What Are You Happy About Today?

So happy that Blossom has mostly done her business on the puppy training pads yesterday and into the early hours of this morning. There has only been a few mishaps! 🤣 She has been in her crate for a few hours sleeping on and off with hardly any crying unless I leave the room then I have to go back and settle her, then she's as good as gold! I've managed 4 hours sleep tonight rather than 2 last night! So, it's a victory! 🥰

I'm sorry you sound like you're having a rough day. I sincerely hope tomorrow will be better.

Thank you. I just had a bad day. I'll be fine.

Something I am happy about today is that I finally got through to my family, and they're listening to me more.

Thank you. I just had a bad day. I'll be fine.

Something I am happy about today is that I finally got through to my family, and they're listening to me more.
I'm very happy to hear you are slowly making progress, things take time to heal and it's necessary to take baby steps towards things.
Everyone has really rough days sometimes, it's normal and we won't judge you for it. I promise life will never be bad forever and things will change.

For lunch I made two yummy pieces of bread with peanut butter and sliced bananas with strawberries on the side
I wrote a nice journal entry for my spirituality and health care class in memory of my dear neighbor who passed away last year
I played Uno on the Switch with my good friend and we were on the same team!

I played Wii Sports and got two platinum medals in some of the baseball training modes!! I spent hours trying to get the medals (and failing miserably), and I'm so glad I finally got them. 😭
I'm far from done since I still have Swing Control in baseball as well as the other four sports, but I'm happy with my accomplishment today!
I also played a bit of regular baseball and beat the Champion, Sakura, for the third time! I've definitely gotten better at this sport. ⚾
IMG_20230122_144005~2.jpg

IMG_20230122_153524~2.jpg

While I was still playing baseball, I faced (post-Champion) Abby twice and beat her both times! (In exchange for an embarrassing loss on my part.) This is actually the first time I faced Abby in any sport, so that's cool!
IMG_20230121_234019.jpg

My epic win against the Champion of baseball, Sakura. 🌸
IMG_20230122_000616.jpg

I also got Yoko as my opponent. I ended up getting Mercy Rule'd, but I'll gladly take any opportunity to see my favorite CPU Mii. 🤍
IMG_20230121_235236~3.jpg

My step-mom made a delicious brunch! We were out of eggs, but it was still good nonetheless. My brother was pretty happy that I gave him some of my bacon, too. 🥓

I had a productive day today - I finished my English essay, took a shower, cleaned my room, and did my laundry! I don't even brush my hair most of the time on weekends, so I'm happy that I was able to get some stuff done. ^^

I somehow managed to make a perfect cup of coffee today and yesterday. Usually I add too much sugar and/or milk, but so far I've been able to add the right amount of both. ☕

Watched some more South Park. I'm still on season 6, but I'm in no rush to watch the later episodes (despite my anticipation).

I forgot to mention this, but last week was my one-year anniversary of joining TBT!! :D

This is actually for yesterday but I forgot to post oops. 01/22/2023

• My mom made a delicious big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and fruit
  • My friends surprised me with a birthday celebration (that was half Saturday and half today) where we stayed up super late partying
  • Tons of people here sent me birthday messages, thank you for everyone who sent one!
  • I also won Jadetine’s art raffle! I still need to make my character reference but I’m really excited for the art
  • Played my new copy of Pokemon Violet for a while
  • The new episode of The Owl House, “For the Future” came out yesterday, and it is absolutely amazing! I’m happy I managed to avoid the leaks, definitely worth the wait.
  • My cat was being adorable again. (The picture won’t load, stupid technology)
  • I started rewatching Harry Potter for the first time this year. I can’t wait to watch Chamber of Secrets on Friday!

This is actually for yesterday but I forgot to post oops. 01/22/2023

• My mom made a delicious big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and fruit
  • My friends surprised me with a birthday celebration (that was half Saturday and half today) where we stayed up super late partying
  • Tons of people here sent me birthday messages, thank you for everyone who sent one!
  • I also won Jadetine’s art raffle! I still need to make my character reference but I’m really excited for the art
  • Played my new copy of Pokemon Violet for a while
  • The new episode of The Owl House, “For the Future” came out yesterday, and it is absolutely amazing! I’m happy I managed to avoid the leaks, definitely worth the wait.
  • My cat was being adorable again. (The picture won’t load, stupid technology)
  • I started rewatching Harry Potter for the first time this year. I can’t wait to watch Chamber of Secrets on Friday!
I started rewatching them not long ago last Friday I watched Prisoner of Azkaban and Saturday I watched the Goblet of Fire 🔥 I do watch them a lot lol next I’ll be reading them 😉

I am long overdue to post in this thread!! I've had a lot of really wonderful things happen lately 🥰

-My signature and avatar are both new!! @Plume made them for me and I adore them. They are so cute and cozy 💕

-At the end of December @Saylor came to visit!!!!! Oh it was so wonderful. It was only a little visit but it was such a lovely start to the new year 🥰 She also brought me eyeshadow that is a little harder to get in Canada!! Sparkles ✨

-At work we've had some new lil ones start and they are so sweet. I can't wait to be in the toddler room next year

-I got a little fitbit!! Just a small one mainly to track my steps and my sleep. I've been really enjoying it 🥰

Overall I just feel happy right now. Not everything is perfect and there's some (big) things I want to change but for how life Has to be at the moment I feel content 🥰

- We visited my grandma today to do some shopping and then had lunch at her place. It was good to see her again! I also got everything on my shopping list, so that was nice :)

- Wore a decent outfit and did my makeup for the first time in a bit! It always makes me feel slightly better haha. I think a New Years resolution of mine will be to dress better when leaving the house, even if it's just to see family. I tend to only put in effort when I'm going to university or seeing my friends.

I saw a large bald eagle 🦅 across the road from my house today. He was landed in the hayfield feeding on some large dead animal. He was so strong he was dragging the carcass uphill. I've lived here for decades and never saw one here before. Very few sightings in my county have ever been reported. So exciting!

Yesterday:
The latest One Piece episode was super good—I'm just sad it wasn't longer. I can't wait for next week's!! ;v;
I was able to finish another entry in my island journal yesterday after all! I still don't think I'll be able to keep up the daily momentum forever ahaha, but it still felt nice getting some unexpected progress in. c:
I got a good chunk of reading in! I love the part I'm at in Durarara!!; I already know what happens, but it was still absolutely killing me. 😂
Watched a few Youtube videos with my family over dinner!
And I made a couple rubber band bracelets for my dad to give out at school! It feels like it's been a while since I've done any of these, but I picked back up on it quickly enough.

And today~☆
I posted another entry in my island journal today also!
It was a pretty busy day overall, but a lot got done, and catching up on other island journals in the current event made for a really nice way to spend break time.
I read for a little while again, and it left me in a really good mood. ;w;
And my parents and I caught a few Youtube videos this evening too!

I've finally learned the truth about my friend, about some big lies, and about some ongoing abuse. On the one hand, it feels really hard...because I only ever treated her the best that I could. - On the other hand, I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to know that I can move on without feeling any sort of remorse. - I feel like this is a gift that most people never get. (To feel vindicated and released). It isn't something I take for granted. - The feeling of "what's next" is now much stronger than the feeling of "what if"...which is exactly what I needed.

My only regret is that she still never told me, and she still denies it right to my face. I had to go behind her back to get the proof I needed, which feels terrible, and is exactly what I always wanted to avoid. But, yeah...I was never going to heal without knowing. Again...90% of these situations leave people not knowing, and I knew I couldn't let things end that way. My stubbornness paid off. If feels fantastic to know that I can once again trust my instincts. I really lost my mind for a while.

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't let myself get stressed when unexpected things came up at work. I prioritized and dealt with only the most important things.
- I took walks on both my morning and afternoon breaks and had a peaceful lunch break.
- I left work on time despite not finishing everything I had hoped to get done. I completed enough.
- More progress was made on the bathroom. Not as much as we had hoped, but progress is progress. The thing I'm the most happy about is that they remounted the vanity light and now the vanity, mirror, and light are all centered for the first time ever. I didn't think they were going to be able to do it since the previous mount was already misaligned and the stud was in a bad place, but they got it done.
- I had a good dinner and a chocolate milkshake for dessert.
- I talked to my mom and she pushed back on my brother when he made some unreasonable demands today. I'm glad she's standing up to him a little more.

Today I'm happy because,

- I got to sleep in today and feel well rested.

- I'm doing well in work and starting to excel.

- I've managed to build a new team in Genshin Impact.

- My kitty, Pippi, wouldn't leave me alone and I'm petting her now.

- The Dallas Mavericks play the Washington Wizards tonight. Should be an exciting game.

- I'm sick of bad things happening to me. But, no matter what happens to me, as long as I'm still alive, I resolved long ago to always pick myself back up and keep going forward. Even when there's no one around to support me. That's true strength. 💪

Feeling so happy but a little spooked I had a dream about a friend and I going out to lunch and she told me she was pregnant.

I called her today to ask how she has been and she told me she was pregnant !!!!!!! I’m so happy for her but the dream came true….

I haven’t been able to have dreams like that since a family death in 2020

Back