What Are You Happy About Today?

I have a lot of things to be happy about and thankful for lately. My new job has been going really well - my coworkers are all lovely, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and it's close to my home. This job is also letting me save money again which I couldn't do with my last job as it was part time and I simply didn't make enough.

In much more exciting news (at least in my opinion) my girlfriend 🥰🥰🥰 is coming to visit at the end of August and ugh. I feel like my heart is going to burst. I'm so excited to see her and I'm so thankful my work has the last two weeks of
August off so that everything was able to click into place.

Also @deana sent me a picture of a cloud yesterday and it was the sweetest thing 😭💕

My favorite person told me her mom’s surgery went well. She had a cyst on her foot removed. She’s just staying with her mom until her mom is fully recovered. I need her to come back. ._.
Her mom lives on a farm with very little service. She didn’t have a signal, but she drove to a gas station so we could battle and talk. She told me before she left that she loves me and she’d message me as soon as she can. The fact she’s literally driving out of her way to reassure me every few days, though. ♡
A few smaller things: Work went extremely well tonight and there weren’t too many rushes. I restocked on those mango drinks that I love. I also picked up some sour gummy lifesavers that I’m hooked on.

It’s just an all-around good day in general.

Today I'm happy because:

- It's Saturday and I got to sleep in this morning.
- The weather was pretty nice today, not quite so hot but still warm and sunny.
- My dog is completely back to his normal self again.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this afternoon.
- I got to watch the latest episode of Shadows House.
- I got a chocolate milkshake for dessert this evening.
- I'm feeling pretty good physically and mentally today.
- I still have tomorrow off to relax and sleep in.

♡ Had the whole house to myself all day. Finally, inner peace. 😌

♡ Watched some YouTube while eating popcorn. 🍿

♡ Took a shower earlier and I feel refreshed. 🚿

♡ Decided to give the "Air Cottage 2" OST from Wii Sports Resort a listen and I really like the theme, I've been listening to it all day. 🏝️

♡ I was reading one of my fics I wrote a while ago, and it was actually pretty good?? While it was heavily on the mature side, the fact that I was able to convey exactly what I had in mind amazes me. :eek:

♡ Played quite a bit of Wii Sports Resort today. At first I wasn't really sure what sport to do, so I just played a bit of Swordplay Showdown, which was obviously fun. I ultimately decided on Table Tennis - Both modes, actually. I started with Return Challenge and I got two stamps, specifically 200-pointer (getting 200 points or more) and Recycler (hitting 30 soda cans in one game)!
I moved onto Match, and while I didn't make as much progress as the other mode, I'm just glad I finally beat Hiromasa and can move onto other opponents. XD I'm also very close to getting to Lucia, the Table Tennis champion! My current opponent is Greg, which I thought was pretty funny 'cause he's the host for Return Challenge. XD
IMG_20220730_151153~3.jpg

Was too exhausted after our trip to post yesterday, so this'll cover today and yesterday!
I'm always apprehensive about visiting my grandparents because my grandfather is pretty homophobic/transphobic, but this visit wasn't so bad—for starters, my grandma "accidentally" bought some reusable pride flag bags, ehehe.
I also got to see my grandparents' cat again! He deems me worthy enough to look at him and entertain him with toys, but I am most certainly not allowed to touch him, how very dare I.
IMG-2615.jpg
I got some jasmine tea and it's super good. ;v;
Had fun decorating one my clear file storage folder a little bit after I got home!

Today:
We watched a couple episodes of Fairy Tail this morning!
Aside from a little bit of tidying/sorting through things, I just kind of spent most of the day chilling out with some Youtube and gaming, and it was really nice! Yesterday was super busy and I think the recharge time was just what I needed.
The backdrops for the Fair are so nice and magical!! I'm going to wait a bit to choose mine, but it's already so cool seeing them around the forum. 😊

• Had a good work out yesterday! Today I skipped because my body was sore, but I’ll be working out tomorrow for sure.
  • Achieved a major ranking goal in one of my games today! And I made a new friend! A lot of my hard work the past week has finally paid off today. Eagerly waiting for the ranking prizes to be distributed.
  • Had a simple take-out dinner with my parents! We’ve been eating out a lot last week, but it’s a different kind of peace when you’re in the comfort of your own home. Trying to enjoy as much of the time as I can here before I go back to the city.
Idk. It’s just been a lovely 24 hours despite it not sounding much. 💓

• I got a lot of cleaning done over the weekend, proud of myself because I have a hard time motivating myself to do it a lot 🧹
  • Spent some quality time with my kitties today, sat on the floor and played with them, petted them, and brushed them a bit ❤️
  • Did some drawing last night, helped with my anxiety and I'm glad I started getting back into it again 🎨
  • Slept in today which was nice!
  • Got some new collectibles from @LittleMissPanda :) One is one of my favorite AC villagers Mint, and one is a Shamrock, ☘️ I love them!
  • Have the rest of the day to do whatever I want because I got everything I needed to get done finished
  • Mustachio (my tuxedo cat) 🐈‍⬛ took a nap on me while I watched some Yugioh :D
  • It's going to be a busy week but I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to be talking to someone in charge of volunteers at a place I want to start volunteering at to see if I can get a position there and figure out days/hours that work for me
  • Getting some new decor for my apartment this coming week so I'm excited about that!
  • Played some ACNH last night
  • Overall it's been a great weekend and I feel a lot better than I was earlier in the week :)

Happy today because I’m finally getting back into the swing of things and being myself and doing what I love. I’ve also been working real hard on my new island in AC:NH. The island map I chose was absolutely perfect for what I wanted to do and the terraforming is officially done with for now. Now it’s mostly slowing down a bit and working on getting furniture unlocked and gathering more recipes for my island so I can start decorating and filling in the empty spaces on it. So, I’m doing pretty good. 😊

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply and got to sleep in this morning.
- I had a nice day at home with my husband and my dog.
- I love seeing all the enchanting backdrops around the forum!
- After feeling a bit mentally wiped out this past week, I started feeling better today and my writing mood is gradually returning.

A fun day for me in the sports I watch, Merc got a double podium in F1 and England won the 2022 Euros! 💓
Nice, I got to watch the Formula 1 race in Hungary as well! I chuckled a little bit when Daniel Ricciardo said something over the radio after overtaking two Alpines in a couple of corners lol.
--------------------------------------

I'll be honest, today was pretty meh for me and I hope tomorrow will be much better for me, so I'm glad you guys had a great day today. Regardless, I still found a few things that lifted up my spirits a bit.
  • I really like the enchantment backdrops for the TBT Fair this year! The phosphorescent friends are one of my favourites at the moment. The one looking at my profile picture is probably wondering why Blue and Poliwag are wearing winter clothes in the middle of summer lol.
  • Miraculously, the 2022 Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix got televised, so I got to watch the whole thing! There were some great battles here and there to keep the race exciting. It's amazing how Max Verstappen won from 10th place despite spinning out at one point. In other news, I'm not surprised that Ferrari has yet again made horrible strategy calls lol. Even back when I really started watching F1 in 2018, they already made some decisions that made no sense and basically threw away good results. There's a reason why Ferrari hasn't won a championship since 2007. This is definitely one of them.
  • Speaking of Ferrari, I played a little bit of Gran Turismo 7 to let off some steam. I drove a 2014 Ferrari FXX K in time trials and basically threw it into walls (in which I find the grinding noises oddly satisfying) and constantly yeeting its engine to the redline. This is one of the very few cars that I actually dislike. I had to drive this car in one of those driving missions once and it left a very bad first impression on me. Through the corners in 2nd gear, it loves to spin out even though I only applied 1/4 of the throttle. Shift into 3rd gear and I get huge amounts of understeer. While the accuracy of the handling compared to real life is debatable, it doesn't change the fact of how horrible it is. Anyway, the FXX K is a nice car to use as a punching bag of some sort and not for driving. Next time, I might squish it into a wall with a pickup truck lol. While this point sounds weird and more of a guilty pleasure of mine, I wouldn't do this to other cars like the Honda S2000 I keep mentioning around here. Now that car along with many others is fun to drive. Not an uncontrollable 1000+ horsepower of a so-called Ferrari that can't fully utilize its capabilities.
  • I didn't make any progress in my art project, but there's a good reason for that. A couple of pieces I'm going to do in the coming days are challenging my skills to the point I needed to look up some tutorials if I wanted to get a good shot at it. In the end, I picked up some pointers and started practicing some techniques before diving right in. I really want to make my art project the best it can be within my current skills, and I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.
It's another one of those long posts despite not feeling too good mentally, but yeah. I'm looking forward to tomorrow with a fresh start and seeing more posts from you all.

Watched the latest episode of One Piece this morning and another episode of FMAB with my family! We also saw LDShadowLady's latest Empires SMP episode, and it was really fun as usual. 😄
I added a few more new desktop wallpapers to my rotation!
I finally got to sit down and play a little more DQIV today too! I'm making some steady progress in Chapter 2.
I also just chilled out with some Youtube videos for a little while. ^^

late. really busy this weekend

• saturday, my friend and i hung out. we went to a local mall and walked for sincerely 3 hours with minimum breaks, my legs are sore and my thighs are chaffed but it was ridiculously fun. did you know balenciaga is selling a hoodie that just has the PS5 logo on it for $950??? crazy rich people :,)
  • right after the mall, we went to the conveyor belt sushi place near me. we were sat in an amazing spot so we were right at the start of the belt, meaning first dibs for the stuff i wanted. got some delicious albacore tuna otoro, yellowfin tuna toro, sockeye salmon and yellowtail!
RHPUGloKMogFV0KRRUwwbYWOGmD8Z3qyBrfhoDO-SEGKhRed1-zETrmX38Ao_sdD1xgH0U389bxwLMF7Ucj-JgtI5dAsetd7YZxTId3BG0hj37G5v3-Ilg_4ekWLKAtJMcGd_0oyVS4QDlIp6nLIDQ-Pe6dVXLPBwCiTQqIxZkehNW4Oi83jgNQdwqlWUSHdczygmw7wI3Cuo9HOxANbZDqUXeAQd_a5bBWmnpUNiW5dZ9ZvrR8ar3awcKIN720RFz4KMNDD0OFznwCpQk0a-1_flor1G96KkquAbNVjrOjOEt8AfV-vCNSmWmGHZb3nULz1MZ3_fVq3ZbmlT9vwOm_C6AlMlajQHqrZqilDcStc2krIpoauW8tj8y6x-uc5DOqm_TRAPjJv-PCr3rxpz65l4UyOropFETMNwFqxr3qRh30--mRQnQP_9Gl5Uv5dp8kIacWbrLwceSCT2CsD8r9Dhcavocyd6jTiwn4HzTmRqxGD7UlK8sjmylq2c_yHs9beGutqvkqX3tAZ6Wa95L8GZNy42rgaIh3k4XPg9f7PCvEHtReO1o7jT0tVBoux47rlP-ZmMorMbvPqCOYkLKPAbrIfFts37j2XP6PdLQcatzFFxz-oMqi1xFS4TqgjXRTS9x6tpvcuFBF-dmr-upqQkuD3tLnCtbHEdw5m25A5LtjU9VvY5yC9BKvSBW3KXqlrDlFvjgFS4M4bMudxQ7Jf5JSrWAnlJQoZqZsPxVYIrez3ulg11GbYyOFm2cw=w495-h223-no

sqX4Nne3AYwfKE5l3Gr-ObdeVs3LMO_U7Ttrf4zFbUCGeYCxDIL43MCHbk4TdZeieSf4Is8hPa5dXcZM1CybPCsokO6NIcnLVMfiwnfFtGz4GtwqEFuG7wCCMTSVPzNVFI-Uj24h1qs8E6rWRqJz6v-jZXvYwCUr44I9HYQGxOqxwBoqhUa5L_LCpsRjQkaO0qho-Hgk8uTsa4IwRiawO6yj3TtTahshwFGWKqwkUJjY7wyTVGJK78VSe035PZLJcAMN5V_c_tx3jP8hXMUZSwlvouV4-DtQT3pMu6Uo4KBBioKOr8ccHWYhDDJA7dS8N3juujbBG9KsTc5VXsGOR_7XLuSdlW9SiYp8Pe7m4uNcNRvWzbGqLPryN6oSXffzXn4d1AEcBL1F_DiUynPXQQSC-mxxgM_uWsiYwxau07x3KppxSXWNgZq-KXgVgJefFn8KIIZXV_-9ehpfBgsQuwyNmNDCKIoUUKBBNZhHnnJTAXlODBMgpGBxeIXlPpX__LzONt8GttsNA0aHTEYB2tqFiIp5FzW-g9lixzHg-ZSF117WsYfsF5GepRRCMhCMI65Ig5ZrFzIU6dkacpwO7QB0iEmmHRzmhe2CtTP7UJZuzjWM7ZJ0KBNMhK7Ep6m7tLRapnMUL4_PdNvsEo8EZZMObYinCIiAv1aPyI4uQC1skesKgMmYvvxTJFVJVfKRzixyrX_FXlz-PKHIQiIcC589gw9_JY-kLFf8SSkLnUjRjzDTl3W4G_8E_rxr4mo=w610-h903-no

• yesterday, i went to a tea & flower picking event with that same friend and my local lolita comm. we had a super great time, tons of tea and cute lil pastries. i am sad that they ignores everyones allergies though- i asked no coconut on my french toast but they made it en masse with the coconut baked in. however, unlimited tea is a big plus. AND, we got to pick some BEAUTIFUL flowers!
UaSotZRaGbij1c9ez9sQwjVmUzP3JY_Mo7PJMdqHs8gsn8cQell6RuAjEn794fUY8rbJ7KmepnF5RTZiVfC2u2hvSe_3XBl-xCxBITCQ81ri1oxtAfOHhLoo9oJ4OpV_Zz0haTGjHVEX6ZKAjg-KhxVxBj38EYTuszEHDJ373NWhXU0GpNPIMMdrFqe5pncqlCw3Hs_fAcxjS180tIJ0eRjYIJbAZNvmQy0HJ-nX8PiIeDd41cjY-cbOJ9WrmlsQ27_41FRcP1JHPoaDgnIJBNpFSfYUzIuJHs72aP2dxCdqktjPC0JsDGlYZ9UDw4jloRx28uEfqC_0fkEP5SQs7XOImuid29xXnQRsrl-74oUmLEchb0Hv5uLpoivcYaewYwfItZdqSohUmPOzGXuJPbokw90EmFuB16faP1SZ9025gVIy_3Sw8TcFgzpGPl9It6OCTAMOVtoSiL4mDBya-JWlyxQzdw1P5kR7UQJvlSqXLxdMH8d8HuCwnFQt2P77VhuRLN27uYSQNUebgjth7T0V5As3aoFdrVmU_QcBdeaf7H4Osy7shri0QtIpAgOz5XE9fezLcT_ox9YcH-juW10kPbUC91WfGRvmr6RUoBgkK26-IKs-ng2UT8_V2uDr693J4ORFfXD0j11SM5-913Ufiug-S-NUE0yrF3JJMPcdXnM6RWBt3InZTBzLsB-ibcds1nhEILYessmCyeS9TnjLCQSmB3GOC7N2LnvEYoHAPVg5crEI7Fij2j0Oq0E=w408-h903-no
w5y-1DSSNryE7QqnmpEupeNyULcbkb_KSe5cwbX02XE7llcPjV1A4EE8VqQPE7Tc5tnSYe6tlvDfJrqjFnmwe1BB0A3NeCbHJAjwsAX6OGbEpcS2q_ynnG2YxfW_VAarauFbvY2sGoSjD76XZV82yES9o-MGm_neE_m8_xHttisy9du6RyOJFdNB4PIoYpRwRdXInA9v6hhgek6ttH0dO568P5qyBzwDYJnTBY0Gc0e15VE6ZWBdxwms814-IYVxg0qLL4CSfSzwHSUyr99usfbOWMoK_LCZsJfgrUwtjKWkm42ILC_njcl7EBkpP7ONYw2wqN3jMvC0nr99fdohgXDEOykvIYhjhXipCsgngPzT4skGndIlSMqG7XdkWA0Ao9XB6PYzIXkgAWH-rxgrHUFSgg72LSrKAUwWuLG7IGq-JK46qO5ynbGWgwHns8inCOTgSRM8aSwA3vfd72eHMOJoDoHUALt3oqo6vXx8x5jI-88I5SKH3G0qkl5ePX2bv1IzjgQZ216jV2h1c7GJF8xw9JSDXJt00UNMQR81Pz0pwd5fdnsIpFaxnCpoJYpbPGiuOfzR-OjsWbPSu2vPOtReX44lj-TiCPqGqvLVCEusBOMn_hE7tbjeYwHdWhzQRuMhvpx5JKbwmwLnWPLtL-guabWi_ckmccNcMS6FtVxEQfUJtslricq8NRzzWYgKfEk3sPQ99zDmKuK6Pk3CdrhR0JmFSfnaIYfjIdt2uUTLL5DnLcikZKxBhFbZCq0=w408-h903-no
D9Xw8P8MKPZrWD_Iemy7FD4O1_Bb-MHAusA68TX2FXiAGU5C9B6UyXzLMJF_y1nwbs36Q746nNyeaNf32S55BmMUrc1pBROP3EfwnTtT-EXlINRMb5oqwmnduDgqNGHvKH92QdCGT2oJsHos8I6VUxt_fzy95oultRwlXtSYkmNZ6vg8S97SJjf6ebBxdy2Nicjc3xQ1vOjn2BU1h9lQIOmvJRAjwWfZfKqA8ktxhe2ARVTND472EMDku4DaArCQ1ErLnowTztwzuelb3I23Sevz0F9fro4OAaOuD2tLpuT0PO0jMB5DLuGC0kWdmuV5uW2MpRY0jtXhchM8TQOfgus3UlzBh8H7HYum1CvRll5bPhxlUIbvULMUeI57xfCqeUbx9mbyAXikyQmdVfjUtsLOW-p-_Q23f7kaIN3CiKsfgNA-ac_gWQuy1bARhxSW26Wu8_Tq6nazpQMktwfqafld_drHDNLID_tUYgvKyvxkW5-YHsGDEPDz5pl0hV7GpeiumcmVyUNX_iavjNjPEOZgXkMiy3Ez0tCaerLOeTW8pa8oC7y6r6Eu0WUcPiiskJRU1rr0icJjVWjH-RM7rZd9H7L2omypzem1qh4TJeZipx1l3zmOgpsf5plYmL1087FLleCGAhJc_wWxRSywphs0EErgCYkb1-jx1H7yBxTfx8DCaHdgdmEjn6anUwHIlPsGMFeO4NL-unSSxcjmcwPhjNSvKoAWGBViqxkBpNP_5kqMZ6q3WWtLTRMzsPk=w678-h903-no

overall, great weekend. lots of fun memories. super duper tired and have to skip on the gym for a lil bit but it was worth. i walked for THREE HOURS DANG IT I DESERVE SOME REST~

I made a ton of progress in WSR Swordplay Duel! ⚔️ I got all of the stamps and I beat the champion, Matt!!! It took quite a bit of time and dedication, but I was able to do it and I'm really happy about this! I still have to defeat Matt in Speed Slice (another mode in Swordplay), but this is a huge step - I beat Matt in 2 out of 3 Swordplay modes! :D
Inkedkepebpjdsu6q.jpg

1659400200056.png
Another thing that made me happy today is that I've been re-watching Poofesure's Wii Sports videos recently, they're my favorite types of videos on his entire channel and it was great watching them again. :)

Back