new game that is really enjoyable.

Also, my dog's Snuffle Rug came in today that I got on discount and they had a blast with it. We played two rounds and then they were exhausted. It was also the perfect size to fit underneath a chair so I could put all four loops around the legs of the chair so they couldn't flip it over. The legs also kept them in their own little areas since I have 3 tiny dogs.
719P7kUEVsL._AC_SX466_.jpg
The carrots have a couple of places for treats to hide too.

I had an appointment early this morning I was pretty nervous about (nothing serious, dw), so afterwards we picked up a few little treats and I ordered a little bit of merch for myself.
Took a little break from the Style Savvy achievement grind today and played some more DQIV instead! I finished Chapter 1 and started on the next chapter.
I also played ACNH for a bit this evening! I've almost collected all the spring bamboo DIYs now, and caught another fish I needed for my critterpedia/Museum.

After many hours, we (my spouse because he is amazing🎉) finally got my Steam Deck to install and play Steam games using the External Drive. That was a ridiculous process 🙈 akdhf;hdk.
I feel relieved, however I will have to get new cords for it... seems like one of them is bad which probably didn't help the process but it wasn't the thing that stopped the ability of installing and playing steam games on the deck. So when I get those, I can play on a handheld again.
For now, Ima gonna drink a bunch of water and play Dinkum on pc for a while. 😋

• My financial aid application was successfully processed and accepted so I can go back to college! So next week I'll drop off some paperwork, get my student ID and buy whatever books I need for my English class, so happy to be back in college and working towards finishing my associates degree!
  • I had a really bad panic attack last night but I feel better today so far
  • Played Stardew Valley for awhile today on my Xbox, going to play some more videogames later
  • Got some new music
  • Spent some time reading my Digimon TCG starter deck cards and the rules so I can become more familiar with the game for next time my friend and I play
  • Getting ice cream this weekend, looking forward to that!
  • Might draw for awhile today while listening to music :)

I got paid today! Despite being exhausted and tired the entire day, I learned something new at work and also helped out my team. It's just a reminder to myself that even when I'm not 100% I'm still pretty sharp. Attitude is latitude, and can change everything! Now I'm ready to enjoy the weekend and am just chilling out in TBT Smash friendlies. :giggle:

I realised how much octopuses actually fit my aesthetic! Love. Found some really suck art of them with abstract coloring, cool composition, brushwork, etc. And with real pictures of them? Look how their tentacles twist and wind like tree branches, it can be pretty mysterious feeling or fun. Camouflage is fun too.

I found a list of octopus pet names (although I wouldn’t condone keeping one as a pet... that seems even wirse than a pet Raven and those make a lot more sense) and “Wiggleton” was pretty funny. More importantly “Waldo” was on the list and I love what an on-point reference that is XD

got a new poster and a blathers amiibo. also excited for my new computer keyboard which is supposed to arrive on monday, i was debating on buying it or not because it was expensive but luckily i found one that was almost half the price on ebay and i ordered it a few days ago. it’s used but i don’t mind.

Today I'm happy because:

- I saw Mortimer, the bat, again last night. He's been hanging out on my back porch a lot lately.
- I slept pretty deeply last night.
- I had a decent day at work, not too hectic.
- I was able to take two breaks and walk during both of them.
- I finished the book I was reading and it was really good.
- I wrote some more new material for my novel and I'm very happy with how it turned out.
- I saw Ms. Potter, the rabbit, in the backyard again this evening.
- I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend.

Another post, another day where I destroyed people's notifications haha.
  • The weather was nice today.
  • I went to the grocery store to get a few things.
  • I went on a walk after for some exercise. It feels good plus I even walked through an area where I used to go to school as a very young child.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and did another engine swap on a different car. I installed an engine from a Mazda 787B into a Mazda RX-7 FD, which is a car that I have seen a couple of times irl. It boggles my mind how an engine from a race car can be put into a regular road car and it's hilarious at the same time. Very easy to spin out if you're not careful with the throttle, but is more manageable compared to the engine-swapped Beetle I mentioned a while back. When driving in first-person view, I noticed the tachometer in the RX-7 was maxing out at 9k rpm since its original engine redlines somewhere at 8k rpm. This is because the engine from the 787B can rev over 9000 up to 10k rpm! Did I mention it sounds very nice? I will say though, that it's extremely loud if you were to hear one in person.
  • I made progress in my art project today. This piece is another one of those things that challenged my skills again. Upon finishing it, I couldn't believe it turned out well! 🤯 It's getting harder and harder by the day waiting to reveal it.

My favorite person cheered me up today. She didn’t get weird about me being a bit touchy today which I’m thankful for. I appreciate her so much.
She’s actually leaving next week for a month due to a family issue
(nothing serious) and with very limited cell service. We’ll talk when we can, though. We are planning on hanging out with our dogs when she comes back. She keeps me grounded, but I should be fine.
1264A4C6-9365-4971-A7AC-F4CC66782AD5.jpeg
I have a three day weekend next week, and they happen to be the three best days to have off. Management is trying to split the hours, so one person isn’t getting all of the hours.
I’d like the money, though.
I’m going to see Keagan after work tonight, and I’m also picking up a few of those mango drinks I fell in love with. They sell them at my grandma’s local gas station.

Last edited:
Back