• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

Today - well yesterday - I terraformed again after I finally managed to remove almost every flower of my enormous flower field that was a mistake. 3 shovels later, I only kept two of each flower if I ever decide to grow some more, especially the rares ones. That thing was out of control lmao, never do a flower field if you're not sure you can keep it in place !
Now, I'm going to make a *flower line* with one of each flower in everycolor, don't know where yet but I better plan it this time.

Technically some of these were yesterday as I am late to write this...
* Welcomed Audie to Utopia
* Caught my first bluegill, pale chub, popeyed goldfish, and ranchu goldfish (since resetting) and donated them to the museum
* Unlocked Customization
* Helped Gullivarrr
* Built a perfect snowman

Did these yesterday
Time travel a lot to grow some bamboo.
Moved some houses around
Got Aurora adopted and found Keaton on an island. I'm determined to get all the eagle photos now and I think I'm just missing Avery's.
Laid down paths for the Asian theme neighborhood

I don’t know if this is an accomplishment but I went on my mystery island tour this morning and found Lily! She’ll be coming to my island ❤️

Made some pretty big changes today/yesterday. I first moved Sherb's house to the opposite side of the island to give both him an Ruby more of a yard, Then I repathed the whole island from the stone patch to the arched tile path. Then I moved Ruby's house a little bit more to the right and made a stage with instruments next to her house. I also built an outdoor gym for Genji (and Rory when I get him back). I also finally removed all my holly bushes and put in pink camilla bushes, ad did some light festivale decorating.

I'm in the process of turning one huge field of pink and white mums into a smaller half-field of pink and red mums - the color contrast is a lot more impressive to my mind. I put a street down the middle of the field that leads directly to my campsite, which I should probably look at renovating in the near future.

I did a lot of stuff yesterday and finally got myself a 5-star rating! Built a cafe area near the beach on the left hand side of my island (the devs need to increase the amount of food furniture!), built a conservatory/greenhouse area near the bottom right hand corner of my map (although sadly I don't have many impressive plants to stock it with yet), and put down fences in a lot of different places.

• opened the mail
  • visited the shops
  • caught some more bugs - trying to catch up too the number of fish I've caught, still over 1000 to go
  • picked up another pearl from lovely Pascal
  • went island hopping for a replacement for Chèvre, finally found Molly :giggle:
  • spoke to all my villagers, gave gifts to Erik and Murphy
  • popped some balloons, mainly received bells
  • dug up some flowers that were growing out of control
  • watered some flowers
  • chopped wood, hit rocks, dug fossils
  • completed some Nook Miles tasks
  • crafted some items
  • dug up some manila clams and crafted some fish bait
  • continued decorating the island
  • planted some more trees at the campsite area

february 10th
⛄ checked the mail; received some mariachi clothing from fuchsia, a down jacket from deirdre and a pleather fringe bag from audie!
🎄 had a camper today; it was vladimir :’)
⛄ did my daily grind of fossil hunting, material collecting, etc
🎄 talked to my villagers + gave gifts to the ones i need pics from
⛄ did one of label’s fashion checks and got some labelle tights
🎄 sold stuff
⛄ shot down balloons
🎄 went island hopping and invited pashmina <3
⛄ built a perfect snowboy and got a large snowflake + got a large snowflake from my other snowboy!
🎄 completed #4 of the “greedy weeder” nm achievement
⛄ checked the recycling bin; found 3 iron nuggets, cream and sugar and a sari
🎄 ordered the new seasonal items
⛄ collected my daily bonus nook miles
🎄 checked the shops; bought a old-school jacket (green), sweater on shirts (blue, grey, green) and kandooras (brown, grey) from able’s + a festivale drum (pink) from nook’s!
⛄ completed some nook mile achievements

2/10 (snowing!)
• Delivered the wrapped gifts.
• Maddie showed me how to make a cardboard sofa.
• Found a recipe for a Pear Dress inside of a bottle that had washed up on the beach.
• Gullivarrr washed up on shore today; luckily, it didn't take very long to find the phone.

2/11
• Received a pirate-treasure crown in the mail from Gullivarrr.
• Had to do some weeding, as they'd popped up in hidden places.
• Had a bunch of fossils assessed.
• Bought new things from the seasonal selection!
• Removed some excess flower growth.
• Ran into Wisp; after helping him out, I received a faux-shearling skirt as a reward...
• C.J. was also here today, this time with a small-fry challenge. After completing it I brought him three salmon to use for a collectible.

detailed my sunken waterfall area yesterday! here's the progress, posted this on twitter first lol:
PicsArt_02-11-03.59.37.jpg

PicsArt_02-12-02.30.51.jpg
planning on putting one character house and two villager houses in that area so i have to figure out where i should put those and also how i'm gonna terraform the surrounding area, feel like that's gonna be harder to do than the sunken waterfall itself lol but we'll cross the bridge when we get there. also i actually already changed the chair and table there to a log round table with three mush stools since as i said that area is dedicated for one character and two villagers...

february 11th
⛄ checked the mail; received a letter from beau, a bathrobe from fuchsia, a moss ball from deirdre, a tailors ticket from label and the items that i ordered!
🎄 pashmina moved in today <3
⛄ did my daily grind of fossil hunting, material collecting, etc
🎄 talked to my villagers + gave gifts to the ones i need pics from
⛄ helped out gulliver
🎄 sold stuff
⛄ shot down balloons
🎄 sent a “welcome!” letter to pashmina
⛄ built a perfect snowboy and got a large snowflake + got 2 large snowflakes from my other snowboys!
🎄 checked the recycling bin; found 3 clay
⛄ collected my daily bonus nook miles
🎄 checked the shops; bought skiwear (red) from able’s + a festivale stall (pink) from nook’s!
⛄ completed some nook mile achievements

I managed to get 3 wasps for Flick - I am awful at catching them and they always sting me. I somehow managed to catch all 3 to make a model while only getting stung once.

I have been trying to make paths that I can run through without flowers to at least every major place on my island I visit regularly. I still have work to do (removing trees/ furniture so they are no longer in my way), but at least now I've removed all the flowers. On the other hand, it is snowing on my island so it remains to be seen how many flowers will grow back tomorrow...

changed a lot of my qr codes today, i have finally succumbed to the "the path" trend and is now using a cobblestone variation of the path and from now on is going to be more simple in placing qr codes instead of putting qr codes in every block... i honestly think it's a really great idea to do so, i think i like the path better than the stepping stone path i have before, i now understand the hype on the path, also being more simple in qr placement is also a really great change

- finally got around to forming a coherent decoration plan with all the festivale stuff (up until now it was all just kind of.. dumped in one area)
- did a bunch more nook plus mile stuff
- helped gullivarr
- planted some bushes to finally finish off my entrance
- got the mermaid rug DIY from pascal
- and finally remembered to order a bunch of seasonal stuff from the catalog (the valentine's and lunar new year stuff)

• opened the mail, received a real Academic Painting from Raymond
  • visited the shops
  • spoke to all my villagers, gave gifts to Erik and Murphy, received Eriks photo :giggle:
  • chopped wood, hit rocks, dug fossils
  • had fossils in storage assessed and sold
  • watered the flowers, dug up a few more
  • went diving, picked up another pearl from Pascal
  • found CJ on the island and completed his seasports challenge
  • sold fish to CJ and gave him 3 Tunas for a model
  • popped balloons
  • crafted items, including a lot of fish bait
  • did a lot of fishing - sold more fish to CJ
  • completed some Nook Miles tasks

• I did a decent amount of terraforming and changed a good chunk of my island around to change up the look of the entrance
  • Gave gifts to Ankha, Piper, Portia, and Pecan in hopes of receiving their photos one day
  • Collected the full Festivale set to have a Festivale party on the island
  • Changed up the look of the first room in my home to a much more decorative theme layout
  • The design of the Plaza was re-arranged to something more different
  • I witnessed a dung beetle rolling over a massive snowball towards Lionel and Lionel became surprised as the beetle flew away 😂
  • Bought items from the catalog
  • Delivered letters
  • I added many confetti cannons at the entrance of my island because it looks fascinating with all of the confetti launching upwards
  • Watered the flowers that I had next to some waterfalls

Back