• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I feel so much better than I did last week at this time. My only real symptoms are coughing. I almost feel like tomorrow, my throat won't hurt at all, my eyes will be white, and my nose will be able to breathe normally! *knocks on wood vigorously*

Update: I'm completely back to normal!

Last edited:
☪︎ i received more christmas lights from beautiful friends and fellow tbt members, and sent more lights out as well! all of the sweet and creative messages that i’ve received mean the absolute world to me; people thinking of me enough to spend their tbt on me and send me lights warms my heart so much. i’m so thankful. 💖

ִ ࣪𖤐 and speaking of christmas lights, i changed my lineup again! i think this is the first year where i’ve been able to make a lineup with some of the christmas lights that i’ve received that isn’t just an entire lineup of them haha, and i’m so excited about that! i still love the 3 christmas ghosts lineup that i made with them yesterday, but i really love my current lineup as well. 2 of my beautiful event favourite collectibles that i’ll never not be in disbelief over, oblivia’s not ugly christmas egg, the moon bunny that my wonderful friend @/-Blue- gifted me, my snow bunny that once was one of my biggest dream collectibles, and 5 lights from dear friends? doesn’t get any better than that if you ask me. 🥹 i still have a couple christmas lineups that i’m dying to display, so i’ll probably change it up again over the next few weeks, but right now i’m very happy with my current lineup!

𐦍 i started cleaning my mom and i’s bathroom! it’s been a while since i’ve cleaned it, and it desperately needs done. i dusted and wiped down the sink, the bathtub, and the back of the toilet tomorrow, and will get started on the shelves and towel racks tomorrow. i wasn’t able to get as much done today as i’d like as i don’t feel the greatest today, but i’m happy that i was able to get anything done at all. ❤️‍🩹

i also helped my parents make dinner! we’re having stir-fry tonight, and i chopped up the meat and vegetables for it! i’m not sure if i’ll be enjoying any of my work tonight as it’s also one of those days where food doesn’t appeal to me at all 😅, but i feel good about helping regardless. :’)

omg what a professional soccer (football? i know you’re in the UK 😋) player!! after her surgery, you gotta get her signed to a league… she would win every game fr, just because she’s baby!

I am over the moon happy for you, Roxxy, my precious friend and thank you to all the others who made the dream collectible possible 💕 a heart wand in loving memory of your dear Mum 💖💕💖 Never ever give up on a dream!!
A Special Thanks to The lovely @Aerith and @mogyay
IMG_0944.jpeg

I am over the moon happy for you, Roxxy, my precious friend and thank you to all the others who made the dream collectible possible 💕 a heart wand in loving memory of your dear Mum 💖💕💖 Never ever give up on a dream!!
A Special Thanks to The lovely @Aerith and @mogyay
View attachment 523996
I am now crying 😢 honestly. I am so grateful for you my dearest friend and you are family. Mum would love this (and Brandy need treats 😂❤️)

AHHH MY FRIEND MADE KEYCHAINS FOR OUR FRIEND GROUP. AND SHIPPED THEM OUT. I GOT MINE TODAY AND NOT ONLY DID I GET A CUTE LIL KEYCHAIN...

89ZwrjV.jpg

... THEY DREW ME MY FAVORITE CHARACTER OF ANYTHING FOR THE FANDOM WE'RE BOTH IN AHJGDSKJDNSKJAHDJ!!!!!!! AS A SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W8qtwbe.jpg

popped it RIGHT INTO the picture frame i have for this guy. it's now in my "shrine" for this character. (he has no merch. woohoo!)

okuo6O3.jpg

-I managed to move my nephew's toy organizer and sort its contents before my oldest sibling came back with the pine tree. I actually feel accomplished.

-Sent and received some Christmas lights.💝

-Did the math and realized that I will be able to pull the last character that I want (from a gaming app) in time.

-Lazed around all afternoon.

• I was surprised to receive some Christmas lights from some of the kind members on here 🥹 I was struggling with some stuff yesterday, so to open the forums and read all your kind messages meant so much to me, so thank you 🤍
  • Had some Nandos for dinner with family, and had hot milos with biscuits later in the evening!

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep in this morning and I'm feeling rested.
- I played more Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
- I got my laundry done.
- My husband helped me cleaned the bathroom walls and shower.
- I got all those chores done today so I can relax and do nothing tomorrow.
- I received more Christmas Lights and will start sending some out tonight.
- @themysterybidder I got to see Blossom playing in the snow!

- I got to sleep in today, which was much appreciated. 💤

- Cuddled with my kitty again. 🐱

- The Dallas Stars defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning in searing fashion 8-1 to stay on par with the top of the NHL Central Division! 🏒 🔥

- I completed the event in Honkai: Star Rail "A Foxian Tale of the Haunted." It was lots of fun! 👻

- I'm still really appreciative of all the lights people are sending me on here! All the kind messages warm my heart. 💚

It's been a good day today!
  • I had a day off from work.
  • This is from last night, but I updated my aesthetic for the winter season! I feel like I'm gonna have to update my profile pic to include the blue trio together in one image (Blue, Poliwag, and the galaxolotl). I don't want to leave that galactic amphibian out! Also, I really vibe with the signature drawing that @/jadetine made for me during last year's Secret Santa! I'm still amused how she drew the Honda S2000 trying to be a red nosed reindeer and of course, my animal villager OC Pag-asa carrying a bag of gifts. ☺️
  • I ate a blueberry muffin that my mother made from yesterday. It tastes pretty great! 🫐
  • I received some Christmas lights from a few people, notably @/Roxxy, @/S.J. (I see what you did there putting car emojis in the message lol), and @/xSuperMario64x! Thank you for the lovely words. I'll have to send some to others soon. 🥰
  • Feel free to skip this point. I was on the highway driving on my way home after completing an errand. I legitimately got goosebumps when I saw a 2023 Nissan Z in my side mirrors and eventually overtook me! The last time I saw this car was much earlier in the year, but I only had a split second to recognize it. This time around, I had ample time to see it and admire yet again how it's one of the many cars that appeared in the Gran Turismo series. 🥹
  • Speaking of which, I played Gran Turismo 7 and did some races for fun. I also watched a stream in game where there was an esports event involving this game and got to see some racing which I personally find to be entertaining. Oh, and I did an online time trial and really enjoyed driving the car I had to use it for.
It features the 2017 Alpine A110. It may not mean much to you guys, but I find it pretty special to since I still remember that day when I got to see that French vehicle in person last year at a car show! I still find it a little hard to believe that I was basically blessed to actually spot one with my own eyes. Look at it go in the background. 🥺
Gran Turismo® 7_20231202183132.jpg
  • I cooked popcorn chicken for dinner with rice and some red onions on the side. 😛🧅
  • I had an awesome chat with @/xSuperMario64x. He also treated me to a drawing he finished very recently featuring my OC I just mentioned in this post! Anyways, it initially started out as a doodle but when I saw it, I wanted Bug to turn it into a full drawing and so he did! It's quite funny too lol.
My OC is wearing a snowquill headdress. If you ever played Zelda Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom, you'll know that a few feathers is already enough to keep the wearer warm hence why you see him wearing a starry tank and blue pineapple aloha shorts at -10 degrees celsius in a blizzard without freezing into an icicle lol. Also, I can't get over how orange fits Pag-asa very well haha. 🧡
1701575141472.png
  • I finally got around to starting my drawing for secret Santa! It's in the very early stages as I'm still planning out what I want to draw.

Edit: Added a point!

Last edited:
@themysterybidder - I got to see Blossom playing in the snow! My first dog was a beagle, and they are similar to basset hounds. Seeing Blossom reminds me of the memories I had with my first puppy that died. I believe the tumor she had on her tail was cancerous, but nothing was done. Blossom looks like a sweetheart.
I'm grateful for the lights that were sent to me so far. The sweet messages meant a lot to me and I'm honored to have been accepted as a user on this site.
I had a smooth night at work despite someone not showing up for their shift. We all worked together to get out in a timely manner. I helped out in other areas of the store to make sure everything went well. I also work in the morning tomorrow which I'm happy about, because I prefer daylight shifts.
I'm more confident with my chosen name now that I'm being referred to as such. I'm happy there are people in my life that take me seriously.
I saw my favorite person tonight and I got to wish her a happy birthday. She doesn't celebrate it, but I'm happy I got to tell her in person.

Watched an episode of Fairy Tail and Hunter x Hunter this morning with my parents!!
Even though I've not sent many out, I've received even more Christmas Lights with some super sweet messages ;w;
I got to see GeminiTay's new Secret Life episode over dinner, and we also had our first few Pillsbury sugar cookies of the season!
Also played Pretty Princess Magical Garden Island some more! I unlocked terraforming, and based off of experiences with it in ACNH, I don't know whether to be excited or terrified LOL

It's been a while! Some recent things:

- We had our first snow and it settled! It isn't always guaranteed that it'll snow much here, especially this early, so it's always special when we get it.

- Watched two of the three Doctor Who 60th anniversary specials that are out so far. I grew up with David Tennant as the Doctor (as well as Christopher Eccleston), so seeing him and Catherine Tate in their roles again with the same writer was really nostalgic. The show is a lot cheesier than I remember hahaha but it's been fun.

- Also been watching more Utena and I've been using it to study Japanese by watching it without English subs. I've added a lot more words to my vocabulary flashcards and it's making me more motivated to practise so that I can understand everything without looking words up.

- Been managing my stress levels and health a lot better recently so I'm feeling much happier.

- I won't go into the details but I'm very proud of my brother for some things that have happened in the past couple of weeks!

- Although I haven't had time to go back and react to every post in here since I last posted, I've been enjoying reading through them all!

I want to start by saying, thank you so much to everyone who has sent me Christmas Lights. the messages attached are some of the most heartwarming and lovely messages I've gotten this year 🥺💞 I would love to send lights to all my wonderful friends, but as you can see... I'm basically broke. It honestly makes me sad that these lights are temporary, I wish I could give my friends something that will last a lot longer (I suppose... my endless love and support hehehe). but anyways, I'll see if I can get more tbt to send lights to all of you 💖

I've struggled to get into the holiday spirit for the last few years, so I decided to change my avatar to something a little more festive so I can hopefully do that. I just took a pic of Scolipede (aka the best buggy pokemon of all time) from the anime and slapped a Santa hat on him. he's probably not particularly amused, but honestly he's chill so it's okay haha 🎅 I will miss my other avatar though, that drawing is one of my favourite drawings anyone has made for me. 🥰

I've had a recipe for red velvet loaf cake that I've been wanting to make for quite a while now, and I think I may actually go get the stuff to make it today. I just feel like baking something sweet and I haven't had red velvet cake in a while, plus this particular cake has cream cheese frosting and I'm very excited about that! 😊

along with that, I plan on working on drawings and writing in my journal today. I'm actually feeling a little better and I have the day off, so I'd like to take it easy and just enjoy myself for a while. 💜

Yesterday started out kinda bad, wasn't feeling well all morning mentally speaking. Work went well for me, though, it was quite busy and kept me being productive. But I told myself that I would have a good evening, and I honestly really did! I got to hang out with my brother for a few hours, laughing a lot at his funny and chaotic antics (if yall think I'm wack you should see my brother lmaooo), and I also got to spend some time chatting with @/Shellzilla_515 and @/-Mars-! 💚💙🤍 it was all around a good time, and helped tremendously with my mood. they made me laugh and smile, and they were very kind to me. I'm grateful to have people like that in my life. 😭💞💞💞✨

since I won't see my psychiatrist again til the end of the month and I'm getting frustrated trying to exchange messages through the receptionist, I decided to start taking my old bipolar med again. I was on it for about 9 months, and only just recently stopped taking it as per doctor's recommendation. but even though it didn't help with hypomania, it did help with depression. taking nothing at all was just making things worse. I'm already starting to feel better, I'm definitely not depressed like I was yesterday. feeling exhausted from mental/emotional turbulence, but I'm okay. I appreciate everyone who has been sending me well messages and helping me get through it, your support means the world to me. 🤗💗

happy to live another day to spend with my loved ones (including friends), do things I enjoy, and be grateful for those things. ☺️

also need to randomly say that I'm still obsessed w the planet glow wand and it is currently bringing me an immeasurable happiness hehehe 🪐✨

I dont really celebrate Christmas but my family like it and I cant go home this Christmas so I bought a tree and a bunch of decorations that me and my partner can put up when he's home from work. I think its a nice blend of cultures, especially considering that next Thursday I'm throwing a Hanukkah party :)

Sunday, December 3, 2023
  • I received more Christmas lights last night and also today from more lovely members! I am absolutely delighted I have more than enough to have all Christmas lights in my sidebar! I want to enjoy them until they disappear! I genuinely mean this, the lights are lovely to receive, but the messages are just so sweet! 🥹 For each one of you to personalise the lights, they mean so much to me! I have to give a special mention to @Midoriya for calling me Buck’s #1 Fan! :D
  • Got up at 4.30am, so got a lot of odds and ends done before the rest of the house and Blossom got up! I love that time of the morning, getting things done then the rest of the weekend is my own.
  • Having great fun each day creating a different scene each day for ‘Buck’s Advent Calendar’ in the ‘Buck Appreciation Stable’! I do love making some silly scenes with Buck! I will have to keep thinking of new ideas!
  • Heard ‘Step into Christmas’ at least three times today across the Christmas music channels. I love the majority of Christmas songs, but ‘Step into Christmas’ is my all time favourite!
  • Watched some Christmas specials from Last of the Summer Wine, Two Doors Down and Still Game. Also, watched a non-Christmas episode of ‘Still Game, ‘Cauld’ (The writers would name the episodes in Scottish slang until it started broadcasting nationality). That episode matched the weather outside over the weekend!

Part two of the local person I met sharing my interest, when they came to pick up they actually BROUGHT one of the plush we were talking about so I could see it in person. 🥺 That was so sweet of them. I had slipped in a hand drawn Oshawott picture in the bag with their stuff and later on they messaged back being like omg I actually saw one of the oshawott pictures you drew last week and I was like ??? So wild that I met a stranger irl that's seen my art online. A similar thing happened last week too, I joined a collector group and was sharing a picture of something I bought, and someone replied to me because they recognised me for my art and it was so surreal, this person took the time to tag me today too because they found something I was after being sold online. 🥺🥺 IDK it's just kind of surreal to have people actually telling me they recognise me???

Also semi related but I've now had another person ask me if they can use my art for a tattoo and another one asked to print one of my pics onto a mug as a gift and just. 😭

It was nice dropping into the forum and seeing a small handful of notifications receiving Christmas lights. TBH I wasn't expecting any because I never really felt like I fit in or was accepted in this community, camp tbt making it blatantly more obvious and stop trying,
so it's nice to know there are people who do care and thought of me.💕

Back