What Are You Happy About Today?

I briefly forgot about my Secret Santa project (as in, I totally didn't even realize that the due date was so soon rip) but I managed to get it started and finished in one day! I'm also really happy with the result so it was all good!
I've spent the last few days watching Spongebob and it's been such a fun time. hopefully I can start watching the shows on my watchlist tomorrow!
my cassette player came in the mail today! I did have to tinker with it for a while bc the sound kept fading in and out, and I had to take it apart to fine tune the speed control, but now it seems to work just fine. I'm gonna keep testing it over the next few days to make it sure it continues to work fine. in the meantime I might try to get some more cassettes :)
my job has been going well lately! I've officially been there for a week and I'm really enjoying it! I also love the feeling of finally having some financial security and spending money that I don't feel guilty spending bc I earned it :blush:
OH I almost forgot to mention (somehow) but I also got my Lego Super Mario expansion set today! I don't even have a starter pack but the little whomp figurine inside was enough to justify buying this alone 😂
going to my internship tomorrow and while I'm there (in that city) I'm gonna stop at the thrift store, the game store, and the record store!
since I don't have to work tomorrow and I don't have to be at my internship til 11am I'll actually be able to sleep in tomorrow so that will be nice 😁

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply again last night.
- I made it through a busy day at work.
- The weather was fairly nice today. It only rained in the afternoon while I was busy working.
- I had some jalapeno poppers for dinner and they were delicious.
- Only four more days of work and then I'm off for a whole week!

I saw someone wearing a shirt this morning that said “Axel is my homeboy” and it was the elephant villager. It made me happy to see someone wearing an Animal Crossing shirt.
I have the day off tomorrow because I switched my shift with somebody on Thursday — doing him a favor. Let’s just say I would much rather work on Thursday, so I’m really happy about this.
I’m happy about having some time to play Madden 22 online, and that I have the new version pre-ordered. I’m excited for the new franchise features.

Also, my favorite person surprised me with this drawing she did for me:
F47AA846-9C01-4010-B012-B1D6A129F39A.jpeg

I am very glad that today was a much better day compared to yesterday. Let's. Freaking. Go.

• Feel free to skip this point. I can't believe I forgot to mention this from yesterday, but I spotted an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA after seeing the rear view of it, and in the colour blue for good measure! One of the first things that came to mind is whether this car appeared in the Gran Turismo series. To my pleasant surprise, it actually does! And this is the first hatchback (I think) that I've seen from the Alfa Romeo brand.
  • I had a tasty lunch from Jollibee where I ate a chicken sandwich and spaghetti. I was really savouring the food since it's been a little while.
  • I got to play Gran Turismo 7 for a little bit. I may or may not have rammed into the Ferrari I mentioned in my previous post numerous times using a Toyota Tundra TRD Pro. That pickup truck absolutely obliterates cars in its path, especially the lighter ones lol.
  • I have finally made some progress in my art project again! This one definitely finished my day on a positive note and I'm very happy with that. 😌

• I went to walmart today and somehow managed to carry a case of cat food, 2 big containers of litter and a few other things back on the bus. It was so heavy and one of the handles on my reusable grocery bag broke but I was able to do it, I'm glad I'm stocked up on stuff for the cats for awhile. Also, there was a really nice lady, we almost hit eachother's carts and I said I'm sorry, she was smiling and was really nice about it, said it was okay and I said thank you and smiled and moved on, anyway it was nice because she was smiling and it's nice to see people and in a good/friendly mood. And when I went to get on the bus to go home I had a lot of really heavy bags with me and a guy let me go ahead of him, and he was very kind too. So yeah it was nice, a nice contrast to the ride there where a lady was cursing out another lady for simply asking a question
  • I paid for a subscription to a meditation app. I used to meditate an hour a day and it really helped my anxiety so I'm hoping to get back into it. It will take time to get back to that amount though because my focus is bad from over a year of not meditating at all. So I'm looking forward to using it
  • Overall it's been a pretty good day. Tomorrow I have an appointment and also a phone call to see about getting a volunteer position. Really nervous but excited too. :)
Post automatically merged:

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply again last night.
- I made it through a busy day at work.
- The weather was fairly nice today. It only rained in the afternoon while I was busy working.
- I had some jalapeno poppers for dinner and they were delicious.
- Only four more days of work and then I'm off for a whole week!

Jalapeno poppers are the best! I've been eating a lot of them lately, I keep stocking up on them whenever I go to a store that has the ones I like, they're so good lol :)

Had a yummy breakfast of bagels and tea. 🥯🫖

We let the puppies out of their pen for a bit so they can run around, it was really fun playing with them and petting them. 🐶

My grandma made us some baked goods, specifically muffins and zucchini bread! 🍞

Been re-watching Poofesure's Wii Sports videos and enjoying them, right now I'm watching his video wii sports raging and funny moments - bowling. This is also where one of his characters, dudydude, originated from! :D

@/Mr_Persona made me some Miis for my Tomodachi Life game and I am so happy about it, Triforce Island is getting more diverse. :blush:

Made quite a bit of progress in Wii Sports Resort today, in Swordplay Speed Slice I got all the stamps and beat the Champion, Matt!! :eek: This also means that I have officially beaten Matt in all three Swordplay modes, which I'm really proud of! I also got the max amount of experience points (2500) in Duel and Speed Slice, so now I've completed the entire Swordplay sport 100%!! 😁 I also won a couple matches in Table Tennis Match - I now have enough experience points to compete against Lucía, the Table Tennis Champion!
Inkeda4sy5e4iaezq.jpg

Inkedofnpmucneeja.jpg

Inkedik3pawcqigya.jpg

went to my internship today and I got a lot done :)
I got to go to the record store and while there weren't many tapes (bc apparently in the last 2 months people have suddenly become interested in cassettes lol) I did find the album "Why Not Me" by The Judds. I really like that song and tbh all the songs on it are good so I'm glad I could get it!
I also got to go to the thrift store and while there weren't any webkinz, I did find the beanie baby bear named 1999 and two beanie boos, one is a blue poodle named Mandy and the other is a blue/green leopard named Leona :3
by some miracle I actually managed to motivate myself to clean (for the first time in like a month) and I couldn't get everything but I got a lot of cleaning done in my room!! it looks a lot better in here now! I tend to feel worse when there's lots of clutter so finally being able to clean feels so great :blush:
it's not official yet but we may be adopting a new kitten soon! he's a kitten who lives at the cat rescue I'm working at and he is absolutely the sweetest boy ever. he's fluffy like our other boys, and he's also orange and white just like our late cat Xander. obv he could never replace Xander but I feel like he would be a perfect addition to our family. and I am letting my mom claim him bc I hate to see her so torn up over losing Xander. this boy's name is Dodge and I hope he can make my mom happy again 💞
20220728-124320.jpg
I have plans tomorrow to do a bit of rearranging in my room. I also want to go through all my stuffed animals and put them somewhere else since they take up so much space in my room atm. that should be fun!
I'm gonna spend the evening recording a new youtube video, if I don't get it edited and uploaded tonight it should be up tomorrow :D

I'm very glad that today has been another good day for me. :)
  • The weather was pretty nice today.
  • I saw my dream car again parked near the side of the road after picking up my mother from work. What's really special is that it's the first time seeing one in yellow indy pearl colour! Wow, it looks great in person just like the one I drive in Gran Turismo.
  • Listening to a lot of music! I decided to look up soundtracks from Mario Kart Super Circuit and someone recreated them from scratch as if they've been decompressed from the Gameboy Advance limitations. As a person who played Super Circuit as their first Mario Kart back in first grade and played it every day after coming home from school, it brought a smile to my face. 😁 Seriously, this theme is underrated as heck, and the track is fun for constantly going over jump ramps after getting a speed boost.
  • I've completed another piece for my art project! It took me the whole day because it's yet again one of those pieces that are challenging my skills. I'm still far away from being a pro, but I really like how it turned out. I hope this momentum will continue like this for the next few days!

In lieu of missing the past couple days, here's something abstract I just realized that makes me incredibly happy:

That my mom and everyone else who isn't in my life right now didn't just leave... they all boosted me up to where I am now. I am stronger because of everyone.

t3KJemm.jpg

vFO8syu.jpg

(And also my current aesthetic is 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 !!!)

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply last night.
- Work wasn't too bad today.
- I have a massage therapy appointment tomorrow.
- My husband was really sweet to me.
- I'm still loving all the backdrops around the forum.
- I was looking through some old photos of my New Leaf town to grab some for the Jay Appreciation thread and it was so nostalgic. I had pictures of planting the town tree, celebrations of each villager's birthday throughout my town's history, all of my PWP ceremonies and more.

Been messing around with my Steam Deck that I got last week and am very impressed with the capabilities of this thing. It's basically a more powerful Switch, a PC in your hand and can be docked for the tv. Capable of handling any emulator, I downloaded Animal Crossing GameCube and wow the flashbacks! Looking forward to seeing what else it can do, lots of fun :D

- I've been sleeping well for over a week. It has been great!

- Been eating healthier and fresh foods.

- I FINALLY watched the end of Regular Show after all these years. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the show ended.
I can't believe Pops died though, lol

- My partner has been sweet.

- I found out that my career job is being extended! I am over the moon happy with this in particular. :D

- I wished on Yoimiya's rerun banner yesterday in Genshin Impact and got her C1! I'm also guaranteed now and have 30 wishes to use. Going to keep building it up for Sumeru! 😤

LzuMy5f.jpg

getting a new (to me) pc today! its my sisters PC, she hasnt used it much but i built it for her with mid-range gaming in mind. she's getting my laptop in return which has the same specs inside, just smaller storage. so it's a fair trade since she much prefers laptops.

Tryin to focus on the more positive things that happened at work today-

I got to see one of my favourite dogs at work. I have many favourites, and she comes every Wednesday, but I still like seeing her cause she's sweet and likes to say hello (or like that one time, screamed at me for attention as I literally just entered the room).

This other dog was a weirdo but in a cute way. He's a big doodle so I'm sitting on the ground drying him off, so we're at like the same height with him standing and me sitting. Dogs already have zero concept of personal space. This one would slowly creep his face closer and closer to mine until he was literally (lightly) pushing his face on me. I would give him kisses cause he's cute. He gave me some kisses and he would also shove his head under my chin and in my neck, or lay his head on my shoulders. He was kind of a butt for letting me dry his head, but he makes up for it by giving cuddles.

- I've been sleeping well for over a week. It has been great!

- Been eating healthier and fresh foods.

- I FINALLY watched the end of Regular Show after all these years. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the show ended.
I can't believe Pops died though, lol

- My partner has been sweet.

- I found out that my career job is being extended! I am over the moon happy with this in particular. :D

- I wished on Yoimiya's rerun banner yesterday in Genshin Impact and got her C1! I'm also guaranteed now and have 30 wishes to use. Going to keep building it up for Sumeru! 😤

LzuMy5f.jpg

I forgot to mention, I have racked up more than $200 in rewards cash on my credit card, and I just purchased a new bed! :D

Back