• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply last night and didn't feel quite so tired today.
- I got all of my work done and no major issues came up.
- I had one of my Fair entries accepted. More tickets!
- We met all the goals for the Wishing Well and received our rewards. Even more tickets!
- I made my submission for the latest round of Where is Gnome.
- My husband was very sweet to me today.
- My dog snuggled with me today.
- This is not just today, but over the past week I've seen a lot of animals and that always make me happy. I saw my bat friend, Mortimer, my mom's cat, some puppies and kittens, squirrels, a groundhog, a cicada that had just emerged from its shell, and a huge fishing spider the size of my palm. 🖤

I finished the last Forest of the Lustrous coloring page!! ;v; Got to play around with my favorite color combo a bunch too (have I talked about my love of pink with green/teal yet), so that made it extra fun.
We hit all the Wishing Well milestones for this round! 🎉
I also enjoyed working on my entry for the last round of Whimsical Wardrobes this evening!
I went ahead and got a few collectibles I really wanted from the shop! ^^ I had my heart set on getting the Lily of the Valley, Fair patch, and Pearlescent Crystal from the beginning, so I'm thrilled to already have those and a couple more.

In holidays (Crete, Greece) just out of the pool, baby asleep and continuing on this beautiful lineart for "Forest of the lustrous", ice coffee to my left.. can't complain :love:
IMG-20220831-112607.jpg

It’s been so long since I listened to Prince and... Purple Rain is so unbelievably beautiful. The album though the is song too ofc. I’m not really a pop person but Prince is transcendent. Listening to this again bought back memories. I stopped listening to Prince because of exes (nothing really bad, I just associated it with disappointment since they were all annoyed by his music?) and- wow Take Me With U is as good and touches me as much as I ever remembered. Let’s Go Crazy, The Beautiful Ones, When Doves Cry, all masterpieces, even Computer Blue (the weakest song there) is pretty great, and in the context of the album fills it out a bit more in an excellent way. There isn’t really anyone else like Prince, or anything I could replace his music/aesthetic with, rediscovering this feeling makes me so happy.

My husband played Monster Hunter Rise with me and said he’ll get Splatoon 3 so we could play that together too.

Neighbor’s cat visited in our backyard. So cute!

The leak in the AC got finally fixed.

Got some new stuff for my island. Haven’t played in a while and I’m so happy with the redecoration I did.

This week is continuing to go well! :]

- I got good sleep last night. 💤

- Work is going well and I'll have this Friday through Monday off for a four day weekend! 🥳

- My partner has been super sweet as usual. 💚

- Going to go clothes shopping this weekend finally! 👕

- Also going to stop by the bank this week so I can receive my tax return + inheritance! 💸

My headache subsided after a few hours. I knew I shouldn’t have drank that sparkling tea.
I hung out with my favorite person. She texts me at 10:00 PM asking me if I’m still up for it and I didn’t end up replying until 4:00 AM as I’d just woken up to go pee. But she replied immediately (not even a second later) and I’m here for that loyalty.
I love how she keeps her phone on in case I need her.
Keagan ended up being cordial with her dogs despite one of them being male. He gets weird around other male dogs, but I’m so happy he was being good.

some things have made me happy recently!

I really want/need to point this out, and I hope @/Shellzilla_515 doesn't mind me showing off some drawings he has done for me, but I'm honestly blown away by the improvement he's made in his art over the last few months. these are two drawings of the same character, only separated by about 6 months. they're both fantastic but you can really see how much he's improved and I just love that!!!
shellzilla515-toucat.png
lnqRuv1.jpeg

got to visit my doctor today, to talk abt my medication as well as my recurring sinus issues. he recommends that I try taking a daily allergy medicine (like Zyrtec) since allergies often cause chronic sinus issues, and he's also gonna find someone he can refer me to in order to have an allergy test done (been wanting to get one for a while anyways). and as for my meds, he's adding Wellbutrin onto what I'm already taking in hopes that it will complement the other meds (and if it does I may be able to reduce the dosage of one of them). I really hope it works bc I'm so tired of dealing with depression. tired of being tired 😔

I'm obsessed w these kacheek plushies rn lol. I'm getting the cloudy one tomorrow, and a few others within the week, and I'm so hyped 😭
I'm also thinking abt giving them all names, might run another tbt contest to do that but idk yet.

my SO has returned home today after his trip and we'll have a chance to call tonight 💕 I'm so glad he's home now bc he's been super anxious the last few days and I worry abt him when he's upset.

yesterday I went to the game store/lounge in the mall and I didn't have much money to spend but I did pick out a few loose pokemon cards I really liked :3
I was really happy to find the Team Magma card (they're my favorite pokemon team) and the Reshiram and Zekrom cards are super cool! also the Cyrus card is what made me decide to buy these initially, the pic below doesn't do it justice. the top four cards and the Growlithe are all holos as well! and ofc I couldn't forget to mention the german card lol.
20220830-151245.jpg

idk that starry night city bg is such a vibe lol
20220830-151313.jpg

I had some potstickers for lunch and they were tasty as always :p

I'm gonna go lie down for a bit and possibly hopefully take a nap, and then spend the evening doing fun stuff like sorting/playing with my plushies and/or editing videos for yt 😌

This someone who I mentioned here a few times suddenly sent a message and greeted me on my "special day" and what really touched me is her doing this simple thing of showing me an animation of a disney princess holding a cake while blowing a candle. It was so adorable and sweet. I know it's the first time this year that I haven't had my late partner baked me a cake with the candle at midnight along with my daughter surprising me, but that was thoughtful of her to send me that as if she's doing it in their place. It made me shed tears of joy. She's also the first to greet me apart from my mom. That really made my supposedly sad/boring day. She is a gift to me.

I was really nervous about my first day of school, but it actually went great! I got the courses I really wanted (cooking and drama), my History classes are in English instead of French, I share the same classes as my best friend (except for French *sob*), the cafeteria served free lunch, I got to chat with some of my old teachers, and I also have the same English teacher as last year too! I think my social life is becoming a bit better too, I was really talkative today with my friends - I also talked about Animal Crossing with one of them for the whole period, which was fun. :)

I got to help my brother cut his hair! We're gonna donate the hair so they can make wigs for cancer patients (according to my dad), so I'm happy we're doing this for a good cause. Plus I'm feeling pretty proud for my brother cutting his own hair, and we also got to bond together. 😊

I made oatmeal cookies yesterday and they're very tasty! I'm pretty proud of myself because I made them from scratch instead of using a pre-made mix. 🍪

My Tomodachi Life game has been great! :D
-Decided to try the Tomodachi Quest 'game' and got a gold bar, which is the most expensive treasure selling at $1000! 💰

-Got a ruined meal from a dream Eva had. I'm still deciding who to give it to - Trash food is rare, but I mean the Miis never like it. XD

-Gave a Mii a travel ticket and they took their sweetheart with them to China! I had gotten all the travel ticket/location-specific treasures except for the China one (panda plush), so this was great! 🐼

-Recreated some AC villagers and added them to my game! I also made some of Poofesure's Miis for fun (seeing that I already have a few like Beef Boss and Dudydude), specifically Fishsticks and Alfonso. Great additions to Triforce Island! :)

1661997135352.png
1661997083820.png

I'm listening to a Friday Night Funkin' cover of Go K.K. Rider. At first I was pretty hesitant to click on it (my YouTube feed is already littered with unwanted FNF videos), but it's actually pretty good! 🏎️

Went to the store with my brother and bought some snacks! I got myself a pack of gummy worms. 🪱🍬 I'm probably gonna eat those while watching Poofesure's Wii Party videos! 🎉

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept deeply again last night.
- I had a decent day at work without too much going on.
- The weather was really nice today, sunny and warm but not hot.
- I took the opportunity to work on my Enchanted Elixir entry and I think it turned out pretty well.
- I checked on my mom since she's been dealing with Covid fatigue and she said she was feeling a bit better today.
- I had a chocolate milkshake for dessert this evening.
- Two more days of work and then it's the weekend.

some things have made me happy recently!

I really want/need to point this out, and I hope @/Shellzilla_515 doesn't mind me showing off some drawings he has done for me, but I'm honestly blown away by the improvement he's made in his art over the last few months. these are two drawings of the same character, only separated by about 6 months. they're both fantastic but you can really see how much he's improved and I just love that!!!
shellzilla515-toucat.png
lnqRuv1.jpeg

got to visit my doctor today, to talk abt my medication as well as my recurring sinus issues. he recommends that I try taking a daily allergy medicine (like Zyrtec) since allergies often cause chronic sinus issues, and he's also gonna find someone he can refer me to in order to have an allergy test done (been wanting to get one for a while anyways). and as for my meds, he's adding Wellbutrin onto what I'm already taking in hopes that it will complement the other meds (and if it does I may be able to reduce the dosage of one of them). I really hope it works bc I'm so tired of dealing with depression. tired of being tired 😔

my SO has returned home today after his trip and we'll have a chance to call tonight 💕 I'm so glad he's home now bc he's been super anxious the last few days and I worry abt him when he's upset.
I don't mind it at all, Bug! One thing I need to point out, though, is that my old drawing of Toucat is from February 2021, so it's actually well over a year ago. 😅 Regardless, if you showed my 2021 self the improved Toucat drawing I made, I wouldn't have believed you. Have you also noticed that the background colours are exactly the same? 👀 And pardon my language, but I hope you'll kick depression's ass very soon. Finally, I hope you had a great time talking with your significant other and being able to comfort him from his anxiety!
-----------------------------------------------

Well then, I'll list some stuff from the past couple of days:

Over the past couple of days
  • I asked my dad for an F1 TV Pro subscription as a b-day gift and finally got it after two years of asking for it lol. Now I don't have to deal with cable TV playing the roulette whether or not they'll televise the races. I ended up missing a good number of them because of this. Not only I can watch it live from my laptop, but I can also get to watch Formula 2, Formula 3, and apparently the Porsche Supercup. They also have a few documentaries and even some of the classic races. I took a quick look at a race taking place in 1988 and saw Ayrton Senna driving the McLaren MP4/4, which is the same one I drove in Gran Turismo 7! I noticed there were some minor differences in terms of the livery and appearance, though.
  • Continuing to enjoy the mango cake I got for my b-day. 😋
  • I had to go to a grocery store to get a couple of things (again...) and saw a Hotwheels toy that caught my eye, the same place where I got the Honda S2000 a while back. That car in question is the McLaren F1! Here's something interesting about it. We all know that the driver's side of a car is either on the left or right depending on where you are in the world. Well, the driver's seat of the McLaren F1 is placed right in the centre much like a Formula 1 car, and with two rearview mirrors for good measure!
IMG_6679.JPG

IMG_6680.JPG

Today (August 31, 2022)
  • I slept very well last night. Got somewhere around 8 hours of sleep as a result.
  • I had to drive somewhere today and took the opportunity to use The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Special Orchestra CD that came in with Skyward Sword for the Wii over a decade ago. It was nice listening to it after not hearing it for years. There was The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement that gave me a lot of nostalgia for playing that game (the Wii U version that is). Even my sister got a bit of nostalgia since she also played Wind Waker (but didn't get too far and never completed it lol).
  • I took a small nap.
  • I had a tasty dinner!
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and finally managed to win this one race after struggling with it real bad back in April. I constantly had to drive to the limit and strategically change the fuel mix at the same time. There was also an incident where I braked too late into a corner and paid a visit to someone's lawn for a bit lol. Thankfully, I was able to claw back into the lead after and managed to win. It felt so satisfying crossing the finish line in 1st. I was soooo far back from the leader in my previous attempt.
Yup! I used the Beetle Gr.3 for this race which requires me to use a Group 3 car. You're probably tired of this already, but I still love this livery so much. Perhaps the power of rainbows and Waluigi helped me out here lol. I, uhh, picked up a few scratches thanks to my noob driving. Sorry about that, Bug!
Daytona Road Course__1.jpeg

Trying to duke it out against the Subaru WRX Gr.3.
Daytona Road Course__3.jpeg

Daytona Road Course__2.jpeg

I found some official art of one of my favorite characters that I hadn't seen before!
We got the last round of Witch's Quest today! I really love these scavenger hunt type events. ;v;
I haven't been doing so great this evening, but my tuxie kitty keeps trying to give me his toy mouse 😭

managed to secure front pitch standing tickets for harry styles!! after queueing for hours in the morning and getting absolutely nothing finally managed to pull through in the most stressful five minutes of my life 🙏🏻
also payday today!! so win win really

Last edited:
I don't mind it at all, Bug! One thing I need to point out, though, is that my old drawing of Toucat is from February 2021, so it's actually well over a year ago. 😅 Regardless, if you showed my 2021 self the improved Toucat drawing I made, I wouldn't have believed you. Have you also noticed that the background colours are exactly the same? 👀 And pardon my language, but I hope you'll kick depression's ass very soon. Finally, I hope you had a great time talking with your significant other and being able to comfort him from his anxiety!
I guess I read it wrong, it was already over a year ago?? I still think it's an absolutely wonderful improvement and I can't wait to see what the next year holds for you 😊
also I did in fact notice that the bg colors were the same! I thought that was a nice touch.

in speaking of my SO, last night was a bit hectic. it was his first night home after he got back from his trip and his depression was hitting really bad bc his youngest sister is in Chicago for college now, and on top of everything else he's been dealing with now he's upset that she's gone. we were on a call and he went silent and started to panic and started to talk badly abt himself. so I spent two hours talking to him and trying to help him feel better. by the end of the night he was crying tears of happiness bc I said that if his family and friends don't care then mine will, and that he's the love of my life and I don't want to lose him. needless to say despite our weaknesses and downsides we're both doing well and we're very happy together. I couldn't ask for a better SO and I really hope that the future holds great things for him 💖💖

(also yesterday was our 4 week anniversary so yay!!!l

- Got a couple of dresses in the mail! They even wrote a note apologizing they sent them a bit late so that was sweet tbf c:
- Sorted out a customs invoice that I noticed were way too high so hopefully they send out a new one soon (some tiny cheap stuff I ordered from Japan and they admitted they got the value ****ed up LOL)

Back