• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

My boyfriend picked me up this morning and got me some yummy snacks and we hung out for a while then we got some yummy chipotle and he dropped me off at school, the my mom and I went to the Japanese market and got some yummy snacks. I went to therapy in person for the first time in a while and it was awesome, I had a great talk. My mom got me a yummy Jimmy John's sandwich on the way home. Then later I talked to my friend a bit!

Today I'm happy because:

- My husband helped me wake up in time to make it to the office. I keep sleeping through my alarm. ⏰🔨
- I was set to have a very stressful day, but I took control of it and it ended up not being so bad. I literally had back-to-back meetings scheduled for the entire day, including a mandatory meeting during my lunch break. I prioritized my meetings and only attended the most important ones, which allowed me to take a slightly early lunch and also gave me time to focus on my highest priority work. 👩‍💻🗓️
- I managed to take both my morning and afternoon breaks as well. On my morning break, I took a walk outside because the weather was so nice. The geese were all around the sidewalk and they didn't get too flustered when I walked right through their midst. I loved being able to get so close to them. 🍂🍁🪶
- My dog is sleeping next to me and started barking in his sleep. So adorable! 🐶

- I went and hung out with my friend for their birthday!! It was a lot of fun, and they liked their cake. 🎂 We went to a shop they’d been wanting to go to, and played some Tony Hawk on the ps3, and splatoon 3 together which was fun. They weren’t able to have the party they were planning, so I’m glad we could still do something special to celebrate them 😊 they’ve always been such a great friend and person; we’ve known each other for close to 16 years now I think!
- Went out to catch up with some people from uni for lunch which was nice.
-Heading back now, planning to draw and play some games when I get back!
-The weather hasn’t been too hot, and all the jacaranda trees are blooming!

I watched a few more episodes of Eyeshield 21. I was looking forward to Sena finally revealing himself to Mamori as Eyeshield 21. I was skeptical to start watching this show because it didn't have a dubbed version, but I don't regret it one bit. This is by far my favorite anime to date.
I am exuding much more confidence lately since removing myself from a job causing me stress. Additionally, I'm seeing my favorite person a lot less. I don't like that term, but it's one I previously used so to remain consistent, we will use it here. It doesn't phase me that I don't see her multiple times a week.
The Los Angeles Kings are another bright spot in my life. Is this what it feels like to win?? It really sucks losing to Pittsburgh, though, LOL.
I love being called my chosen name at work. It’s nice not having to wear a name tag with my deadname even if I didn’t tell anyone at my previous job. However, I did have reasonable doubts considering a transgender female had to wear her deadname on her chest there. She was passing so it caused so much confusion that could’ve been avoided if she had her name on her chest. Thankfully, name tags aren’t even required at my current job, but if they were, I think I would be okay with it considering my manager is very supportive of my gender identity.

It's been awhile since I popped in here, nice to see lots of happy feelings around as always. It's been a bit of a stressful last week due to cat related things, that got better but returned randomly today??? She seems better now though. Aged cat problems but she is still a loving sweetheart and I'm blessed that she is still around when this time last year I didn't think she would make it to 2023.

Yesterday someone messaged me asking if they could use one my art pieces for a tattoo and I'm just 😢😭 I've been receiving a lot of love for my art lately in general (algorithms deciding they like me recently lol), and a whole lot of very kind comments + people interested in me printing merch, but it really hits different when someone asks to use your art permanently on their body skjbfksbf. 🥺

Last week thing, but I'd been waiting on some packages, two of which decided to throw me through a loop with tracking. One was purchased for me on ebay through a third party and used ebay's global int shipping, so the tracking just went from seller to ebay warehouse, and the third party site didn't update on new tracking to me, but anyway, I was hearing horror stories about this warehouse and to not expect my package for like a month minimum. Second was just mystery tracking? Tracking pretty much stopped dead after shipping out of the country and the number wasn't registering with like any of the Canadian POs I know about so I was just like ??? It didn't update for a week but the shipping specified around 7-12 days and had signature required so I wasn't too worried yet. Well anyway, me sitting there twiddling my thumbs about my mail (I am one of those people who refreshes tracking like every couple hours ksbfksbf) and they both just showed up on the same day (tracking didn't even update on that one that needed sig conf either so it's just like uhh okay, I DID sign for it but). :ROFLMAO: Anyway, lots of fun new things which contribute to the happy. Also on the flipside, sold 'a lot' of stuff recently to welcome the new things without feeling the clutter, haha.

And okay, I'm ready to be judged for this, but I'm so happy that Christmas decoration season is back, I LOVE Christmas decor and there's nothing quite like being able to walk through shops and seeing all the ornaments and things. Can't wait for everyone to start putting their lights up.🥰 I uh, may have spent my Halloween setting up my little Christmas corner too, have some bits of adjusting to do but it's so calming turning on my lights at night. Also I know what I'm getting my brother and mom this year so that's two stresses off my back once I order them, just have my dad's gift to worry about (I love Christmas decorations and all but HATE the gift giving part lol, it's so stressful).

I need to get something to hide the wires haha, I usually have a little fabric print to cover it but had to switch the clips to hang my lights. 😅
20231110_153114.jpg

I went to Popeye's today with my dad and little brother. I was happy enough with that because we rarely go there, but when I asked for a biscuit, the server said that it would cost extra money, but decided to give it to me for free anyway. I know it's small, but it still made me happy. 😊

Secondly, there's the fact that we had no school today because it's Veteran's Day. This is a rare occasion of a time when there are two days we have off school in one week so I'm definitely going to try to enjoy the 3 hours left today.

Today wound up being way busier than it was supposed to be hhhhh, but I still had some time to relax at least! Looking forward to the rest of the weekend ;v;
My mom and I have been somewhat desperate for safer chocolate alternatives, and we were able to get some cacao nibs recently! I can't say I care for the taste of them on their own, but my mom candied some in salted caramel and they're absolutely heavenly like that ;w;
I found the time to work on some personal projects today!
My family and I watched GeminiTay's new Secret Life SMP episode, which was a lot of fun! We got to see some other short videos too, cute puppy videos included 💛

Though feeling weak, today was a pretty good day. Mostly been trying to rest up but I've been reading about water quality in my area of the nation and how kh and gh works and how ph is effected. Also learned how terrible some of the water was where I use to live and learned it has gotten worse since I left that area.
Also been reading about fish. I think one day I will end up with an aquarium.
I also took a walk with my pup since she is the biggest dog I have now. I feel comfortable enough to walk outside with her since we have roaming animals in our area. She has been pretty hyper regardless of the walk but she is cuddling with me now. I'm really happy about how sunny it was today, and all the pretty leavings on the ground. I like listening to them while walking through them or the wind moving them. I'm also happy my spouse drove me to where I needed to go this evening because I was feeling so weak but a task had to be done that couldn't get done earlier today with my other outside the house errands.
Also got to listen to some of.my favorite Christmas music today while washing dishes. I know it's early but there are certain songs I just really like.

Today I'm happy because:

- This entire week has been relatively calm at work. I completed the two main tasks I needed to get done and logged off on time.
- Last night I beat a difficult boss in Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Now I can continue on with the rest of the story. I'm getting close to the end.
- We're having friends over tomorrow to host another trivia game. My husband did a lot of cleaning to prepare for them coming.
- I'm looking forward to sleeping in over the weekend.

- I can't say I'm surprised, but things still haven't been sorted out at work so I've had another week off lol. I'm not complaining! It's been a long time since I've been able to rest and spend time on my hobbies without having to choose between the two, so I'm really grateful for this break.

- Had another lovely walk today. We saw lots of animals and pet a couple of dogs, and I got more pictures of different fungi as well as the pretty lighting!
IMG_7032.jpeg
IMG_7033.jpeg
IMG_7034.jpeg
IMG_7035.jpeg
IMG_7036.jpeg
IMG_7037.jpeg
IMG_7038.jpeg
IMG_7039.jpeg

- Mum bought some carrot cake and I'm going to have it with tea later.

- No promises but I think I can update my art thread soon. I'm happy that I've been able to draw more lately.

- First day at work today! It was long and busy but I came out of it ok (y) I also have a lot more shifts than i thought, which is good since I'm only at this job to make money for travelling 😅

- I made chicken stroganoff for dinner and it was really good 😁

• Work was really stressful Thursday, had to deal with a really rude customer and it upset me a lot but at least I have these three days off to decompress. I had yesterday off, today off and have tomorrow off, then back to work Monday. Otherwise, a customer really went out of their way to be nice to me after the difficult customer so that was nice because I honestly felt like crying.
  • I took a long walk today and brought my Pokemon Go Plus + and it spun like 15 pokestops so that was awesome :D
  • I've been sleeping good the past two days, really needed it
  • Found out I have Thanksgiving day off work. So that's nice. I do work that friday and saturday though. I'll just have to mentally prepare for the chaos. I'm glad I get Thanksgiving day off though because I want to cook

Saturday, November 11, 2023
  • Even though I was at home, I always respect the 2 minute silence and will do tomorrow aswell. Watched ‘The Lord Mayor’s Show’ on television. Always love to see all the different floats!
  • Listened to Christmas music in the background.
  • Bought a Quirky Doll yesterday from @/deana! Love to see it in my lineup!
  • I have been looking for another smaller laptop as my main laptop is too heavy to be portable when my hands are bad, so I found one today that suits my needs perfectly. Lightweight and long battery life. So, I decided to order it as I could get it same day delivery. However, my Dad says he would buy it for me as I’ve been going through a difficult time with my arthritis. He also said that how much I help him no matter how much pain I’m in. I said to begin with ‘I can’t accept that, that is far too much.’ However, his response was ‘If I didn’t want to, I wouldn’t have offered.’ Told him to make it for my Christmas then, but he said it was a gift! I told him that even if he didn’t buy me anything I would still help him as much as I could, as I love him so much and always will. He said that he knew that and that I deserve it, unlike my brother! I am extremely lucky! I set it up, and it is great! My first bookmarked site was TBT, of course!
  • Got a text message informing me that my medication was ready for collection, it was too late to collect it today, so when they open on Monday morning, I’ll be there! It’s a great feeling to know that by Monday evening, I will be able to function and finally get a decent sleep!
  • It was the start of Blossom’s birthday weekend, her birthday is actually on Monday, but since she’s going to be spayed on Monday (2nd time lucky), we decided to hold her birthday a little early. (Of course, she will be getting treats and toys after her operation!) She also did a first today and destroyed one of her new toys in seconds! Vandal!
  • Another Blossom related point, but she has been very tired and a lot calmer yesterday and today, as during her phantom pregnancy she has been a little bit crazy to say the least! I’m hoping that her phantom pregnancy is coming to an end and she will back to being her usual self!
20231111_141959-min.jpg

Last edited:
Back