• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- My dog got sick last night but he seems to be doing fine today.
- It was sunny and only a little bit cool outside. I enjoyed looking out the window while I worked.
- I saw a bunch of squirrels out preparing for winter. I love watching them dig.
- I've decided to make a really concerted effort to change my schedule and get to bed earlier.
- I realized I only have 2 more weeks of work before another week off that I scheduled for my birthday.

Today is me and my husband's anniversary 🏳️‍🌈
Its also a holiday so its nice we are both off 💫
Celebrating our 1 Year Wedding Anniversary today! :love:🎉
Happy Anniversary to both of you! Hope you and your spouses had a lovely day together!

I got to play Stardew Valley some more today! Currently focusing on finishing up the Community Center and trying to get a wedding outfit together so I can go ahead and propose to Emily already. the ornamental fan artifact hates me apparently
Watched some Youtube videos with my family today too! We saw Martyn InTheLittleWood's most recent New Life episode which was v fun!
@/Mr_Keroppi sent me some tbt today which was super nice! ;v; 💚

Happy today because,

- I got plenty of sleep. 💤

- Being productive at work today. 📊

- My kitty is making cute faces, so I pet her a bunch. 🐱

- Today is Wriothesley day in Genshin Impact. Can't wait to get him! 🎮

- The Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros yesterday 5-4 to take a 2-0 series lead. Just need two more wins to advance to the World Series. And tomorrow we have an ace in Mad Max on the mound for us. ⚾ 🔥

Today, I'm happy about a few things that all have to do with a certain subject:

- Well, obviously, because it's my birthday!

- It actually really does mean a lot to me when people comment on my profile to wish me a happy birthday. So if you are one of the people who did that, thanks. And I really mean it.

- Speaking of which, at school, I was a little surprised to see that most people were aware it was my birthday and a lot of people wished me a happy birthday.

- And finally, at least so far, my family had Chick Fil-A because it was my birthday. We don't go there often, which made it feel more special.

So all in all, today was a pretty happy day.

i hope everyone’s week is off to a good start! 🖤

☪︎ I RODE IN AN AIRPLANE FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!!!! it was a sightseeing flight that my mom and i were actually supposed to go on last year, but i fractured my foot/ankle a few weeks before, so we didn’t get to go. we decided to wait until this october to reschedule so that we’d get to see all of the beautiful fall colours from the sky, and oh man it was gorgeous!!! 😭 flying in a plane is something i’ve dreamed of doing since i was a kid, but i was honestly so anxious about this that i was close to backing out several times. my brain was feeding me every worst-case scenario it could come up with; plane crash, motion sickness, i suffer some sort of health episode while in the plane etc, and my anxiety was trying so hard to convince me that i’d actually die if i did this. my mental health has taken so many opportunities and experiences from me, and i knew i would regret it if i didn’t do this; i’d much rather be terrified and get some cool experiences and photos out of it, then let my anxiety win and i regret it for the rest of my life.

i’m so glad that i didn’t let my anxiety talk me out of doing this, because it was such a lovely experience!! it was hard getting into the plane with my mobility issues, but the pilot was so nice and patient, and nothing was as bad as i thought it would be at all! i didn’t have any motion sickness, my ears didn’t pop, takeoff and landing went smoothly, there was hardly any turbulence, the plane didn’t crash and i remained healthy etc!!! the views were so stunning, it was incredible getting to see things from high up! i’m so happy and grateful that i got to check something off of my bucket list today, that the flight went smoothly, and that my mom and i returned home safely!! i would love to fly again one day; maybe next time it’ll be for a vacation? 👀❤️
my phone didn’t do the views justice, and the plane windows were dirty 😔, but i’m still so grateful to have gotten to take these photos at all ❤️

IMG_0970.jpeg
IMG_0971.jpeg
IMG_0974.jpeg
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0987.jpeg
1697587049137.jpeg
IMG_0990.jpeg
IMG_0999.jpeg
IMG_1009.jpeg
1697587118396.jpeg
IMG_1015.jpeg
1697587146354.jpeg
1697587156713.jpeg
IMG_1029.jpeg
1697587170225.jpeg
IMG_4163.jpeg
IMG_4166.jpeg

bonus creepy clown decoration in honour of halloween, and some pretty flowers outside the airport! ♥️

IMG_1037.jpeg
IMG_1038.jpeg

ִ ࣪𖤐 i’ve been having a lot of fun participating in the halloween event so far!! 🎃 i’ve gotten my moonlight masquerade and vandal visions entries in (and they were accepted!), submitted my guesses for round #1 of citb and wagon of mirrors, submitted prompt ideas for creature feature, contributed to the a task from vask story, and redeemed the codes for the first two zipper’s zany zillions challenges!! i think i have my schedule figured out as well for when i want to be in each tent, so fingers crossed i’ll have enough sideshow tickets to abide by it!! i also got to ask katrina to curse @S.J. hehe, revenge for killing me in the hunger games 😌🤍 ily i’m not sure if i’ll be able to earn enough currency for all of the collectibles i want (mermaid egg and vask candy PLEASE be ugly i’m begging), but i’m excited to continue participating and for the rest of the events to open!! ☺️🖤✨

𐦍 i went out with my mom yesterday and was able to pick up some things that i needed/wanted!

bonky cuddled with me while i worked on my vandal visions entry 🥹🖤 i love her so much, she’s just a sweet little baby!!

Last edited:
I’m happy because I have been enjoying the tbt Halloween event. It got me more motivated to decorate my island. I finished decorating it today and submitted my DA for nightmare in paradise.

My first two days back at work (Sunday and Monday) from vacation went really well. I was happy my coworkers actually tried this time and kept things more organized and not a disaster like back in August.

Today was a great relaxing day off.Me and Aurora went for two walks today since the weather was so nice. Aurora got her Halloween toy early and likes it. The books I ordered from Amazon arrived.
B8B623C2-67DF-42CB-BEF7-8E92E3438420.jpeg

• My sister gave me some good advice regarding dealing with work stress. I'm working my first job, at 29, in retail, I've been there a month and a half now, and it's not easy, especially considering I have an anxiety disorder and panic disorder among other mental health conditions. So yeah there's been days I've wanted to cry, days I've wanted nothing more than to walk out mid shift and quit on the spot. So it's been hard. Yesterday was especially stressful. And the stress from the job in general has been eating me up lately. I've been letting stress from it seep into my life outside of work and it's become all I think about (obsess might be a better word) and my anxiety has been so severe, but yeah she said to try to start leaving work stuff at work and try not to let it live in my head constantly because it's taking up time and it's not time I'm getting paid for. So I'm gonna try to work on that. Try to do things to take my mind off it. Anyway, I'm happy I talked to her because I was considering quitting but I'm gonna try working on keeping work stuff at work and separting my home life from it and not letting it intrude on my peace of mind like it has been. This all sounds really depressing but it's good because it's something I need to work on, because I have a tendency to dwell on negative stuff and let it consume me. So I'm happy we talked and she pointed that out to me.
  • On a lighter note, I had a great violin lesson today, my instructor got me some sheet music for greensleeves and I am working on that. I can already play it all the way through just on my first glance by sight reading it but I'm gonna work on technique and whatnot some more.
  • I had a good day off today, I slept in which I really needed. Also I played the Hello Kitty game on apple arcade and am having a blast with that. Practiced ukulele. Watched a couple episodes of Full Metal Alchemist with my boyfriend.
  • I bought a couple ebooks by Grady Hendrix (a horror author) I bought the Southern Bookclubs Guide to Slaying Vampires, and My Best Friend's Exorcism. Hoping to read them both before Halloween.
  • Speaking of Grady Hendrix, I finished one of his other books, The Final Girl Support Group, and it was great, had a lot of plot twists I didn't really see coming.
  • I took this cute photo of one of my cats stretching today, her little face! :)
  • Halloween is right around the corner, thoroughly enjoying the cool weather and getting to wear long sleeves and hoodies :D

Attachments

• Maybelleviolin.jpg
    Maybelleviolin.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 4
I progressed a bit further in my current Stardew Valley file! I've now got a rabbit, a sheep, a pig, and a dinosaur (because I learned my lesson from my first file and did not donate my first dino egg to the Museum this time). Still haven't managed to find a second Ornamental Fan, but I've started tailoring some alternate wedding dress tops in case I can't find one in a reasonable amount of time. 🤞
My family and I started watching Grian's Phase 4 runs of Decked Out!
I won fan mail a bottle of poison a Purple Bat Potion in the Hunger Games Giveaway!! ;w; I love the potion set, so this was a really cool surprise! Ty again unknown sponsor 💜

Today I'm happy because:

- I played more Kena: Bridge of Spirits last night and I've found all collectibles in the areas I've completed. I'm getting ready to head into the final area soon.
- I saw a lot of squirrels in my backyard again while I was working.
- My dog and I accidentally startled Xavier, the rabbit, during our evening walk. He was so well camouflaged in the leaves, I didn't see him until we were right on top of him. I'm just so happy to see that he's still around because it's been a while.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch while we watched TV this evening.
- I ordered birthday presents for my twin nephews. They should arrive by Friday, giving me the weekend to wrap and package them for shipping early next week.

Today, I'm happy about a few things that all have to do with a certain subject:

- Well, obviously, because it's my birthday!
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day! 🥳🎈

Its now a new day in my area cause timezones lol, so **** it here it is.

Pizza is like the best damn, lunch to ever have especially when bbq sauce is on it.

The weather in my area has honestly been some of the best i've seen in my entire life.

Also, i love how i managed to get people around here more and more into the kind of metal music i'm into lmao.

You're welcome.

I finished my entry for Vandal Visions and I'm pretty satisfied with it. It wasn't exactly scary but that wasn't part of the criteria. I had urges to include Lemmy Koopa, haha.
The Los Angeles Kings defeated the Winnipeg Jets for their first win of the season. If this goaltending situation can be improved upon, the Kings will be a much better team.
I noticed that I'm more confident lately. For instance, I'm covering a shift on Friday night but I wanted an earlier start time. I just straight up said what I wanted (professionally obviously) rather than asking. It worked out, because now I have the extra shift but starting a whole hour earlier. Sometimes you just gotta be open about what you want.
I'm looking into a few anime and found a few that seem interesting. I started watching one of them and it's very good.

I'm happy that my aunt and uncle are visiting us! It's always great whenever they come out here for their (almost) yearly visit!

Although the Bolts lost in OT today, I'm still happy with how they fought back from 2-0 down to tie the game with just 7 seconds left and earned a point in the process! Hopefully they can build off of this in their next game!

Lastly, but honestly, most importantly, I'm thrilled with how the friendship I talked about last week has progressed in such a short period of time! We've quickly blossomed into best friends for life, and being able to talk as much as we have has made every day so much better! I'm excited to keep talking with them and can't wait to see what the future holds in store for us! 😇

This week has been very hectic but a couple things today:
- My group made some progress on our presentation this Friday and managed to cut down the time so we have about 30 seconds to spare now.
- Made a little progress on my Vandal Visions submission! I'm going for an old carnival show van vibe, but I wish I had more time at the moment to work on it.
- Had a really nice call this evening and played some animal crossing with my partner. I didn't realise the lighting in the back bug room was so pretty in the evenings!

Last edited:
a musical theatre group asked me if i could play piano for their play (spelling bee) and that means i'm gonna be a one man band... so i'm gonna have to learn 20 songs but despite that i'm really happy because i was their first choice and also they think i'm good enough to do it!!! i have worked with them in the past though bc i was the pianist in the band for a percy jackson musical they did, anyways yippee!!!
zm9ry9.gif

I didn't go to school today as expected. That's a good news because I was very lazy. Had to study for tomorrow test however. I'm sure it will be alright.
Got a call from a school for an appointement on Friday for my internship. And yesterday I received a affirmative answer from another school for another intership. I'm late but normally I have my four internships for this year. I hope the teachers will be ok.

Back