• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I watched some more Eyeshield 21 before work today.
My manager figured out how to change my name in the system!! I just have to call the corporate office tomorrow to reset my password since it locked me out of my account today. I should be able to change my name under the personal details once I'm back in. I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW TO CONFIRM IF THIS WORKS!!!
I had an easy day at work and had a milkshake afterwards!

Another good day!

• I have a day off from work!
  • I had to drive to places, but I didn't mind it too much because the weather was pretty pleasant with clear sunny skies! With days getting chillier and the autumn season with leaves being blown around, I thought it was a good idea to have the Maple Treeway soundtrack playing while driving lol. I may or may not have it looped as well oops. 🍂🍁
I had the MK8D version.

I've also linked the original Wii version just in case you prefer this one hehe.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I'm glad I made myself go somewhere even though I didn't want to because I spotted an interesting car in the process I've yet to mention. It's an Aston Martin V8 Vantage S!
  • I bought a few Hotwheels and a Matchbox. I got lucky with these ones, and I feel like @/LadyDestani would like to see one of them!
I got a 1970 Honda N600 Off Road (top), a 1989 Mercedes-Benz 560 SEC AMG (bottom left), and a 1971 Porsche 911.
Hotwheels and a Matchbox.png

Oh, but I saved this one for last. I was lucky to get this 1962 Chevrolet Corvette (C1) as it was the last one! A little sad that it's not red, but I'm still taking this as a W!
Hotwheels C1 Corvette.png
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and golded a section of licences! I've seen people get frustrated by licence tests in the series due to how difficult they can be (I'm also one of them lol), but I always find it to be a unique approach to teaching players how certain cars drive in certain conditions. Onto the next set of licences!
Gran Turismo® 7_20231113194710.jpg

For those who are really curious to know, the cars used here that I've spotted in real life are in tests A-2, A-4, A-5, A-6, and A-8!
Gran Turismo® 7_20231113194853.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20231113194906.jpg
  • I received my eerie star potion from Jeremy!
  • I made a bit of progress in my drawing, even if it's not much.

Today I'm happy because:

- I had to deal with some issues at work, but I didn't get too stressed about them.
- I completed the two main tasks that had to be finished today.
- I ordered my nephew's birthday present and it should arrive by Friday.
- I'm ready to start thinking about Christmas presents now.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch again this evening.
- I beat what I believe is going to be the final mini-boss in Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
- I watched the latest episode of Spy x Family.

Monday, November 13, 2023
  • It’s Blossom’s birthday! I can’t believe she is 1 year old! Looking back at photos from January when we got her as a young puppy, it is unbelievable to think she was ever that small and so funny to think back to where she could fit into all those months ago. Sometimes it was as if it was a game of 'Where's Blossom?' :LOL: However, she has led us on a merry dance again as she is still showing symptoms of a phantom pregnancy! The vet says that there isn’t as much discharge from her teats, and they are drying up nicely so she said it should definitely be next Monday. 🤞 I was a little disappointed but in one way, I was so happy as she wasn’t getting it done on her birthday so we got to treat her … again! She’s had some of her favourite human treats: cheese and pepperoni as well as a doggy cupcake and doggy hot dogs. I don't think she will be happy when she has to go for another shower on Sunday! :ROFLMAO:
  • Collected my temporary pain medication first thing, and started it when I got back home. Oh my goodness, I cannot believe how much better I feel already. I absolutely love being able to do what should be taken for granted. I am so happy I can go and make myself a cup of tea without fear of burning myself or being able to turn a door handle/key without struggling. I feel like how I felt when I was a teenager! It is an amazing feeling and I am really looking forward to going to bed tonight as I know I will get a good sleep for the first time in goodness knows how long. Going to enjoy this while it lasts.
  • Managed to tidy up a lot.
  • Bought some MP3 downloads from Amazon.
Awww, Happy Birthday to Blossom! I hope she had a wonderful day! 🥳🎉🎁🧸
I'm also glad to hear that your pain medication had such an immediate impact. I hope you are able to find continued relief.

I'm happy I had the day off work today in lieu of Remembrance Day! I took advantage of it by sleeping in and looking through some old pictures from my childhood. I definitely reminisced when looking through them and felt a wide range of emotions, but it was generally happy and positive overall! I also enjoyed talking to my best friend today! Forever grateful for them. 😇

I’m thinking I should post here more often, trying to see the good in every day despite hectic work hehe 🌸

Work-related
- Studied the cases of my patients earlier this morning. I wasn’t called at the conference thankfully but I’m happy I at least got to study today!
- Got to eat with my new dutymates today at brunch, I’m not close to them yet but for someone who’s socially awkward, I’m glad I got to take baby steps in spending time with them and getting to know them.
- It‘s a long story, but essentially I didn‘t get assigned to assist in an operation today, which means more rest time for me 😴

Miscellaneous
- Had a good siesta earlier! I only had 4 hours of sleep so that was a much-needed siesta.
- Played Reverse 1999, levelled up Sotheby to Insight 2 for her pretty outfit, and finished Artificial Somnambulism ORD-5 and 6 with her, Lilya, Dikke, and An-An Lee!
555A061E-248E-4C47-94E8-8B3FCF693BF4.jpeg
- Played a bit in Project Sekai today, the grind for crystals for Ena colorfes continues 💪
- finished my checkered plushie/star frag lineup today thanks to @/wrenbow! 🫶

im real hyped for the 60th anniversary doctor who specials!! there'll be a scene this friday for children in need too ;u;

also moonstone island just got announced for the switch on the indieworld direct, been waiting for a switch announcement 😌

Last edited:
I haven't posted in here in a while, but I definitely have a few things to be happy about ☺️

I've been struggling a lot for the last... what, month and a half now? struggling with bipolar. if you know, you know. it's really not a fun time. the med I've been taking since February isn't really doing me any good long-term, and over the last 4-5 weeks I've dealt with a grueling hypomanic episode, as well as a period of panic/fear for a few days my recent med increase. it's been awful for me; I'm getting though it, and I have been feeling better yesterday and today, but I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone.
anyway, my psychiatrist wants me to try a new medication, but I told his office receptionist that I won't do that unless I can talk to him in person. by the grace of god it just happens that he had a cancellation today; it's incredibly difficult to get in to see him without scheduling out months in advance, so I'm very grateful that I was able to take it. I do have to miss a few hours of work, but I can't afford to miss this appointment. praying that it goes well and I can get something figured out, I want to get my bipolar under control again but I want to make sure I do so in a safe and informed manner. 😌

over the course of the last week, probably the peak of my struggles in terms of the fear/anxiety/distress I was feeling, I've had opportunities to talk to a few of my friends, namely @Shellzilla_515, @-Mars-, @Seastar, @Merielle, and @Roxxy. I think to say that they helped me get through that period of low mental health would be a great understatement, I really am so grateful for them and their continued support and love. and of course, I should mention all my friends who sent me a DM/VM to check in and make sure I was okay. I know you guys care a lot about me, I care about all of you too and I love being part of such a wonderful and caring community. 🥺💝

since I was/am feeling better this morning, I got up early and I went out to buy some fresh black tea bags (I've been making unsweetened iced tea for myself lately but my tea bags were stale), my favourite coffee creamer (peppermint mocha), and some donuts from the local donut shop. I'm enjoying a boston creme donut and a hot cup of coffee while writing this! :giggle:

I've been journaling a lot lately (I mean a lot, averaging 3000-6000 words per day) and it's been very therapeutic for me. it allows me to get all my thoughts out of my head; the amount that I ramble on here is only a fraction of what I'm thinking about, so journaling is a way for me to dump all of my thoughts, which is nice. plus, I can look back at what I've written and consider those thoughts and ideas from different perspectives, which often leads to me being more understanding and compassionate with myself. it's hard to do that when my thoughts are just bouncing around in my head, so in that sense I really love journaling. 💕

if it wasn't obvious, my interest in Pokemon has resurfaced recently haha. I've mostly been fueling that fixation by watching youtube videos (mostly MandJTV, Aura Guardian, Dobbs, Emperor Cubone, and Johnstone, and also a few outliers), but my primary interest in the series for a long time has been shiny hunting. About two weeks ago I caught a shiny Barboach through chain fishing in Omega Ruby (I want to get another so I can evolve it into Whiscash), and I have plans to shiny hunt for Zangoose (dexnav, Omega Ruby), Miltank (masuda method, Omega Ruby), Venipede (shaking bush, X), Charmander (Fire Red, so that I can shiny hunt for Suicune later; yes I am a masochist), and Fennekin (masuda method, Violet). some of these hunts I've already started, and while I'm not actually actively hunting them right now, I have/will hunt for them off-and-on for a little while.
to go along with this, a few days ago I found a Dragonair plush in a grocery store for $18 (normally $35 oof). I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it or not, but after considering it for a few days I decided to go back for him today. there were two of them before, and there was one left today, so I'm happy I could snatch him up. I decided to name him Joshua after my Dragonair in Pokemon GO. despite having been a Pokemon fan since 2010 I really don't have much merch for it (because it's so expensive skdjfks), so I'm happy to add this one to my collection!
a lovely long boy for sure 💙✨ also decided to include my other Pokemon plushies bc they're great too hehe
20231114-094937.jpg
now I just need a Scolipede plush and I will be a very happy Bug 🫶🥰

about a week ago I went through my closet and collected a bunch of shirts that I didn't wear anymore, as well as some other items that had just been taking up space, and I donated them. it felt really nice to clear up some of that clutter. I have plans to keep going through stuff and donating/selling them soon, lately I've been feeling kind of uncomfortable owning as much stuff as I do so I know I'll feel better as I find more things to get rid of.

kinda random but I've really been enjoying my job a lot. it's very rewarding to work in a library, helping and interacting with patrons, being surrounded by books. my coworkers are wonderful and I'm happy to work with them. my supervisors are also very understanding and accommodating which I appreciate immensely. I'm still hoping to move up to full-time soon, but for now I'm very content where I am and I don't have any intention of leaving this job. 📖💞

I started doing some painting again. Both of my brothers had dogs who passed away this year...and since I'm out of work, and don't have any money, I thought I would paint them each a portrait of their dog for Christmas.

I haven't really done any painting since like High School, probably. It's literally been like 15 years. I did a painting a couple years ago for my girlfriend at the time (when her rabbit died)...and it was okay, but I wasn't 100% happy with it. It was still a struggle. But, this weird thing happened where I just "get it" now.

I used to struggle with concepts like color and tone. My paintings would come out looking muddy, flat, etc...so I stopped doing them. But, I think after like 15 years of constantly taking photos and improving my photography, and not thinking about painting at all...my brain has been rewired to be like "oh...I know what color this item should be in the context of this light"...or "I know that this shadow isn't just gray, there is actually some purple and yellow in it. It feels effortless now...and that's wild. I've basically finished two entire paintings this week with no major hangups, and I think they look great. There are still minor details to add-on, and some work to be done with the background of each portrait just to bring it all together...but the bulk of the actual portraits are done. You can look at them and instantly recognize them as either dog. They have personality and don't just look like generic dogs.

Anyway...long story short, I'm feeling proud of something I did for the first time in like actual decades, and I think I've put my imposter syndrome to rest (at least for a while). Lol

• Work was good yesterday. Mostly because I didn't have to deal with any rude customers like I did the other day. It was super busy, super busy. One of the customers I was checking out bought over 50 items (all clothing) for a total of around $650 so it was a huge transaction since everything has security tags to take off, hangers to take off, and has to be folded. But I got through it. That's the biggest transaction I've ever done. The closest to that I've done was a $430 transaction. Another customer yesterday had 8 huge delicate glass items that each had to be individually wrapped. Which was tedious and hard because they don't give us proper wrapping paper to wrap stuff with. So it's difficult and I just did my best and didn't break anything so I'm proud of myself. I feel like work is getting a little easier in terms of knowing how to do things. I've been there 2 and 1/2 months now.
  • I walked to the library today and picked up some books. Brought my Pokemon Go Plus + with me on my walk to catch pokemon and spin pokestops while out walking. It was nice to go out just to get out and get some exercise. 99% of the time when I leave the house it's for work, or my volunteer job, or to run errands or go grocery shopping or to appointments. So it was nice to just go out to enjoy a walk at my own pace and browse through the library since I felt like it. I picked up some drawing guidebooks since I'm trying to get back into drawing again
  • One of my neighbors told me she noticed that I've lost weight, which was so nice to hear because I lost 14lbs the past 2 months and I wasn't sure if it was noticeable to anyone or not, but apparently it is. I've been putting a lot of effort into losing weight by being more active and eating healthier. My fitbit and Pokemon Go have both been motivating me to walk more :)
  • I have the day off today so I'm just enjoying it, gonna draw some and listen to music, hang out with my cats and relax :)

I managed to get into the website and had no issues changing my name, but the change is now submitted for approval. I'm not sure who is approving it but I've no doubt it will go through. Another enby had their name changed, as well, and the change was approved. I'll probably be back once more once it's approved.
I washed my bedsheets and did a load of laundry, so now everything is clean.
I watched a few more episodes of Eyeshield 21. Sadly, I'm getting closer to the end...

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

• Got up early, also felt refreshed and motivated!
  • I have been making the most of my medication and got a lot of stuff done with I had been putting off because of my pain. I am so happy to get things done as my mind has wanted to get it done but my joints have said no! I am so happy at the simplest of things at the moment, such as opening a can of Cola without having to use a gadget aid. It is bliss!
  • I even managed to get down onto the floor to play with Blossom. I’m sure she enjoyed it as playing turned into her wanting a lot of tummy rubs! My eyes began to fill up with happy tears. I just love her to bits!
Awww, Happy Birthday to Blossom! I hope she had a wonderful day! 🥳🎉🎁🧸
Blossom says thank you for your birthday wishes! :love: (I'm not sure what she was looking at outside as there was no-one there!) :ROFLMAO:
20231114_084028-min.jpg

OH MY GOD I’M GOING TO A MELANIE MARTINEZ CONCERT IN JUNE!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭 i wasn’t going to say anything about it until later because i’m honestly so, so terrified of something going wrong or this being too good to be true, but oh my god. 😭😭

i was feeling so devastated and disappointed just half an hour ago because the page froze for the longest time during my first attempt to buy tickets, and my session expired as soon as the page unfroze and i lost the tickets. i decided to try one last time for ****s and giggles on mobile, and i was able to get tickets???? i have tickets???? i’m going to see and hear melanie live in concert???? 😭😭😭

i have loved melanie and her music so much since i was in middle school. her music, her crybaby album especially, means the absolute world to me and has gotten me through so much. i have never wanted to see an artist live so badly before, but i was never able to afford to see her live during her crybaby, K-12, and portals tours. i’ve been lowkey feeling so crushed these past several months because i thought i would never get to hear any of the crybaby songs live. and now i get to hear all of them live in just 208 days. 😭😭😭

i’m shaking, i’m nauseous, my head and stomach hurt so bad LOL, but i can’t even begin to explain what this means to me. i have yearned to see melanie live since i was 12 years old, and i thought it would never, ever happen. now i have the order confirmation for her trilogy tour tickets in my email. crying forever omg

I told y'all I would be back.

I think my name was officially changed in the system! I haven't looked yet since the site is slow to update, but my manager texted me calling me my chosen name and confirmed it went through. I wasn't insanely open about this, but my name is now like this on the schedule and so I'm out completely?? *cries*
My throat is dry but I don't feel sick aside from the dry throat. I think I may have caught something from my friend. I picked up some soups for myself.
I found amazing fanart of some of my favorite characters from Eyeshield 21. I almost lost it on the episode Sena told Mamori that he was Eyeshield.

I’m happy that I was off today. The weather was cooler today . Me and Aurora had a nice walk this morning and saw a family of ducks
FC739313-8619-4382-9ACF-9D6A54E7F3FA.jpeg
I’m happy it finally rained today we really needed it. It was the perfect day to relax inside . Spent the afternoon with Aurora playing ACNH and Pokémon Arceus. Also completed this puzzle.
695ED77D-520D-4117-BAD4-0F498B7EC7F4.jpeg

Last edited:
I got to visit with my aunt today! Her, mine, and my mother's birthdays are all within nearly a month of each other, so we just celebrated all of ours today ahahaha. We got her some fuzzy cat paw socks as a birthday gift and she seemed to really love them, and I got some early birthday spending money from her as well! We had cheesecake and enchiladas and just had a really great time hanging out and watching Youtube. Also one of her cats was being the absolute snuggliest little baby and he wouldn't stop purring and rubbing up against us, it was so sweet 😭
I bought myself Little Goody Two Shoes for the Switch with some of my birthday money, and I've got some ivy vine fairy lights and a ton of stickers on the way too! I'm very excited for them aaaa ;v;
My parents and I watched some Youtube this evening and caught up a little on SmallishBeans' Secret Life series!

kinda random but I've really been enjoying my job a lot. it's very rewarding to work in a library, helping and interacting with patrons, being surrounded by books. my coworkers are wonderful and I'm happy to work with them. my supervisors are also very understanding and accommodating which I appreciate immensely. I'm still hoping to move up to full-time soon, but for now I'm very content where I am and I don't have any intention of leaving this job. 📖💞
by some amazing coincidence, when I got to work yesterday I got an email from my supervisor asking me (and a few of my other part-time coworkers) if I was interested in interviewing for the full-time position opening up at my branch soon! I've been thinking about it a lot for the last few weeks, and I actually wanted to ask about it again recently, so it was a very pleasant surprise. I told her, of course I'm interested, and she said that she and my manager would set up an interview for me!! 🤩

obviously there's no guarantee that I'll get it, and I'm honestly really nervous about interviewing because I want to do my best to prove that I'm qualified for the job. not to mention, I've never worked full-time so I'm nervous about that too. but I know that I'll put in my best effort and hopefully I can get it, that would be so awesome. 🥰

- Had a really long sleep last night!! (around 12 hours) I was exhausted I guess :sleep:

- Today has just been a much needed day of rest, I watched some YouTube videos, had sourdough toast and a burrito. I also got some laundry done and am planning to do a LOT of uni work in the next two days (y)

- Happy I have another day off tomorrow :)

- My trip to Munich is actually really close now, I think I have work the day before I fly out so must make sure to get to sleep early o_O

Back