• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I'm back in this thread lol:
  • The weather was nice and sunny.
  • I watched a free practice session for Formula 1 that's taking place in the Netherlands at Zandvoort this weekend. Taking advantage of the F1 TV subscription I got a few days ago, I find it cool how I can view onboard cameras on different drivers provided they weren't in the pit garage. On top of that, I got to hear the radio messages between the driver and their race engineer pretty much live!
  • Feel free to skip this point. I spotted a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE for the first time! This Camaro is more track-focused compared to the other trims, and the year model should be from 2018 onwards. Anyway, It's another one of those moments where I slowly approach or wait at an intersection plus, it's been quite a while since I've last spotted a car that's yet to be identified. After adding it to my identified cars list, I find it pretty awesome how there's some variety in there. :D
  • I ate a chicken sandwich from Jollibee.
  • Played a bit of Gran Turismo 7.
  • I caught up on all the rounds for witch's quest and all of my submissions were accepted!
  • Just contributing fairy dust for the wishing well. I really love activities and events that involve the whole community working together towards a goal.

- I ate some orange chicken at a Chinese restaurant that just opened!
- The weather wasn’t too hot, so I took a brisk walk (which I haven’t been able to do much of recently).
- My ADHD medication is working wonderfully. I can finally focus on both studying and my hobbies without getting distracted every 10 minutes.

Today has been really up and down for me, but there are several things that made me happy.

- I slept well last night and didn't feel too tired in the morning.
- The weather was pleasant, sunny, and warm again today.
- I completed the most important tasks at work, so I don't have to worry about things over the weekend.
- I have a three day weekend because of Labor Day!
- I watched the first episode of The Rings of Power. Planning to watch the second episode tomorrow.
- I managed to check in every few hours and earn fairy dust.
- I made a couple more submissions and some have already been accepted.
- We're about to reach our goal for Farley and unlock that gorgeous blue potion!
- We're over halfway to the goal for Serena. Unlocking both potions really seems doable.
- The staff took pity on us and gave us a bonus round. I don't know if I'll get it or not, but it's still appreciated.
- Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

I finally got the shiny inkay today! 🎉🥳

CA8D999A-57B9-4657-B808-E88973F4CCCC.png

Then I decided to evolve it ;)

591442B9-4B58-4610-9E35-A1CF58271225.png

- Tried a new vanilla protein pudding which was surprisingly nice, I ate it with some scotch pancakes, I'm happy bc I haven't eaten them in like a year and I think I missed them lol 🥰

- Excited to see my friend tomorrow for lunch

- It's finally raining! I feel like it hasn't rained in a long while, so it's kind of a relief even if my area of the country isn't in a drought or anything

got up really early today (about 5:40am to be exact) and I went to help at a breakfast that's held once a month Sept-June, I haven't been there for a while so going and seeing some familiar faces and reconnecting was pretty nice :)
at least it was nice once the people I trusted got there, before that I was a little eh bc I haven't really gone there much since I came out as nb/trans

after that I went to the thrift store yet again to look for plushies and I found a lot of great ones today!! I got nine plushies for $9, love getting deals on stuff I like lol. I got matching Mickey and Minnie plushies that are both decently sized, a big horse plushie that's really squishy and soft and fluffy (aka perfect for snuggle timeeee), two easter beanie baby bears and two thanksgiving ones, a dog with a collar that says I <3 U, and a pig (the dog and pig are also beanie babies). my late maternal grandma used to love collecting beanie babies and today I told my mom (prob not for the first time) that grandma would be proud of my ty collection :blush:
20220903-185036.jpg

I also have some great news (okay it's lowkey great not like a big announcement lol): my kacheek army is growing! I now have six of the seven different keychain plushies, the only one I'm missing is the regular blue one. I still think the starry one is my favorite, but I really love all these little guys. it's nostalgic to see the green one again after prob a decade or more, and it's neat seeing the ones I didn't have as a kid 😁
20220903-140206.jpg

two days ago we finally brought home our new baby Dodger! I've been working at my current job for a month now and I always loved seeing this boy when I went in. he reminds me so much of Xander (especially in his appearance) and I wanted to get him for my mom. he's home now, and he's kinda attached to me since he knows me the best, but he's already starting to open up and play with the other kitties, especially Miko. Dodger is such a sweet boy (he's also quite clingy lol) I'm so happy we could give him a forever home :blush:
20220903-172359.jpg

I played some Wii Sports last night and even though it was somewhat brief I had fun!

the community managed to unlock both rosewater potions and I'm so proud of everyone who contributed 💕

my SO and I have been together for almost a month and it's still going very well, gets better and better each day honestly!

I was able to get caught up on everyone's Hero's Crossing short stories today!! I fell behind on the last day of entries, but I'm happy to say that I've read all of them now!
I'm sorry you had to read my awful cranked out story lol

Just came home with this little guy! View attachment 457921
OH MY GOD ITS A BEEEEEAAAAAAAANNNNNNN

(ever time i see a golden retriever I call them a bean, hence my dog being named sunny bean lol)

edit: broken spoiler lol whoops

Last edited:
Got great goodwill finds! Brand new Rainbow High doll and Hogwarts castle playset. My goodwill is getting better these past months. Also i can sorta talk better now. Voice is back mostly and my throat is better i guess. Throat feels like i've been talking alot but i haven't, at least its not scratchy sore where i cant speak.

Today has been a fantastic day and it's been a great four day weekend... and it's only half over! : O

- I managed to get all my laundry done.

- My partner has been super extra sweet to me.

- I reached C6 with Collei in Genshin Impact.

- I got paid yesterday, which was good.

- Speaking of money, I'm finally receiving it! I'm about to receive a check for eight times what's currently in my bank account. It's all from my tax returns + my inheritance from my mom. It'll be a huge and welcome boost. Probably not enough for my own place quite yet, but it will put me a LOT closer to that.

- Wasn't today, but I'm also glad that I'm not going to have to pay as much in student loans. : P

- We did it! We managed to reach all the milestones for The Wishing Well in the TBTF 2022 and unlocked both potions! I have to say, the community really exceeded my expectations and worked fantastically well together as a team.

- I'm also glad I changed my username from Venti, as it feels more appropriate to have the name of an anime character than someone from a Chinese video game. And Naofumi suits me really well as a character. 😎

- Probably about to buy some Rebel Gnomes in the shop as well. Excited about that.

@xSuperMario64x don't apologize! Leopold's one of my favorite villagers, and it was really cool getting to see him in the spotlight! ^^

We unlocked both the rosewater potions in the Wishing Well!!! 💙💗 I'm so thrilled and so proud of everyone's efforts—I already got each of mine, and got myself a Rose Crystal and Citrine Crystal too! I'm also really looking forward to getting a good night's rest tonight after two nights of sacrificing sleep to stay on the dust grind. 😆
I played some Style Savvy: Styling Star for a bit today, and met another new customer!
Watched some Youtube with my family!
I was able to find some rare art of one of my faves that I've been looking for for ages!! ;v; It was from a Japan-only gacha game that I'm pretty sure is also defunct now. I'm so happy aaaaa

I am really happy that I was able to play another round of Mario Party Superstars online for the Fair today! It was really fun and I was able to enjoy it a lot, especially with being able to take 1st place in the end! It definitely helped that my internet cooperated a lot more this time around, so there was a lot less lag which made it a lot nicer (and a lot less stressful) to play! On top of that, I enjoyed attending both MK8D sessions for the Fair today and had fun with them (even if I wasn't nearly as dominant as I was last night, lmao), and I enjoyed the chicken strips that I had picked up from A&W when getting my family's lunch!

@Naofumi Love the name change and new avatar! And he still works with your green theme.

@Foreverfox What a precious puppy! I bet he and your son will get along really well.

Today I'm happy about many things:

- I got some much needed sleep and, even though I did get up early to gather fairy dust, I went back to bed for a few hours afterwards.
- I finally got my Death Angel Mushroom Lamp plus a Butterfly Wand and I bought a Lily of the Valley and Gleaming Butterfly myself. I only need two more collectibles to complete my dream lineup and I should be able to afford one after the final tickets are distributed.
- We unlocked both of the new potion collectibles! They look so pretty as a pair. I'll be buying one of each as soon as I complete my lineup.
- The new gnome and Enchanted Bloom collectibles were revealed and they are each awesome in their own way.
- My team is doing a great job of working through the quiz questions and I'm glad I've been able to contribute.
- I had a good day at home with my husband and my dog.
- I still have two more days off from work.

Back