• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Happy friday!
IMG_8419.png

I watched the 2024 Wholesome Direct: Indie Game Showcase last week! I was honestly surprised by how many of the games piqued my interest! I was most interested in Kamaeru: A Frog Refuge (-Mars- I think you'd like this one! frogs!!), but Tiny Bookshop, Été, Discounty, Rooster and Squeakross: Home Squeak Home also look like a lot of fun! I think the froggy game is the only definite get for me right now, but I'm definitely interested in checking the others out when/if they release on switch!

The biggest highlight of the direct for me though was definitely the Usagi Shima update announcement!! I haven't played since earlier this year since I completed all of the achievements, got all the structures and items I wanted and met and became besties with all of the bunnies, so I've been eagerly waiting for an update! This update added 5 new bunnies, new items, hats and structures, a new mini-game, an island expansion, and an increase from 3 bunnies being able to live on the island permanently to 5!!

I received the art I commissioned from the incredible and kind @Pixori! I'm a big fan of their art, and seeing my girl in one of their styles is such a blessing! I'm so happy with how it turned out, and am so grateful to them!

I'm also waiting on art I commissioned from an offsite artist, which I'm very excited about!

I played Splatoon 3 with @Mokuren, @Mimi Cheems, @Aquilla and @Dunquixote the other day! It was a lot of fun, and I'm very grateful to them for being kind and patient about me not having a single idea what I'm doing LOL. I'm very smooth brained when it comes to Splatoon, but I'm having fun with it and that's all that matters! :> ty again @Saylor ily
IMG_8436.jpeg
IMG_8437.jpeg

Speaking of Splatoon.. I finally made it to levels 2, 3 and 4, got my first non-default weapons (and have no idea what I'm doing with them 🫠), and was on my first winning Turf War team!! I haven't had a chance yet to explore the shops and features that unlocked when I reached level 4, but I'm excited to do so!

I bought my dad a Minion plush for Father's Day!! I'm not sure how he'll feel about it since he's not really into plushies, but he loves Minions, so I'm hoping he'll like it! I'm excited to give it to him!
IMG_0473.jpeg

The Usagi Shima update has been a lot of fun so far! I met all 5 of the new bunnies (Cloud my new beloved omg..), bought the island expansion, bought all of the new structures and completed the Track Star achievement, so I have all achievements complete again! The new running and jumping over obstacles mini-game is adorable! I'm still working on becoming besties with the new bunnies, so I gotta decide which 2 bunnies I want to invite permanently in the meantime... Cloud is a definite, but who else!! Tiger.. Celeste.. Moose.. Buttercup... I need to be able to invite 10 bunnies permanently tbh, I love so many of them!! D':
IMG_8425.png
IMG_8424.png
IMG_8427.png
IMG_8428.png
IMG_8426.png

My sweet, silly, adorable Bonk always makes me happy! 🖤 I can't believe she turns 3 in less than a month! 🥹
IMG_8389.jpeg
IMG_8387.jpeg

My mom won a giveaway for an adorable French Canadian pigeon enamel
pin, and she gave it to me since she knows I like silly, cute things like that!
IMG_8429.jpeg

Not much has been happening in Cozy Grove, but I reached 5 hearts with Pius of Grizz, caught 6 new critters, earned 3 new badges, and Bearos the Third let me hug him for the first time!
IMG_8430.jpeg
IMG_8431.jpeg
IMG_8432.jpeg
IMG_8433.jpeg
IMG_8434.jpeg
IMG_8435.jpeg

I'm having pizza for dinner tonight! I'm so excited.. and so hungry LOL

i rewatched the announcement trailer and watched the gameplay trailer for the new life is strange game that got announced a few days ago. i'm really interested in it - the premise sounds super cool and i've not played anything like it before!! :0 with this and lost records: bloom and rage releasing at around the same time, ain't gonna be easy on my wallet tbh rip

Incoming weird post:

Me and my younger cousin are in the habit of gifting each other weird things.

During Christmas I gave him an orange.

For my birthday this year he gave me a big bottle of Pepto Bismol.

We have a strong enough relationship that we can give each other silly things and get laughs out of it. Helps that our humor is similar.

Screenshot_20240614-202234.png

Incoming weird post:

Me and my younger cousin are in the habit of gifting each other weird things.

During Christmas I gave him an orange.

For my birthday this year he gave me a big bottle of Pepto Bismol.

We have a strong enough relationship that we can give each other silly things and get laughs out of it. Helps that our humor is similar.

View attachment 569526
I hate stomach upsets!!

I already became besties with four of the five new bunnies in Usagi Shima!! ;w; Also got the gazebo for my island aaaaa

Rescued two huge earthworms from the road during our walk today!!

I did some grinding in Fashion Dreamer and while Seeking Zeke is once again missing, I did run into one player cosplaying a Jack Jeanne character, and another player who was a cutesy maid with a handlebar mustache! Got pictures with both of them bc they were both great ahaha

uhhhh caved and ordered several glitter acrylic keychains from an Etsy shop in Germany... I will probably also be back once they restock...

Watched some Youtube videos with my family over the course of the day! We’ve also started watching ZombieCleo’s current Hermitcraft season c:

Got to work on some art today too!!

• I don't think I got the job at the place I interviewed at yesterday but I have an interview somewhere else on July 4th, and I put many other applications in other places
  • Spent time studying music theory tonight
  • Practiced ukulele, learning some new songs

It was a good day today!

My parents cooked fried chicken again and it was just as delicious as last time! 😋

I signed up for the ACNH Neighborly Hide and Seek session on June 23rd. This is my first time partaking in this, so I can't wait! I hope it goes well for me.

Speaking of ACNH, I've gotten a lot of play time there too! First I helped my friend @Yoshi155 sell his turnips. Later he complimented my island, and that surprised me (in a good way) since it looks nothing like all the overly decorated islands on social media! I also visited @ZeldaCrossing64's island for the first time to deliver some stuff they needed, which was exciting! I wish I could explore Newgrounds for a little longer, but I had to leave as soon as they told me their Switch battery was running out. Thankfully I have plans to visit them again! Then I completed one of my Nook Miles achievements and caught plenty of new fish and a new bug to donate to the museum! :D

I hope you all have or have had a great day!

Last edited:
I applied for another job today. The company I applied for sets up interviews automatically, assuming you meet the requirements. That means I didn't quite make progress yet, but I'm hoping the interview goes well. I don't think I'm the best at interviews, but I'm hoping the person will give me a chance. I'm a good worker in spite of my job history, haha. This one is for a cashier position, but they also have overnight stocking positions available. As someone that's cross-trained for both, I should be alright.
I'm excited for the newest episode of this show to release on Sunday! It's not publicly released until the end of next week, but I have early access to the episodes via Patreon.
I may be moving sooner rather than later. My dad's looking for apartments tomorrow. I just really want to get out of where I currently live, so I'm happy about this. Most of my savings went to my dad for this apartment hunt. He pays the rent and utilities (while I just buy the food), but the extra money will help push this along.

A couple friend invited us to join them for dinner so we did. We had a nice time and it was so casual. It's so nice for things to be simple and smooth. We went to a Japanese grill place and it was delicious.
Like seriously, it was nice that it was simple and chill meet up. I wish more social things in life were this smooth. We always have a nice time with this couple friend.

Hello! It's been a long time since I've posted here and I missed you all! I'm happy to be back!

There have been a few things that made me really happy since my last post.

- My husband and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary! I took the day off work, we had a nice dinner out, and he even surprised me with a couple of presents. One gift was the Axolotl Prism shirt I've shared below.

- I've been seeing tiny brown birds tucked in the corners of my awning to sleep at night. Sometimes there will even be two of them snuggled up together in a single corner.

- A new bat has been visiting my back porch this summer. Sadly, I haven't seen Mortimer at all yet, but this new bat is hanging out most nights. It's a lot more wary than Mortimer and will fly off at the slightest movement, so I've been trying to move slowly and quietly to get it used to us. Unfortunately, my dog has other plans. This little bat's fur has a more reddish hue, so I've named her Ruby.

- I saw an absolutely adorable raccoon while walking my dog one night! I heard a rustling noise and my dog darted off after something, so I shone a flashlight in the area and saw the side of a grey body making it's way up the back of a tree. I caught a glimpse of its ringed tail and thought that would be it, but then it perched in the fork of some branches and just watched us the rest of time we were out there. It was a juvenile, not a baby but not large enough to be a full adult yet. This was the first time I've seen a raccoon in real life up close like that. Usually they stay just at the edge of the light or they're too far up in the tree to see clearly. I was so excited!

- I was working from home earlier this week and looked up just in time to see a deer walk across my backyard! I rushed to the kitchen for a better view and took some pictures. She wandered around the yard very casually, ate from random trees, gave herself a good scratch and head shake, and then calmly took her leave.

@Xara I figured you would appreciated these.
1718397562913.png

20240612_124623.jpg

20240612_124531.jpg

20240612_124449.jpg

Caught her mid-head shake in this one, but somehow it came out as one of the clearest photos.

busy busy day today!!

preparations for my mom's 60th surprise birthday party has gone pretty smoothly, the only hiccup would be her cake. she's always been pretty sensitive to flavours but it's only been more sensitive since her chemo so recipe testing this week has been a struggle. she was able to immediately clock the tiniest amount of butter in the orange castella and the chocolate cheesecake was um...... a straight up no 😖
it's FINE, i ended up making the usual sponge cake she likes to eat and i made two pans :3 one's coffee and the other is orange flavoured since there's gonna be kiddos at the party and i didn't want them to have coffee flavoured sweets yet

my mom had us make this dessert, i have absolutely no clue what it's called and i'm not sure which it is... lao? cambodian? who knows, but i've eaten it before and now i get to make it which is fun!

to make things less suspicious, we're also having a father's day bbq with my paternal side of the family and we're gonna be bringing skewers for the potluck !! but we extended the invite to her sole sibling that's also in canada and thankfully my uncle was free! so my uncle, one of his kids and his girlfriend are able to come ( ˶ˆᗜˆ˵ )

* So, I was left to make a pretty hard decision this morning: I deleted and recreated my Switch account, and linked a new Nintendo account to it. Why did I have to do all this? Well, I did not have proper access to my old one anymore. I couldn't even check the password because it is censored and could not reveal it to save my life. And if I am remembering correctly, I believe I used an old google email I deleted a while back, so yeah...that was indeed a problem. I couldn't even renew my NSO subscription until this morning.
I also restarted my AC:NH island. It was a bit hard to do so after just having my birthday celebration this past Sunday, but I do think it was for the best. I was very iffy about continuing to play the one that I had, considering the account that corresponded to my Resident Representative was the one I deleted. I didn't check, but I wonder how that would have even worked. Plus, once again, my island turned into a mess I didn't have the patience to fix. I DO have one issue I need to resolve: It said I couldn't play the DLC on AC:NH (I DID buy it though), but I am hoping I can get that figured out.
So, why am I happy about all this? Well, even though I had to rebuy AC:NH, HHP, and Miitopia...I do feel like I made the right decision. Sure, it was hard to have to lose and rebuy my favorite games, but it feels wonderful having a legitimate Nintendo account after...I don't even know how long, and even starting fresh in a way. :,3
Plus, I still have my entire birthday money AND even an entire gift card from Christmas, so I didn't have to spend like all my money on this.

* In AC:NL, Apollo sent me a lovely wall in the mail. Then, when he...barged in (yeah, I'm apparently already at THAT point in New Leaf O__o), he gave me a rococo dresser. <333 Not one, but TWO of my wish list items. 💖 💖 💖

* Ate McDonald's for a late lunch/early dinner. 🍔🍟
We tried to order McDonald's last week on Friday, but it got canceled for some unknown reason .___. So, my brother got us Wendy's instead last week.
(my brother usually orders us Door Dash on Fridays)
But we tried again this week. :)

Back