• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

i hope everyone has a great week ahead!

☪︎ i went out with my mom this afternoon! it was a pretty gloomy, foggy day, but it still felt nice to get out for a bit. i was able to pick up some stuff that i wanted/needed, and my mom and i went to get some car maintenance done! we got the oil changed, mechanics checked (everything seems to be in good shape, including the battery! that was a relief to hear after the scare my parents had with the car earlier this week), and winter tires ordered to hopefully have put on tomorrow! my mom also bought me an adorable deer ornament from the store; it’s so adorable! there was a hedgehog one that i was tempted to get as well, but ya’ll know how much i love my deers, haha. ❤️
IMG_4823.jpeg

ִ ࣪𖤐 i received even more christmas lights from incredible people, and sent more out as well! the amount of people that have taken the time and thought to send me lights is so astounding to me, i’m so grateful! all of the kind messages have meant the world to me. 🥹

𐦍 bonk cuddled with me last night while i watched when harry met sally… (one of my favourite movies), and continued cuddling with me for a few hours after it ended as well! she was so, so cute and sleepy, and the way she looked up at me with her sleepy, loving little gaze just melted my heart. i love my baby!

i came up with some new lineups last night that i absolutely love! i can’t wait to use them in the future. 💜

𖤓 i guessed all of the movies correctly for @CylieDanny’s contest, and received a tasty cake and an orange! it was such a fun contest to participate in, and i’m so grateful for the time, effort, and thought that was put into every aspect of it!

☪︎ i sold a couple more of my unused collectibles!

Saw the latest episodes of One Piece ("Emptee Bluffs" omg 😭 ) and Spy x Family with my parents this morning!! Both were really good!
I played more Pretty Princess Magical Garden Island and reached the end credits! Although I'm definitely going to be playing for a while longer—I'm nowhere near done collecting everything, and I haven't even started really decorating yet!
Had more Christmas-y Pillsbury cookies while we watched Grian's most recent episode of Secret Life! It was fun seeing a POV from the other side of the Boogeyman Apocalypse ahahaha
I saw some absolutely stunning fanart of a few of my comfort characters!!! ;w; Also went through the current opening for One Piece at reduced speed and screenshotted a few scenes for my desktop wallpaper collection aaaa

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep in this morning. 💤
- The weather is starting to warm up again. ☀️
- I had a relaxing day at home watching TV and playing games. 📺🎮
- My husband and I went out for dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant. The food was delicious and so was the Chai tea I ordered. 🍛☕
- I received more Christmas Lights from the lovely people on the forum. I have a full lineup now. 🎄
- I've sent out two batches of Christmas Lights to others so far. 🎄
- I decided it was time to break out my Grinch aesthetic. 💚

- I decided it was time to break out my Grinch aesthetic. 💚

I loved your Grinch aesthetic ever since I saw you don it on the forums a year or several years ago. It's iconic by this point! 💚

---

Today I'm just happy because I'm all caught up in Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail with everything aside from the newest Genshin event, which I should have time to work on this week. My dad also gave me some stuff to accelerate my recovery from COVID, so I'm hoping it works. I wanted to give him the biggest hug ever, but I'm still sick, lol. I was very fortunate to grow up with the parents I did. :blush:

-The Christmas tree is lit and decorated.

-I’ve sent out another round of Christmas lights.💝

-Bought two collectibles from Xara. Now the tricolor puppy can replace the rubber duck in my plushies lineup. The blue hybrid pansy will be added to my flowers collection. I’m so happy!

-Finally started wrapping presents. Hopefully I will be done by next week as more packages arrive.

What happened yesterday on 12/2/23:
- I ate some food at a Mediterranean restaurant that tasted yummy, especially the French fries.
- Completed some graphite drawings of a dog and cat using tutorials from Draw Real Animals by Lee Hammond. I don't plan on drawing hyper-realistically, I just want to get the basics so I can develop my own style.
Dog and Cat Drawings.jpg
- Studied a bit in the evening.
- Watched some anime and it's getting exciting.
- Received some Christmas lights and I appreciate the kind messages I received. They really cheered me up.

What happened today:
- I went for a walk outside and I saw some cute corgis.
- Somebody has been sleeping on my lap.
Luna sleeping on my lap.jpg
- Completed a lot of homework and I look forward to finishing this semester.
- Worked on another sketch.

I have a place booked for my next trip to Ontario!! it's a few months out but I'm so excited!! 🥰🇨🇦💕

I'll probably start making a list of things I'd like to do while I'm there, since I have more time to prepare for it. really can't wait though omg gdjfhdjdssh I'm comin back for ya Toronto babey!! 🤩

I stayed an extra four hours at work yesterday because there was a huge lack of people scheduled last night. I didn't want to stay the whole night since I had trouble sleeping the night before and I would've passed out if I stayed much longer, lmao. I stayed as long as I could and went to sleep afterwards. I normally don't have that much trouble sleeping but there was a strange amount of construction being done at night and it was loud. I feel a lot better now having got some nice sleep.
I'm happy that the Los Angeles Kings won their game against the Colorado Avalanche. It was a nice recover from last game's unfortunate loss to the Capitals. A fun fact: The next game will be played against the Blue Jackets which is my debit card team. I wanted a hockey themed debit card and my bank at the time had limited choices.

I had a few more lovely members send me some lights. I honestly wasn't expecting to receive this many lights but they all bring a smile to my face.
I don't know if I mentioned this but the dates for my next Disney World trip have been chosen. We are going at the beginning of November. I won't mention specific dates yet, but it's for a week once again and I'm excited. These trips are going to be a yearly thing and I'm going to be much more prepared for next year. I'll have a better job as well. I spent the majority of last trip being angry at my old manager/anxious about the transfer. I think I'll be happier this time, because I'm definitely much happier now.
People using my pronouns giving me so much euphoria. I also want to see if the MTF who works with me wants help changing her name in the system but that might be awkward to bring up, lol. She's been an awesome person to be around, though, I will definitely say that.

Edit: Fixing a typo, lol.

Last edited:
Monday, December 4, 2023
  • Usually we put up a six foot Christmas tree and lots of decorations, but as Blossom is still a puppy we thought it would be best to not decorate quite as much. I started with tinsel and lights today. So far so good, she’s not been really bothered by it! I have got 2 three foot Christmas trees, so I will decorate them tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • We had some parcels delivered this afternoon, and one of them was in a large box. I couldn’t resist it, I lifted Blossom into it! It was so funny! You've heard of a Jack in a box, well this was ...
Blossom in box-min.jpg
  • When I was getting the Christmas decorations out, I found some more home family videos. I will convert them to my hard drive in the next few days. I really hope there is some more footage of my Mum on them, as it would be wonderful to watch footage that I can’t remember.
  • Watched a Only Fools and Horses and Still Open All Hours Christmas special.
  • Been catching up with the lovely @CylieDanny . We’ve not messaged for a while so it was really nice to catch up. :)

Went shopping, got some pants for work so I don't ruin/dirty up my normal pants. Also found the TotK Ganondorf amiibo cause every time I go to the store I gotta check the video game section even thou there's usually nothing new there. Well this time there was! No other TotK amiibo thou, just Ganon.

i picked up a couple of kinder surprise eggs while i was out running errands cause i just felt like i needed a pick me up for right when i got home. i love the chocolate egg but what really always intrigues me is the toy inside, and the two i picked up have a little disney toy inside of them 😊 i might just eat one and save the chocolate from the other egg for tomorrow but i'm definitely opening both to see what's inside of them 👀

Made a major effort to fix my sleep schedule again by getting up early this morning (no matter how unhappy I was about it) and taking a walk around the neighborhood with my mom! We're gonna try to make this a regular thing when the weather's good.
I played Pretty Princess Magical Garden Island throughout the day—mostly just popping in every so often to collect resources and start producing more since it's real-time based, but with a couple longer play sessions thrown in as well!
My family and I watched SmallishBeans' latest Secret Life episode! His initial task before the Apocalypse hit was really fun ahaha
I got started on the lineart for my Secret Santa art and I think it's coming along nicely so far!
I stg I'm not gonna make adoptables another hobby of mine (I have more than enough hobbies right now!!)... but I stumbled across this adorable design up for free and?? I love her already omg... she's gonna be besties with my other adopted gal Twyla ;v;

A few good things for today!
  • I had the day off from work.
  • This was from yesterday, but it still made me very happy thinking about it. At work, I was very hyped to see that a Volkswagen Beetle Dune showed up to have its tires swapped for the winter season... The best part is that I got to do just that after working on a few cars! Though, I still had some help from my coworkers (low profile tires hate me rip). Why it took five months of me working there until a Beetle finally showed up for service at work is beyond me, but yeah! Also, I got to honk the horn and it sounds so adorable I can't. 😭 This is random, but it's unfortunate that Volkswagen discontinued the Beetle since 2019 due to low sales and more people wanting to drive huge SUVs.
  • I received some more Christmas lights from a few more people, most notably @/Midoriya, @/LadyDestani, and @/-Mars-! I really appreciate those heartwarming messages. 🥺 I'm also noticing a recurring theme from those said messages too... I see what you three did there lol. 🏎️
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and had some fun doing custom races.
  • I made some more progress on my drawing for the Secret Santa!
  • I got to listen to music while drawing, including some Christmas music. The holiday spirit is getting to me hehe. ❄️

Back