What Are You Happy About Today?

Well, here is my wonderful news! ❤️
quicksquarenew_2023121204716382.jpg

quicksquarenew_2023121204616521.jpg

quicksquarenew_2023121204626483.jpg
@S.J. you must be fed up of me talking about her, even before I got her! 🤣

-A stray kitten wandered up to my house today. I gave her some food and she wasn't too scared of me. I already have four cats, so I'm unsure if I'll keep her. She's so adorable, though. I may not be able to resist. 😭
-I gave myself bangs on a whim, and they look horrific. Luckily, I ordered some bang extensions from Amazon, and hopefully, I can cover up my failed attempt.
-Had an extremely horrible day yesterday, but my best friend helped me through it.
-Got pictures from my birthday developed. I meant to back in October, but I never got around to it.
-Played Minecraft for a bit. I unlocked 3 new achievements, which is exciting.

It's been a while since I last posted, so here's a recap of the good things that happened during the past week! Hopefully I can remember all or most of it. 😅

I made carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting a few days ago, and they were delicious!! There was a ton of frosting left over, so I made another batch of carrot cake cupcakes and some blueberry muffins. 🧁

Season 26 of South Park got announced recently! I'm in no rush to watch it since I'm only on season 6, but I'm still pretty excited about it. It's going to premiere on February 8th (a week after my birthday). ^^

Played some Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort! I haven't gotten any new stamps or medals since I got too frustrated to keep playing, but at least I've gotten really close to my goals!
Speaking of the Wii, last weekend I played Harvest Moon: Animal Parade! It's been over a year (I think?) since I last played it, but I'm just happy I got to pick back up one of my childhood games. 💗 I got a ton of things done, including levelling up some friendships, upgrading all of my tools to silver, and getting some pets of my own!

I went to a museum for a field trip at school a couple days ago! It was about Indigenous culture, and since I'm also Indigenous (specifically Inuit), I was able to give bits of information and trivia about my culture!
There were some heavy topics though, but my friends + teacher frequently asked me if I was okay since they know some parts were really hard for me. I appreciated it so much. 😭
We went to a mall afterwards, and I bought an Oreo McFlurry at McDonald's (I've been craving one for a while) and some necklaces at Ardene! 📿

After a week of art block, I decided to pick up drawing again! I haven't done much, but I did a couple drawings to meet my 10-drawings quota for my art challenge to post in my art gallery. 🎨

Yesterday my English teacher gave me an Animal Crossing Tomodachi Doll, specifically of Beau! It was a super sweet sentiment and the figure is so cute. 🥺
I didn't feel like taking a picture, so here's a stock image instead, haha. The figures are fuzzy and really well-made, and also has the official Nintendo seal!!
1674356913324.png

Watched Poofesure's recent videos! The one he made about Mario Kart Wii was absolutely hilarious and I had some good laughs. 🤣

Discovered a new System of a Down song I like! It's called I-E-A-I-A-I-O, which I'm currently listening to. 🎵

Well, here is my wonderful news! ❤️
@S.J. you must be fed up of me talking about her, even before I got her! 🤣
Blossom is so precious! I'm so happy for you! 😊

Today I'm happy because:
- I got to sleep in a little bit this morning.
- I completed a few of my goals for the weekend.
- One of the contractors came in the afternoon and finished quite a bit of the trim and painting.
- We went to a local place for ice cream after dinner.

Overall, it wasn't a great day, but coming here and seeing everything that made all of you happy makes me happy too!

- I slept in today and Pippi, my kitty, snuggled with me in bed. 🐱

- Watched the newest episode of My Hero Academia. 🦸‍♂️

- Played some Animal Crossing: New Horizons and got some pretty good villagers. 🍃

- My partner was sweet to me. 💚

- About to practice some self-care! 💅

- The Dallas STARS shutout the Arizona Coyotes 4-0, making it two shutouts in a row. The Stars currently have the most points in the NHL western conference. 🌟

XXMvvUN.gif

Overall a pretty good day for me! 😁

• I woke up in a great mood!
  • I ate some snacks with my sister while we both watched more episodes of Sailor Moon R. I keep forgetting to mention this, but when I first got the DVDs from the library, they weren't reading properly on my PS4 to the point that it would skip through a huge chunk of an episode. Well, whoever rented them before me didn't do a very good job at cleaning the readable side of the discs, so I tried doing it with handy dandy toothpaste. And as you could already tell, it actually worked and it made me so happy that the DVDs are being read properly again! Anyways, this music in the spoiler always gets me going every time it comes on. In fact, it almost made me shed a tear hearing it for the very first time. I thought Moon Prism Power Make up couldn't be topped, but I was so wrong.
  • I had a small chat with @/Midoriya and it's always awesome getting to talk to my friends. 💚
  • I had a very tasty dinner that my dad cooked. In case you're curious, I ate rice with some chicken tinola! The ginger taste makes it really good.
  • Got some work done on one of my college assignments.
  • Managed to sneak in some time playing Gran Turismo 7 lol.

Watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Fairy Tail with my family this morning! We saw a few Youtube videos later on too.
I played another chapter in the route I'm on in Lover Pretend, and read a few more of the short stories!
I also played ACNH some more today! I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the daily journal updates like I have been, but I'm still enjoying both the journaling and the game itself. c: I took a little time to change my interior decor a bit too—it's still not finished, but I'm a lot happier with it, and I got a Nook Miles achievement for my work too! And I'm glad that I finally took down my interior decorations from Toy Day 2021. 😅
My new kitty paw socks arrived!! ;w; I needed some warmer socks and they're super cute to boot.

I finally swept my floor 2 weeks after moving back into my college dorm, I tend to get lazy with cleaning so it's nice to have a clean floor again!

I completed two assignments for my cybersecurity class tonight and they aren't due until Monday at 11:59pm, I usually wait until the last few hours to complete my assignments, so it feels good to have submitted them early! ☺️

I initially got a textbook for my family class but I was able to find the same book at a cheaper price, so I canceled the previous order and got the cheaper one instead!

I am really thankful to have been in a calm mood all day, because some days I feel a little anxious 🥺🌼

• The area where I had a tooth extraction on Wednesday is healing nicely and I'm not having any problems with it
  • Have a Creative Haven coloring book coming in the mail today, it's a Christmas themed one, they just make me happy and are relaxing to do :)
  • I've been learning a lot about photography in the course I'm taking
  • Been getting back into practicing my ukulele regularly
  • Found some new music to listen to that I am really enjoying
  • I've been doing really good, my mood has been good, and the med adjustments my psychiatrist made have helped a lot. I'm also learning more about my disorder and how to best cope/live with it

I know this took way too long to post an update on, but my chest binder works amazing. I work very long shifts Monday through Wednesday, so I haven’t had much time to try it on when I’d be able to wear it for a few hours. I definitely liked the way my chest looked, I’m in actual awe.
E15BA84A-D4AC-483B-85D2-AFC64AC07AC2.jpeg
8A992759-82E0-4F48-B299-55685C067EBC.jpeg
I went to the grocery store and finally picked up some dinners for the house. I’m glad I was able to get some snacks, as well.
I enjoyed playing Mario Kart on my days off and also got lots of sleep.

I really just wanted to post about the first thing, lol.

I'm happy that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet had an event this weekend that boosted the likelihood of encountering Drifblim and Mismagius in 4-star and 5-star Tera Raid dens since I've been working on completing my Pokédex in Scarlet before I start Violet in the coming months after Scarlet & Violet get Pokémon Home support and I can have access to 6 IV Ditto for Violet team breeding purposes. I'd been missing Mismagius since it's a Violet exclusive. Just need Passimian and Water Paldean Tauros now as far as version exclusives are concerned.

I'm also happy that it snowed today. It has been an unseasonably warm Winter thus far (aside from that stretch of sub-zero windchill for a few days around Christmastime) and it's nice to see some white on the ground. Granted, it's not good for the roads, but I've always enjoyed the aesthetics of snow and like living in a region with all four seasons, so it now feels a bit more comfortable. It'll likely all melt away by midweek, but hey, better this than none at all before Spring is upon us in the not so distant future.

I ordered a bunch of different things to continue with my antique restoration which range from tool parts to different coarse varieties of special grit paper. Most hardware stores didn't go farther than 240 which is way too coarse for the delicate metal.

I was able to get some exercise in earlier today after work, which was nice.

I normally don't do this, but I got a custom amiibo created. I ordered it a while back and it finally did arrive. I wasn't sure what to expect, but they really did a great job.

-On Friday, my dad was finally released from the hospital. I’m extremely thankful to the nurse that cleared the jumbled communication that was preventing his discharge.

-Today my sister and BIL wanted to go out and asked me to babysit. I usually don’t seek compensation. However, staying in hotels to be near Dad left me broke. I requested the new Fire Emblem: Engage game. My sister agreed because she knew that I was looking forward towards that game since it was first announced.

Had a great birthday today and got double birthday cake this year. Short story, I requested for my mom to bake a really good chocolate chip buntcake, one with chocolate chips, chocolate pudding and of course the chocolate cake mix, and she sorta forgot to let it cool and it fell apart. So we kept that cake and ate what we could of it and we ordered a new one from the bakery. So double cake, but I sure won't do this too often. Lol. Overall, nice relaxing birthday today. 🥰

Had a great birthday today and got double birthday cake this year. Short story, I requested for my mom to bake a really good chocolate chip buntcake, one with chocolate chips, chocolate pudding and of course the chocolate cake mix, and she sorta forgot to let it cool and it fell apart. So we kept that cake and ate what we could of it and we ordered a new one from the bakery. So double cake, but I sure won't do this too often. Lol. Overall, nice relaxing birthday today. 🥰
Happy Birthday! That cake sounds delicious!

I'm happy about nothing today, and I'll never be happy about anything ever again. :)
I'm sorry you sound like you're having a rough day. I sincerely hope tomorrow will be better.

Today I'm happy because:
- I got a decent amount of sleep last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I had a fairly relaxing day at home with my husband and my dog.
- We watched a movie that I've been meaning to watch for several weeks now.
- I was able to watch the latest episode of To Your Eternity to stay caught up.
- As a whole, today was better than yesterday.

Back