• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I have lots to be happy about! :)

first and foremost I want to give a huge SO to @Shellzilla_515 for generously and selflessly gifting me his bluebird plushie. I was whole-heartedly expecting to pay top bell for it because I have a lineup idea that I would love to do with it involving the butterfly wand. out of his graciousness he gave me this bluebird and attached a really sweet message to it. my dude I'm absolutely forever in your debt, you are just too nice to me 🥰 💙

I have a package I'm gonna mail to my SO today, which has a few webkinz plushies that I had doubles of as well as a heartfelt note that he can read when he's sad (like he did for me). I also attached some pride stickers to the note and I said even if he can't use them rn (bc his parents are kinda homophobic/transphobic) that they would prob make him happy anyways. hoping the shipping won't cost too much but I left myself a decent amount of money to work with so I could get this mailed out for him 💕

I have today and tomorrow off, so I'm gonna try to get some things done (but if I can't get them done I'll try really hard not to be upset with myself, I know it's bc of my untreated ADHD and not bc I'm a bad person). I'm also glad I'll get to stay up late or sleep in as I want to :)

I have a few drawing ideas I might sketch out this week, and I'm also interested in getting into simple 2D animation. I've actually been interested in animation for many years but I never had the patience for it, I'm thinking I might try it now cause the short animations I've done in the past on Flipnote Studio were actually pretty great! I would love to try to animate my boy Sterling doing something, that would make me so happy ☺️🦊

Dodger has been home for about 4-5 days now and he's doing really well. he's opened up a lot, he's running around the house with the other kitties, and he seems to be getting along well. I know the people at the rescue work hard to take care of those kitties but I'm so grateful that we're able to give Dodger a forever home. I wish I could just adopt all those kitties and give them good homes 😔❤️

yesterday when I got home from work I didn't want to lie down and sink into my depression again, so I made myself pull out my polymer clay box and do some stuff with that. I ended up spending almost 2 hours finishing a project I started over a month ago, and I really like how it turned out!! what is it you might ask?
it's the Spindel from Super Mario 64 lol. child me would've loved this. I wish I could go back to 2012 and give this to my younger self. he's not perfect by any means but I still absolutely love it!
now I wonder if I should make him a Grindel friend too 🤔
20220905-183552.jpg
20220905-183559.jpg

20220905-183607.jpg

I'm gonna try my best to make today a good day, even if it's a low energy day. as frustrating as it is to constantly have days where I only have like three spoons and they're depleted within an hour or so, I'm learning to love and accept myself and I need to take better care of myself. thinking today might be another self care day 💅 💕

Today (so far) and yesterday have been good days

Yesterday
•I FINALLY got my second lobes re-pierced after an infection+healing from it closed the one hole quite some time ago and my other hole closed up rather quickly. I had my earring out for a week and couldn't put it back in. I've had my first lobes out for way longer and they never closed up. Oh well.
•I got a bunch of new Squishamallows
•I also got some bracelets

Today
•I got off of work really early due to alot of people being out which made it slow. Also because of this I made lunch at home and had an actual meal rather than my single applesauce I would have had on my work lunch break.

Finally got around to taking mom out for her bday. We went to an a&w so she could get those root beer float freeze things (she loves root beer stuff) which is more like a milkshake than a freeze. It was super good. Very vanilla-y and thick.
Then I tried another Bisquick recipe which flopped like others from the internet, but I think I know how to fix it so I'm excited to try it again another day.
I got some more pinwheels made from old "pop" cans to put on the fence outside to keep birds away. They are actually pretty fun to make. The movement and glare scare birds. Now I know why people put pinwheels outside.

Today was a pretty good day. I just wish this blob of sadness in the middle of my chest would leave. It's been strong this week but it isn't without reason I suppose. News headlines

I have lots to be happy about! :)

first and foremost I want to give a huge SO to @Shellzilla_515 for generously and selflessly gifting me his bluebird plushie. I was whole-heartedly expecting to pay top bell for it because I have a lineup idea that I would love to do with it involving the butterfly wand. out of his graciousness he gave me this bluebird and attached a really sweet message to it. my dude I'm absolutely forever in your debt, you are just too nice to me 🥰 💙

I have a package I'm gonna mail to my SO today, which has a few webkinz plushies that I had doubles of as well as a heartfelt note that he can read when he's sad (like he did for me). I also attached some pride stickers to the note and I said even if he can't use them rn (bc his parents are kinda homophobic/transphobic) that they would prob make him happy anyways. hoping the shipping won't cost too much but I left myself a decent amount of money to work with so I could get this mailed out for him 💕

I have today and tomorrow off, so I'm gonna try to get some things done (but if I can't get them done I'll try really hard not to be upset with myself, I know it's bc of my untreated ADHD and not bc I'm a bad person). I'm also glad I'll get to stay up late or sleep in as I want to :)

I have a few drawing ideas I might sketch out this week, and I'm also interested in getting into simple 2D animation. I've actually been interested in animation for many years but I never had the patience for it, I'm thinking I might try it now cause the short animations I've done in the past on Flipnote Studio were actually pretty great! I would love to try to animate my boy Sterling doing something, that would make me so happy ☺️🦊

Dodger has been home for about 4-5 days now and he's doing really well. he's opened up a lot, he's running around the house with the other kitties, and he seems to be getting along well. I know the people at the rescue work hard to take care of those kitties but I'm so grateful that we're able to give Dodger a forever home. I wish I could just adopt all those kitties and give them good homes 😔❤️

yesterday when I got home from work I didn't want to lie down and sink into my depression again, so I made myself pull out my polymer clay box and do some stuff with that. I ended up spending almost 2 hours finishing a project I started over a month ago, and I really like how it turned out!! what is it you might ask?
it's the Spindel from Super Mario 64 lol. child me would've loved this. I wish I could go back to 2012 and give this to my younger self. he's not perfect by any means but I still absolutely love it!
now I wonder if I should make him a Grindel friend too 🤔
20220905-183552.jpg
20220905-183559.jpg

20220905-183607.jpg

I'm gonna try my best to make today a good day, even if it's a low energy day. as frustrating as it is to constantly have days where I only have like three spoons and they're depleted within an hour or so, I'm learning to love and accept myself and I need to take better care of myself. thinking today might be another self care day 💅 💕
Thank you for the kind words, Bug. 💙 I also know for a fact that you love plushies in general, so it makes sense that you should have the bluebird of happiness collectible instead. I just love seeing my friends being happy. 😇 And it'd be awesome to see an animation from you featuring your OCs someday!

---------------------------------------

The past few days have been eventful for me plus one that left me in a shoddy mood and I do not want to mention that day.

September 3, 2022
  • For pretty much the whole day, my sister and I went to this place where there were a bunch of rides you can go on. Initially, I didn't want to go, but after my dad said he bought two tickets for me and my sister, I went anyway. I'm very glad I did because I made lots of memories and pretty much had a lot of sibling bonding time. 😊 Now, I'm not usually the kind of person who would go on rides that has a lot of force, but I wanted to do it anyway. There's this one that we both went on that already had me scared, and it wasn't even going at the fastest speed. Once it did, I just held on tightly and thankfully lasted to the end. I asked my sister how we both survived it at all lol.
  • At the same place with the fun rides, we both went inside this building where there were a bunch of vendors that were showcasing or selling a bunch of stuff. One that caught my eye was that there was a sim rig setup with the steering wheel, pedals, and all that. People were trying it out playing F1 22 and just had to give it a go for a few laps in time trials! This was literally my first time ever playing a racing game with a steering wheel and pedals, so I overshot so many corners and scraped some walls. Plus, I ended up applying brakes on the clutch pedal once and you could imagine how that turned out LOL. But it was so cool turning the steering wheel, using the paddle shifters to change gears, a bit of trail braking, and applying the throttle carefully (even though there were some driving aids turned on). As for what track it took place on, it was on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Makes sense since I live in Canada after all. If you're curious about what lap time I did, it was somewhere around 1:21 with a lot of mistakes. Compare that to the fastest lap of Carlos Sainz during the 2022 Canadian Grand Prix, he did a 1:15.749. I think I need to go back to driving school. 😂
September 5, 2022
  • I went on a car stroll with my mother and sister.
  • The three of us saw a rough collie! I will never get tired of seeing them since they're a dog breed that's hard to spot from where I live.
  • Even though it was a cloudy day, I liked how the temperatures are starting to get colder. In fact, I was getting some autumn, cozy vibes from the temperature alone. Can't wait to chill indoors again while relaxing with a hot drink.
  • Making @/Roxxy and @/xSuperMario64x happy after gifting collectibles to them. They're great friends of mine and I'm glad they're touched by my kindness. It's a great feeling to know that I made a positive impact on them. 🥰 Actually, it wouldn't be possible in the first place had I not made any last-minute submissions for the fair and gotten some questions right for the quiz. Otherwise, I'd have to choose but I'm glad that wasn't the case. It's best that Roxxy and Bug keep the collectibles because...
September 6, 2022
  • Things are going to get busier for me in the coming weeks, so I unfortunately won't be as active here. I'd rather use up my tickets to gift Roxxy and Bug a gleaming butterfly spirit and bluebird of happiness respectively so they can cherish them rather than have it stored away in my inventory. Today was actually my first day at college and I personally enjoyed it. Some of my classes will do some hands-on stuff, so when I heard in one of my classes that will involve taking an engine apart and put back together, it brought a huge smile to my face! I'm actually pretty weak in terms of knowing the mechanics of a car and it'll be awesome learning the parts of it. I'll just leave it at that before I end up typing so much haha. 🏎️
  • Feel free to skip this point. Near the college I went to, I spotted a second-generation Dodge Viper GTS! 😮 It's so cool how I finally managed to see one in person with my own eyes many, many years later. I also tried to take a sneak peek at the interior. It made me happy to finally see one, though, my younger self would probably get scared since this car popped up a few times in those painful licence tests throughout the Gran Turismo series lol. Funnily enough, this car appeared in the used car dealership recently in 7 and bought it, so that's nice. This Dodge Viper also marks the milestone of being the 170th car in my identified cars list, so that's double awesome!
I'll still be lurking around the forums during my free time after completing some stuff. I'll be okay. :)

-Earlier today, I didn't get the email that I was waiting for. I knew that I had to call the establishment, but my phone anxiety kept pushing me back. Eventually I did work up the courage to call. Even if it's just for today, I'm glad that I managed to overcome this fear.

-I ate carne asada with rice and guacamole for dinner and s'mores for dessert.

Today I'm happy because:

- I watched 3 crows and a squirrel in my backyard. The squirrel wasn't happy with the crows picking at the nuts he wanted and kept attacking them despite being half their size. None of them were hurt and it was fun to watch their little interaction.
- I somehow managed to complete my high priority tasks at work even though I ran into several issues and kept getting interrupted all day.
- I watched the latest episode of House of the Dragon.
- I had a grilled cheese burrito from Taco Bell for dinner.
- There's a new ice cream place that just opened up nearby. I tried a raspberry waffle cone and it was delicious.
- My husband and dog were very sweet and loving.

I got Platinum on my PS4 copy of Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~! (I got the PS4 edition before the Switch version came out, but the Switch version had added content, so...) Honestly I just autoskipped through it, since I already 100%'d the Switch version and don't have time for a replay right now; it's just been really bugging me that I had the Platinum trophy for only two out of the three games. 😂
Also got the Wintertide Miracles PS4 avatars of Victor and Lupin!
Watched a little Youtube with my parents around dinnertime.
I played through a few more in-game days in Style Savvy: Styling Star this evening too!
Saw a cute little frog just chilling on the window. 🐸

I got Platinum on my PS4 copy of Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~! (I got the PS4 edition before the Switch version came out, but the Switch version had added content, so...) Honestly I just autoskipped through it, since I already 100%'d the Switch version and don't have time for a replay right now; it's just been really bugging me that I had the Platinum trophy for only two out of the three games. 😂
Also got the Wintertide Miracles PS4 avatars of Victor and Lupin!
Watched a little Youtube with my parents around dinnertime.
I played through a few more in-game days in Style Savvy: Styling Star this evening too!
Saw a cute little frog just chilling on the window. 🐸
Ooh do you know what kind of frog it was? : o

My partner had wanted to book a hotel room for her birthday later this month, but we were unable to afford it. Last night, it was coming up 11pm and I was grumpy after agonising over complex stats and programming since 10am, when my phone goes... and I'm in that bad a mood I almost don't answer it. For whatever reason, I check the screen and it's my best mate so I answer - she asked if I would have use for a voucher for a free stay at a 4-star hotel; her fiancé was gifted it earlier in the year and it was due to expire. It includes the room, a bottle of wine, two-course dinner, breakfast, gym access, the works. I look on the off-chance and despite it being less than two weeks away they had an eligible queen room still available on her birthday and we managed to book in. It's relatively local, but it's still the romantic night away she wanted and she's really excited for it! I'm so pleased right now that we managed to make this happen. This generous act had absolutely perfect timing. 🌹

I‘ve listened to Blackstar a lot. My emotional and philosophical growth continues and I’m more at peace with rather than merely accepting things.

Memories of someone who hurt me, I can finally look back on fondly. As memories separate from the person.

I love myself more than I lament my loneliness. At last.

New King Gizzard song.

What a lovely day.

Haha, YEAH, I did it!!! I now have enough money in my bank account to pay off my student loans and then some, AND my career job is going to hire me permanently!! That's not counting the money I'll be receiving starting next year from my own business! Everything is really coming together! This is what happens when you don't give up! :D 🤩 🥳

...I've been spending up to 5 nights a week away from home and ~12hrs a day in the laboratory trying to complete a malaria research project before I leave my current role next week, so it was easier to carve out a half hour each Saturday to go through the entries...
...I've got to go to work now and my calendar is absolutely packed this week—5,000-word report to produce over Mon-Wed and job interviews in other cities Thurs & Fri—so it may be a while before you receive [the tickets]...
It's done. That beast of a report is finally done.

Today I'm happy because:

- I made the choice to work from home today because I was feeling anti-social. I'm glad I have that option now.
- I made progress on the issue that came up at work yesterday.
- I had a good session with my massage therapist.
- My husband gave the bathroom a really good cleaning. It looks so nice in there.
- I'm already halfway through this short work week.

Back