What kind of meal do you have for Thanksgiving?

Chere.

Lost in the memories
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Fortunate Mushroom
Thanksgiving is next week for me, and it got me thinking about how my family has been pretty consistent with the big Thanksgiving meal we have. My parents usually host it, and my mother almost always makes a Turkey with roasted garlic, along with mushroom gravy, mash potatoes and carrots as a the usual sides (sometimes we have more, but those two are always there). Dessert is almost always sticky toffee pudding too. It's a solid meal, and they have tried a few other recipes on occasion (we did ham maybe once or twice, and duck a l'orange once or twice as well to change it up), but we seem pretty at on the same turkey recipe. I've honestly wanted to try a new turkey recipe, but my whole family is too attached to the one with roasted garlic so I feel like I haven't even tried turkey another way. 😅

I'm curious what other people's Thanksgiving meals are if they celebrate it! Whether it's a meal that's become a tradition, something you only tried once or twice, and if you love or hate it. :>

Last edited:
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (good stuff!), sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and dinner rolls.

Dessert is apple or pumpkin pie. Or sometimes both!

Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, corn, Lima beans, deviled eggs, rolls.

Deserts, pecan pumpkin roll with sweet cream cheese and apple pie

This’ll be a tough year, as it’ll be the first without my step dad, so mom decided we were going to go to Dallas to a game instead. It’s going to be very bittersweet as I personally would rather visit my home where I feel he still is, but I know how very hard it’ll be in my mom, so I’m good with whatever she wants to do.

My mom is fantastic at making some kind of traditional Thanksgiving meal every year. Usually turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, roasted veggies, etc. I really could not keep it up year after year like she does.

Back