• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I’m happy to have the day off. I got to sleep in after yesterday’s long tiring day. Me and Aurora had a nice walk this morning. I started Christmas shopping for Aurora and got two new toys.
Toys for Aurora
85CC34E9-1C2C-46E5-85EA-87429C9FC554.jpeg

I am happy I went back to playing breath of the wild . I am really enjoying it again now that I finally beat the boss that I had been stuck on forever . Turns out I was overthinking it . Played some Pokémon Arceus and made some progress on the Pokédex .
Spent the afternoon relaxing with Aurora and just enjoying the day off.

I work in the morning tomorrow. I’m also happy that when I do close there aren’t any long gaps between the two shifts. Having piles of dishes to recover is a little stressful. I think the longest gap I’ve had was two hours which isn’t a huge deal, and most of the time I can start early.
I exchanged Discord usernames with a friend from work last night. It would’ve happened sooner but they’ve been sick. And thanks to their encouragement I'm completely out at work, which will be huge for my mental health. I can't believe how supportive everyone is.
I had some ghost pepper wings from Popeyes tonight! They were delicious.
I keep hearing from a lot of people that the Los Angeles Kings are a phenomenal hockey team this year and it feels so surreal to hear that. I love it.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well last night and I got to sleep in this morning.
- We did a little more cleaning up before our friends arrived this afternoon.
- Everyone seemed to have fun with our second trivia game.
- My dog was really good when our friends came over.
- I got a mint chocolate chip milkshake for dessert and saved half of it for tomorrow.
- I get to sleep in again tomorrow and spend the day relaxing.

The autumn colors outside right now are really beautiful! We're also getting a lot of that windy, overcast fall weather with a little bit of rain and I really enjoy those vibes tbh! 🍂
I got to watch Hunter x Hunter and Fairy Tail with my family this morning, and some Youtube videos later on, including LDShadowLady's newest Secret Life episode!

Sunday, November 12, 2023
  • Blossom and I had a day in with lots of licks and cuddles in preparation for tomorrow. She had a shower - which I’m not sure she was happy about as she had one, just two weeks ago! – as I wanted her to be clean for tomorrow and I won’t be able to shower her until she’s recovered. She is always so soft and cuddly, but after she’s had a bath she is extremely fluffy, and I cannot stop petting her. Also, got all her bedding and blankets all cleaned, dried and replaced. I really hope she gets it done tomorrow as I feel more calm than I did two weeks ago.
  • Got a case for my new laptop, my Dad bought that for me too! He said, he couldn’t buy the laptop without a case! Seriously, I am so, so lucky to have such a generous Dad, especially at my age!
  • Watched some of my favourite shopping television clips on YouTube with my Dad.
  • Listened to some Christmas music in the background.
Blossom playing with one of her latest toy!
20231112_082524_resized-min.jpg

She was trying to escape from the shower!
20231112_085421-min.jpg

She decided it was easier just to sit and be massaged! :ROFLMAO:
20231112_085456_resized-min.jpg

Hooray! I can get out now! :ROFLMAO:
20231112_085501_resized-min.jpg

I saw my favorite person - again, I'm not a fan of the word but in order to remain consistent - very briefly last night. It was no more than a greet and a few sentences. She walked away from me without a hug and I did the same without a second thought. In that instance I knew I was over her.
We are trying to find a way to change my name in the system at work. I know it's possible since someone else had their name changed, but the method no longer works. It'll be nice to get it all figured out. No rush, however, since the people currently aware do use my chosen name and are making efforts with the pronouns.
I am happy to have gotten lots of sleep at night despite also having to work this morning!

☪︎ i’ve been coming up with a lot of lineup ideas lately, so i thought it’d be a good idea to look at them all with fresh eyes and see if i still like them all! i also took a closer look at my collectibles to see which ones i have ideas for and which ones i don’t, and i have a much better idea of which ones i don’t use now! my lineup planning google doc is a little smaller now, but i’m not mad about it; it feels like an aesthetic spring cleaning, LOL. ☺️

ִ ࣪𖤐 bonk’s cuddly mood is starting to die down a bit, but we’ve still gotten some cuddles in over the past few days! i especially love when she comes over to cuddle after waking up from a nap, and she’s a little wobbly on her feet, blinking sleepily and fur a little disheveled. 🥹 she’s so sweet, i love my girl so much! 🖤
IMG_4545.jpeg
IMG_4550.jpeg
IMG_4577.jpeg

𐦍 i finally finished watching season 2 of chucky! it only took me a year, but i finally did it. 🤣 the first few episodes were slow and kind of boring imo, but things definitely got more interesting as the season progressed! i love that glen and glenda were included, and that they returned to their original doll form from seed of chucky in the end. i’m probably going to wait until all of the episodes are out before starting on season 3, but i’m excited to see how it’ll play out!

i tried the strawberries and cream flavour of dr. pepper for the first time! my mom bought it for herself a couple of weeks ago, but decided she didn’t want it and told me i could have it, haha. i didn’t have high hopes for it since i’m not a big dr. pepper fan, but it actually wasn’t bad! i don’t think i’d get it again, but it was pretty tasty overall and worth the try!

I’m happy it was nice this morning when me and Aurora went for our walk. Work was busy and tiring but still a good day that went quickly. Always happy for Aurora cuddles. So happy I actually won potion raffle . Never thought I had a chance . Now to decide which potion collectible to ask for.I think maybe the Swamp Potion. It should be cooler tomorrow so that will be nice. Hope everyone had a great day.

- I went to the bookstore yesterday! Heaven on Earth, let me tell you. I got a couple books that I've wanted for a while, and I got my boyfriend a book for his birthday.
IMG_E1309.JPG
IMG_E1310.JPG
IMG_E1311.JPG
I got the first book for him and the other two are for me. I'm praying he doesn't already own it, but at least I can keep it if he does.

Alice Oseman is awesome, go read her books.

- Speaking of my boyfriend, we have a date planned for tomorrow afternoon!

- Read a good chunk of Mockingjay today, my goal is to finish it ASAP so I can get through Ballad before I go see the movie.

Late night post! Here are a few happies from me today. 😊

November 12, 2023
  • Work was fairly chill and not too busy. We ended up having some fries, chicken, and biscuits from Popeyes that everyone at work gets to have! 🍗
  • Literally six months after the release of The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom, I finally got around to beating the final boss (even though I was getting a little shaky lol)! I don't want to go into more detail because of spoilers, but I was getting emotional at the end. Anyways, it's easily become of one my favourite games of all time. Granted, it's Zelda which is a franchise that I grew up playing, but still!
  • I somehow won the potion raffle which is a great surprise. I already made up my mind to get the eerie star potion, and considering that I just beat Tears of the Kingdom, it's perfect to set the date and exact time as to when (endgame spoiler warning!)I reached out to Zelda and caught her in the air. ⭐
  • I have a day off from work tomorrow (or technically today at the time of making this post), so I can relax once again.

I really enjoyed this week's episode of Spy x Family!! I can't wait for the next one.
I got to play Dragon Quest IV a bit more today, and made some progress in Chapter Three!
My family and I watched Grian's new Secret Life episode this evening and it was so funny 😭 My family and I also watched some other Youtube videos together which was a lot of fun!

Had my second shift today, and it went pretty well, I feel like I'm getting used to the job :) I also have 3 days off now (though tomorrow's day off is a full day at university haha). I also got some long-awaited admin stuff set up (y)

Did some more work for university last night, including writing up a presentation report 😁

- Cleaned and organized the kitchen and hall shelf
- Cleaned and organized the living room
- Found two bottles of prescribed eyedrops in the hall closet. I thought I was out of these, so I'm thankful to have found them!
- Sanitized the apartment
- The weather is perfectly crisp, so I opened the windows. It feels great!
- My island builds in New Horizons are coming along nicely
- Starting to feel a bit better & I'm able to move around without feeling overly unwell
- Started making plans for my parents' visit this coming Wednesday. I'm so excited to see them again!
- My fish bag was dispatched today and will be delivered on Saturday 🐟
- Feeling productive and genuinely good today

I'm wishing you all a lovely week ahead! 💜

Monday, November 13, 2023
  • It’s Blossom’s birthday! I can’t believe she is 1 year old! Looking back at photos from January when we got her as a young puppy, it is unbelievable to think she was ever that small and so funny to think back to where she could fit into all those months ago. Sometimes it was as if it was a game of 'Where's Blossom?' :LOL: However, she has led us on a merry dance again as she is still showing symptoms of a phantom pregnancy! The vet says that there isn’t as much discharge from her teats, and they are drying up nicely so she said it should definitely be next Monday. 🤞 I was a little disappointed but in one way, I was so happy as she wasn’t getting it done on her birthday so we got to treat her … again! She’s had some of her favourite human treats: cheese and pepperoni as well as a doggy cupcake and doggy hot dogs. I don't think she will be happy when she has to go for another shower on Sunday! :ROFLMAO:
  • Collected my temporary pain medication first thing, and started it when I got back home. Oh my goodness, I cannot believe how much better I feel already. I absolutely love being able to do what should be taken for granted. I am so happy I can go and make myself a cup of tea without fear of burning myself or being able to turn a door handle/key without struggling. I feel like how I felt when I was a teenager! It is an amazing feeling and I am really looking forward to going to bed tonight as I know I will get a good sleep for the first time in goodness knows how long. Going to enjoy this while it lasts.
  • Managed to tidy up a lot.
  • Bought some MP3 downloads from Amazon.

I wrote another entry for my island journal for the first time in months! It was just a quick one to detail my entry for the Nightmare in Paradise portion of the Haunted Carnival, but I had fun doing it. c:
Since I was already playing ACNH, I re-took some outfit screenshots of my rep with her 2.0 update hairstyle! Also created a new outfit for her which I really love. 💚
I made my Toyhou.se user profile cuter with a really lovely template made by the user ChiiAka!! My coding knowledge is utterly basic so I'm super grateful for people who provide free-to-use templates like these. ;w;
My family and I got to watch some Youtube videos and see the latest One Piece episode! It wasn't showing up for us on Crunchyroll yesterday for some reason, so I'm glad that's fixed now.

Last edited:
Back