• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

Last night I finally got my last giraffe stag for the model woohoo!!!

I thought I'd go nuts decimating a couple of islands every frickin night last week just to get it since other rare stags would show up, but nooo, not the giraffe stag!

Then when I checked my list I realized after my museum donation, I never kept any of the extra giant snakeheads I caught for the model, I sold them all so I have to add that to the list now lol.

I have long wanted to do the flip into the water that we saw on one of the first Nintendo New Horizons videos. Giddy posted how to do it recently on the “Today I Learned” thread. It took me dozens of tries but I finally got the timing right and can now do flips off the pier (most of the time :rolleyes:)!

august 5th
checked the mail
dug up my daily fossils and money spot
collected my daily weeds, tree branches and rock materials
checked to see what shells were washed up on the beach
got a honeycomb wall diy from my daily diy bottle
talked to my villagers + gave gifts to the ones i need pics from - got a white sunflower dress from bunnie
caught a flea off of audie
did some fishing, bug catching and diving
welcomed ketchup to the island! ❤️
crafted a shovel
invited ketchup to harv’s island to unlock her poster
checked the recycling bin
collected my daily bonus nook miles and checked nook shopping
helped out gulliver
checked the shops
completed some nook mile achievements

-Bubbles asked me to deliver a gift to Rodeo. It was a cacao tree
-Lolly asked me to find a cicada but I can't find one for the love of my life so I grabbed one out of my storage
-CJ visited. Today's mission is to catch 3 big fishes and it took me a while to even find three of good sizes.
-Commissioned CJ to make a great white shark model
-Visited Nook's Cranny but didn't buy anything except some wrapping paper for my villagers
-Wrapped apples and peaches and coconuts for my villagers. 0 photos so far
-Picked up a diy from beach. It's a coconut wall hanger thingy. New addition to my diy collection!

august 6th
checked the mail; received a yellow silk hat from gulliver!
got a shell speaker diy from my daily diy bottle
talked to my villagers + gave gifts to the ones i need pics from - got a red embroidered tank from bunnie
did some fishing and bug catching
crafted a net
checked the recycling bin; found a rusted part and a cardboard box
checked to see what redd was selling and bought a twinkling painting
checked the shops

Rex finally asked to move out yesterday. One of my first 5 villagers. Found Tank when island hopping today. Not a fan of having two jocks, but I hate island hopping, so Tank will do.

Tonight I got fins island on my 2nd tix!!

I've been hoping to find the scorpion island cuz I'm sick of trying to make my own & just want to experience it but this is awesome too!

Then I tt'd to yesterday & sold them to CJ for abt 500 000 bells. It was so fun catching nothing but sharks...tho I can do without the annoying suckerfish lol.

8/11 (short day)
• There was a visitor at the campsite today; Papi the Okapi.
• Chatted with Pashmina (hanging out in the hybrid gardens), Kitty (who decided that I needed a pair of striped tights), Mathilda (admiring the museum's bug exhibit, and also wearing the shirt I'd sent her as an apology gift) and Pekoe (hanging out near the beach by Plucky's house). No matter where I looked, though, I couldn't find Patty anywhere.
• Saharah was visiting today; as usual, I bought her out.

august 7th
checked the mail; received a letter from bunnie and a twinkling painting from redd!
checked to see what shells were washed up on the beach and found a giant clam
got a simple diy workbench diy from my daily diy bottle
talked to my villagers + gave gifts to the ones i need pics from - got white-paint flooring from bunnie
did some fishing and bug catching
crafted a fishing rod and an ironwood chair
harvested my pear trees
shot down a balloon and got a magnetic knife rack
sold stuff
checked the recycling bin; found a cedar sapling
listened to a k.k. slider performance and received a copy of pondering
checked the shops

-Checked the mail, Marshal sent me a fragrance diffuser
-Saw Redd's little icon on the map so went to see what he had today, I bought a glowing painting from him and a different colour of the plastic canister
-Visited both shops, sold some junk at Nooks
-Harvested a fully grown money tree
-Talked to my villagers
-Completed some nook miles tasks
-Did yet some more rearranging at my campsite area

today I have
finally be able to play animal crossing online after my internet broke
buy some items
sell some items
craft a shovel
put a phone box on my island

8/12
• Visited Gayle, and found her asleep while standing up.
• C.J. was here today, this time with freestyle Fishing Challenge; upon completion, I brought him three pufferfish for a collectible.
• Chatted with Kitty, and helped her return a piece of furniture to Gayle she'd borrowed and had forgotten to return.
• Chatted with Patty, who decided I needed a cycling cap to go with my hula top.
• Found a lost bag at the picnic area nearby the museum. After asking around, I was able to return it to its owner: Mathilda (who I then chatted with for a little while). She gave me a camo tee in thanks.
• Chatted with Pashmina (who was exercising outside her house) and Pekoe (who was hanging out in the hybrid gardens).
• Witnessed a conversation between Pashmina and Patty about the importance of apologizing to friends and having the stubborn mindset of setting and changing trends. I'm pretty sure most of it went over Patty's head, because Pashmina looked rather exhausted and defeated by the end of the conversation.
• Ran into Wisp for the first time in a while; after helping him out, I received a broom and dustpan as a reward.

august 8th
checked the mail; received a letter from the HHA and a white mug from marty!
got a golden dung beetle diy from my daily diy bottle
talked to my villagers + gave gifts to the ones i need pics from - got a yellow front-tie button-down shirt from ketchup and a red tee dress from bunnie
did some fishing, bug catching and diving
crafted a shovel and 2 fishing rods
searched for some new custom designs to use
tested out a design idea at harv’s island
ordered some stuff
got a heart bopper from isabelle and a sparkler from whitney for today’s fireworks show!
checked the recycling bin
bought 900 turnips from daisy mae
checked the shops

For the last couple of days:
-Went diving. Caught: scallops, pearl, giant isopod, giant (bluish) clam because I can't remember the name. Conveniently, the clam swam right into me and saved me a couple minutes of chasing and frustration.
-Learned diys from villagers
-Wrapped foreign fruits and gifted to every villager. No photo yet
-Yesterday, Redd, Celeste and Wisp all came together :) Redd had 3 genuine arts and I learned starry sky wall from celeste. Forgot what I got from Wisp
-Turnip price is still very low in the 70s
-Did some quests for villagers. Gave Lolly an apology gift from Moose and fished a freshwater fish for Ruby
-Talked to Dolly but she gets annoyed if I talk to her more than 4 times. I thought it was my issue but she was good today and I was able to talk to her my daily 6 times as well as gifted her a wrapped apple
-Did some online trading today! Haven't done that in a while and I thought I didn't want to waste my Nintendo Online while I still have it
-Sahara came! Redeemed the tickets that I have been saving up

Hamlet moved out and I’ve been villager hunting and on my 23rd ticket I found Diana and I couldn’t be more pleased. The start of my woodland villagers collection for my island has officially begun. 🥳

Just got cast master on my second island.

Today is my first day of legit playing it after terraforming it.
(I did a character transfer so I had terraforming from the moment I created the island)

So today was the first day I caught any fish on it.

To me it needs to be done as soon as possible so that losing a fish isn't stressful any more haha

⚪️ I bought some more cockroaches from nookazon. I managed to place one up for decoration. The rest are still undecided.

⚪️ I finished my last second character room.

⚪️ I rearranged back my beach area ( after moving it slightly for the camp event aquarium).

⚪️ I gifted Agnes some nicer clothing.

⚪️ Added a creepy tree to my plaza.

i haven't done much today...

except for moving some flowers & inviting maple for her first day of moving in :>

honestly, thought... i don't have much to do right now....

i really want to wait till the next major event that's coming up.... :>

Last edited:
I haven't been playing as much but I did give presents and buy another fake statue from Redd (yay!) and Miranda gave me her photo, the 160th one I've received. I like Miranda but when she asks to move, I'll let her since I'd like to replace her with someone whose house has more autumn-ish colors. Plus I gifted her a hibiscus hairpin accidentally and she's been displaying it in her house. :-(

Back